Hello from New Zealand -Help Needed

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kiwi_icon
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Hello from New Zealand -Help Needed

Hey peeps,

I am flying over to L.A in two weeks two weeks time.
Arrive Sunday 23rd and have just brought tickets for my first ever NBA match.

Can anyone explain what to expect and give me advice?
Price on food,
Best way to get there. Is there free travel on public transport with a match ticket?

Any in house chats, or actions.

Anything will help.

Cheers.
kiwi_icon
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:02 am    Post subject:

Anyone ?
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject:

Depending where you are staying you could take the MetroLink This train will take you in the heart of LA. There is also information of the other public transportation on that link.

If you're taking a rentacar, there are plenty of parking just outside Staple Center. To save money don't park in Staple Center. There are public parking about 3 to 4 blocks away for half the price ($15ish)

Food at Staple Center is pricey but if you want to splurge here is a list of the concession stands in Staples
I usually just grab an onion hotdog for around $5 just outside of Staples Center.

Here is a link to what others are saying about Staple Center Yelp review

I don't usually hang out in downtown LA. I suggest hitting up Santa Monica "Third Street Promenade" and visit the Santa Monica Pier, go visit Hollywood and some of the amusement parks. Here is a link for deals happening in LA

Be careful and have fun.
kiwi_icon
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:
Depending where you are staying you could take the MetroLink This train will take you in the heart of LA. There is also information of the other public transportation on that link.

If you're taking a rentacar, there are plenty of parking just outside Staple Center. To save money don't park in Staple Center. There are public parking about 3 to 4 blocks away for half the price ($15ish)

Food at Staple Center is pricey but if you want to splurge here is a list of the concession stands in Staples
I usually just grab an onion hotdog for around $5 just outside of Staples Center.

Here is a link to what others are saying about Staple Center Yelp review

I don't usually hang out in downtown LA. I suggest hitting up Santa Monica "Third Street Promenade" and visit the Santa Monica Pier, go visit Hollywood and some of the amusement parks. Here is a link for deals happening in LA

Be careful and have fun.

Hi thanks for the response.

I am staying at the BEST WESTERN hotel Hollywood.

Thanks for the tip with parking, I am not going to hire a car just public transport where I can.
All other days are fine for activities. I just want to maximize my visit to the staple center.

Is there a local bar fans attend prior to tipoff?
I've got seats in section 108 row 8. Are these decent seats to capture my first match?

Thanks for the concessions. Is there a LA Lakers MUST HAVE item ?

Sorry for all the questions and thanks.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:20 am    Post subject:

Section 108 is a great section to see your first game.

From Hollywood you can take the red line underground train towards union station, and exit at 7th/metro. From there either a 5 block walk to the Staples Center, or you can transfer to the blue line platform and take it one stop to the Staples Center. I usually elect to walk.

They just raised the price to $1.75 for a ride, or $7 for a daily unlimited pass which will work for all the Los Angeles busses and trains, but not the Blue or Green busses.

Across from Staples Center is LA Live, which has a Yard House where many fans will go beforehand. Beer and wine only. There is also a Hooters restaurant on the other side of Staples. A famous breakfast place called The Pantry is also a block or two down the street, and on the way if you walk from the 7th/metro station. They have a bar next door with full alcohol selection as well. And a few other smaller restaurants with bars on the walk. There should be fans at all of them, but I am not sure if there is any place I would consider the local fan bar. I don't spend much time at the bars before the games, only been to Yard House and the place next to The Pantry, so hopefully others can share their opinion as well.

Some of the popular items at Staples center for me are the garlic fries (located upstairs by the smoking patio), and Outtakes (by Section 104) which sells Sushi, fruit cups and sandwiches. They have a lot of different choices in The Staples center.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: