According to this mock we get WCS, I like that and.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: According to this mock we get WCS, I like that and.....

4. Los Angeles Lakers: Willie Cauley-Stein, Kentucky, 7'0", C, Junior

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2321499-2015-nba-mock-draft-how-the-entire-first-round-shakes-out-entering-the-new-year/page/5

This is from the Bleacher Report and frankly I couldn't care less if it was from the Colbert Report. This is an average team and I am extremely hopeful we land a top 5 pick because we need a defensive anchor badly to change the current culture. (Ed Davis is my perfect back up). And I might as well get these off my chest right now:

1. I love that guy Kobe Bean and what he has brought us in the way of the 5 championships, but I will be more than ecstatic when we press reset instead of rebuild or whatever this current course of action represents.

2. An addition to this team of a top 5 pick (Cauley-Stein), the return of JR30, a significant free agent signing like a Tobias Harris, Greg Monroe, or Dragic, and the maturation of kids on cheap contracts like Clarkson, can at least give us more than the nightmare of being held hostage by guys who have no intention of coming here to play with an aged Kobe.

3. The franchise (by its own creation) is being held hostage by contracts that are going to keep us right in the mediocre to average range...that's called basketball purgatory.

4. Start anew and kick Kobe to the curb? No, but the last year of his contract is next year, and good management decisions, as painful as they are sometimes, will insure that the only player who receives that kind of contract has 16 years ahead of him not behind him.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:41 pm    Post subject:

So from a WCS thread to a Kobe P&M thread? Great do we really need another one?
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:43 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:

"we" who made you spokesperson for the entire board? Besides just go another thread if it bugs you
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:

Pretty much lol
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:48 pm    Post subject:

WCS would be nice, but I posted a quote from him where he basically says due to his sickle-cell anemia condition, he has chest pains and has to sit out because his heart rate gets too high and it won't go down. Also possible problems with long-term fatigue, etc. That would be a concern, and a reason he may fall down the draft once they do medical evaluations (remember Isaiah Austin was a 1st rounder until they found a medical condition that made him retire from basketball).

But it's a little premature. Let's get the pick first before we look at one given player. Not even close to being there yet.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject:

We're bad enough to keep our pick right now? Pistons dumping Smith probably helps.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
WCS would be nice, but I posted a quote from him where he basically says due to his sickle-cell anemia condition, he has chest pains and has to sit out because his heart rate gets too high and it won't go down. Also possible problems with long-term fatigue, etc. That would be a concern, and a reason he may fall down the draft once they do medical evaluations (remember Isaiah Austin was a 1st rounder until they found a medical condition that made him retire from basketball).

But it's a little premature. Let's get the pick first before we look at one given player. Not even close to being there yet.

O, geeez, didn't know that. I've been lurking/reading for a while, and knew others liked him too. I'm so desperate for a defensive anchor that this team is like totally off my radar until we do.

Then plan B: I'd sign Jordan from those other guys if I knew he'd come.

Go ahead and bash that post, don't care, we ain't goin nowhere without a nice defensive big, or enough all around athleticism to compensate for the lack of one.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

Pretty much lol

Right. Now do us a favor. Create a stimulating, thought provoking thread. It'd be more helpful than using your digits to type a mindless response.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:18 pm    Post subject:

If we could get him and his medical tests clear, I wouldn't mind. Nice continuity with Randle, good defender who is mobile.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Assuming he's healthy enough to project as a player who can give you 30+ mpg, I'd be fine with him. He doesn't look completely useless offensively anymore, and he's a great athlete with terrific instincts on the defensive end. However, since Randle is the only one right now that projects as a young core player for us (and he started his career off with a broken leg,) we're in dire need of young core players that can be go-to guys. That's not WCS, but maybe there really won't be much else in that regard on the draft board at the time (assuming we can keep our pick.)
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:45 pm    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
Assuming he's healthy enough to project as a player who can give you 30+ mpg, I'd be fine with him. He doesn't look completely useless offensively anymore, and he's a great athlete with terrific instincts on the defensive end. However, since Randle is the only one right now that projects as a young core player for us (and he started his career off with a broken leg,) we're in dire need of young core players that can be go-to guys. That's not WCS, but maybe there really won't be much else in that regard on the draft board at the time (assuming we can keep our pick.)

Yeah, WCS is a defensive role player. Not a core-top 1/2 player at all.
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:49 pm    Post subject:

If we're the #4, there is a decent chance we can win the lottery
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject:

kray28_ wrote:
If we're the #4, there is a decent chance we can win the lottery

There's also a decent chance we can fall out of the top 5 and lose our pick altogether.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject:

No way WCS should be taken in the top 5.
SemperMalum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

He's boosted his numbers by really carrying the team, ATM. Playing a lot, rebounding, defensive anchor that's mobile like Towns. He's play with Randle before, I don't think he'd be a bad pick up. But, I'd look for other people first if possible. Turner or something could end up being better for us. I was hoping he'd have a somewhat meh year so that we could grab him with the Houston pick but he's playing too well for that.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

You said that in the other thread. Chad Ford has him at 7. For me its about the health issues he's had another poster mentioned. That did it for me as far looking elsewhere. But ok.
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:04 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

You said that in the other thread. Chad Ford has him at 7. For me its about the health issues he's had another poster mentioned. That did it for me as far looking elsewhere. But ok.

I like him as a prospect and would be glad to have him because he's a game changer. I just think you should pick someone with more potential in the top 5. I honestly don't mind him at 7 either
KobeBryantCliffordBrown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 8:06 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

"we" who made you spokesperson for the entire board? Besides just go another thread if it bugs you

Whatever. You started it and if criticism of your ridiculous thread bothers you, go to another one.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:11 pm    Post subject:

KobeBryantCliffordBrown wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:

Whatever. You started it and if criticism of your ridiculous thread bothers you, go to another one.

If my thread is ridiculous that makes someone like you who posts in it a ____
I won't get suspended for your stu ___nevermind..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: