If we lose our top 5 Pick, No biggie because.....

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:02 pm    Post subject: If we lose our top 5 Pick, No biggie because.....

I sense that the Lakers are fixated on two possible bust in Winslow and WCS....In actuality, we would have dodged one.... So,.....I guess we're in like a win/win situation in a real sort of weird way.... Get a top 5 pick, then great, 4/5 at least...then we're drafting one of those two bust.....

Top 3...Probably still draft Winslow...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject:

Disagree.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:45 pm    Post subject: Re: If we lose our top 5 Pick, No biggie because.....

LakeShowSince84 wrote:
I sense that the Lakers are fixated on two possible bust in Winslow and WCS....In actuality, we would have dodged one.... So,.....I guess we're in like a win/win situation in a real sort of weird way.... Get a top 5 pick, then great, 4/5 at least...then we're drafting one of those two bust.....

What a, uh, bizarre opinion. First of all, a top draft pick either becomes a productive player (at the least), or, even if they don's seem to be fulfilling their promise within a couple years, they're still a decently valuable trade asset. Presumably, you'll be worried that those players will have similar career arcs to, say, Marvin Williams. Who knows, you may be right. But as a trade asset, they'd still have value, three years from now.

2nd -- where do you see that he Lakers are "fixated" on these two players? I'm gonna guess a fan blog on Bleacher Report.

Getting a top draft pick is a win, period. Not getting one is a loss.
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 4:47 am    Post subject: Re: If we lose our top 5 Pick, No biggie because.....

LuciusAllen wrote:
LakeShowSince84 wrote:

What a, uh, bizarre opinion. First of all, a top draft pick either becomes a productive player (at the least), or, even if they don's seem to be fulfilling their promise within a couple years, they're still a decently valuable trade asset. Presumably, you'll be worried that those players will have similar career arcs to, say, Marvin Williams. Who knows, you may be right. But as a trade asset, they'd still have value, three years from now.

2nd -- where do you see that he Lakers are "fixated" on these two players? I'm gonna guess a fan blog on Bleacher Report.

IDK....Seems like it seems to be the thinking of most on Lakersground...and been reading blogs from a few insiders...I could be wrong....
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject:

Any pick could be a bust, this makes no sense at all.
Clutch24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Re: If we lose our top 5 Pick, No biggie because.....

LakeShowSince84 wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
LakeShowSince84 wrote:

IDK....Seems like it seems to be the thinking of most on Lakersground...and been reading blogs from a few insiders...I could be wrong....

To keep it simple for you...you're wrong.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: