Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 12:24 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Have you seen him play in an actual basketball game?

I've watched enough game highlights. I didn't see Damian Lillard play in an actual game to see something special in him.

Thanks. You sure do hold onto the Damian Lillard thing. lol

KRL, Lillard is the 2nd or 3rd best player from his draft. He went 6th. It wasn't that big of a find.

I'm not trying to insult you man, but you do bring it up a lot. Comes off as bragging.

It is bragging. I have no trouble with it. Plus I clearly stated he would be the best player behind Anthony Davis.

Hindsight equals wasn't a big find. Go see my thread and when I posted it.

You posted the thread like a week before the draft, when everyone knew he was going high. You've also talked about the "visions of greatness" with Doug McDermott, how Thomas Robinson was a "star in the making", how Jeremy Tyler had "limitless talent", and you loved Jimmer Fredette. We tend to hear about those observations less. We get that you liked Lillard and he turned out to be good, but it doesn't validate every draft opinion that you have. Why we're talking about Damian Lillard in a Kristaps Porzingis thread is beyond me.

It's like a broken clock, except the clock keeps sending out the little bird to shout about how it was right seven hours ago.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Well I actually said Lillard would be the BEST player in his draft outside of Anthony Davis.

I never said that about the other guys.

I will say that Kristaps will be better than Towns. I'll be happy if the Lakers get Okafor or Kristaps.
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:27 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I've watched enough game highlights. I didn't see Damian Lillard play in an actual game to see something special in him.

KRL, Lillard is the 2nd or 3rd best player from his draft. He went 6th. It wasn't that big of a find.

I'm not trying to insult you man, but you do bring it up a lot. Comes off as bragging.

It is bragging. I have no trouble with it. Plus I clearly stated he would be the best player behind Anthony Davis.

You posted the thread like a week before the draft, when everyone knew he was going high. You've also talked about the "visions of greatness" with Doug McDermott, how Thomas Robinson was a "star in the making", how Jeremy Tyler had "limitless talent", and you loved Jimmer Fredette. We tend to hear about those observations less. We get that you liked Lillard and he turned out to be good, but it doesn't validate every draft opinion that you have. Why we're talking about Damian Lillard in a Kristaps Porzingis thread is beyond me.

It's like a broken clock, except the clock keeps sending out the little bird to shout about how it was right seven hours ago.

And instead of a little bird, it's a three-wattled bellbird with a megaphone set on repeat.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject:

7'1.25" height and 7'6" wingspan ... SICK

This kid will be an offensive force right up there with Durant in 3-4 years.
#Avatar-gate
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Congratulations to the Zen Master - you just got the BEST player in the draft.
#Avatar-gate
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:19 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
I have a gut feeling that the Knicks will draft him, with the hope that he'll fill out and develop post skills (Pau Gasol rather than Dirk).

Hey, I predicted this back on June 3rd. Where's my cookie????

After watching him, he's not a triangle low post player like Pau. He's a perimeter player, and overly ambitious (or more likely delusional) about his future role in the NBA:

Quote:
"Right now I'm a stretch 4, [but] I can step inside," Porzingis said after being introduced to the New York media on Friday. "I don't just want to be a 7-1 guy who's only 3-point shooting. So right now I see myself as a 4-man. For the future, obviously when I get stronger and I will get stronger ... I will be able to guard 5s and play the 5 position."

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2015/story/_/id/13154674/phil-jackson-defends-new-york-knicks-first-round-selection-kristaps-porzingis
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:24 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

It's so pathetic how people cherrypick their predictions
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:05 am    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
Congratulations to the Zen Master - you just got the BEST player in the draft.

Plus he traded Tim Hardaway's son, Tim Hardaway, a player who's not worth a bag of chips for a pretty good prospect in Jerian Grant.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:17 am    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
I have a gut feeling that the Knicks will draft him, with the hope that he'll fill out and develop post skills (Pau Gasol rather than Dirk).

After watching him, he's not a triangle low post player like Pau. He's a perimeter player, and overly ambitious (or more likely delusional) about his future role in the NBA:

Quote:
"Right now I'm a stretch 4, [but] I can step inside," Porzingis said after being introduced to the New York media on Friday. "I don't just want to be a 7-1 guy who's only 3-point shooting. So right now I see myself as a 4-man. For the future, obviously when I get stronger and I will get stronger ... I will be able to guard 5s and play the 5 position."

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2015/story/_/id/13154674/phil-jackson-defends-new-york-knicks-first-round-selection-kristaps-porzingis

You now have the right to bring this up in every single post you make regardless of subject matter.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Quote:

You now have the right to bring this up in every single post you make regardless of subject matter.

Great suggestion! I need to somehow enshrine it in a signature.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
22 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

So basically the age old method of throwing (bleep) against the wall and hoping it sticks.

Lilliard went 6th too btw so it wasn't like this prescient foresight. He was on everyone's radar.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

So basically the age old method of throwing (bleep) against the wall and hoping it sticks and when it does stick, be the biggest ass you can be about it.

Lilliard went 6th too btw so it wasn't like this prescient foresight. He was on everyone's radar.

Fixed.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Keep hating
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject:

I'll drop my hat into this.
I initially thought Bargnani 2.0
Didn't want the Lakers to touch this guy, even if it were #4 or 5 we stayed at.
Knew Phil would have interest, but mostly because he can fit into the Triangle. However now it looks much more than just a Tri fit.

Saw some highlights of in game play at NBA level competition. Seems much more impressive than what I saw pre-NBA level competition.

James Worthy's insane, he's calling him a hybrid of Dirk/Durant, and that's just not happening IMO.

However, I see much more now why the Lakers had so much interest in him, why many teams were interested in him vs before the draft. He has SG/SF skills in a C's body. He looks as long as Bynum, as athletic as many C's, but his skill level is of a guy that can play SG/SF. That's why he's getting the Dirk/Durant comparisons, even if they are so far off from ever being reality.

I don't know what he'll end up like, because unlike Okafor or Towns, he doesn't seem to have as much a middleground/floor. His floor is out of the league, and middleground is more athletic/defensively better Bargnani. He's far more of a risk than Towns or Okafor or Russell even.

But the kid belongs up there in this draft, I do think he's way better upside/investment wise than Motiejunas. Looking back a few weeks later, I rate him higher than I did before the draft. The plays he showed at SPL looked really good. Of course that's just a mirage of what could be, and I'm well aware of how hard it'll be for that to be consistent. Kid has major talent though. If he maximizes his talent, he'll be a 18-20 ppg guy in the league and very very tough to defend. I can't think of too many guys in this league being able to defend him from the perimeter. The main thing, he has to find a defensive position and be passionate about that side of the ball. And with those long lanky arms and body, avoid serious injuries.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:10 am    Post subject:

http://www.nba.com/video/games/sixers/2015/07/14/1521500034-nyk-phi-play3.nba/?cid=nbacomsocial_tw_sf10962492

Didn't recall Bargnani have this type of length, anticipation and knack for playing D. Kid has real talent. I'm really surprised at how much better he has looked against NBA competition vs the vids I saw of him in Euroball.

One thing I like about this draft this year, some real big man talent. Towns. Okafor. Porzingis. WCS. Really - can I just have 1 on my fav team, please basketball gods?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject:

^^^ You forgot Turner. Who has shown more flashes than all of them in SPL so far
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:19 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
^^^ You forgot Turner. Who has shown more flashes than all of them in SPL so far

I read about him, and how happy Indiana is, but havent seen the vids or games.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
22 wrote:

I read about him, and how happy Indiana is, but havent seen the vids or games.

Indiana is killin it with Myles Turner and Joe Young. Best shooters out there.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:25 pm    Post subject:

13 pts 6.5 rebounds 2 stls 1 blk in 25 mpg ... averages after 2 games

What has Duh-Angelo done for us?
#Avatar-gate
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject:

Kristaps Porzingis seems to have started the season as a far higher impact player than most observers had predicted; anyone earning style points from Tim Duncan and Phil Jackson probably deserves them. Phil's draft blunder ? Not so much so far.
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject:

I wanted us to draft Porzingis all along. I'd definitely brag about it and I'd want some credit but then again I wasn't high on Mudiay and I didn't quite realize how slow D'Angelo was. So therefore eh...sometimes you call it right, sometimes you don't.
Too bad about those 2 blunters cuz I got everything right in the 2014 NBA Draft.
Heck, if only I got Mudiay and Russell right, I would've applied for a scouting job lol. But the very second I saw them play against the NBA level competition, I realized I got it wrong.
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:38 am    Post subject:

LakersNewEra wrote:
I wanted us to draft Porzingis all along. I'd definitely brag about it and I'd want some credit but then again I wasn't high on Mudiay and I didn't quite realize how slow D'Angelo was. So therefore eh...sometimes you call it right, sometimes you don't.
Too bad about those 2 blunters cuz I got everything right in the 2014 NBA Draft.
Heck, if only I got Mudiay and Russell right, I would've applied for a scouting job lol. But the very second I saw them play against the NBA level competition, I realized I got it wrong.

Where were you starting a thread and putting your neck on the line? Or even helping me out while I get crapped on?

You can have the scout job, give me the GM role!
#Avatar-gate
Fruscas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject:

This young guy is going to be really really good. Looked awesome yesterday against the spurs
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Kristap Fan Video
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 6:59 am    Post subject:

I remember asking for fans to stop calling him Porky Fat or whatever they were before the draft, when it was rumored LA brought him in for 2 workouts. At least now the kid gets some respect. I have no clue what his upside will be, but at the very least he's proven to be someone that can be relied upon to be a very good support player. Often guys like Porzingis get the highest bust label of any other player. Good for him that he's showing clearly that's not the case.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: