Lakers in the News 8/11/15: Jordan Clarkson: The Forgotten Man in the Los Angeles Lakers Rebuild

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:29 am    Post subject: Lakers in the News 8/11/15: Jordan Clarkson: The Forgotten Man in the Los Angeles Lakers Rebuild

Jordan Clarkson: The Forgotten Man in the Los Angeles Lakers Rebuild
by Max Holm - h4-entertainment.com

The Los Angeles Lakers felt they fell into a diamond in the rough when Julius Randle fell to them in the 2014 NBA Draft, only for him to suffer a season-ending injury in October’s season opener.

However, without Randle and with an unbalanced roster, the Lake Show sank to one of the worst records in the NBA, leaving them with the 2nd overall pick in 2015, which soon became Ohio State’s D’Angelo Russell.

Russell, along with Randle, were the subject of massive trade rumors this summer, namely for the Sacramento Kings DeMarcus Cousins. As it stands, both players remain in purple and gold and are very much seen as cornerstones for the next great Laker era. Yet, it’s hard to believe two players, who have combined to play less than one actual NBA game are more of a buzz than the potential for sophomore guard Jordan Clarkson.

After sporadic minutes to start the year – likely because Byron Scott thought he was coaching a potential playoff team – come late January, Clarkson was given an opportunity and he ran with it like Forrest Gump.

http://www.h4-entertainment.com/2015/08/jordan-clarkson-the-forgotten-man-in-the-los-angeles-lakers-rebuild/
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:31 am    Post subject:

D'Lo Has Spoken With Multiple Laker Legends
by Ryan Ward - lakersnation.com

Being drafted by the Los Angeles Lakers is a humbling experience. Few top-tier college prospects have had the opportunity to be taken by the storied franchise over the past few decades due to the team’s success. That has changed in recent years after two disappointing seasons without playoff appearances.

Along with all the perks of being apart of the Lakers organization, rookies occasionally bump into some of the greatest players to ever wear purple and gold. Rookie D’Angelo Russell has already had his fair share of conversations with a few Lakers legends, via SirxiusXM NBA Radio:

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-news-dangelo-russell-has-spoken-with-multiple-laker-legends/2015/08/10/
Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:58 am    Post subject:

I think only someone who does not follow Lakers at all can say that Clarkson is forgotten.
The guy is pretty much the fans favorite and quite some of us think he is going to be the best of the Lakers this season....

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
K28
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:25 am    Post subject:

Some of these articles are just written for the sake of writing something.

Clarkson is the clear standout in terms of development for all the young players. He is not "forgotten".
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:56 am    Post subject:

I somewhat get what they are saying. If you listen to the Lakers front office, I believe Mitch has said Clarkson had a good year "but" it was on a bad team, and he has to prove he can do it again this year(which I agree with, but I'm not doubting him). When he speaks of Russell, he automatically speaks of him in terms of "star potential". We've also heard how much potential Randle has in the eyes of the front office as well. I think it's mostly draft status talk, both Randle and Russell are high lotto picks and Clarkson is a 2nd rounder. With high lotto status, there is a lot of hype and expectations and way more chances to succeed in the nba.
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject:

It’s Lakers night at Dodger Stadium!
by City News Service - mynewsla.com

Fans will have the opportunity to pose for pictures with the NBA’s 1988 Larry O’Brien Trophy and Major League Baseball’s 1988 Commissioner’s Trophy Tuesday night at Dodger Stadium as the Los Angeles Dodgers conduct Lakers Night.

The trophies will be set up for picture-taking in the right field plaza from 5:10 p.m. through the second inning. The year 1988 was chosen as the year for the trophies because it is the only year the Lakers and Dodgers both won championships.

The Laker Girls will also be present for pictures.

A special Lakers drink will be available in the plaza bar.

http://mynewsla.com/sports/2015/08/11/its-lakers-night-at-dodger-stadium/
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:21 am    Post subject:

Larry Nance Jr. Living His Dream
by Alex Kennedy - basketballinsiders.com

When NBA Commissioner Adam Silver announced that the Los Angeles Lakers had selected Larry Nance Jr. with the 27th overall pick in the 2015 NBA Draft, the 22-year-old forward was stunned.

“I was just hoping to hear my name called at all,” Nance told Basketball Insiders. “So to hear it called 27th overall by the Lakers, I was like, ‘Really? Really?!’ I had a sense of disbelief because it was just so crazy. I mean, I was just fighting to hear my name called at all and now I’m picked in the first round by the best franchise in history? I couldn’t have dreamt up a better scenario.”

To be clear, Nance absolutely believes the Lakers made the right choice and he’s determined to prove he was worthy of that first-round selection. But in that moment, he was pleasantly surprised and honored. Growing up as a huge NBA fan, he knows all about the Lakers’ rich history and what it means to don that purple and gold jersey. And now, suddenly, he was part of that exclusive fraternity.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nba-am-larry-nance-jr-living-his-dream/
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:42 am    Post subject:

NBA rookies impersonate LeBron James and Kobe Bryant

Contributed by Javier West on August 11, 2015 at 5:10 am

After sporadic minutes to start the year – likely because Byron Scott thought he was coaching a potential playoff team – come late January, Clarkson was given an opportunity and he ran with it like Forrest Gump.

The National Basketball Association Rookie Photo Shoot was filled with dancing, trick shots, and goofing off, as most of the rookies from the 2015 National Basketball Association Draft were in attendance.

“We recognize and understand that some of our players’ availability to participate is still up in the air”, shared USA Basketball Chairman Jerry Colangelo, referring to the decision of Chicago Bulls star Rose to opt out of the event.

The Lakers saw this past summer that they need a strong product to bring in free agents and that won’t happen unless their young players develop well. Within the Q&A portion of the camp, Jordan was additionally queried about different gamers together with LeBron James and Stephen Curry, two of the brightest stars within the league as we speak. There’s Blake Griffin trying to murder the hoop, James Harden’s flop, and the always-imitated Kobe Bryant pump-fake fadeaway. I think he’s one of the great players of the game.

http://rapidnewsnetwork.com/nba-rookies-impersonate-lebron-james-and-kobe-bryant/114134/

Video:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/25266235/watch-nba-rookies-impersonate-kobe-bryant-james-harden-lebron
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject:

WATCH: D’Angelo Russell Sinks Half-Court Shot; Imitates Kobe At Photo Shoot

August 8, 2015 3:09 PM

TARRYTOWN, NY - AUGUST 8: D'Angelo Russell #1 of the Los Angeles Lakers poses for a portrait during the 2015 NBA rookie photo shoot on August 8, 2015 at the Madison Square Garden Training Facility in Tarrytown, New York. (Credit: Brian Babineau/NBAE via Getty Images)

TARRYTOWN, NY – AUGUST 8: D’Angelo Russell #1 of the Los Angeles Lakers poses for a portrait during the 2015 NBA rookie photo shoot on August 8, 2015 at the Madison Square Garden Training Facility in Tarrytown, New York. (Credit: Brian Babineau/NBAE via Getty Images)

Related Tags: Anthony Brown, D’Angelo Russell, Lakers, NBA, NBA Draft, NBA Rookie Photo Shoot, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, sports

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Lakers point guard D’Angelo Russell showed off his skills at the NBA Rookie Photo Shoot on Saturday, sinking a half-court shot on camera, followed by a very accurate impersonation of Kobe Bryant.

After hitting the shot from beyond half-court, check out Russell’s spot-on imitation of a Kobe Bryant fist pump.

The NBA Rookie Photo Shoot was filled with dancing, trick shots, and goofing off, as most of the rookies from the 2015 NBA Draft were in attendance.

Some players showed off their new uniforms with selfies, while others danced for the cameras.

Five University of Kentucky players were barely even able to all fit in the same photo prop during a picture, demonstrating the schools prominence in producing NBA players.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2015/08/08/watch-dangelo-russell-sinks-half-court-shot-imitates-kobe-at-photo-shoot/
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Welcome back Cha*n!

And kudos to Lakersfreak for helping out!

City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:42 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Welcome back Cha*n!

!...
lakersfreak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Shaber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:17 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
I somewhat get what they are saying. If you listen to the Lakers front office, I believe Mitch has said Clarkson had a good year "but" it was on a bad team, and he has to prove he can do it again this year

This actually applies to all players.

Of the Lakers, to Kobe maybe even the most.

Lakers depth chart

PG Johnson / Goodrich
SG Bryant / West / Scott
SF Baylor / Worthy / Cooper
PF Mikkelsen / Hairston / McAdoo / Gasol
C Chamberlain / Abdul-Jabbar / O'Neal / Mikan
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: