THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3311, 3312, 3313 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:58 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
I haven't lived in LA for a very long time, but for the love of god please vote for Karen Bass and not that slimeball Rick Caruso who is a Republican pretending to be a Democrat.

He's another Manchin and Sinema

I voted for Karen Bass. Caruso Strikes me as a con. He loaned his campaign $10 million. He's trying to buy the campaign. Slick Rick said he will work free. He made a fortune in real estate and construction. If he gets to be mayor he'll more than make up the $75,425 LA Mayor salary. He typically gets construction loans for 65% to 70% of the cost to build his projects. The homeless projects he says he'll build will net him countless millions.

If his homeless solution nets him millions but helps isn't that good? However, I am sure that developers filling the pockets of California politicians isn't something you really care about. Especially with your comments regarding other state leaders.

Who cares if Caruso gets richer if it helps. Who fills bass pockets? I mean you don't actually think politicians, especially in big cities aren't funded by special interests?

Look at everyone's flavor of the month a few years back in Andrew Gillum. The "new face" of politics. became a talking head with all of the answers and righteousness. Indicted.

Who cares? Those who don't want another Donald Trump in office. It's against the law to use a public office to make money. If that doesn't bother you we have nothing to discuss.

la would never vote for another DJ. Sorry Caruso is not that guy. yes if he illegally makes money that would be a problem. However lets not convict him or anyone else before it happens.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:05 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
I haven't lived in LA for a very long time, but for the love of god please vote for Karen Bass and not that slimeball Rick Caruso who is a Republican pretending to be a Democrat.

I voted for Karen Bass. Caruso Strikes me as a con. He loaned his campaign $10 million. He's trying to buy the campaign. Slick Rick said he will work free. He made a fortune in real estate and construction. If he gets to be mayor he'll more than make up the $75,425 LA Mayor salary. He typically gets construction loans for 65% to 70% of the cost to build his projects. The homeless projects he says he'll build will net him countless millions.

If his homeless solution nets him millions but helps isn't that good? However, I am sure that developers filling the pockets of California politicians isn't something you really care about. Especially with your comments regarding other state leaders.

Who cares if Caruso gets richer if it helps. Who fills bass pockets? I mean you don't actually think politicians, especially in big cities aren't funded by special interests?

Look at everyone's flavor of the month a few years back in Andrew Gillum. The "new face" of politics. became a talking head with all of the answers and righteousness. Indicted.

Who cares? Those who don't want another Donald Trump in office. It's against the law to use a public office to make money. If that doesn't bother you we have nothing to discuss.

la would never vote for another DJ.

Sorry Caruso is not that guy.
yes if he illegally makes money that would be a problem. However lets not convict him or anyone else before it happens.

You don't know that for sure.

I don't know Caruso. I haven't convicted him of anything. I don't trust him. Do you know him or is your conception the same as mine, gut feelings? I don't trust someone so willing to give so much for nothing.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:32 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

la would never vote for another DJ. Sorry Caruso is not that guy. yes if he illegally makes money that would be a problem. However lets not convict him or anyone else before it happens.

I don't know Caruso. I haven't convicted him of anything. I don't trust him. Do you know him or is your conception the same as mine, gut feelings? I don't trust someone so willing to give so much for nothing.

Your gut just says Bass is better?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:36 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

la would never vote for another DJ.

Sorry Caruso is not that guy.
yes if he illegally makes money that would be a problem. However lets not convict him or anyone else before it happens.

No. In my mind, Karen is the lesser of two evils.

You didn't answer my question. Is your conception of Caruso the same as mine?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:57 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

No. In my mind, Karen is the lesser of two evils. She has less baggage.

No. I don't get when and where becoming a billionaire became a bad thing. Or because he looks a certain way (slick) even comes into the equation. California as a whole needs fixing and LA on a smaller scale does too. I try not to get into "gut feelings" or " he's someone I can have a beer with" as deciding who I would vote for. Thats what got Bush elected.

We need an extreme make-over on crime and solutions for homelessness. Beyond that I would defer to LAFD and other city orgs to get their input.

I have LAFD in the family and caruso is their pref. (they don't like either, but point Caruso for crime).

Bass is cut from the Newsome cloth so having him as a case study steers me away from her.

All politicians are sketchy, I just feel with his history (good and bad) and what would benefit him ( I know, I know) would ultimately benefit the city.

HOWEVER as noted before. The Olympics are coming, so whoever is in office will sweep the homeless back into the shadows vs developing programs to help those who want help.

California as a whole needs to try something new. You equate that to me being a trumptard. My ideal Governor would be Katie Porter. The mayor is more granular but a caruso v Newsome dynamic IMHO could work. The yesman org hasn't.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Jan 6 hearings – live: FBI raids, new subpoenas issued as committee expands investigation over fresh evidence

LINK

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:53 pm    Post subject:

The Majority Report w/ Sam Seder

(GOP Senator In HOT WATER After Being Implicated In Trump’s Fake Elector Scheme)

Quote:
The Jan. 6th Committee outlines new evidence that the chief of staff to Republican Sen. Ron Johnson was attempting to hand deliver an alternate slate of electors from Wisconsin to Mike Pence in favor of Donald Trump. An aide to Pence refused to accept the document.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

No. I don't get when and where becoming a billionaire became a bad thing. Or because he looks a certain way (slick) even comes into the equation. California as a whole needs fixing and LA on a smaller scale does too. I try not to get into "gut feelings" or " he's someone I can have a beer with" as deciding who I would vote for. Thats what got Bush elected.

Becoming a Billionaire is not a bad thing. It's great to have the wherewithal. I didn't mean to say he looks slick, I rhymed it with his name. Yes, California needs fixing as does LA.

We need an extreme make-over on crime and solutions for homelessness. Beyond that I would defer to LAFD and other city orgs to get their input.

Karen Bass is for police reform. That includes crime reduction.

I have LAFD in the family and caruso is their pref. (they don't like either, but point Caruso for crime).

I have a son in the LAPD. They support Caruso because he's pro-police. I support Karen Bass because she is for police reform. So am I.
LINK

Bass is cut from the Newsome cloth so having him as a case study steers me away from her.

Newsone got caught up in the pandemic and made blunders. He's not been as bad as Republican governors.

All politicians are sketchy, I just feel with his history (good and bad) and what would benefit him ( I know, I know) would ultimately benefit the city.

That would be a good thing if what he does truly benefits the homeless. But is he doing it for the city or himself?

HOWEVER as noted before. The Olympics are coming, so whoever is in office will sweep the homeless back into the shadows vs developing programs to help those who want help.

That's politicians being political. If you build homeless cities they would be in ruins in a short period of time. IMO they would be a drug dealer's haven.

California as a whole needs to try something new. You equate that to me being a trumptard. My ideal Governor would be Katie Porter. The mayor is more granular but a caruso v Newsome dynamic IMHO could work. The yesman org hasn't.

I don't equate you to anything. If you are a Trumptard we are definitely on different sides of the fence. I'll take my chances with Karen Bass

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:10 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC

(Andrew Gillum Indicted For Wire Fraud, Lying To FBI)

Quote:
Andrew Gillum, who ran against Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis in 2018, has been indicted for 19 counts of wire fraud, a count of lying to the FBI and conspiracy to commit mail fraud.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Halflife wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Becoming a Billionaire is not a bad thing. It's great to have the wherewithal. I didn't mean to say he looks slick, I rhymed it with his name. Yes, California needs fixing as does LA.

Karen Bass is for police reform. That includes crime reduction.

I have a son in the LAPD. They support Caruso because he's pro-police. I support Karen Bass because she is for police reform. So am I.
LINK

Newsone got caught up in the pandemic and made blunders. He's not been as bad as Republican governors.

That would be a good thing if what he does truly benefits the homeless. But is he doing it for the city or himself?

That's politicians being political. If you build homeless cities they would be in ruins in a short period of time. IMO they would be a drug dealer's haven.

I don't equate you to anything. If you are a Trumptard we are definitely on different sides of the fence. I'll take my chances with Karen Bass

Look at us. Unfortunately, this type of dialogue/disagreement has disappeared in society. Bass will probably win and she at least is more fiscally responsible than her cronie in Sacramento so that alone gives me hope.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Caruso has outspent Bass 12:1.
https://tinyurl.com/4xpttkbx

And you're wondering who bankrolled Bass's campaign? That's strange.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:41 pm    Post subject:

CNN

(Warren to Powell: Don't drive this economy off a cliff)

Quote:
Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) questions Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell about the impact raising interest rates will have on working Americans.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:48 pm    Post subject:

MSNBC

(Judge Upholds Defamation Suit Against Fox Corp)

Quote:
Former U.S. attorney Harry Litman, New York Times Congressional reporter Luke Broadwater, and editor-at-large of the Bulwark Charlie Sykes discuss a judge denying an attempt by Fox Corporation to dismiss a $1.6 billion defamation lawsuit from Dominion
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:26 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Caruso has outspent Bass 12:1.
https://tinyurl.com/4xpttkbx

And you're wondering who bankrolled Bass's campaign? That's strange.

if he spent his own money who cares right? whats the old saying/ put your money where your mouth is. Who paid for hers? we know both have special interests backing them.

If money is given legally I really don't care where it comes from. I certainly don't have a problem with politicians spending their own. It didn't help Bloomberg and it probably wont help Caruso
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Every Republican official who testified yesterday about how they said NO to Trump when he tried to coerce them into his plot to steal the election has said THEY STILL SUPPORT HIM AND WOULD VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN IN 2024.

They were lauded as patriots and heroes for simply DOING THEIR JOB and yet, this is who they are. They would vote the lying, criminal, head-insurrectionist right back into the presidency.

This is why I say that ALL Republicans are BAD Republicans. You can't claim to be FOR Democracy then vote to turn it overturn it by installing authoritarian-fascist-Nazis into power.

Even Liz Cheney who is doing admirable work on the committee refused to support voting rights and civil rights and will no doubt continue to vote in lock step with Republicans on every other issue (repealing abortion, killing social security and medicare, etc etc)
Steve
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:25 pm    Post subject:

Any mention of Ashli Babbitt at the hearing? A women was killed at point blank range and no one was prosecuted. She served in the military and was a small business owner. Very sad.

What has Rick Caruso done wrong? This thread is filled with hatred.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Steve wrote:
Any mention of Ashli Babbitt at the hearing? A women was killed at point blank range and no one was prosecuted. She served in the military and was a small business owner. Very sad.

By sad, do yiu mean glad that a domestic terrorist was put down like the unAmerican dog she was? She (bleep) with Uncle Sam and got what she came for.

But you knew this.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Steve
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:38 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Steve wrote:

By sad, do yiu mean glad that a domestic terrorist was put down like the unAmerican dog she was? She (bleep) with Uncle Sam and got what she came for.

But you knew this.
Calling a veteran unAmerican is disrespectful even if she did trespass a federal building and was killed for it. Calling a woman a dog...wow!
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:50 pm    Post subject:

Steve wrote:

No one was prosecuted.. who was responsible for her death? I would prosecute Trump and the people who organized an assault on Democracy and the USA.

Mental Illness deniers and defunders are who need prosecuted!

How about you "Steve", who needs prosecuted?

Steve, do you think Eugene Goodman is a hero or a bad guy?

Ashli Babbit having owned a business means nothing
Ashli Babbit having served in the military means nothing

She sought to overthrow the US Government and VIOLENTLY showed that

Did she speak english is the most important thing I want to know about her oh wait.. and could she HEAR English?

She proved she could listen to Trump, didn't she.. but she couldn't listen to the authorities telling her they were going to fire their weapons.. like they should have long long long earlier..

TRUMP KILLED any person who died because of this Insurrection ..

"And I'll BE THERE WITH YOU!" It is Very Sad Trump wasn't with Ashli like he said he would be
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Steve wrote:

Since Trump planned the Jan. 6th "rally" where he called for his supporters to show up, lied to them, whipped them into an angry frenzy then pointed them at the Capitol -- it's his fault she's dead. How about we prosecute him? Works for me.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Steve wrote:
Any mention of Ashli Babbitt at the hearing? A women was killed at point blank range and no one was prosecuted.

She was justifiably shot by an officer defending the Capitol Chamber and the lives of the people who work there as was she attempting to violently breach security, and was doing so backed with an armed mob with the expressed intent of harming the inhabitants of that chamber, she was the aggressor and has no one to blame for her death than herself and the sorry excuse for a President who encouraged and emboldened her to take traitorous action. There was nothing to prosecute.

Quote:
She served in the military and was a small business owner.

Neither of which negate the culpability she has for her criminally dangerous attack on the Capitol chamber..

Quote:
Very sad.

You mean your pathetic attempt at trolling?

Quote:
What has Rick Caruso done wrong?

Caruso is a billionaire commercial real estate developer who has made his wealth displacing small business owners—you know, like just Babbit, who you praised for being one. He's a lifelong, Trump voting, republican who changed party affiliation in order to con voters. He's the epitome of special interest: his own financial. He has seized on the concerns to manipulate them in order to get elected, so he can exploit the position to further his business interests. His claims of being simply about fighting crime (with no concrete plan to do that) and solve homelessness (with no concrete, feasible plan for that either) are simply a ruse.

Quote:
This thread is filled with hatred.

No, just facts and common sense assessments of those facts. That's not "hatred", though there is a very justified contempt for your blatant disingenuous.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:11 pm    Post subject:

I eliminated the quote tree. It was taking up to much page space.

Halflife wrote:
Quote:
Look at us. Unfortunately, this type of dialogue/disagreement has disappeared in society. Bass will probably win and she at least is more fiscally responsible than her cronie in Sacramento so that alone gives me hope.

If she becomes Mayor I hope you're right.

jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject:

Steve wrote:
C M B wrote:
Steve wrote:

But you knew this.
Calling a veteran unAmerican is disrespectful even if she did trespass a federal building and was killed for it. Calling a woman a dog...wow!

Being a veteran doesn't give someone special privileges like oh, you know, an insurrection? Lemme guess...GUNS, GOD, COUNTRY, FREEDOM! Foh with the bootlicking bs.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Timothy McVie was a veteran IIRC.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Steve wrote:
C M B wrote:
Steve wrote:

But you knew this.

So military experience precludes terrorism, in your mind? I didn't mean to call her a dog. Most dogs are worth more than that. Scum, rat, schifooza, bullet sponge...more apt terms.

BTW almost every southron who took behind the confederate flag against the United States could be called a veteran. The word does not indicate valor and honor like you want it to. And unfortunately, the USA was unable to show all of them the bayonet, like we did your girl Babbitt. Piss on her ashes. Piss on you, for gaslighting god knows how many people like you're trying to do here...

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3311, 3312, 3313 ... 3671, 3672, 3673  Next
Page 3312 of 3673
Jump to: