THE Political Thread (ALL Political Discussion Here - See Rules, P. 1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3747, 3748, 3749 ... 3781, 3782, 3783  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Murdock wrote:
I have to admit here I am a little confused... perhaps CL or DMR can clarify these remarks to me...

Quote:

Pelosi: "Time is running short" for Biden to decide on re-election bid

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Wednesday that "we're all encouraging" President Biden to make a final decision on whether he will continue his re-election bid.

https://www.axios.com/2024/07/10/nancy-pelosi-biden-2024-run

I was under the impression that President Biden had already made this decision, and is staying in and running, but Pelosi is implying that he hasn't decided yet?!?

What is happening here, I feel like I'm being gaslit here..

He has, and he has been steadfastly adamant about it. He's never even hinted that he is still deciding, this is just Pelosi pushing an agenda (and a very dangerous one at that) that she and some other Dems won't let go of. And to be honest, they represent a bigger threat to enabling a Trump victory than Biden does. This is a time for unity, and I have lost a great deal of respect for Pelosi because she knows what's up, but she's simply pandering to a group of voters for her own agrandizement.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:52 pm    Post subject:

More on George Clowney's . . . excuse me Clooney's Biden comments:

PRESIDENT BIDEN
CLOONEY MADE FUNDRAISER ALL ABOUT HIM
... Says Campaign Source

The gloves are off between George Clooney and President Biden -- folks involved with the campaign are firing back at Clooney over the Hollywood fundraiser the actor co-hosted ... saying he was anything but accommodating to POTUS.

As you know, Clooney fired the first shot with his NYT op-ed Wednesday, saying Biden can't win the election and called for him to drop out of the race.

. . .

Now ... a source connected to the Biden campaign, who is deeply familiar with the planning that went into the Hollywood fundraiser, is dismissing Clooney's critique and pointing the finger squarely at him.

We're told the event took months to plan, and during that process, Clooney left the Biden campaign with only one possible date it could be held ... June 15. The Biden campaign made it abundantly clear that date was not ideal, because Biden would be attending the G7 Summit in Italy on the 14th, but we're told Clooney wouldn't budge.

Of course, team Biden didn't want to miss out on the opportunity to have a fundraiser headlined by Clooney, so they agreed. As a result, Biden had to make a 13-hour flight from Italy to L.A. on the same day as the event.

. . .

As for Clooney's claim Biden wasn't the same person he was used to seeing ... we're told the President's grueling travel -- to meet Clooney's demand -- might have something to do with that.

D.L. HUGHLEY
RIPS CLOONEY AND OTHERS AS COWARDS FOR TURNING ON BIDEN

D.L. Hughley is going scorched earth on George Clooney for calling on President Biden to drop out of the presidential race ... and he says Democrats are missing the big picture.

D.L. says the whole tone of George's NYT op-ed letter calling on Biden to step down is "insulting" ... and he finds it alarming Clooney never mentioned Project 2025, a series of proposals D.L. warns will do serious damage to Americans, especially minorities.

A defiant D.L. says it's ridiculous folks are making such a big deal about Biden's qualifications for president when Trump is now a convicted felon who owes a ton of money to a woman he was found to have raped.

D.L. says Biden's got an easier path to victory as an incumbent and even if he can't survive another 4 years, as George Stephanopoulos believes, Democrats have a capable replacement in Kamala Harris as VP.

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:55 pm    Post subject:

There are a lot more polls in. I don't trust polls between Trump & non-Biden/Harris candidates because name recognition makes a big difference, but for the most part Biden is outpacing Harris. Might as well just stick by Biden since you're not getting your fever dream ticket of Gretmer/Buttigieg or whatever. Biden's path to winning is clear anyway (Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania)
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:58 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Murdock wrote:
I have to admit here I am a little confused... perhaps CL or DMR can clarify these remarks to me...

Quote:

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Wednesday that "we're all encouraging" President Biden to make a final decision on whether he will continue his re-election bid.

I was under the impression that President Biden had already made this decision, and is staying in and running, but Pelosi is implying that he hasn't decided yet?!?

He has, and he has been steadfastly adamant about it. He's never even hinted that he is still deciding, this is just Pelosi pushing an agenda (and a very dangerous one at that) that she and some other Dems won't let go of. And to be honest, they represent a bigger threat to enabling a Trump victory than Biden does. This is a time for unity, and I have lost a great deal of respect for Pelosi because she knows what's up, but she's simply pandering to a group of voters for her own agrandizement.

These comments from Pelosi made me do a double take, and made her sound like she was the one having some cognative issues or is doing some serious gaslighting..
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:58 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
For what it's worth (maybe not much right now, given the news), the polls appear to have stopped moving against Biden. If it was Election Day, with R+2 nationally R+3 in PA, Biden would be a normal polling miss away from winning the Electoral College projects.

https://x.com/gelliottmorris/status/1811117927858348193?t=IUDKebPU60zzolCRYklWqw&s=19
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:03 pm    Post subject:

It's kind of the flip side of how Trump can do anything and barely see any slippage in the polls. Things are already so polarized and a lot of this stuff is already baked in. People already knew Biden was old. The kind of people freaking out are mostly the educated class who are probably gonna vote for Biden anyway, but they'd convinced themselves he wouldn't be so bad in the debate.

I think even most swing voters who are leaning Biden knew Biden is old as (bleep) and just despise Trump more. Obviously there are people who did change their minds as the polls have dropped, but it's not like he was ever gonna poll -8 against Trump. Too many people despise Trump.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:16 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
For what it's worth (maybe not much right now, given the news), the polls appear to have stopped moving against Biden. If it was Election Day, with R+2 nationally R+3 in PA, Biden would be a normal polling miss away from winning the Electoral College projects.

https://x.com/gelliottmorris/status/1811117927858348193?t=IUDKebPU60zzolCRYklWqw&s=19

against a convicted felon, racist who loathes america.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Murdock wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Murdock wrote:

Quote:

These comments from Pelosi made me do a double take, and made her sound like she was the one having some cognative issues or is doing some serious gaslighting..

They misquoted her and left out the full context of her remarks. She went on Morning Joe and slammed the media for trying to spin her words into something they weren't.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:36 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Even if that is true, that's not a "historic landslide." So I clicked on the article and I see it's Gabriel Sherman, and I'm not surprised. The same sources he's using called the 2016 election a landslide. It's stupid hyperbole by a glorified tabloid journalist.

And it's not like Trump's side WOULD LIE ABOUT AN ELECTION OR ANYTHING. I wouldn't believe the Trump side was telling the truth even if they told me the sky was blue.

Trump is still telling the BIG LIE that Biden stole the 2020 election and that Trump won in a landslide.

I can't believe people still get taken in by these hucksters and their media mouthpieces.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Stacey Abrams @staceyabrams

It’s time to stop the Joe Biden doom loop.

President @JoeBiden has the integrity, moral character and record needed to beat Donald Trump in November.

Read my piece for @ajc

Atlanta Journal Constitution - Stacey Abrams: Biden is still best bet against Trump

Quote:
By Stacey Abrams

Voters have been treated to a post-debate drama that has almost exclusively focused on performance versus principle. Good people stumble. Liars lie. In the face of the latter, we have become myopically fascinated because, for some, soothing anxiety seems easier than confronting the slow-motion death of democracy.

Let’s be clear: The wishful benefits of a contested convention or a late-stage exit are vastly outweighed by the potential harm. President Joe Biden has the integrity, moral character and record needed to beat Donald Trump in November. Our path to victory lies in standing by Biden and understanding the high stakes of this election.

The anti-Biden doom loop feels loud right now, but it is largely a phenomenon among those who obsessively follow the news or want to make the news. Most of the voters Biden has won and needs to win again already know his foibles — and they aren’t turning in droves to say, “I’m now voting for the bombastic fascistic liar.”

Former President Donald Trump has made clear his plans to be a “Dictator on Day 1,” and has openly called for the termination of our Constitution, threatening the very foundation of our democracy. His return to power would deepen this threat, normalizing behavior that undermines our democratic institutions. He is a self-serving felon whose dictatorial tendencies presage a glide path to authoritarianism.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:08 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Murdock wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Murdock wrote:

Quote:

They misquoted her and left out the full context of her remarks. She went on Morning Joe and slammed the media for trying to spin her words into something they weren't.

Listen to her entire quote. She praised him to the highest. They left that out. Draw you own conclusion from the entire quote, not the snippet.

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:09 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Murdock wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Murdock wrote:

Quote:

Sounds like she may have softened her stance, but she was very clear about stating he should step down last week.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Eva McKend @evamckend (CNN politics correspondent covering the election)

🧵🧵🧵I spent the day at the AKA convention in Dallas where VP Harris spoke and I am still hard pressed to find a Black voter who thinks it’s a good idea to push President Biden off the ticket even people who are mega fans of Harris. I am just not hearing this from Black voters.·

First up is Dennisa Thomas.

She's a 31-year-old systems engineer from Kansas City, Missouri.

She told me she trusts VP Kamala Harris' judgement and is following Harris' lead in continuing to support the Democratic ticket as it currently stands.

Jill Nickerson is a 61-year-old retired school counselor in Wynne, Arkansas.

She continues to support the Biden/Harris ticket. She's sympathetic about Biden's debate performance, "If every time I didn't do my job the right way, I got fired or chewed out, I wouldn't have a job."

Chinella Webb is a 57-year-old MRI tech in Birmingham.

She dismissed the calls for Biden to step aside as "chatter" but added if Harris is tapped for the top of the ticket, she "is the perfect candidate to do whatever needs to be done."

"We are standing behind our president."

New York writer Ginger McKnight-Chavers told us, "It could be a cardboard cut out."

She didn't care, as long as the Democratic candidate could beat Trump.

Link to thread with videos - she is still adding interviews to the thread
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:28 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Sheila Jackson Lee @SJacksonLee
·
Keep fighting, @JoeBiden, we have your back! In my district, with every call and every request, you have been there! Over and over, you have proven that you are the right person for this job. It is time for everyone to unite and beat Trump and his Project 2025! Enough is enough!
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Yes, even MSNBC is in on the anti-Biden propaganda. Here is how they highlight a partial quote to strip it of all context to mean the opposite of what was said. Here was an MSNBC tweet from earlier today. And the Readers added the full quote and context.

Quote:
MSNBC @MSNBC

MOMENTS AGO: Dem Sen. Blumenthal: "I am deeply concerned" about President Biden.

Quote:
Readers added context they thought people might want to know
This quote is misrepresenting the senators point and missing important context.

In the full quote, seen in the video, Sen Blumenthal says “I am deeply concerned about Joe Biden winning this election because it is an existential threat to the country if Donald Trump wins.

And that's how they mislead people and CREATE the news rather than REPORTING the news.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
AFL-CIO ✊ @AFLCIO

The AFL-CIO Executive Council unanimously voted today to reaffirm its commitment to re-electing President Biden and VP Harris. Unions have never wavered in our support of them because they’ve never wavered in their commitment to working people.

Read our full statement here:
https://aflcio.org/press/releases/afl-cio-leadership-unanimously-reaffirms-commitment-re-electing-president-biden-and
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Here is a long detailed thread from a Michigan county election official explaining how the mechanics and logistics of running an organized election that people would have confidence in is almost impossible if we try to switch candidates at this late date. It would create chaos that Trump and Republicans would surely take advantage of to challenge the results.

Quote:
BarbByrum @BarbByrum

Hi there! 👋 Ingham County Clerk Barb Byrum, here. To all of those calling for a change of candidacy in the Presidential Race, please note that the election administration community is going to have some serious issues with that. 🧵

link to thread
Murdock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:18 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Here is a long detailed thread from a Michigan county election official explaining how the mechanics and logistics of running an organized election that people would have confidence in is almost impossible if we try to switch candidates at this late date. It would create chaos that Trump and Republicans would surely take advantage of to challenge the results.

Quote:
BarbByrum @BarbByrum

Hi there! 👋 Ingham County Clerk Barb Byrum, here. To all of those calling for a change of candidacy in the Presidential Race, please note that the election administration community is going to have some serious issues with that. 🧵

link to thread

Exactly, the GOP/Trump's lawyers have already got a mountain of lawsuits that they're going to file the moment if/when President Biden steps down.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Murdock wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
BarbByrum @BarbByrum

link to thread

Exactly, the GOP/Trump's lawyers have already got a mountain of lawsuits that they're going to file the moment if/when President Biden steps down.

Yes, and they would also challenge results AFTER the election stemming from a potentially chaotic voting process. They would challenge individual ballots, try to have ballots thrown out, allege cheating. All the stuff they tried last time when everything actually ran smoothly. If we switch candidates, the process will be anything but smooth, even in Blue states. They would try to throw the election back to the House to overrule the will of the people. Like they were trying to do on 1/6.

But I'm sure George Clooney sipping wine at his Italian villa has gamed this all out and surely can just snap his privileged fingers and make these inconvenient facts disappear. Poof.

All these actors, celebs, pundits and politicians who hopped on the anti-Biden train are dead to me. Forever.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:43 pm    Post subject:

I suggest ignoring the polls. But if people are going to post "negative" polls, I'm going to post "positive" polls to level the emotional playing field. All we really know is that the race is close and we need to work like hell to get Biden re-elected.

Quote:
Political Polls @PpollingNumbers

#New General Election Poll

🔵 Biden 47% (+1)
🔴 Trump 46%

Data for progress #C+ - 2067 LV - 7/3
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Greg Olear @gregolear

It seems significant that the three candidates the pundit class have most often proposed to usurp Biden—Kamala Harris, Gavin Newsom, and Whitmer—are unwavering in their support for him.

Quote:
Gretchen Whitmer @gretchenwhitmer
@JoeBiden is in it to win it and I’m damn proud to support him.

8:56 PM · Jul 10, 2024

She also appeared on CNN:

Quote:
Acyn @Acyn

Whitmer: I understand that some are playing fantasy football and want to just pick a couple of random leaders that they like across the country and design a ticket that's just not how this works…

link to video

Last edited by ChefLinda on Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:58 pm    Post subject:

Best quote I’ve seen summing up the self destructive Democrats committed to the Biden must be replaced contingent so Trump can win:

They think it will teach the DNC a "lesson".
That will play out in some imagined future election.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:05 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Best quote I’ve seen summing up the self destructive Democrats committed to the Biden must be replaced contingent so Trump can win:

They think it will teach the DNC a "lesson".
That will play out in some imagined future election.

Just like they taught Hillary a lesson and then the resulting right-wing Supreme Court repealed Roe, neutered government agencies and made Trump a king! But Susan Sarandon and her ilk really showed us! And those who repeat the mistake will be ending democracy for all of us. Ain't stupidity grand?
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
IBEW @IBEW

Joe Biden is more than just a friend to the IBEW, he is a sincere believer in the necessity of unions. He understands, as we do, that unions like the IBEW are in the public interest. And the IBEW understands who our real friends are.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:05 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Murdock wrote:

Quote:

She's a shrewd politician.
I have to assume she saw some rough internal polling.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3747, 3748, 3749 ... 3781, 3782, 3783  Next
Page 3748 of 3783
Jump to: