OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 207, 208, 209 ... 241, 242, 243  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:12 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Any happy words for our GM today?

Anyone who predicted this bank heist of Westbrook and some vending machines snacks for Hachi, Vanderbilt, Beasley, DLO and what looks at least like a sure-fire lock into the play-in round.....

Please stand up and take a bow. Be sure to show your receipts of your support the past few months...

Everyone else, the plate fulls of crow are being served in the parking lot, be sure to chew slowly, there may be some (bitter) bones you will have to grind up first.

I'll take my plate now sir as well.

We have made some really bad deals, as everyone one in LA knows. Rob also has made at least two good deals - the first helped get us a ring. Time will tell with the second deal. But if we keep the gang together, this could be a great team next year with a full season together.

WTF are you talking about? Almost Everybody loved the moves at the trade deadline. The complaints were for not doing it before training camp.

I don’t see crow being served anywhere as we haven’t won sh1t yet…Laker fans celebrate championships. They don’t point fingers at other fans and tell them to eat crow because the Lakers are now 9th in the standings. This new fan mentality does not align with the pedigree and historic greatness of the Lakers.

I’m very excited at what the future looks like…very optimistic…but I see too many fans pointing fingers prematurely like something has been accomplished. Hold your horses and let’s demand excellence be played out to the end.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:17 am    Post subject:

I've been reflecting recently. It's like this guy makes either AMAZING moves or disastrous moves with very little in-between. Tracking the roster decisions is basically like getting on a roller coaster.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 2:58 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
I've been reflecting recently. It's like this guy makes either AMAZING moves or disastrous moves with very little in-between. Tracking the roster decisions is basically like getting on a roller coaster.

Yea it’s tough man, consistently being just competent seems to be a struggle.

1-Should have kept TBryant especially finding out AD b2b load management

2-If didn’t want to keep TBryant (more likely the case vs he wanted more playing time smdh) should have signed a back up C after trade deadline

3-If didn’t want to sign another C then might as well kept DJones

4-If didn’t want DJones should have at least signed a C to a 10-day

5-If 1-4 wasn’t done before Bamba’s injury then adding a C darn sure should have been done afterwards

Hard to believe the GM would pass on all 5 points…just doesn’t make sense to roll with Gabe/Rui/Vande at C knowing AD will be held out of b2bs, especially with Mo’s injury and certainly with the timeframe for Mo’s return. Factor in the injury prone season and it is just mind boggling for a move to not have already been made.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

2-If didn’t want to keep TBryant (more likely the case vs he wanted more playing time smdh) should have signed a back up C after trade deadline

5-If 1-4 wasn’t done before Bamba’s injury then adding a C darn sure should have been done afterwards

Hard to believe the GM would pass on all 5 points…just doesn’t make sense to roll with Gabe/Rui/Vande at C knowing AD will be held out of b2bs, especially with Mo’s injury and certainly with the timeframe for Mo’s return. Factor in the injury prone season and it is just mind boggling for a move to not have already been made.

Gotta be tax related. Wonder how much adding a 15th player would cost.
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:30 pm    Post subject:

I don't think getting rid of Bryant is a big deal. AD/Bamba/Gabriel is sufficient depth at center, how many teams have more than three players capable of playing center on a roster? The Warriors have Looney/Draymond/Jamychal, Clippers have Zubac/Plumlee/Batum, Nuggets have Jokic/Bryant/Deandre, Kings have Sabonis/Lyles/Holmes, Suns have Ayton/Biyombo, etc.

Pelinka chose Bamba over Bryant but he wasn't going to keep both on the roster. He should definitely look into signing a center to a 10 day now that Bamba is out for an extended period.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Hats off to Pelinka. I didn't think he could salvage this team with the assets we had with Westbrook (I was a fan before he was a Laker).
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Why did you not sign a 10 day center knowing AD isn’t playing b2b’s? Really going to risk the season being cheap and overconfident when every win counts? I blame management on tonight’s loss
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:15 pm    Post subject:

Pelinka thought his job was done after the trade deadline.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Rob Pelinka

You have an extra spot on the team

Use it
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:26 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Why did you not sign a 10 day center knowing AD isn’t playing b2b’s? Really going to risk the season being cheap and overconfident when every win counts? I blame management on tonight’s loss

It's likely Jeanie not wanting to pay the luxury tax on additional salary.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Losers! @everyone. This could have tanked the season
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:41 pm    Post subject:

No idea how they know AD won't play back to backs and Bamba is out for a month but we don't sign a center with a 10 day for just this occasion.

Feels so stupid that I surely must be missing something
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:44 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:

Stop being right, me. I hate being right about this! Lol
srekal2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:51 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
No idea how they know AD won't play back to backs and Bamba is out for a month but we don't sign a center with a 10 day for just this occasion.

Feels so stupid that I surely must be missing something

This
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:09 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Rough calculation:
Vet-min 10yr = 2.7m
x rough pro-rating assuming signing around Mar 1 and 2 10-days = 20/174
x Lux tax multiplier = slightly more than 3.25, say 3.5
= $1.1 million
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:26 am    Post subject:

^ 1.1m?!? Holy cow man just do it! I do wonder if it’s Ham though. We are severely outsized and he refuses to play WG, Vando and Rui at the same time. Like ever! So maybe he thinks it’s not needed? It hurts.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:39 am    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:

Rough calculation:
Vet-min 10yr = 2.7m
= $1.1 million

Just to be clear, that's for two 10-day contracts, not for adding a 15th player to the roster.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:13 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:

I would hope that it’s tax related instead of incompetence. Whatever it cost financially, success wise it cost the Houston game and perhaps it will cost more. May even cost the ability to compete at the highest level. The 15th spot may not win a championship but perhaps it could win a game or two, perhaps even a quarter, all of which could lead to a title.

One game, or bad/good quarter could mean the difference in 6th/7th seed which of course determines if the Lakers avoid the playin.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:

Rough calculation:
Vet-min 10yr = 2.7m
= $1.1 million

Just to be clear, that's for two 10-day contracts, not for adding a 15th player to the roster.

Right. But really, just double it (say around $2m) to get the cost of the 15th player since we have roughly 40 days left in the season.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:27 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:

Rough calculation:
Vet-min 10yr = 2.7m
= $1.1 million

Right. But really, just double it (say around $2m) to get the cost of the 15th player since we have roughly 40 days left in the season.

V+ posted the math in one of these threads. It's actually closer to $1M. I thought that it would be more than that.
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:

Rough calculation:
Vet-min 10yr = 2.7m
= $1.1 million

V+ posted the math in one of these threads. It's actually closer to $1M. I thought that it would be more than that.

He's talking about 2 10-day contracts as well so his 1m number is basically the same as the rough calculation I showed here.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:39 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:

It's self fulfilling. The terrible moves set up the amazing moves. If we really went from Kuz, Caruso, KCP and Green to Russell, Vando, Rui and Austin, it wouldn't seem like such a big shift. In the meantime, we burned the last good years of LeBron, so it grades out poorly in the big picture.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:14 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ThePageDude wrote:

Rough calculation:
Vet-min 10yr = 2.7m
= $1.1 million

He's talking about 2 10-day contracts as well so his 1m number is basically the same as the rough calculation I showed here.

No, he's got both. Your number for the 2 10-day contracts was too high. He puts it at $900k. His $1.1M number is a RoS (rest of season) deal.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:27 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:

Rough calculation:
Vet-min 10yr = 2.7m
= $1.1 million

Interesting, here’s my calculation…if the Lakers beat Houston (which they likely do if a center had been signed) and OKC wins tonight then they are tied for the 7th seed with head to head games remaining against each of the other 3 teams (OKC/Dal/Minny) they are tied with. Additionally, the win would put the Lakers 1 game behind the GSW for the 6th seed and own the tie breaker against them. So…signing a center puts the Lakers in good position for the 6th, not signing a center has then in 10th position and 1/2 game from 12 in the standing.

Tied for 7th, 1 game out of 6th with tie breaker against that 6th seed or

10th, 1/2 from being tied for 12.
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:18 pm    Post subject:

Not signing a 10-day contract center is criminal as is letting Jay Huff go from South Bay when Mo Bamba went down.

Smells of penny pinching Buss family
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 207, 208, 209 ... 241, 242, 243  Next
Page 208 of 243
Jump to: