OFFICIAL ROB PELINKA THREAD.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 250, 251, 252, 253, 254  Next
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Jun 2009
Posts: 1204

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:22 pm    Post subject:

J.C. Smith wrote:


Jeanie is a big part of the problem, for sure.


Yes she is, considering she only hired him because he was Kobe’s agent.

She is the problem.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 May 2017
Posts: 3497

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:32 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:


Jeanie is a big part of the problem, for sure.


Yes she is, considering she only hired him because he was Kobe’s agent.

She is the problem.



She the problem not for hiring Palinka BUT she not reallly leting Rob have total control..meaning Klutch and LBJ can just skip Rob authority and go right to her to get what they want and thats a problem.

Her MAJOR mistake was not letting Jerry West be the GM when he offered his help. LBKANG and Klutch wouldnt dare try to stiff arm West..he would have closed that door and cussed the living H$$$ out of them and basically wouldnt have cared and they would have known where they stood off top ie stay in your lane.


Jenny listens to fans and Klutch and Linda and LBJ and Rambo...man please Rob got no power and has to please so many boses..aint no way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 22132

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2024 8:39 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:


Jeanie is a big part of the problem, for sure.


Yes she is, considering she only hired him because he was Kobe’s agent.

She is the problem.


She’s a copycat owner. She saw GSW hire an agent and have tremendous success so she hired an agent.

She saw GSW hire a TV analyst as coach and have tremendous success, so she hired a TV analyst.

The problem is, GSW interviewed and considered many different types of candidates. They hired the BEST candidates, and they HAPPENED to be an agent and a TV analyst. Jeanie wasn’t looking for the best candidate, she was looking for an agent and a TV analyst.


The only factor that is really sad is that Kobe was probably going to be involved in the team building, whether it be just a couple phone calls or a dinner, whatever. It’s not unlikely Kobe was going to own a significant piece of this team eventually.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 4286

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2024 11:40 pm    Post subject:

i'm surprised rob even knows what the apron is, lol

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40511316/lebron-helps-lakers-cap-signing-max-deal

"We're now in the apron world," Pelinka said. "We've seen contending teams or championship-level teams have to lose players. That's a result of the apron world we're living in. So, does it make trades more challenging? Yes. Does it make good trades impossible? No. So we'll continue to pursue upgrades to our roster."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2014
Posts: 1852

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:25 pm    Post subject:

What a freakin resume 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Terrible decisions Rob Pelinka has made since LeBron James chose to sign with the Lakers:

- A very public and failed pursuit of Dan Hurley

- Missing on Tyronn Lue because he didn’t offer a 4th year on his contract

- Failure to trade for Kyrie Irving at the trade deadline

- Failure to land Kawhi Leonard in free agency, who then signed with the Clippers

- In 2018-2019 Pelinka surrounded the best player in the world (who had just dragged the Cavs to the NBA Finals) with a young Lonzo Ball (who had arguably the worst jump shot in the league), a young Brandon Ingram (who was a 67% free throw shooter at that time). And also signed a bunch misfits such as Lance Stephenson, Michael Beasley, and a washed Tyson Chandler.

- Couldn’t land Jimmy Butler in the same free agency as Kawhi

- Chose Horton-Tucker over Alex Caruso in free agency, who was then later traded for Patrick Beverley

- Drafted Jalen Hood-Schifino

- Fired a championship coach in Frank Vogel

- Promised Andre Drummond that he’d start, then didn’t start him

- Let Malik Monk walk in free agency for nothing

- Let Rajon Rondo go, then signed him back 2 seasons later when he was significantly worse

- Let Dwight Howard go, then signed him back a season later when he was significantly worse

- Traded championship Center JaVale McGee to make room for the corpse of Marc Gasol

- Offered Dennis Schroder (the same player that went scoreless in an elimination against the Suns in 2021) $84 million

- Traded key championship pieces for Russell Westbrook who was taking up $48 million in cap space

- Chose Westbrook over DeMar DeRozan in free agency

- Signed a washed Carmelo Anthony who didn’t move the needle when it came to winning

- Signed Isiah Thomas to multiple 10-day contracts for no apparent reason

- Hired Darvin Ham, who lost the locker room

- Put together a team in 2022-2023 with practically no three-point shooting outside of Wayne Ellington and Melo.

- Signing Kent Bazemore and Trevor Ariza as rotation guys, who were unplayable

- Failed to trade D’Angelo Russell who has consistently shown he can’t show up in the playoffs and has one of the most tradeable contracts in the league

- Traded Danny Green and a first-round pick for Dennis Schroder, who left as a free agent

- Traded Ivica Zubac to the Clippers for basically nothing leading to Jerry West mocking the franchise

- Trading the 28th pick in 2020, that ended up as Jaden McDaniels

- Failure to pull the trigger on a deal for Myles Turner and Buddy Hield

- Didn’t make a move at the latest trade deadline because he wanted to have three first-round picks to use in a substantial deal this offseason, then proceeded to do nothing this offseason

- Failing to sign Klay Thompson in this free agency

- Failing to sign Jonas Valenciunas (who signed for less than your annual MLE amount)

- Made no attempt whatsoever to sign James Harden this offseason

- Gave unproven Max Christie $32 million

- Gave Maxwell Lewis a 4-year guaranteed money contract for no apparent reason

- Signed Bronny James to a 4-year guaranteed money deal

- Gave player options to D’Angelo Russell, Jaxson Hayes, Cam Reddish and Christian Wood, all whom picked up their option (for the league minimum by the way outside of DLo), handicapping your entire roster flexibility

- Failure to sign Buddy Hield this offseason, who was your former client when you were an agent

- Failure to sign Terry Stotts to your coaching staff three times

- Taking so long to build a coaching staff around J.J Redick that J.J doesn’t have the time to coach Summer League

Before you say he signed Anthony Davis which ultimately led to a championship, please remember this was the most obvious and necessary move in recent modern NBA history, with already having LeBron and Davis forcing his move to the Lakers as the only suitor he’d sign an extension with.

And before you say he signed LeBron, LeBron CHOSE to sign with the Lakers after months of speculation, and reports he was leaning there. The biggest influence in him landing in LA was actually Magic Johnson, not Pelinka.

So there you have it folks. This is what happens when you have personal, not professional relationships in your front office - accountability goes out the window. Does this look like someone that’s maximized the duo of LeBron and AD?

Via: twitter.com/DamienPetersNBA
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 4286

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:53 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
What a freakin resume 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Terrible decisions Rob Pelinka has made since LeBron James chose to sign with the Lakers:

- A very public and failed pursuit of Dan Hurley

- Missing on Tyronn Lue because he didn’t offer a 4th year on his contract

- Failure to trade for Kyrie Irving at the trade deadline

- Failure to land Kawhi Leonard in free agency, who then signed with the Clippers

- In 2018-2019 Pelinka surrounded the best player in the world (who had just dragged the Cavs to the NBA Finals) with a young Lonzo Ball (who had arguably the worst jump shot in the league), a young Brandon Ingram (who was a 67% free throw shooter at that time). And also signed a bunch misfits such as Lance Stephenson, Michael Beasley, and a washed Tyson Chandler.

- Couldn’t land Jimmy Butler in the same free agency as Kawhi

- Chose Horton-Tucker over Alex Caruso in free agency, who was then later traded for Patrick Beverley

- Drafted Jalen Hood-Schifino

- Fired a championship coach in Frank Vogel

- Promised Andre Drummond that he’d start, then didn’t start him

- Let Malik Monk walk in free agency for nothing

- Let Rajon Rondo go, then signed him back 2 seasons later when he was significantly worse

- Let Dwight Howard go, then signed him back a season later when he was significantly worse

- Traded championship Center JaVale McGee to make room for the corpse of Marc Gasol

- Offered Dennis Schroder (the same player that went scoreless in an elimination against the Suns in 2021) $84 million

- Traded key championship pieces for Russell Westbrook who was taking up $48 million in cap space

- Chose Westbrook over DeMar DeRozan in free agency

- Signed a washed Carmelo Anthony who didn’t move the needle when it came to winning

- Signed Isiah Thomas to multiple 10-day contracts for no apparent reason

- Hired Darvin Ham, who lost the locker room

- Put together a team in 2022-2023 with practically no three-point shooting outside of Wayne Ellington and Melo.

- Signing Kent Bazemore and Trevor Ariza as rotation guys, who were unplayable

- Failed to trade D’Angelo Russell who has consistently shown he can’t show up in the playoffs and has one of the most tradeable contracts in the league

- Traded Danny Green and a first-round pick for Dennis Schroder, who left as a free agent

- Traded Ivica Zubac to the Clippers for basically nothing leading to Jerry West mocking the franchise

- Trading the 28th pick in 2020, that ended up as Jaden McDaniels

- Failure to pull the trigger on a deal for Myles Turner and Buddy Hield

- Didn’t make a move at the latest trade deadline because he wanted to have three first-round picks to use in a substantial deal this offseason, then proceeded to do nothing this offseason

- Failing to sign Klay Thompson in this free agency

- Failing to sign Jonas Valenciunas (who signed for less than your annual MLE amount)

- Made no attempt whatsoever to sign James Harden this offseason

- Gave unproven Max Christie $32 million

- Gave Maxwell Lewis a 4-year guaranteed money contract for no apparent reason

- Signed Bronny James to a 4-year guaranteed money deal

- Gave player options to D’Angelo Russell, Jaxson Hayes, Cam Reddish and Christian Wood, all whom picked up their option (for the league minimum by the way outside of DLo), handicapping your entire roster flexibility

- Failure to sign Buddy Hield this offseason, who was your former client when you were an agent

- Failure to sign Terry Stotts to your coaching staff three times

- Taking so long to build a coaching staff around J.J Redick that J.J doesn’t have the time to coach Summer League

Before you say he signed Anthony Davis which ultimately led to a championship, please remember this was the most obvious and necessary move in recent modern NBA history, with already having LeBron and Davis forcing his move to the Lakers as the only suitor he’d sign an extension with.

And before you say he signed LeBron, LeBron CHOSE to sign with the Lakers after months of speculation, and reports he was leaning there. The biggest influence in him landing in LA was actually Magic Johnson, not Pelinka.

So there you have it folks. This is what happens when you have personal, not professional relationships in your front office - accountability goes out the window. Does this look like someone that’s maximized the duo of LeBron and AD?

Via: twitter.com/DamienPetersNBA


wow, that dude is getting a follow from me, lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 54939

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:05 pm    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
What a freakin resume 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Terrible decisions Rob Pelinka has made since LeBron James chose to sign with the Lakers:


*snip*

Some of these are incorrect or misleading but most of this is accurate and more than enough to earn a dismissal.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 25 May 2016
Posts: 510

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:40 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
What a freakin resume 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Terrible decisions Rob Pelinka has made since LeBron James chose to sign with the Lakers:


*snip*

Some of these are incorrect or misleading but most of this is accurate and more than enough to earn a dismissal.


Close to half of them are either incorrect or not his fault. ex: Lue deal is not on Pelinka. It's documented that it was on Rambiis & Jeanie. Rondo left for more $, so no its not on him either. Malik Monk was signed to a min. then left for full MLE which we didn't have. Marc Gasol was a good move and was better than Macgee. Letting Howard go wasn't. Dan Huerly, Leonard???
ridiculous.

You can't blame them for not signing every FA you like on the market.
Nailing to sign on every FA, coach that you persue shouldn't be a standard for successful gm or any gm. Nailing a right one or a wrong one should be deciding factor.

Although Rob shouldn't be a sole scapegoat, Westbrook trade alone should be enough to fire him along with anyone and everyone who were involved in any capacity. Letting Caruso walk for nothing due to Lux. tax is more of a Jenny issue, but choosing THT over Caruso is sickening malpractice of FO.
Drafting JHS over Pod, JJJ, Cam hurts.

Cleaning the biggest mistake of this franchise in its history by trading Westbrook for Dlo, Vando, Beasly was fantastic make up move. Trading Hachimura was a good move. Overpaying Rui after unsustainable playoff run wasn't. Extending Vando prematurely to an overpay contract resembles signing of RFA Max Christie who hasn't proved anything in meaningful min.(whether it was unfair treatment by Ham or not) to a ridiculous 32/4y(PO on 4th) when no one was competing for his service.

So yes.
He has got to go but we already what Jeanie buss, the root of these Leadership problem, will do.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
zambia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 1338

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:28 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
george w kush wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:


Jeanie is a big part of the problem, for sure.


Yes she is, considering she only hired him because he was Kobe’s agent.

She is the problem.



She the problem not for hiring Palinka BUT she not reallly leting Rob have total control..meaning Klutch and LBJ can just skip Rob authority and go right to her to get what they want and thats a problem.

Her MAJOR mistake was not letting Jerry West be the GM when he offered his help. LBKANG and Klutch wouldnt dare try to stiff arm West..he would have closed that door and cussed the living H$$$ out of them and basically wouldnt have cared and they would have known where they stood off top ie stay in your lane.


Jenny listens to fans and Klutch and Linda and LBJ and Rambo...man please Rob got no power and has to please so many boses..aint no way.


Stop making excuses for Rob.

He’s not well liked by his peers. When it comes to trades, Jeanie should have owner to owner conversations. I think that might help Rob during trade negotiations
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 May 2017
Posts: 3497

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:39 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
george w kush wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:


Jeanie is a big part of the problem, for sure.


Yes she is, considering she only hired him because he was Kobe’s agent.

She is the problem.



She the problem not for hiring Palinka BUT she not reallly leting Rob have total control..meaning Klutch and LBJ can just skip Rob authority and go right to her to get what they want and thats a problem.

Her MAJOR mistake was not letting Jerry West be the GM when he offered his help. LBKANG and Klutch wouldnt dare try to stiff arm West..he would have closed that door and cussed the living H$$$ out of them and basically wouldnt have cared and they would have known where they stood off top ie stay in your lane.


Jenny listens to fans and Klutch and Linda and LBJ and Rambo...man please Rob got no power and has to please so many boses..aint no way.


Stop making excuses for Rob.

He’s not well liked by his peers. When it comes to trades, Jeanie should have owner to owner conversations. I think that might help Rob during trade negotiations


Man please stop that old garbage excuse news..thats not it.

One: FAs... what players really want to come over here to a Toxic Fanbase and a team who has no direction they want to go?

Two Jeanie is his BOSS what she says goes.

Three: Jeanie is a bad boss that listens to players and her close knit friends

Four: You want Jeanie to say what? "Give us this player! Because we tha LAKERSSSSS!"....she dont know the basketball side of stats and fit of a team....pfft LOL!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
zambia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 1338

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:54 pm    Post subject:

JJin77 wrote:
ocho wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
What a freakin resume 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Terrible decisions Rob Pelinka has made since LeBron James chose to sign with the Lakers:


*snip*

Some of these are incorrect or misleading but most of this is accurate and more than enough to earn a dismissal.


Close to half of them are either incorrect or not his fault. ex: Lue deal is not on Pelinka. It's documented that it was on Rambiis & Jeanie. Rondo left for more $, so no its not on him either. Malik Monk was signed to a min. then left for full MLE which we didn't have. Marc Gasol was a good move and was better than Macgee. Letting Howard go wasn't. Dan Huerly, Leonard???
ridiculous.

You can't blame them for not signing every FA you like on the market.
Nailing to sign on every FA, coach that you persue shouldn't be a standard for successful gm or any gm. Nailing a right one or a wrong one should be deciding factor.

Although Rob shouldn't be a sole scapegoat, Westbrook trade alone should be enough to fire him along with anyone and everyone who were involved in any capacity. Letting Caruso walk for nothing due to Lux. tax is more of a Jenny issue, but choosing THT over Caruso is sickening malpractice of FO.
Drafting JHS over Pod, JJJ, Cam hurts.

Cleaning the biggest mistake of this franchise in its history by trading Westbrook for Dlo, Vando, Beasly was fantastic make up move. Trading Hachimura was a good move. Overpaying Rui after unsustainable playoff run wasn't. Extending Vando prematurely to an overpay contract resembles signing of RFA Max Christie who hasn't proved anything in meaningful min.(whether it was unfair treatment by Ham or not) to a ridiculous 32/4y(PO on 4th) when no one was competing for his service.

So yes.
He has got to go but we already what Jeanie buss, the root of these Leadership problem, will do.


Rob traded a 47 million expiring contract and 1st round pick for 3 expiring contracts. The pick is basically unprotected.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
zambia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 1338

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 7:59 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
zambia wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
george w kush wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:


Jeanie is a big part of the problem, for sure.


Yes she is, considering she only hired him because he was Kobe’s agent.

She is the problem.



She the problem not for hiring Palinka BUT she not reallly leting Rob have total control..meaning Klutch and LBJ can just skip Rob authority and go right to her to get what they want and thats a problem.

Her MAJOR mistake was not letting Jerry West be the GM when he offered his help. LBKANG and Klutch wouldnt dare try to stiff arm West..he would have closed that door and cussed the living H$$$ out of them and basically wouldnt have cared and they would have known where they stood off top ie stay in your lane.


Jenny listens to fans and Klutch and Linda and LBJ and Rambo...man please Rob got no power and has to please so many boses..aint no way.


Stop making excuses for Rob.

He’s not well liked by his peers. When it comes to trades, Jeanie should have owner to owner conversations. I think that might help Rob during trade negotiations


Man please stop that old garbage excuse news..thats not it.

One: FAs... what players really want to come over here to a Toxic Fanbase and a team who has no direction they want to go?

Two Jeanie is his BOSS what she says goes.

Three: Jeanie is a bad boss that listens to players and her close knit friends

Four: You want Jeanie to say what? "Give us this player! Because we tha LAKERSSSSS!"....she dont know the basketball side of stats and fit of a team....pfft LOL!!!!


You feel Rob is a good trade negotiator?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 May 2017
Posts: 3497

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:05 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
JJin77 wrote:
ocho wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
What a freakin resume 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Terrible decisions Rob Pelinka has made since LeBron James chose to sign with the Lakers:


*snip*

Some of these are incorrect or misleading but most of this is accurate and more than enough to earn a dismissal.


Close to half of them are either incorrect or not his fault. ex: Lue deal is not on Pelinka. It's documented that it was on Rambiis & Jeanie. Rondo left for more $, so no its not on him either. Malik Monk was signed to a min. then left for full MLE which we didn't have. Marc Gasol was a good move and was better than Macgee. Letting Howard go wasn't. Dan Huerly, Leonard???
ridiculous.

You can't blame them for not signing every FA you like on the market.
Nailing to sign on every FA, coach that you persue shouldn't be a standard for successful gm or any gm. Nailing a right one or a wrong one should be deciding factor.

Although Rob shouldn't be a sole scapegoat, Westbrook trade alone should be enough to fire him along with anyone and everyone who were involved in any capacity. Letting Caruso walk for nothing due to Lux. tax is more of a Jenny issue, but choosing THT over Caruso is sickening malpractice of FO.
Drafting JHS over Pod, JJJ, Cam hurts.

Cleaning the biggest mistake of this franchise in its history by trading Westbrook for Dlo, Vando, Beasly was fantastic make up move. Trading Hachimura was a good move. Overpaying Rui after unsustainable playoff run wasn't. Extending Vando prematurely to an overpay contract resembles signing of RFA Max Christie who hasn't proved anything in meaningful min.(whether it was unfair treatment by Ham or not) to a ridiculous 32/4y(PO on 4th) when no one was competing for his service.

So yes.
He has got to go but we already what Jeanie buss, the root of these Leadership problem, will do.


Rob traded a 47 million expiring contract and 1st round pick for 3 expiring contracts. The pick is basically unprotected.


Rob got rid of one of the worst mistakes there was that resulted in a WCF....getting there happened with those players you now consider trade fodder...which goes back to one reason we cant get FAs to sign because alot now is Toxic Fans that have the Dallas Cowboys Mentality but WORSE,,smh.

Dead Al Davis could take notes from some fans that think trading players each year is going to result to something positive and if they cant trade them then fire the GM...welp let me stop before someone says im trolling..what some yawl need is a swif..nope nope ..yawl have it. fire GM and trade away everyone...smh.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 18492

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Can you have even a modicum of civility in your posts? Come on man, relax
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Day
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Posts: 1831
Location: San Francisco, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:09 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
zambia wrote:
JJin77 wrote:
ocho wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
What a freakin resume 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Terrible decisions Rob Pelinka has made since LeBron James chose to sign with the Lakers:


*snip*

Some of these are incorrect or misleading but most of this is accurate and more than enough to earn a dismissal.


Close to half of them are either incorrect or not his fault. ex: Lue deal is not on Pelinka. It's documented that it was on Rambiis & Jeanie. Rondo left for more $, so no its not on him either. Malik Monk was signed to a min. then left for full MLE which we didn't have. Marc Gasol was a good move and was better than Macgee. Letting Howard go wasn't. Dan Huerly, Leonard???
ridiculous.

You can't blame them for not signing every FA you like on the market.
Nailing to sign on every FA, coach that you persue shouldn't be a standard for successful gm or any gm. Nailing a right one or a wrong one should be deciding factor.

Although Rob shouldn't be a sole scapegoat, Westbrook trade alone should be enough to fire him along with anyone and everyone who were involved in any capacity. Letting Caruso walk for nothing due to Lux. tax is more of a Jenny issue, but choosing THT over Caruso is sickening malpractice of FO.
Drafting JHS over Pod, JJJ, Cam hurts.

Cleaning the biggest mistake of this franchise in its history by trading Westbrook for Dlo, Vando, Beasly was fantastic make up move. Trading Hachimura was a good move. Overpaying Rui after unsustainable playoff run wasn't. Extending Vando prematurely to an overpay contract resembles signing of RFA Max Christie who hasn't proved anything in meaningful min.(whether it was unfair treatment by Ham or not) to a ridiculous 32/4y(PO on 4th) when no one was competing for his service.

So yes.
He has got to go but we already what Jeanie buss, the root of these Leadership problem, will do.


Rob traded a 47 million expiring contract and 1st round pick for 3 expiring contracts. The pick is basically unprotected.


Rob got rid of one of the worst mistakes there was that resulted in a WCF....getting there happened with those players you now consider trade fodder...which goes back to one reason we cant get FAs to sign because alot now is Toxic Fans that have the Dallas Cowboys Mentality but WORSE,,smh.

Dead Al Davis could take notes from some fans that think trading players each year is going to result to something positive and if they cant trade them then fire the GM...welp let me stop before someone says im trolling..what some yawl need is a swif..nope nope ..yawl have it. fire GM and trade away everyone...smh.


I don't think players don't want to sign here because of the fans as much as because of the media/pressure that comes with it. I mean every day, even during an off season where we haven't made a single move, Lakers are featured on every main stream sports talk show. Players are thrown under the bus by the media and that affects their stocks a lot. It's a risk coming here because everything you do is magnified. If you play well you're going to get a bigger contract than if you played well on a bad team but if you play bad here you might just be outta the league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 May 2017
Posts: 3497

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
zambia wrote:
JJin77 wrote:
ocho wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
What a freakin resume 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Terrible decisions Rob Pelinka has made since LeBron James chose to sign with the Lakers:


*snip*

Some of these are incorrect or misleading but most of this is accurate and more than enough to earn a dismissal.


Close to half of them are either incorrect or not his fault. ex: Lue deal is not on Pelinka. It's documented that it was on Rambiis & Jeanie. Rondo left for more $, so no its not on him either. Malik Monk was signed to a min. then left for full MLE which we didn't have. Marc Gasol was a good move and was better than Macgee. Letting Howard go wasn't. Dan Huerly, Leonard???
ridiculous.

You can't blame them for not signing every FA you like on the market.
Nailing to sign on every FA, coach that you persue shouldn't be a standard for successful gm or any gm. Nailing a right one or a wrong one should be deciding factor.

Although Rob shouldn't be a sole scapegoat, Westbrook trade alone should be enough to fire him along with anyone and everyone who were involved in any capacity. Letting Caruso walk for nothing due to Lux. tax is more of a Jenny issue, but choosing THT over Caruso is sickening malpractice of FO.
Drafting JHS over Pod, JJJ, Cam hurts.

Cleaning the biggest mistake of this franchise in its history by trading Westbrook for Dlo, Vando, Beasly was fantastic make up move. Trading Hachimura was a good move. Overpaying Rui after unsustainable playoff run wasn't. Extending Vando prematurely to an overpay contract resembles signing of RFA Max Christie who hasn't proved anything in meaningful min.(whether it was unfair treatment by Ham or not) to a ridiculous 32/4y(PO on 4th) when no one was competing for his service.

So yes.
He has got to go but we already what Jeanie buss, the root of these Leadership problem, will do.


Rob traded a 47 million expiring contract and 1st round pick for 3 expiring contracts. The pick is basically unprotected.


Rob got rid of one of the worst mistakes there was that resulted in a WCF....getting there happened with those players you now consider trade fodder...which goes back to one reason we cant get FAs to sign because alot now is Toxic Fans that have the Dallas Cowboys Mentality but WORSE,,smh.

Dead Al Davis could take notes from some fans that think trading players each year is going to result to something positive and if they cant trade them then fire the GM...welp let me stop before someone says im trolling..what some yawl need is a swif..nope nope ..yawl have it. fire GM and trade away everyone...smh.


I don't think players don't want to sign here because of the fans as much as because of the media/pressure that comes with it. I mean every day, even during an off season where we haven't made a single move, Lakers are featured on every main stream sports talk show. Players are thrown under the bus by the media and that affects their stocks a lot. It's a risk coming here because everything you do is magnified. If you play well you're going to get a bigger contract than if you played well on a bad team but if you play bad here you might just be outta the league.


No we give death threats to the players and their family...Danny Green and Beasley anyone? Also i cant agree with you on us giving a player a Bigger Contract...remember Ariza..what happen to him? Please someone dont come in here and say Mitch waited for Ariza to call them back in FA..Mitch went right over there and got Metta while Ariza was looking in FA.

Shannon Brown ...We didnt up his money and he went over to PHX to never be heard from again.

Malik Monk...Couldnt pay so went over to SAC

Another one? DH and McGee...both helped us win a chip for us and both were let go for GOOOD OLE Trez(Klutch Client) and Marc Gasol(a known name).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
zambia
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Oct 2007
Posts: 1338

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:15 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
zambia wrote:
JJin77 wrote:
ocho wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
What a freakin resume 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Terrible decisions Rob Pelinka has made since LeBron James chose to sign with the Lakers:


*snip*

Some of these are incorrect or misleading but most of this is accurate and more than enough to earn a dismissal.


Close to half of them are either incorrect or not his fault. ex: Lue deal is not on Pelinka. It's documented that it was on Rambiis & Jeanie. Rondo left for more $, so no its not on him either. Malik Monk was signed to a min. then left for full MLE which we didn't have. Marc Gasol was a good move and was better than Macgee. Letting Howard go wasn't. Dan Huerly, Leonard???
ridiculous.

You can't blame them for not signing every FA you like on the market.
Nailing to sign on every FA, coach that you persue shouldn't be a standard for successful gm or any gm. Nailing a right one or a wrong one should be deciding factor.

Although Rob shouldn't be a sole scapegoat, Westbrook trade alone should be enough to fire him along with anyone and everyone who were involved in any capacity. Letting Caruso walk for nothing due to Lux. tax is more of a Jenny issue, but choosing THT over Caruso is sickening malpractice of FO.
Drafting JHS over Pod, JJJ, Cam hurts.

Cleaning the biggest mistake of this franchise in its history by trading Westbrook for Dlo, Vando, Beasly was fantastic make up move. Trading Hachimura was a good move. Overpaying Rui after unsustainable playoff run wasn't. Extending Vando prematurely to an overpay contract resembles signing of RFA Max Christie who hasn't proved anything in meaningful min.(whether it was unfair treatment by Ham or not) to a ridiculous 32/4y(PO on 4th) when no one was competing for his service.

So yes.
He has got to go but we already what Jeanie buss, the root of these Leadership problem, will do.


Rob traded a 47 million expiring contract and 1st round pick for 3 expiring contracts. The pick is basically unprotected.


Rob got rid of one of the worst mistakes there was that resulted in a WCF....getting there happened with those players you now consider trade fodder...which goes back to one reason we cant get FAs to sign because alot now is Toxic Fans that have the Dallas Cowboys Mentality but WORSE,,smh.

Dead Al Davis could take notes from some fans that think trading players each year is going to result to something positive and if they cant trade them then fire the GM...welp let me stop before someone says im trolling..what some yawl need is a swif..nope nope ..yawl have it. fire GM and trade away everyone...smh.


It’s all good, you’re not trolling. It’s barbershop conversation.

Pelinka’s haircut is looking like his trade ideas, rough around the edges.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 18063

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:15 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
What a freakin resume 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Terrible decisions Rob Pelinka has made since LeBron James chose to sign with the Lakers:


*snip*

Some of these are incorrect or misleading but most of this is accurate and more than enough to earn a dismissal.


Yup. Some are incorrect. But it's a lot that didn't make the list. For example letting Lopez/Randle walk for nothing. Not giving 3rd/4th years to guys like THT/Reaves/Christie.
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Oct 2015
Posts: 4309

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:30 am    Post subject:

JeezyXVII wrote:
What a freakin resume 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Terrible decisions Rob Pelinka has made since LeBron James chose to sign with the Lakers:

- A very public and failed pursuit of Dan Hurley

- Missing on Tyronn Lue because he didn’t offer a 4th year on his contract

- Failure to trade for Kyrie Irving at the trade deadline

- Failure to land Kawhi Leonard in free agency, who then signed with the Clippers

- In 2018-2019 Pelinka surrounded the best player in the world (who had just dragged the Cavs to the NBA Finals) with a young Lonzo Ball (who had arguably the worst jump shot in the league), a young Brandon Ingram (who was a 67% free throw shooter at that time). And also signed a bunch misfits such as Lance Stephenson, Michael Beasley, and a washed Tyson Chandler.

- Couldn’t land Jimmy Butler in the same free agency as Kawhi

- Chose Horton-Tucker over Alex Caruso in free agency, who was then later traded for Patrick Beverley

- Drafted Jalen Hood-Schifino

- Fired a championship coach in Frank Vogel

- Promised Andre Drummond that he’d start, then didn’t start him

- Let Malik Monk walk in free agency for nothing

- Let Rajon Rondo go, then signed him back 2 seasons later when he was significantly worse

- Let Dwight Howard go, then signed him back a season later when he was significantly worse

- Traded championship Center JaVale McGee to make room for the corpse of Marc Gasol

- Offered Dennis Schroder (the same player that went scoreless in an elimination against the Suns in 2021) $84 million

- Traded key championship pieces for Russell Westbrook who was taking up $48 million in cap space

- Chose Westbrook over DeMar DeRozan in free agency

- Signed a washed Carmelo Anthony who didn’t move the needle when it came to winning

- Signed Isiah Thomas to multiple 10-day contracts for no apparent reason

- Hired Darvin Ham, who lost the locker room

- Put together a team in 2022-2023 with practically no three-point shooting outside of Wayne Ellington and Melo.

- Signing Kent Bazemore and Trevor Ariza as rotation guys, who were unplayable

- Failed to trade D’Angelo Russell who has consistently shown he can’t show up in the playoffs and has one of the most tradeable contracts in the league

- Traded Danny Green and a first-round pick for Dennis Schroder, who left as a free agent

- Traded Ivica Zubac to the Clippers for basically nothing leading to Jerry West mocking the franchise

- Trading the 28th pick in 2020, that ended up as Jaden McDaniels

- Failure to pull the trigger on a deal for Myles Turner and Buddy Hield

- Didn’t make a move at the latest trade deadline because he wanted to have three first-round picks to use in a substantial deal this offseason, then proceeded to do nothing this offseason

- Failing to sign Klay Thompson in this free agency

- Failing to sign Jonas Valenciunas (who signed for less than your annual MLE amount)

- Made no attempt whatsoever to sign James Harden this offseason

- Gave unproven Max Christie $32 million

- Gave Maxwell Lewis a 4-year guaranteed money contract for no apparent reason

- Signed Bronny James to a 4-year guaranteed money deal

- Gave player options to D’Angelo Russell, Jaxson Hayes, Cam Reddish and Christian Wood, all whom picked up their option (for the league minimum by the way outside of DLo), handicapping your entire roster flexibility

- Failure to sign Buddy Hield this offseason, who was your former client when you were an agent

- Failure to sign Terry Stotts to your coaching staff three times

- Taking so long to build a coaching staff around J.J Redick that J.J doesn’t have the time to coach Summer League

Before you say he signed Anthony Davis which ultimately led to a championship, please remember this was the most obvious and necessary move in recent modern NBA history, with already having LeBron and Davis forcing his move to the Lakers as the only suitor he’d sign an extension with.

And before you say he signed LeBron, LeBron CHOSE to sign with the Lakers after months of speculation, and reports he was leaning there. The biggest influence in him landing in LA was actually Magic Johnson, not Pelinka.

So there you have it folks. This is what happens when you have personal, not professional relationships in your front office - accountability goes out the window. Does this look like someone that’s maximized the duo of LeBron and AD?

Via: twitter.com/DamienPetersNBA


And yet Morey no rings and no finals. Stevens 1 ring total. Presti no rings and lost 3 mvps. Conley 1 ring too. Riley has no rings since Lebron left. Frank with Balmers pockets and West helping him has no rings and only 3 playoff series wins in 5 years while trading every asset and having high payroll.

Hell the Clippers had Doc and Lue and have 3 total series wins in 5 years and Pelinka has hired 2 coaches in the same 5 years and won a title and had the other win 2 series 😂


At a certain point there’s Myers and then the rest by results say they haven’t accomplish more or as much as Rob, and that includes presti and Morey who have nothing to show for their front office time.


This is a result driven league. So go through a list and skip to the result. The GM with actual title won by their name are

- Pelinka
- Riley
- Connelly
- Myers who isn’t on a team
- Pop
- Mesai
- Stevens
- Ainge


Again if you’re not getting myers don’t mention (bleep) about Pelinka and the job he’s done when if you’re not going off the list above no one has accomplished the actual result which Pelinka did. Same goes for owners as Jeanie has won and Balmer and others haven’t 😂 … if you can get Bob Myers come talk to me about it and sing him up and soon as possible but other than that Morey, Presti, etc all ain’t accomplished what poor little Rob and broke Jeanie has which says more about them to be honest
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 7439

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:34 am    Post subject:

So, at the end of the day, Jeannie and Rob both suck azzzzzz no matter how you cut it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 15253
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:13 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
So, at the end of the day, Jeannie and Rob both suck azzzzzz no matter how you cut it.



That FO needs a remake.

If you don't know the business, which Jeanie admits to, you need to hire a top
notch GM, coach and support staff. What seems like a little mistake turns back
to cripple and haunt you financially.
_________________
Lakers need to build a freaking team !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Triumph
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Jul 2002
Posts: 3250
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:25 am    Post subject:

Kblo247! wrote:

And yet Morey no rings and no finals. Stevens 1 ring total. Presti no rings and lost 3 mvps. Conley 1 ring too. Riley has no rings since Lebron left. Frank with Balmers pockets and West helping him has no rings and only 3 playoff series wins in 5 years while trading every asset and having high payroll.

Hell the Clippers had Doc and Lue and have 3 total series wins in 5 years and Pelinka has hired 2 coaches in the same 5 years and won a title and had the other win 2 series 😂


At a certain point there’s Myers and then the rest by results say they haven’t accomplish more or as much as Rob, and that includes presti and Morey who have nothing to show for their front office time.


This is a result driven league. So go through a list and skip to the result. The GM with actual title won by their name are

- Pelinka
- Riley
- Connelly
- Myers who isn’t on a team
- Pop
- Mesai
- Stevens
- Ainge


Again if you’re not getting myers don’t mention (bleep) about Pelinka and the job he’s done when if you’re not going off the list above no one has accomplished the actual result which Pelinka did. Same goes for owners as Jeanie has won and Balmer and others haven’t 😂 … if you can get Bob Myers come talk to me about it and sing him up and soon as possible but other than that Morey, Presti, etc all ain’t accomplished what poor little Rob and broke Jeanie has which says more about them to be honest


This is way too reductive reasoning. Winning a title is important, but that result alone is not what determines how good of a GM (or owner) you are. You have to demonstrate wise decision making on a consistent basis in terms of drafting, coaching hires, roster construction, good trades, etc.

No one would say that Rob has been a better GM than Sam Presti or is on equal footing as Connelly since they both have 1 ring. Or that Jeanie is a better owner than anyone else for the same reason. No one all of a sudden thinks that Dan Gilbert was a good owner because the Cavs won a title in 2016.

Far and away the main reason why the Lakers won a title in 2020 is because LeBron chose to come here and he orchestrated a trade to get AD to join him.

Rob, Jeanie, Kurt and Linda Rambis had nothing to do with that. We were in the lottery for multiple years and they drafted players that would never turn out to be franchise cornerstones for a title team and hired poor coaches.

You think Presti, Morey, or basically any other GM wouldn't win the title if LeBron and AD came to their teams in 2019? The only reason we had assets to acquire AD is because the team was so bad for several years under Jeanie/Rob that we had enough valuable lottery picks to trade for him.

Jeanie (and by extension Pelinka) inherited a historically great franchise located in one of the biggest markets in the world and that got them LeBron.

I will give Rob some credit for surrounding the 2020 team with good role players that fit with LeBron and AD, but his moves with signings, coaching selection, and drafting since then have left a lot to be desired.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17972

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:34 am    Post subject:

Day wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
zambia wrote:
JJin77 wrote:
ocho wrote:
JeezyXVII wrote:
What a freakin resume 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫

Terrible decisions Rob Pelinka has made since LeBron James chose to sign with the Lakers:


*snip*

Some of these are incorrect or misleading but most of this is accurate and more than enough to earn a dismissal.


Close to half of them are either incorrect or not his fault. ex: Lue deal is not on Pelinka. It's documented that it was on Rambiis & Jeanie. Rondo left for more $, so no its not on him either. Malik Monk was signed to a min. then left for full MLE which we didn't have. Marc Gasol was a good move and was better than Macgee. Letting Howard go wasn't. Dan Huerly, Leonard???
ridiculous.

You can't blame them for not signing every FA you like on the market.
Nailing to sign on every FA, coach that you persue shouldn't be a standard for successful gm or any gm. Nailing a right one or a wrong one should be deciding factor.

Although Rob shouldn't be a sole scapegoat, Westbrook trade alone should be enough to fire him along with anyone and everyone who were involved in any capacity. Letting Caruso walk for nothing due to Lux. tax is more of a Jenny issue, but choosing THT over Caruso is sickening malpractice of FO.
Drafting JHS over Pod, JJJ, Cam hurts.

Cleaning the biggest mistake of this franchise in its history by trading Westbrook for Dlo, Vando, Beasly was fantastic make up move. Trading Hachimura was a good move. Overpaying Rui after unsustainable playoff run wasn't. Extending Vando prematurely to an overpay contract resembles signing of RFA Max Christie who hasn't proved anything in meaningful min.(whether it was unfair treatment by Ham or not) to a ridiculous 32/4y(PO on 4th) when no one was competing for his service.

So yes.
He has got to go but we already what Jeanie buss, the root of these Leadership problem, will do.


Rob traded a 47 million expiring contract and 1st round pick for 3 expiring contracts. The pick is basically unprotected.


Rob got rid of one of the worst mistakes there was that resulted in a WCF....getting there happened with those players you now consider trade fodder...which goes back to one reason we cant get FAs to sign because alot now is Toxic Fans that have the Dallas Cowboys Mentality but WORSE,,smh.

Dead Al Davis could take notes from some fans that think trading players each year is going to result to something positive and if they cant trade them then fire the GM...welp let me stop before someone says im trolling..what some yawl need is a swif..nope nope ..yawl have it. fire GM and trade away everyone...smh.


I don't think players don't want to sign here because of the fans as much as because of the media/pressure that comes with it. I mean every day, even during an off season where we haven't made a single move, Lakers are featured on every main stream sports talk show. Players are thrown under the bus by the media and that affects their stocks a lot. It's a risk coming here because everything you do is magnified. If you play well you're going to get a bigger contract than if you played well on a bad team but if you play bad here you might just be outta the league.

IDK Brandon Jennings speculated Russ probably spoke with DD about how fans will quickly turn and ultimately blame him. That is why I am glad DD didnt come here. if you are from here Russ, DD, Baron, Ariza, and others should all be shown love.
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 18063

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:46 am    Post subject:

Think about this. We literally have have let 3 ALL NBA players walk with no assets return (Lopez, Randle, Caruso) along with 3 high level starters (Kuzma, KCP, Zubac) traded in some of the most lopsided deals the past decade.

This is why it's so hard to make a trade now. We have shot ourselves in the foot way too many times. And as someone always say on here, this FO clearly lacks a compass.
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jan 2012
Posts: 12299
Location: The Two One Three

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 10:58 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
george w kush wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:


Jeanie is a big part of the problem, for sure.


Yes she is, considering she only hired him because he was Kobe’s agent.

She is the problem.



She the problem not for hiring Palinka BUT she not reallly leting Rob have total control..meaning Klutch and LBJ can just skip Rob authority and go right to her to get what they want and thats a problem.


Anybody that thinks Rob has been operating with full autonomy ever since he joined the Lakers is foolin' themselves. Has he had his missteps along the way as a rook GM? Absolutely. But the reality is that he had to deal with being handcuffed both from his hands and his legs. I have dubbed him Chinese Fingercuufs. It started with Magic at one end, and Jeanie at the other. It's then bled into LBJ/Klutch replacing Magic and Jeanie remaining in the rear. The problem is the rear.
_________________
The butter's hard and the eggs are chillin' in the dark.

Kiss my Converse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 250, 251, 252, 253, 254  Next
Page 251 of 254
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB