The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1933, 1934, 1935 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:54 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
People have been accusing Lebron of doping for years. I don't see how he could have done all those Olympics if he was doping, I remember the year he and Kobe played together (2012?) and I think it was against China he looked like superman out there athletically.

Users are able to avoid failing tests with a variety of methods. Masking agents, timing of testing, new drugs not being tested for, replacement samples, rumored Olympic testers being bribed.

I have followed cycling for years. UCI testing is much more extensive and mirrors Olympic testing in many ways. And the users are able to stay one step ahead of testing “most” of the time.

In major US sports where testing is a joke in comparison I have no doubts that they can avoid failing tests. The league’s have no interest in finding the PED users. Look at the headache it has caused the MLB. An entire era glorified for its production but unable to place them in the HoF due to the public scandals.

NBA wants this conversation to go away quickly. Head in the sand is a much better policy.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
People have been accusing Lebron of doping for years. I don't see how he could have done all those Olympics if he was doping, I remember the year he and Kobe played together (2012?) and I think it was against China he looked like superman out there athletically.

Users are able to avoid failing tests with a variety of methods. Masking agents, timing of testing, new drugs not being tested for, replacement samples, rumored Olympic testers being bribed.

I have followed cycling for years. UCI testing is much more extensive and mirrors Olympic testing in many ways. And the users are able to stay one step ahead of testing “most” of the time.

In major US sports where testing is a joke in comparison I have no doubts that they can avoid failing tests. The league’s have no interest in finding the PED users. Look at the headache it has caused the MLB. An entire era glorified for its production but unable to place them in the HoF due to the public scandals.

NBA wants this conversation to go away quickly. Head in the sand is a much better policy.

Cycling fan also. It always amuses me when players in sports like Tennis are like "we get tested so often, 5 or 11 times a year" and I'm like Lance Armstrong used to get tested 11 times a race and still got away with it. Cycling now has a biological passport where your blood levels are tracked through your entire career and any anomaly is pounced on, and there's still accusations of micro doping. But what happened to the sport of cycling? It's arguably become a ton more boring, you rarely get those wild attacks instead everyone plays safe.

Sport organisations aren't interested in catching drug cheats because fans aren't interested in celebrating human performances, everybody wants to go wild over the superhuman performances.

Is Lebron on drugs? Almost certainly. Is the NBA interested in catching him? Nope. Do the fans want drug cheats to be caught? People might say yes but I doubt it TBH. Hell I'm almost sad there's no drug cheats in cycling anymore because Team Sky killed the sport for 7 years with the most boring, clinical winning strategy ever devised killing all individuality and creativity.

That being said, I'm liking the future of the Lakers without Lebron TBH. AD, DLO, Vander, Schroeder, super fun team. SUPER FUN team. Lebron's great but I'm excited for the future again. Hopefully we keep most of this team together heading forward
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
LeBron James
@KingJames

Man I love this team!!! #Lakeshow

Who doesn't. Who doesn't.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Hoping we play this loose and with this energy when Bron returns, don't want to see deference and ball watching again.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Just return 100% his teammates got this. All the teams now on their sched are beatable even without Bron. Yes even the Suns, they are playing without KD.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:20 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
LeBron James
@KingJames

Bron tweeted it. Now it’s official. We love this team!
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:23 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
LeBron James
@KingJames

LG logic soon :Wow he can tweet but not play wth
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Man, if not for the LeBron injury, this season was really turning itself around. Still could.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:35 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Man, if not for the LeBron injury, this season was really turning itself around. Still could.

Maybe a blessing in disguise as the team is starting not just to rely on Bron and AD.

Once Bron is 100%, Lakers will definitely be cooking in the playoffs.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:43 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:

Maybe a blessing in disguise as the team is starting not just to rely on Bron and AD.

Once Bron is 100%, Lakers will definitely be cooking in the playoffs.

Allows him to get rested before the playoffs also.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:47 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
LeBron James
@KingJames

This is great to see. The team AD included all look up and defer to Lebron.

If he is this energized and excited you know they are all believing.

Man hopefully his recovery is going well, this team really has a shot.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:49 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:
LeBron James
@KingJames

Bron tweeted it. Now it’s official. We love this team!

Hahaha that got me cracking up
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:58 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
LeBron James
@KingJames

This is great to see. The team AD included all look up and defer to Lebron.

If he is this energized and excited you know they are all believing.

Man hopefully his recovery is going well, this team really has a shot.

Man have not seen him on the bench last couple games... I think this guy is doing whatever he can so he can get back on the floor faster.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:38 am    Post subject:

Leankle been holding us back

Trade him for 2 3 and Ds
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:55 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Trade him for 2 3 and Ds

3-0 with the new line-up before he got hurt?
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2023 8:35 am    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
defense wrote:

Trade him for 2 3 and Ds

3-0 with the new line-up before he got hurt?

Jokes?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:25 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/klutch_klient23/status/1634716129112252416?s=46&t=LZLzjVPmosqPbICOlCZLnQ
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Darvin Ham said “everything is going according to plan” thus far with LeBron James’ recovery/rehabilitation. Said he viewed this stretch as a chance for an emotional reset as well.

https://twitter.com/danwoikesports/status/1635059322240770048?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

LeBron James is back with the team for the Lakers' game against the Knicks, after about a week away. Lakers coach Darvin Ham said it "was good for him to unplug a little bit." As for the progress of James' right foot injury, Ham said: "Everything is going according to plan."

https://twitter.com/mcten/status/1635083682338983936?s=46&t=6-sxM4NpvzeWdNMn3aVCqg

Last edited by TDRock on Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:01 pm    Post subject:

If we continue playing so well I think we should just make sure Bron is FULLY right because we saw what happened the last time he got to start the Playoffs fresh.. Even a 38 year old LeBron can tear apart the league if healthy especially with a now competent supporting cast.

If that's the case, where Bron is rested and healthy combined with AD and our new roster? I'm not only taking us over any Western Conference team but I think we're clearly the best team. The only teams i'd be worried about is in the Eastern Conference and luckily for us we'd be rolling by that point if we make it that far in the Playoffs.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:13 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/LakersEmpire/status/1635086078884589568
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:

He is walking much better. That’s a great sign.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Please come back and slap the (bleep) out of AD. Im tired of seeing him play offense like he's on ketamine.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:33 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:

Cycling fan also. It always amuses me when players in sports like Tennis are like "we get tested so often, 5 or 11 times a year" and I'm like Lance Armstrong used to get tested 11 times a race and still got away with it. Cycling now has a biological passport where your blood levels are tracked through your entire career and any anomaly is pounced on, and there's still accusations of micro doping. But what happened to the sport of cycling? It's arguably become a ton more boring, you rarely get those wild attacks instead everyone plays safe.

Sport organisations aren't interested in catching drug cheats because fans aren't interested in celebrating human performances, everybody wants to go wild over the superhuman performances.

Is Lebron on drugs? Almost certainly. Is the NBA interested in catching him? Nope. Do the fans want drug cheats to be caught? People might say yes but I doubt it TBH. Hell I'm almost sad there's no drug cheats in cycling anymore because Team Sky killed the sport for 7 years with the most boring, clinical winning strategy ever devised killing all individuality and creativity.

That being said, I'm liking the future of the Lakers without Lebron TBH. AD, DLO, Vander, Schroeder, super fun team. SUPER FUN team. Lebron's great but I'm excited for the future again. Hopefully we keep most of this team together heading forward

Lebron’s longevity does raise some questions. Maybe even part of the reason why Kareem had issues with Lebron (without saying so)… Roger Clemons was great well past his prime and turned out to be using PEDs later. I’m guessing if done right, you can avoid getting caught like many did in the UFC.

I do question many recent NBA legends about their PED use. Dwight, Wade, Kobe, Lebron… 3 of those players are my All-Time favorites. But I don’t think it’s just confined to them. Remember when Dwight’s teammates got caught, but Dwight was never even mentioned? I do feel like the NBA is looking the other way, just like they did for decades with weed. And personally, I’m okay about it.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:35 am    Post subject:

Delete
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 3:37 am    Post subject:

Lakersfan1211 wrote:

Who’s the Lakers personnel acknowledging Bron? The lady who gave him a kiss. Saw him dapp up Rob at the end.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1933, 1934, 1935 ... 2077, 2078, 2079  Next
Page 1934 of 2079
Jump to: