The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1943, 1944, 1945 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:03 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
LeBron ruined the rhythm

simply because he wanted the glory of making the playoffs.

LeBron is a narcissist. He wants the attention on him.

Lakers made a strong push without him and he couldn't have that.

He surprised the Lakers staff and organization that he was gonna play. Smh

That's how you know it was about him, and only him.

Wow. The hate and delusion in this post is absolutely ridiculous.

He needed to come back ASAP. We don’t have any games to waste if he is available to play. It’s gonna take awhile for him to get back into a rhythm and getting the rust out of the way as much as possible before the playoffs is the only logical approach.

Lebron didn’t ruin anything. We came out flat like we’ve been doing every other game since Lebron went out. We are not a consistent team, with Lebron or without.

Lol Lebron coming back as soon as he could makes him selfish….now I’ve heard it all.

Post was asinine and somewhat funny to discuss narcissism when making every sentence in the post a new paragraph. Some people can find a negative in any situation, which is impressive.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:18 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
LeBron ruined the rhythm

Lakers fanbase in full bloom after a loss
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:05 am    Post subject:

I just hope Ham doesn't run him into the ground like he did all season. Let's ease him back slowly so he can get his legs back and gel with the team.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:55 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
I just hope Ham doesn't run him into the ground like he did all season. Let's ease him back slowly so he can get his legs back and gel with the team.

We need wins. He either helps or he doesn’t.
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:26 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
LeBron ruined the rhythm

So what you’re not a Lakers fan?

An not saying I agree or disagree with outspoken but what makes you think the entire fan base feels this way?

Fwiw Kobe got slammed so did Magic when things weren’t going great. It’s part of the deal when you become the leader of the greatest sports franchise of all sports no need to get soo sensitive when it’s about Lebron.

An you should know Lebron and whomever will never be bigger than the Lakers Brand
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:33 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
An you should know Lebron and whomever will never be bigger than the Lakers Brand

Lebron stans or any other player stans never seem to understand this.

Unlike GS where most of their fans are Curry stans, the Laker fan base is one of the name Lakers is bigger than any other name.

And fwiw, even Troy Brown admitted that playing with Lebron changed things. Of course you want one of the greatest basketball players playing for your team, but even Lebron’s comments about him being proud of the guys and him wanting to be a part of the run is himself.

It’s fine to say he is who is…a great basketball player that wants all the attention but like other greats fails to realize that he is no longer capable of carrying a team like his 28 year old self…so the Lakers have begun the transition for post Lebron and rightfully so.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:07 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
LeBron ruined the rhythm

You're upset that he pushed his rehab aggressively so he could rejoin the team?

Wouldn't you be more upset if he just sat out the regular season and/or play-ins/playoffs?

One can quibble about the process, but I don't think folks are upset he worked his way back to coming back sooner than expected.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:08 am    Post subject:

What ruined the rhythm was bringing him back without a single practice with the current team.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:08 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:

Lebron stans or any other player stans never seem to understand this.

Unlike GS where most of their fans are Curry stans, the Laker fan base is one of the name Lakers is bigger than any other name.

And fwiw, even Troy Brown admitted that playing with Lebron changed things. Of course you want one of the greatest basketball players playing for your team, but even Lebron’s comments about him being proud of the guys and him wanting to be a part of the run is himself.

It’s fine to say he is who is…a great basketball player that wants all the attention but like other greats fails to realize that he is no longer capable of carrying a team like his 28 year old self…so the Lakers have begun the transition for post Lebron and rightfully so.

I wonder if it isn't prudent to allow Lebron to play very limited minutes, just so that he can continue to heal, and to allow this Lakers team to continue to flourish. As I said, this will all come down to how well Mr. Ham manages the rotations. Lebron played 30 minutes last game, the first after a serious injury. That was 5th most on the team. I think Lebron overplayed. He should have played no more than 20-24 minutes, tops, both due to his healing process and to allow this Lakers team time to adjust to his presence.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:06 am    Post subject:

KingKobe20 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
LeBron ruined the rhythm

An not saying I agree or disagree with outspoken but what makes you think the entire fan base feels this way?

Fwiw Kobe got slammed so did Magic when things weren’t going great. It’s part of the deal when you become the leader of the greatest sports franchise of all sports no need to get soo sensitive when it’s about Lebron.

I'm guessing Magic and Kobe were never called "fake Lakers". It's not the same.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:11 am    Post subject:

Only 2 outcomes
He plays and keeps playing, and then get an MRI in the off season to determine if surgery is needed
He plays and he tore it again. He goes to surgery
The surgery is 3 month recovery, so either way he will be ready next season.
He looked pretty good yesterday moving wise
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
LeBron ruined the rhythm

You're upset that he pushed his rehab aggressively so he could rejoin the team?

Wouldn't you be more upset if he just sat out the regular season and/or play-ins/playoffs?

One can quibble about the process, but I don't think folks are upset he worked his way back to coming back sooner than expected.

Let's have a reality check: This thread has three or four very aggressive posters, who put up negative comments about Lebron, usually multiple times a day. No matter what Lebron does, they will find fault with it. I don't know what percentage of the fan base this group represents, but I guess it's a very small percentage on the end of the spectrum. There is probably a similarly small group on the other end of the spectrum for whom Lebron can do no right. They cancel each other out. Trying to talk to either side is as pointless as debating conspiracy theories.

For pretty much everyone else: We all knew Lebron would come back eventually, and it's not a shock if he has some rust and there is a bit of a rough patch re-integrating him into the team.

Personally, I am happy Lebron is back sooner rather than later. I would rather have the rough patch now than right before the play-ins.

Hopefully, DLo can come back soon and they can all play together. Because for the Lakers to have a chance of doing anything this year, we need Lebron, AD, and DLo are playing together and playing well. If anyone thinks we are better without any one of them, I respect your opinion, I just disagree with you and have no interesting in hearing or discussing your opinion.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:50 am    Post subject:

It was actually a GOOD thing for him to come back now, get that rust out and have the rotations figured out. I'd rather that now as opposed to 2 games left in the season in the middle of a dogfight.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:26 am    Post subject:

IMO, our players were gun shy & weren’t comfortable shooting the ball because of Bron being back & NOT WANTING TO MAKE A MISTAKE on MISSING A SHOT, but that doesn’t explain Ham’s 70+ games of not having the proper matchups out there!!!

You gotta have Vandy on Lavine entire game & Brown on D.R.!!!

This is definitely a game where we missed D-LO, he is not shy & the bridge to other players feeling comfortable out there!!!

This is one the that worried me on his comeback, ISO ball for LBJ & AD, we were doing GREAT W/O him & MUST CONTINUE A FLOW TO OFFENSE!

Defense is the same way, LBJ takes a play or two off & the team see’s that & RESPONDS the SAME WAY!!!

In general Ham being a ROOKIE coach is trying to please the players like Lonnie & Austin (who struggled) but doesn’t play a guy like Rui to help AD on the boards!!! I don’t have faith in Ham if we have to play in the play in cause he’s terrible at one game scenarios!!!!!! ROOKIE COACH for Championship expectations!!! 🤯

This team needs to be brought back with everyone they can bring back from training camp & beginning of season, unfortunately it’s up to Jeanie & Rob to make that happen as much as possible!!!
HC: Riley
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:43 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
IMO, our players were gun shy & weren’t comfortable shooting the ball because of Bron being back & NOT WANTING TO MAKE A MISTAKE on MISSING A SHOT, but that doesn’t explain Ham’s 70+ games of not having the proper matchups out there!!!

This is definitely a game where we missed D-LO, he is not shy & the bridge to other players feeling comfortable out there!!!

This is one the that worried me on his comeback, ISO ball for LBJ & AD, we were doing GREAT W/O him & MUST CONTINUE A FLOW TO OFFENSE!

Defense is the same way, LBJ takes a play or two off & the team see’s that & RESPONDS the SAME WAY!!!

In general Ham being a ROOKIE coach is trying to please the players like Lonnie & Austin (who struggled) but doesn’t play a guy like Rui to help AD on the boards!!! I don’t have faith in Ham if we have to play in the play in cause he’s terrible at one game scenarios!!!!!! ROOKIE COACH for Championship expectations!!! 🤯

This team needs to be brought back with everyone they can bring back from training camp & beginning of season, unfortunately it’s up to Jeanie & Rob to make that happen as much as possible!!!

I think the solution for this might be having Lebron play like he did in that DAL game he got hurt in. Where he was focused on playing in and around the mid post, got the ball and made a quick move to the basket or could kick out to open shooters / create offensive reb opportunities and layups for AD
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 10:53 am    Post subject:

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:

I think the solution for this might be having Lebron play like he did in that DAL game he got hurt in. Where he was focused on playing in and around the mid post, got the ball and made a quick move to the basket or could kick out to open shooters / create offensive reb opportunities and layups for AD

Yes, the last thing I wanna see is him chucking up 3 pt shots from 30 ft away or at end of shot clock cause he holds onto the ball too long. PS: LBJ, you got the scoring record already time to share & focus on better shooters!!!

Also, NO need to play him 35 minutes per game with the talent we have & same holds true for AD, I’d rather save him for second half & play Gabriel or if somehow Mo gets back soon (can’t believe it’s taking him so long to get back?)
HC: Riley
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 11:24 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:
KingKobe20 wrote:
PenG_ wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
LeBron ruined the rhythm

I'm guessing Magic and Kobe were never called "fake Lakers". It's not the same.

Worst , Kobe was called a rapist and was destroyed by a lot of the fan base when Shaq got Traded to Miami.
Magic had the Tragic Johnson nickname which some so called fans still use most of them are just bitter fake fans with tiny baby brains.
Then let’s not forget when Magic contracted HIV you had the religious Lakers fans turn their back on him too.

So you listen to the 7 members on LG and a few people from your barbershop talk out their ass calling Lebron a Fake Laker and assume that’s how the whole fan base is thinking?

I’ve been a die hard Lakers fan for over 30 years and I’ve welcomed Lebron with open arms when he signed here in the summer of 18’.
Hell I even threw a barbecue that following weekend which was Lebron themed LOL

I might be a die hard Lakers fan but I’m also just a die hard basketball fan in general. There are many people like me.

Don’t get soo triggered when the haters come out in full force. We get it you don’t care about the Lakers organization , you’re just a Lebron fan only and that’s your right.

But guess who’s a big Lakers fan like myself,
Lebron.

He’s embraced the Lakers culture with all the supporters and haters. He’s openly talked about his hate for the celtics and clippers franchise numerous times.
Any chance he gets he lets it be known how much of an honor it is to play for a historical franchise like the Lakers.
Lebron has signed a long term deal and extension with the Lakers. Something he’s never done with his prior teams.

All this hate is nothing new for Lebron. He’s just got a massive community of Lakers Nation backing him now. Yes massive if you extract the haters there’s still a ton of us as the fan base is HUGE worldwide.

So maybe you should consider pulling a Shannon Sharpe and become a full on Lakers Lifer now
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:19 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It was actually a GOOD thing for him to come back now, get that rust out and have the rotations figured out. I'd rather that now as opposed to 2 games left in the season in the middle of a dogfight.

It could be argued that the best situation would be that he announced yesterday that he is coming back for the next game. Announcing right before the game affected rotations and game planning, it wasn’t bad but it was rather clunky.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:28 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It could be argued that the best situation would be that he announced yesterday that he is coming back for the next game. Announcing right before the game affected rotations and game planning, it wasn’t bad but it was rather clunky.

The Lakers knew a couple of days ago that Lebron might return for yesterday's game. They knew he was going to test his foot right before the game and would play if it was OK. So none of this was a surprise. I am sure Ham and the Laker staff had a game plan/rotation in place for both the possibility of Lebron playing and not playing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Unfortunately it was like a preseason exhibition game type of wonkiness when we are in the hunt for a playoff seed. I'm expecting better things in the next Bulls game.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 12:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yea like I said team knew when he was returning, or he can return at any game. Reason Schro made that comment the other week.

Just didn’t understand him coming off the bench if he was playing 29 minutes. We all know Ham struggles with rotations already, and him coming off the bench pretty much was too much of an adjustment for Ham.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:15 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
LeBron ruined the rhythm

By sitting on the bench?

(LeBron +4 while on the floor; the rest of the team, when he was off, -14)
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 4:53 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
LeBron ruined the rhythm

By sitting on the bench?

Nah, even when he wasn't in the game i'd see players look at him on the bench and clearly out of nowhere just be out of sync from that point on. I wish they'd just tell him to go hide in the tunnel when he wasn't in the game.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:01 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
ribeye wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
LeBron ruined the rhythm

By sitting on the bench?

Nah, even when he wasn't in the game i'd see players look at him on the bench and clearly out of nowhere just be out of sync from that point on. I wish they'd just tell him to go hide in the tunnel when he wasn't in the game.

Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Lebron and AD both finished with positive +/- in a double digit loss despite not playing all to well. That signals to me that the result had more to do with the rotations than anything else. Starting without Lebron, closing the 1st and starting the 2nd with no Lebron/AD/Dennis, and starting the 2nd half without Lebron were costly mistakes.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1943, 1944, 1945 ... 2084, 2085, 2086  Next
Page 1944 of 2086
Jump to: