The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2058, 2059, 2060 ... 2065, 2066, 2067  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Zillethai wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
LeBron and his camp must be delusive. he's trying to pull strings like he was 25 year old, LOL.

If you dont think Lebron still has pull, then you are delusional. The fact is he is still a major draw. And franchises are businesses at the end of the day.

Just look at all the Bron fans who have been tuning in to Laker games over the past few years.

Good! Maybe we can trade him at the deadline for some assets!
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:17 pm    Post subject:

derek94 wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
MJST wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
the problem is, even if Lakers traded for Devin Booker, he'll still be serves as a spot up shooter, and you still have to deal with LeBron's diva antics: only play hard in big games, taking games off mentally and physically, being passive aggressive, etc. for a 39 year old, nah, i'd just tell LeBron, if you don't like it, just zip your mouth and go sign elsewhere in summer.

What if we traded LeBron for Luka and convinced Cuban to reunite Kyrie and LeBron.

Cuban ain't stupid. no one is giving up valuable asset for a 39 year old LeBron.

One can hope Doncic catches wind and declares his aim to play in LA, and James tells Cuban he'll play for another 3 years if he gets traded there. Both parties win. James is a huge draw especially in small market Dallas.

That is never happening. Cuban is stupid but he isn’t insane.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:53 am    Post subject:

Besides his player option.

Lebron is also 203 points away from reaching 40k points.

Jeannie is not trading him before he reaches that.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:35 am    Post subject:

If Jeanie mistreated Lebron, the next superstar that wants to come here would think twice about doing so.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:48 am    Post subject:

I'm not worried about keeping him until he scores 40,000, I'm worried about him staying until 50,000.

Jeanie is like the anti-Steinbrenner... I can see her letting Bron, Bronny, and Ham do their thing for the next five years if someone doesn't stop her.
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 4:38 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
If Jeanie mistreated Lebron, the next superstar that wants to come here would think twice about doing so.

Just like stars dont wanna go to Miami because Bron didnt has his way with Riles?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:02 am    Post subject:

Can’t trade Bron, he’s like 8 games away from 40k
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:42 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Just like stars dont wanna go to Miami because Bron didnt has his way with Riles?

No star has signed with Miami since they fumbled Wade and Bron. They got Bosh to return after upping their offer to retain him from going to Houston.

But again they got Butler and thats it since then as a star to sign and even then Butler was willing to join the lakers but they waited to hear from Kawhi
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:52 am    Post subject:

Maaaaan they traded Shaq and we still ended up with Gasol, Lebron, Davis and others would have probably come if Lebron didn't.

People have short memories.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 9:03 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Maaaaan they traded Shaq and we still ended up with Gasol, Lebron, Davis and others would have probably come if Lebron didn't.

Amazing how once a narrative is established, people won't stray from it.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:37 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:

Gasol can thru a trade. And AD is ONLY here because he forced his way out to be with his bff Lebron. I’m willing to bet if Lebron and AD aren’t here, no big time free agent will come for awhile
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:55 am    Post subject:

Chris Mannix has a article he published yesterday about the Lakers and LeBron splitting and why it makes sense for the Lakers, not sure why it seems like all of a sudden these talking heads are bringing up the possibility
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:17 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

On the contrary look at how free and loose they played without Bron against Boston. Players don't want to be hindered by Lebron-ball. It either works or it doesn't.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 12:41 pm    Post subject:

It's not about "mistreating Lebron". It's about how many people are represented by Klutch as opposed to other agencies and how good of terms we want to remain with them.

I still say trade Lebron though, get some assets back to pair with AD.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:00 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
defense wrote:

Gasol can thru a trade. And AD is ONLY here because he forced his way out to be with his bff Lebron. I’m willing to bet if Lebron and AD aren’t here, no big time free agent will come for awhile

What team do all the big names tend to say they want to be traded to? Sounds like takers...

Who gives a flying foot if they come via trade, via free agency or because their friends are coming. The point is they COME. So many superstars want to play for the Lakers. That is not just talk. Its a real thing. Even non superstars want to come here.
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:39 pm    Post subject:

The entire Clippers roster would have played for us if we had really tried to get them.

What the hell are some of you talking about?

LBJ is the one messing up the team again, except the difference is that five years ago you could put any decent group next to him and you could win.

Bron is like Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard still thinking he can tell everyone what to do.

We need to have an amicable split with LBJ so that Klutch doesn't boycott us but the faster he's gone, the faster we can rebuild.

The only people who still defend him are LBJ stans.

Is he still a good player? Absolutely. Is he the greatest to ever play this well at his age? Absolutely

But I'm not interested in a freak show run to 50,000 points... let another team take on his five year farewell tour.

Just stick to your guns Rob, and let him leave.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:34 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

trading him to a instant contender is mistreating him? trade him to Charlotte Hornets or Wizards will be labeled as such.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 3:20 pm    Post subject:

LeBron's last 10 games:

25.6 PPG
    7.9 RPG
    7.8 APG
    52/39/71%
    60% TS

Lakers are 7-3 in that span.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:56 pm    Post subject:

Man I am tired of this guy’s act.

Quote:
Then came the Knicks-themed messages that went viral on social media, with James wearing sneakers with New York’s team colors, shouting “Mr. James in the Garden!” as he entered their hallowed arena, and even donning a Knicks towel during a nationally televised postgame interview in which he raved about the Knicks’ first-time All-Star, Jalen Brunson. Subtle, it was not. And it didn’t stop there either.

https://theathletic.com/5255325/2024/02/06/lebron-james-lakers-dejounte-murray-trade-rumors/
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:40 pm    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:

Quote:
Then came the Knicks-themed messages that went viral on social media, with James wearing sneakers with New York’s team colors, shouting “Mr. James in the Garden!” as he entered their hallowed arena, and even donning a Knicks towel during a nationally televised postgame interview in which he raved about the Knicks’ first-time All-Star, Jalen Brunson. Subtle, it was not. And it didn’t stop there either.

https://theathletic.com/5255325/2024/02/06/lebron-james-lakers-dejounte-murray-trade-rumors/

You’re not alone. He’s a freaking vampire. Sucks the life force out of a team. Worse yet, he’s so good at basketball you become enamored with him and let him do whatever he wants willingly. Then when every last drop is gone. He moves onto the next victim. He did the same when he was leaving Miami to Clv the first time. Then again, when he came to LA. I remember how much praise he was giving Lonzo his rookie year.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:55 pm    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
hydrohead wrote:

Quote:

You’re not alone. He’s a freaking vampire. Sucks the life force out of a team. Worse yet, he’s so good at basketball you become enamored with him and let him do whatever he wants willingly. Then when every last drop is gone. He moves onto the next victim. He did the same when he was leaving Miami to Clv the first time. Then again, when he came to LA. I remember how much praise he was giving Lonzo his rookie year.

But he is not good enough for these antics anymore.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:38 am    Post subject:

I think the Lakers need to start spending more time considering the “mistreatment” of Davis or the “mistreatment” of teammates constantly being dismissed as trade assets every year.

No arguing that James is an icon but at some point these annual antics wear thin. I am thinking many of you are more worried about his bruised ego than building a competitive team. All those players on the roster that have simply been trade assets since before the season started are being “mistreated” more than anything directed at James.

Just want a competitive team. If James sees his next opportunity in another jersey. Fine by me. Just be clear about your intentions and give the Lakers an opportunity to make the best trade available.

I am a Laker fan. I’m really not interested in supporting a leader that has already left the building for a “better opportunity “ than giving his all for his teammates and the Lakers. Up to James to prove which is more important, his Klutch Team or the Laker Team. If not he is “mistreating” each and every teammate, coach or fan.

Choose James, you in or are you out! As a longtime fan I am good either way.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 9:30 am    Post subject:

Numbers don't lie, LBJ is still better than 90% of the league. At 39. MJ never did that.

GOAT.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:07 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
I think the Lakers need to start spending more time considering the “mistreatment” of Davis or the “mistreatment” of teammates constantly being dismissed as trade assets every year.

No arguing that James is an icon but at some point these annual antics wear thin. I am thinking many of you are more worried about his bruised ego than building a competitive team. All those players on the roster that have simply been trade assets since before the season started are being “mistreated” more than anything directed at James.

Just want a competitive team. If James sees his next opportunity in another jersey. Fine by me. Just be clear about your intentions and give the Lakers an opportunity to make the best trade available.

I am a Laker fan. I’m really not interested in supporting a leader that has already left the building for a “better opportunity “ than giving his all for his teammates and the Lakers. Up to James to prove which is more important, his Klutch Team or the Laker Team. If not he is “mistreating” each and every teammate, coach or fan.

Choose James, you in or are you out! As a longtime fan I am good either way.

James is in as evidenced by him continuing to sign extensions here. The Lakers need to choose if they're in the business of competing for championships or just using LeBron as a tourist attraction while they cut costs. LeBron putting on a Knicks towel isn't the reason we didn't pay Caruso.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:12 am    Post subject:

chrisca91 wrote:
Numbers don't lie, LBJ is still better than 90% of the league. At 39. MJ never did that.

GOAT.

No. MJ accomplished more in way less time.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2058, 2059, 2060 ... 2065, 2066, 2067  Next
Page 2059 of 2067
Jump to: