The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 2114, 2115, 2116  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:31 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Nobody is praising Lebron for his generosity and good gesture towards the Lakers by helping them stay below the second apron.

Why? I feel like this was a 3M PR move by him. He saw how quickly people started to realize his list of 12M players were going for way more. He realized how everyone was beginning to understand that entire thing was a PR stunt to make him look good and the Lakers look bad. So he decided to pivot to the 3M paycut to win the media game. Lakers should have told him ya thanks but no thanks. Take your full max. We can use SRP to dump c-wood on someone.

That said, if this leads to something that benefits the Laker roster then he will most certainly have my thanks.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:34 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Nobody is praising Lebron for his generosity and good gesture towards the Lakers by helping them stay below the second apron.

Why? I feel like this was a 3M PR move by him. He saw how quickly people started to realize his list of 12M players were going for way more. He realized how everyone was beginning to understand that entire thing was a PR stunt to make him look good and the Lakers look bad. So he decided to pivot to the 3M paycut to win the media game. Lakers should have told him ya thanks but no thanks. Take your full max. We can use SRP to dump c-wood on someone.

That said, if this leads to something that benefits the Laker roster then he will most certainly have my thanks.

Valanciunas was on the list and didn’t go for more. Just tell the truth man, we know it anyway.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:44 am    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
kfkilla wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Valanciunas was on the list and didn’t go for more. Just tell the truth man, we know it anyway.

JV went early in FA. We were still in the Klay sweepstakes. LeBron was personally calling Klay. I don’t think LeBrin was willing to move on JV so quickly.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:51 am    Post subject:

Anyway we can get Brook?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:21 am    Post subject:

Cheap Jeanie, thanks for drafting my son…here is a couple of million back so you don’t sweat the 2nd apron.

It’s sad and pathetic, the joke of a franchise the Lakers have become in the Jeanie/Klutch era.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:09 am    Post subject:

So sick of the brown-nosing. It's laughable to think 3 million in some kind of generous pay cut for Bron, especially when his son got a 4 yr deal. He's a billionaire and one of the richest athletes in the world. He was acting like the amount would be much bigger and net us someone like DeRozan or some other high profile FA. No way his ego and narcissism lets him do that. Bron is Bron. Deception and PR moves.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:32 am    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
So sick of the brown-nosing. It's laughable to think 3 million in some kind of generous pay cut for Bron, especially when his son got a 4 yr deal. He's a billionaire and one of the richest athletes in the world. He was acting like the amount would be much bigger and net us someone like DeRozan or some other high profile FA. No way his ego and narcissism lets him do that. Bron is Bron. Deception and PR moves.

You made that up in your own head…still it could be true…but it wasn’t what was said. Rob should have called LBJ’s bluff and got Valanciunas, based on what was said it wouldn’t have cost any more than what has already been spent. Regardless of how Val fit or not, LBJ+Val would have been better than just LBJ alone, and based on what was reported both would have cost the same plus Val would have been paid more by the Lakers than what he got from the Wizards.

Calling the bluff would have either exposed LBJ as a fraud or added a big back up C to improve rebounding and improve the non-AD minutes. He could also play limited time along side AD with shooters on the floor with them, but the main benefit would have fixed major probs from last year which was rebounding and maintaining production when AD is not on the floor.

Last edited by Hanging from Rafters on Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:40 am; edited 4 times in total
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:33 am    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:

Did Kobe ever take a pay cut? And if so was it even significant?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:00 am    Post subject:

nickuku wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Kobe was eligible to get something like $33M to $35M and he took $24M
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:09 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

So you're saying Rob Pelinka was bad at his previous job too?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:13 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

The Lakers and LG wanted him to take $12M. At the time, Kobe’s 2 year $48M deal still made him the highest paid player in the NBA. And based on Kupchaks comments at the time it sounded like Rob was a pretty tough negotiator.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:28 pm    Post subject:

I don’t really understand belittling a pay cut as if any of us would easily take a similar percentage cut to benefit our employer, but to each his own, I guess.

Call it PR or whatever, but the paycut ultimately only helps the person(s) who need it least here, and certainly the least to deserve that benefit with how poor of a job they’ve done.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 1:30 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Not to mention he was all about winning and was the main guy in bringing 5 championships to the greatest brand in basketball.

The other guy needed a bizarre Covid year gap to win 1 title in which everyone wanted to go home and he’s content accruing whatever he can because he just cares about purchasing the Vegas franchise. This is where what his face the ex-Cavs GM is correct about LeBron no longer being that same beast all about winning. He got his son drafted and now the goal is to maximize earning on and off the court in LA.

We used to be better than that, but Jeanie doesn’t give a (bleep). She just wants to hang with the “cool kids.”
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

Not to mention he was all about winning and was the main guy in bringing 5 championships to the greatest brand in basketball.

The other guy needed a bizarre Covid year gap to win 1 title in which everyone wanted to go home and he’s content accruing whatever he can because he just cares about purchasing the Vegas franchise. This is where what his face the ex-Cavs GM is correct about LeBron no longer being that same beast all about winning. He got his son drafted and now the goal is to maximize earning on and off the court in LA.

We used to be better than that, but Jeanie doesn’t give a (bleep). She just wants to hang with the “cool kids.”

A Laker fan underplaying the 2020 title? I think I’ve seen everything now.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:59 pm    Post subject:

A Laker fan blindly just glazing Lebron in 2024? I think I've seen everything now.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 4:00 pm    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
A Laker fan blindly just glazing Lebron in 2024? I think I've seen everything now.

Holy (bleep), man, you’re so funny.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 8:07 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

not just laker fans. Its called the bubble title by everyone. It counts, but it is the most astericked title since the Celtics run of 8 pre-moon landing.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

not just laker fans. Its called the bubble title by everyone. It counts, but it is the most astericked title since the Celtics run of 8 pre-moon landing.

Nobody's putting an asterisk on it except you, a Laker fan of all people. I question the genuineness of your Laker fandom. Nobody has ever put an asterisk on the Spurs 1999 strike shorten championship season either. A championship's a championship.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:28 pm    Post subject:

The only reason there isn’t an asterisk on the bubble championship is BECAUSE the Lakers won. We were the #1 seed in the West coming off victories over the Clippers and the Bucks.

For a while people could’ve said that the Bucks not coming out of the East was partly due to the bubble circumstances, but as we’ve seen the Bucks fold early in the playoffs for the last 3 seasons, there was nothing unusual about them not advancing to the finals in the bubble.

The favorite to win the championship before the shut down, won the championship in the bubble. Where is the asterisk coming from?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 10:22 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
The only reason there isn’t an asterisk on the bubble championship is BECAUSE the Lakers won. We were the #1 seed in the West coming off victories over the Clippers and the Bucks.

For a while people could’ve said that the Bucks not coming out of the East was partly due to the bubble circumstances, but as we’ve seen the Bucks fold early in the playoffs for the last 3 seasons, there was nothing unusual about them not advancing to the finals in the bubble.

The favorite to win the championship before the shut down, won the championship in the bubble. Where is the asterisk coming from?

Asterisk as “one of the toughest” championship in history. We lost homecourt advantage. Played everyone at their full strength. I don’t remember an asterisk for Kawhi beating the Klay/KD less warriors in 2019. People kept saying it gave lebron and AD more rest, and that argument is very weak consider lebron was 36 years old and AD didn’t have any major injuries that year. We made a deep run last year with both rather healthy. If anything, playing into October that year significantly impacted our 2021 season which saw AD had 2 bad injuries and the 3rd in the playoffs.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:16 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
levon wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

The Lakers and LG wanted him to take $12M. At the time, Kobe’s 2 year $48M deal still made him the highest paid player in the NBA. And based on Kupchaks comments at the time it sounded like Rob was a pretty tough negotiator.

lol, negotiate tough with someone and then take his job six years later.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 1:12 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

FACTS.

People forget that the Lakers were the best team going into the bubble and the best team ended up winning the championship.

If anything, the 2020 NBA playoffs was the most even playing field in the history of the game.

Zero home court advantage.
Everybody ate the same nasty food.
Everybody slept in the same nasty bed.

It was roll the ball out and let's see who wins. And we won.

Speaking of asterisks....

The Lakers win 11 consecutive games in the '89 NBA playoffs leading up to a Pistons Finals matchup for a possible 3-Peat. Both Magic and Byron scummed to injuries by Game 2 cause Pat Riley is a fking hard ass. Needless to say, the Pistons win the chip. Where's the asterisk?

Two years later that same Lakers team face the MJ Bulls in the '91.Finals. Both Worthy and Scott were out by game 3 and we had to rely on rookies Elden Campbell and Tony Smith to fill the void. Where's the asterisk?

That's not to mention being a hardcore Dodgers fan and losing to the cheating Astros.

So you know what....fk you and your asterisk.

Kiss my Converse.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:05 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
TheBlackMamba wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
nickuku wrote:
Denny_Russo wrote:

You exaggerate the reach of grifters and trolls because deep down you want people to call it an asterisk title. And why... well that's all too obvious.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:57 am    Post subject:

Who's title was easier? The Celtics of 2024 or the Bubble Lakers?

Celtics by a mile. Now that is an asterisk title.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:00 am    Post subject:

The Nuggets title was also one of the easiest of all time. They were 1 short of the easiest path mathematically possible. They faced seeds 8, 4, 7, 8 on the way to their ring. The easiest path mathematically possible is 8, 5*, 7, 8.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 2114, 2115, 2116  Next
Page 2115 of 2116
Jump to: