Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Okay, the truck looks pretty dumb, imo. First design
miss from Tesla IMO.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

I’m not sure who this is for. I can’t imagine traditional pickup owners buying this for looks. And now Elon is marketing it as an armored vehicle, basically, showing how the door and glass is supposed to be bulletproof. Hopefully the design is changed dramatically before the release. Still need to hear about the truck capabilities.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject:

40k for the base mode of the truck? That’s good. The capabilities are cool and the ability to plug tools into the car and and onboard air compressor are really cool. That look is not good though.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:41 pm    Post subject:

I love it. Tried to put $100 to reserve mine but the site appears to be bogged down. I agree, I don’t think they’ll buy it in rural areas, but it gives us city dwellers a bad ass truck. Can’t wait to see the interior.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Swing and a miss IMO. Other than being all electric doesn’t really offer much utility for truck buyers. The F-150 EV based off the rivian tech should murder this thing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
Swing and a miss IMO. Other than being all electric doesn’t really offer much utility for truck buyers. The F-150 EV based off the rivian tech should murder this thing

Right after Ford builds their Terrafactory.

Rivian starts at $69k while Tesla starts at $39.9k and top trim starts at $69.9k. Rivian does have Federal tax credit while Tesla doesn not . But that is politics and can change. Ford should have their credit gone in short order if Mustang Mach E is even moderately successful.

Cybrtrk is extemely sci-fi.

Redneck coal rollers won't buy it.

City Slickers will.

As well as Businesses and Government Fleets.

Businesses and Government Fleets care about Total Cost of Ownership per Mile. They don't give a rat's ass about looks. Cybrtrk is going to be dirt cheap to operate.

Tesla is going to have to build an entire new auto factory for this truck.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Just saw they screwed over the glass demo too lol. Amateur hour at Tesla.
https://twitter.com/mashable/status/1197733154674446337?s=21

There’s a reason the deposit is only $100 for this thing. It will likely flop or need a re-design. The truck market is different than cars and I think tesla completely missed the boat

Shame too cuz it could have been a game changer

Last edited by 22 on Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject:

DeeAgeaux wrote:
22 wrote:

Rivian starts at $69k while Tesla starts at $39.9k and top trim starts at $69.9k. Rivian does have Federal tax credit while Tesla doesn not . But that is politics and can change. Ford should have their credit gone in short order if Mustang Mach E is even moderately successful.

City Slickers will.

Businesses and Government Fleets care about Total Cost of Ownership per Mile. They don't give a rat's ass about looks. Cybrtrk is going to be dirt cheap to operate.

Do you realize how cheap fleet trucks are for government and businesses? They would likely have to own the cyber trucks for 10-15 years before they began to see cost savings.

Hardcore Tesla fans will buy this. Not much more outside of that. You can’t even paint the thing! They will all look the same ROFL. I’m betting they change several major things before production lol
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
22 wrote:

City Slickers will.

Do you realize how cheap fleet trucks are for government and businesses? They would likely have to own the cyber trucks for 10-15 years before they began to see cost savings.

Hardcore Tesla fans will buy this. Not much more outside of that. You can’t even paint the thing! They will all look the same ROFL. I’m betting they change several major things before production lol

Do your realize how expensive Gas/Diesel plus maintenance is ?

No need to paint. No need to even repair dings. ROFLOL

Maybe 10 years if you drive 12k miles per year.

Fleets drive more like 15k-30k miles per year.

I'm betting there will only be a handful of minor changes.

Like the wheel arches. Maybe round out the peak on the roof.

Tesla doesn't do major changes from concept to production.
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

BTW Chinese on social media love this truck.

Their middle class has more people than the entire population of the USA.

China has the largest number of sales for vehicles in the $100k price class.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject:

DeeAgeaux wrote:
22 wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
22 wrote:

City Slickers will.

Do your realize how expensive Gas/Diesel plus maintenance is ?

No need to paint. No need to even repair dings. ROFLOL

Maybe 10 years if you drive 12k miles per year.

Fleets drive more like 15k-30k miles per year.

I'm betting there will only be a handful of minor changes.

Like the wheel arches. Maybe round out the peak on the roof.

Tesla doesn't do major changes from concept to production.

It’s not that expensive. When the starting price is half or less than half of the base model cybertruck, you can buy a crap ton of gas & maintenance for $20k. Installing the chargers to maximize the convenience of an EV is not cheap either. Especially getting all the paperwork through to justify it haha. I work for a government org, the contract to purchase this kind of vehicle over a plain old truck would be met with a lot of scrutiny and headache

Last edited by 22 on Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject:

DeeAgeaux wrote:

Foreign markets, especially the Chinese is probably their best bet. This thing is getting meme’d to death on US social media.

Of course the Chinese will build a knockoff version and probably have it released before the real thing lol
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:58 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:

Foreign markets, especially the Chinese is probably their best bet. This thing is getting meme’d to death on US social media.

Of course the Chinese will build a knockoff version and probably have it released before the real thing lol

Just stick a more traditional pickup truck exterior on the skateboard and I think they’ll sell quite a few here.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject:

it will be interesting to see who the primary market the "truck" was designed for.....because it definitely will not be popular with traditional pickup owners. I can see it being a major failure but a cool novelty car to have in 20-30 years.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
22 wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:

Just stick a more traditional pickup truck exterior on the skateboard and I think they’ll sell quite a few here.

Couldn’t agree more. That’s why I was excited for this because that’s what I thought it would be. I’ll wait on the rivian and EV F-150
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:04 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
22 wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:

Agreed. I'm not a truck guy in the least but I find the Toyota trucks with the bells and whistles or the Ford Raptors freaking awesome looking. I have zero need for one but I want one just to haul rocks or some stupid (bleep) lol.

This piece of crap looks like it belongs in a low budget early 80's sci-fi flick. Horrible!

This is even worse when you compare it to some of the concept renditions.

*edit* The more I think about it, this can't possibly the final rendition. Is this some weird next level marketing campaign? I sure know a helluva lot of people are talkin about it.
Surfitall
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 6:27 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
22 wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:

It wouldn’t surprise me if, based on the reaction, they offer two variants of the pickup design: A toned down version that looks more like a Raptor, and this version.

On the other hand, I’m not sure they can even get away with a car with this exact form and build thanks to all of our safety regulations. No need to worry about crumple zones, it will just crumple anything it hits.

I keep trying to figure out why I love this design and so many hate it and think I know. I love retro-futurism from the 80’s. I love the 80’s futuristic synth music that they played at the beginning as they were waiting to roll out the car. When they rolled it out, I looked at my wife and son and said, “Oh my god!”. This car is insane. Dent proof, bullet proof (just don’t throw a ball at the side windows), faster than a new Porsche 911, with a 6 foot truck bed that can go up to 500 miles and has its own ATV ramp that can charge the new Tesla electric ATV while it’s parked. If they make this exact car and it bombs, I guarantee it becomes a collectors car.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

Its too radical of a design to be used as a work truck. I don't see government or businesses buying it just for that reason.
That being said its a conversation piece. I can see celebrities buying it. I can see somebody like Arnold buying it since he's gone the EV route.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:49 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Cyber truck reveal tomorrow, iirc. I’m very curious to see what they’ve come up with. Some of the renders based on the shadowed teaser images make the thing look like an armored ATV. If Tesla can actually come up with something that credibly breaks into the pickup sales market, that would be insanely huge for the US.

One of the most hideous looking vehicles ever "designed" . . . and that's saying something.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject:

I have no need for a truck and I don't love or hate the design but I placed my order. I think its something cool and different to have. People I've told are already making fun of me but IDC.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

It looks like it’s geared towards city people who doesn’t need a pick up truck but wants a pick up truck
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

All the folks who tried to conceptualize what it would look like prior to the release weren't even close.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
It looks like it’s geared towards city people who doesn’t need a pick up truck but wants a pick up truck

I’m a city person and I’m not sure anyone I know would drive that thing. I’d say the target audience is more geared toward ostentatious attention seekers who are impervious to eye rolls.
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
governator wrote:

I’m a city person and I’m not sure anyone I know would drive that thing. I’d say the target audience is more geared toward ostentatious attention seekers who are impervious to eye rolls.

I've never been a truck person myself and I don't drive cars for attention. I think its a unique look that I know many people don't have a taste for but I'm not buying it for anyone else's sake except my own. Sure hate on it for looking like a prop from Mad Max but I don't think its fair to generalize everyone that gets one as an attention whore. At end of the day its a clean alternative to ICE trucks and that should be applauded.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

It’s the electric Humvee
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8
Jump to: