Lakers + Bulls + Bucks 3 Way Trade

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Lakers + Bulls + Bucks 3 Way Trade

Lakers In: Dwayne Wade + Spencer Hawes
Lakers Out: Julius Randle + Jordan Clarkson + Luol Deng + Rights to swap 1st round 2019 picks with Chicago (If swap not initiated, Bulls get their 2019 2nd round pick back)
Explanation: Salary dump for 2018 cap space

Bucks In: Jordan Clarkson + Robin Lopez
Bucks Out: Spencer Hawes + Greg Monroe
Explanation: More Guard depth with Clarkson and Lopez has less annual salary and 1 additional year to start at C.

Bulls In: Julius Randle + Greg Monroe + Luol Deng + 2019 Rights to Swap Picks with Lakers or 2019 2nd round pick
Bulls Out: Dwayne Wade + Robin Lopez
Explanation: A year to evaluate younger players in Monroe and Randle. Right to swap picks with Lakers or pick up a 2nd rounder. Have to take on Deng's salary, with whom they have familiarity with as a former Bull.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycr2ajz7

Edit: Other expiring contracts Lakers can target. Booker - Nets, Nelson - Nuggets, Frye - Cavs, Ariza - Rockets, Williams - Clippers, Wright - Memphis, Johnson - Jazz

Last edited by chekmatex4 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ibn Rushd
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:30 am    Post subject:

Randle AND Clarckson just to unload Deng ? When we can simply :

Stretch Deng
Let Randle walk or trade him for picks/expiring at the trade deadline
Trade Clarckson for expirings or picks (depeding on his production this upcoming season...) in the 2018 summer. He will have only 2 years left on his contract.

Honestly, I'm curious to see RAndle next to Lonzo. His value as a player and as an asset will probably go up. Might be the same with Clarckson. Let's wait I guess
misterrunon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:53 pm    Post subject:

Whether JC's contract has a net positive value is still yet to be determined, at least in my opinion.

We'd make out better in this deal than my proposed trade, so I'd prefer this one.

I can see why the Lakers/Bucks would do this, but I'm not sure why the Bulls would want to take on Deng's atrocity of a contract.

If I'm the Bulls, I am saying no to this trade... Julius + possible swap are not worth 2 extra years of Deng's contract (they'd be giving up an asset in RoLo too).. I'm probably talking about this in the wrong forum, since so many Laker fans seem to overvalue him. He's got a net positive value, but not 2 extra years of a bad contract type of value. Who knows, though.. it's the Bulls after all.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:21 am    Post subject:

Ibn Rushd wrote:
Randle AND Clarckson just to unload Deng ? When we can simply :

Stretch Deng
Let Randle walk or trade him for picks/expiring at the trade deadline
Trade Clarckson for expirings or picks (depeding on his production this upcoming season...) in the 2018 summer. He will have only 2 years left on his contract.

Honestly, I'm curious to see RAndle next to Lonzo. His value as a player and as an asset will probably go up. Might be the same with Clarckson. Let's wait I guess
Stretching Deng still is about a $7 million hit per season for 5 seasons and the goal is to maximize cap space. Trading Deng is the goal with stretching being the last resort.

I do like Randle on Offense only. He is terrible on Defense. He's athletic and can use his body to be physical on offense but his short arms and lack of effort/timing on defense hurt.

Lakers have to trade Clarkson at minimum. As you said, Lakers can just waive rights to Randle to get his cap hold off the books, however, this is not ideal as you would prefer to get something for him. Deng can be stretched but comes with a $7 million hit over 3 years. I think Clarkson can be traded but Deng is not tradeable unless you attach some assets to him. Randle may not be as appealing because he is essentially a rental with restrictions so it comes down to how other teams view him and whether they want to pay to retain him.

Last edited by chekmatex4 on Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:36 am; edited 2 times in total
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject:

misterrunon wrote:
Whether JC's contract has a net positive value is still yet to be determined, at least in my opinion.

We'd make out better in this deal than my proposed trade, so I'd prefer this one.

I can see why the Lakers/Bucks would do this, but I'm not sure why the Bulls would want to take on Deng's atrocity of a contract.

If I'm the Bulls, I am saying no to this trade... Julius + possible swap are not worth 2 extra years of Deng's contract (they'd be giving up an asset in RoLo too).. I'm probably talking about this in the wrong forum, since so many Laker fans seem to overvalue him. He's got a net positive value, but not 2 extra years of a bad contract type of value. Who knows, though.. it's the Bulls after all.
Bulls do this because they get to bird rights to Randle and Monroe in case they want to resign them. They take on Deng's contract because they have a lot of rookies, so Deng's contract comes off the books at the same time or before rookie contracts run out (Dunn, Markannen, Valentine). Deng's contract will help them satisfy the league minimum for a couple years and he can serve as a mentor.

By taking on Deng's contract, they pick up rights to Randle and Monroe and they get rights to swap 1st rounders or straight up get a 2nd round pick. (3 assets for taking on a liability)
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject:

no
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:52 am    Post subject:

22 wrote:
no

Exactly. And if I am the Bulls I unleash some bleeps before hanging up the phone.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: