OFFICIAL 2018 FREE AGENCY THREAD (7/24 Update: LAL Has Full 15 Man Roster; p.1 - Remaining FAs, Notable Expiring Contracts & Lakers' 2019 Cap)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2676, 2677, 2678, 2679, 2680  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

Magic even went to Italy. So FA is done
kawhileonard
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
adkindo wrote:
^^^honestly just do not see Wade coming to the Lakers. Doubt Lebron even would want that dynamic again. Still think he plays another in South Beach or may go to China. My money is on South Beach.

How realistic is China for him? I know he has kids. That's a huge sacrifice to move your kids to China. I don't even know what the parental custody situation is between him and his ex. Also, his son is a prospect. Where would he play in China?

Would be surprised if he actually moved his family to China for the next 3 years. Too much strain on the family.

China is unrealistic. Unlike other players, Wade's wife is rich and he doesn't need a last paycheck....

I think Miami as well unless he signs for a min. Miami has Waiters coming back this season and really doesn't need Wade....
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Please let the rockets trade for JR Smith
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

What do they have to trade? Anderson?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Have not really followed...just saw this:

Quote:
Via @ZachLowe_NBA & @Herring_NBA Houston Rockets are looking to add a wing. Some names they mentioned were Bazemore, Carroll, JR Smith, Tyler Johnson

Rockets likely offering Ryan Anderson + 2019 first
Lakersmafia
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:
Via @ZachLowe_NBA & @Herring_NBA Houston Rockets are looking to add a wing. Some names they mentioned were Bazemore, Carroll, JR Smith, Tyler Johnson

What about a Deng for Anderson deal?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

I would love to Deng/2nd for bazemore.

Deng helps them team and provide vet presence
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Magic even went to Italy. So FA is done

Off to celebrate that LeBron signing.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:12 am    Post subject:

I think Brandon Bass would have been the perfect Center for this team. Great rebounder and defender. Fast enough to defend the perimeter strong enough to defend bigger centers. He just took 2 mill to play in China I think.

Death lineup could have been

Bass
LA Bron
Kuzma
Hart
Ingram
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
I think Brandon Bass would have been the perfect Center for this team. Great rebounder and defender. Fast enough to defend the perimeter strong enough to defend bigger centers. He just took 2 mill to play in China I think.

Bass
LA Bron
Kuzma
Hart
Ingram

He's lost more than a few steps. I understand the concept, but he's not really a rotation player in the NBA anymore.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:

Bass
LA Bron
Kuzma
Hart
Ingram

I don't think a 33 year old undersized C that wasn't even in the NBA last year would be a good option. Probably a reason why no NBA team is interested in him
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:

Bass
LA Bron
Kuzma
Hart
Ingram

It really is too bad the Lakers could not find one of these kind of guys. Would have helped this season. ....

Where o' where would a player with those skills be hiding?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:

Bass
LA Bron
Kuzma
Hart
Ingram

can't wait for the season to start so minds can stop wandering like this
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:41 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Bass
LA Bron
Kuzma
Hart
Ingram

It really is too bad the Lakers could not find one of these kind of guys. Would have helped this season. ....

He apparently didn't want a 1 year deal from the Lakers.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:49 am    Post subject:

Lakersmafia wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

What about a Deng for Anderson deal?

Doubtful that Deng is the wing they are looking for
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Bass
LA Bron
Kuzma
Hart
Ingram

Which brings up the question of why would they only offer a one year deal? If that is what happened. Still not sure of exactly what happened from the reports. Lots of speculation but few facts to my knowledge.

I realize this is my complaining over spilled milk but it still sticks in my mind as the biggest mistake of the summer by the Lakers. I know some do not agree but IMO Randle is trending to be a damn good player. And the Lakers just let him walk for very confusing reasons.

It becomes even more glaring when comments of Laker roster needs (like the Bass post) are discussed. Can't stop thinking the Lakers FO had a "miss the forest for the trees" free agency.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Bass
LA Bron
Kuzma
Hart
Ingram

Which brings up the question of why would they only offer a one year deal? If that is what happened. Still not sure of exactly what happened from the reports. Lots of speculation but few facts to my knowledge.

I realize this is my complaining over spilled milk but it still sticks in my mind as the biggest mistake of the summer by the Lakers. I know some do not agree but IMO Randle is trending to be a damn good player. And the Lakers just let him walk for very confusing reasons.

It becomes even more glaring when comments of Laker roster needs (like the Bass post) are discussed. Can't stop thinking the Lakers FO had a "miss the forest for the trees" free agency.

It's also b/c Jules wasn't reportedly pleased about his role going forward. IMO, he's always thought of himself as a LBJ style player who would have the ball in his hands, and that is obviously not a role that was possible with...LBJ himself here. Lakers also wanted to keep their cap clear for 2019 for another max FA. I'm sure they offered the QO (about 5m) but he didn't want that so they agreed to let him go.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Bass
LA Bron
Kuzma
Hart
Ingram

It's also b/c Jules wasn't reportedly pleased about his role going forward. IMO, he's always thought of himself as a LBJ style player who would have the ball in his hands, and that is obviously not a role that was possible with...LBJ himself here. Lakers also wanted to keep their cap clear for 2019 for another max FA. I'm sure they offered the QO (about 5m) but he didn't want that so they agreed to let him go.

IMO they should have been looking at locking him down for multiple years. Especially in this cap year where salaries were significantly less then most years. The cycle could have worked in the Lakers favor.

Old argument but still hasn't changed IMO. Randle should have been a higher priority by the FO. Multi skilled developing 23 year old that potentially could learn how to be that player he believes himself to be playing beside James for the next 3-4 years.

I get the arguments against him that state his weaknesses. I tend to focus on what he does well. Perhaps I am overrating him. But to me, one hell of a foundation piece was lost when he really didn't need to be. Wasted asset and opportunity IMO.

Time to move on but every so often my frustration on this decision will flair up. Especially if he has a great year in NO.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:04 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Bass
LA Bron
Kuzma
Hart
Ingram

He's lost more than a few steps. I understand the concept, but he's not really a rotation player in the NBA anymore.

I have to admit I haven’t seen him so I didn’t know that.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:05 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:

Bass
LA Bron
Kuzma
Hart
Ingram

In NEw Orleans lol
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Old argument but still hasn't changed IMO. Randle should have been a higher priority by the FO. Multi skilled developing 23 year old that potentially could learn how to be that player he believes himself to be playing beside James for the next 3-4 years.

Maybe (and I wanted him to be a part of the long term future). But we are replacing him with LBJ and will have a max slot for 2019. All's not lost. And he may be changing teams if he plays well for the Pels, so he may be a 1 year rental (and still has to beat out Mirotic for the starting spot IMO).
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Maybe (and I wanted him to be a part of the long term future). But we are replacing him with LBJ and will have a max slot for 2019. All's not lost. And he may be changing teams if he plays well for the Pels, so he may be a 1 year rental (and still has to beat out Mirotic for the starting spot IMO).

sums up my thoughts perfectly...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:16 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Jules clearly wants more than 9m/year (he was willing to take 12m/year last summer). So it would make a 2019 max spot a bit tricky if he got something like 12-14m/year.
Wildchild027
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Jules clearly wants more than 9m/year (he was willing to take 12m/year last summer). So it would make a 2019 max spot a bit tricky if he got something like 12-14m/year.

Especially when the guys in the front office love how they draft players. We use to trade every pick. Now, it looks like we are trying to pay top end talent, and fill out the rest of the roster with young, developmental, talent.

Not saying I agree, but I do understand.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Simply not a fan of how this played out. I did not view it as "replacing Randle with James". I can see them playing together. Or Randle getting mpg as James is on the bench.

I would have preferred the Lakers establish some continuity and player chemistry. On paper I like this roster. We will have to see how that translates to the court. I would have preferred less focus on one year deals and "next summer" and more on this team, this year. JMO but Randle should have been more of a priority.

And I am not looking at this season as lost. Actually becoming much more optimistic then I ever expected. FO just needs to remain patient and reluctant to the temptations of the next big move until next summer. Then the argument over free agents and roster turnover can begin again.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2676, 2677, 2678, 2679, 2680  Next
Page 2677 of 2680
Jump to: