Were does Randle end up if he gets traded?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Were does Randle end up if he gets traded?

Think Pop would want him?

Randle for Green + Parker?
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject:

I was actually about to start a thread about Julius Randle's trade value. I think he'd be a great fit next to Porzingis
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

Pop would love him and the Spurs actually develop young players.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

I think that unfortunately the most value the Lakers can get from a Randle trade would be for a bench prospect who could use a larger role, his upcoming extension might make him more of a trade liability than an asset

Not trying to dump on him, just being realistic. If I was another team's GM he's not the power forward I'm calling about unless the team is in dire need of a power forward.

I think the Bulls or Knicks make the most sense. If the Lakers could pick up McDermott or Valentine that wouldn't be too bad all things considered. The fit isn't good for Denver but I really wish there was a way LAL could get Malik Beasley

I think Randle is better than these guys for sure, but at this point it's getting close to getting something for your seventh overall pick or losing him for nothing.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Pop would love him and the Spurs actually develop young players.

Sure. I really liked the development track the Lakers had Randle on last year. I don't like his new role on the team at all
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

Turn the tables and if Randle were on another team, do you trade for an upcoming RFA? I would if I could dump an ugly salary in the process.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Turn the tables and if Randle were on another team, do you trade for an upcoming RFA? I would if I could dump an ugly salary in the process.

But it would have to be another expiring salary heading out since the Lakers aren't taking on more than one year deals... so it's a slim list of options here.

I think it's as simple as a rebuilding or borderline playoff team in need of a power forward (perhaps a player is injured) with some overlapping bench depth
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Randle has had enough great moments to take himself off the trade able, at least for now, and after watching how they played in the second half of the Pelican game, my new starting line-up would be:

PG: Ball
SG: Clarkson
SF: Kuzma
PF: Nance
C: Randle

ENERGY>>>>!
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Any team that has an expiring contract to send back to the Lakers.

Booker - Nets, Monroe - Bucks, Frye - Cavs, Wright - Memphis, Johnson - Jazz, Ariza - Rockets, Williams - Clippers

If Lakers ultimate goal is to get as much cap space in 2018, the 3 players that have to go are Clarkson (3 years remaining), Randle (expiring whose bird rights we'd have to waive), and Deng (3 years remaining).

I think we can move Clarkson pretty easily. Deng is pretty much untradeable and will likely be stretched at the end of the season. That leaves Randle; do we trade him for something or lose him for nothing once we waive his rights as a free agent?

Lakers might want to keep the flexibility of maintaining his rights until the free agents agree to sign with the Lakers and we need that space. If we strike out on free agency again, then we can approach Randle's camp about resigning. Of course this is dependent on other teams signing Randle to an offer sheet.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: