OFFICIAL GOLF THREAD: BREAKING - OMAR GETS AN ACE!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:48 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Rahm is the fastest player to 3 wins in a calendar year since Johnny Miller did it in 1975. Not even Tiger has accumulated 3 wins by February 19th.

That’s amazing.

I wonder how many records will fall due to the current conditions.

I didn’t realize last years Genesis winner went to LIV Tour. Joaquin Neimann.

There is a possibly fake Greg Norman quote going around social media that he said Jon Rahm would be middle of the pack at LIV.

Probably not fake. Norman has said a number of ridiculous things in his efforts to pump up the league of which he's the figure head. Can't really blame him. It's his job to pump up attention for the fledgling league. But it doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

LOL. I golf like 8-10 time per month and am in various group texts with my golfing buddies, and we're about 50:50 on whether or not it is real. Norman has been saying some crazy stuff. We've been leaning towards fake, but still not that far off of reality.

Norman did make this recent tweet about a PGA vs LIV event

https://twitter.com/SharkGregNorman/status/1621629900368101381?s=20
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:14 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LOL. I golf like 8-10 time per month and am in various group texts with my golfing buddies, and we're about 50:50 on whether or not it is real. Norman has been saying some crazy stuff. We've been leaning towards fake, but still not that far off of reality.

Yeah, that's the crazy thing . . . at this point it's not beyond belief that he'd say such a thing. If he did, the quote will blow up in the golf media soon enough. It's been all over this stuff. They are loving the (bleep) show that is the launch of LIV, and who could blame them? WWE type "drama" comes to the stuffy world of golf.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 7:37 am    Post subject:

Is anyone else watching "Full Swing" on Netflix?

Pretty interesting behind the scenes footage of the PGA Tour and the LIV challenge they are facing. I found especially the Brooks Koepka parts very interesting.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:37 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Is anyone else watching "Full Swing" on Netflix?

Pretty interesting behind the scenes footage of the PGA Tour and the LIV challenge they are facing. I found especially the Brooks Koepka parts very interesting.

Yep. I'm really enjoying it. I'm through ep. 5 at this point. I really liked the first episode that tracked the Spieth/Thomas friendship/"rivalry". The Brooks episode was "meh" to me, but I find him too be totally uninteresting and too much of a Dude-Bro (a little the same with DJ), so that wasn't a surprise. But to me, by far the best episodes so far are 4 and 5 which focused on Joel Dahmen and Matt Fitzpatrick respectively. Just two regular dudes, so different than the alpha-male, high-profile stars we always see, just battling it out day to day to stay on the tour; unlikely heroes putting in the work, out of the spotlight. I especially liked the Dahmen epsiode and hearing about losing his mom to cancer and then battling it himself. And the Fitzpatrick episode, highlighting what unlikely powerhouse he is given his tiny stature and his dedication to playing the game at a high level (and the unfortunate crap he deals with from the Coors Light swilling lunkheads in the gallery).

Definitely a great show, and I'm looking forward to the last three and wishing there were more.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:17 pm    Post subject:

^In regard to Koepka, what I found interesting was how honest he was about his loss of confidence and the fact that he is not sure he can compete with the top players anymore.

Makes his move to LIV Golf a bit easier to understand in hindsight, he didn't think he could cut it at the top level of the PGA Tour anymore.

I agree with you on Joel Dahmen. After watching that episode, he is a very easy to guy to root for and his self-deprecating attitude cracks me up.

Really good show, I have already watched 7 of the 8 episodes as I liked it enough to want to "save" the last one.

Hopefully we see a second edition to this show, the pro golf world is very interesting right now...at least to me lol.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:21 am    Post subject:

I guess my thing was that by the time that the Koepka episode aired, much of his struggle had already been discussed by the golf media for a while. So it really didn't inform much; it just kind of expanded upon it a bit.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:58 am    Post subject:

Tiger's on the course. He's reported to be hitting it solidly. I watched him walk. He has a noticeable limp. I wonder if he can hold up. I wish him well. Hope he gives his fans something to cheer on.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 12:30 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Tiger's on the course. He's reported to be hitting it solidly. I watched him walk. He has a noticeable limp. I wonder if he can hold up. I wish him well. Hope he gives his fans something to cheer on.

As someone said to one of the participants, "If Tiger shows up, you could play naked and no one will notice you."
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:32 am    Post subject:

Jon Rahm four putted the first hole for a double bogey and proceeded to go birdie-birdie to get back to even. A bad hole to start often leads to a championship win. Look out for Rahm today.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:32 am    Post subject:

Fred Couples with a 1 under 71. You love to see it.

Rahm has it to -4 after that 4-putt on #1.

Hovland with the round of the day so far, -7 through 14.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:45 am    Post subject:

What an incredible performance from Rahm, shoots a 65 and ties Hovland for the lead after the 4-putt on 1.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:30 pm    Post subject:

Those few strokes at the top could be huge with rain projected for the next three days.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:57 pm    Post subject:

You have to hand it to the Aussie amateur, Sam Bennet. That was an impressive first day for a young guy playing on such an enormous stage.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:05 am    Post subject:

Koepka got a good draw with the weather this morning. It’s gonna be warm and rainy with lightening this afternoon. Tomorrow is set to be cold and raining.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:58 am    Post subject:

Koepka might win this thing. If he wins, it'll be his 5th major and he would have completed 3/4ths of the career slam.

It'll also jump him ahead of McIlroy (4).

It'll also be the first major win by a LIV golfer.

Long way to go.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 12:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

He'll probably make the cut but he'll just be a participant for the weekend. He's too far back.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Koepka laying in bed being fed grapes while these other guys stress about when the round will resume.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 2:15 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

He'll probably make the cut but he'll just be a participant for the weekend. He's too far back.

If he makes the cut he'll probably have the largest following. Like DMR posted As someone said to one of the participants, "If Tiger shows up, you could play naked and no one will notice you."

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 4:05 pm    Post subject:

Tiger simply can't do this physically for 72 holes, not when walking is required. This is different from any other physical ailment he's ever had. He still has great length off the tee, that's no problem. He still has his touch and imagination around the greens. He can still shape any shot with his irons. But he really struggles to get around the course, literally. He noticeably limps by the end of any round. He legit almost had his foot amputated and one of his lower legs (is it the right leg?) clearly does not look like it's straight, it's like there's a little bend in it from how mangled up it was. So it's really a miracle he's even playing golf competitively. If he wants to play the Champions Tour (at least in the majors?) where he can use a cart, I suspect he would fare much better. But I fear his days of contending on the PGA Tour are long over.

I'm rooting for a Koepka-Rahm final group on Sunday with everything on the line. A PGA Tour-LIV Battle Royale! Give me maximum drama and chaos!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:15 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Tiger simply can't do this physically for 72 holes, not when walking is required. This is different from any other physical ailment he's ever had. He still has great length off the tee, that's no problem. He still has his touch and imagination around the greens. He can still shape any shot with his irons. But he really struggles to get around the course, literally. He noticeably limps by the end of any round. He legit almost had his foot amputated and one of his lower legs (is it the right leg?) clearly does not look like it's straight, it's like there's a little bend in it from how mangled up it was. So it's really a miracle he's even playing golf competitively. If he wants to play the Champions Tour (at least in the majors?) where he can use a cart, I suspect he would fare much better. But I fear his days of contending on the PGA Tour are long over.

I'm rooting for a Koepka-Rahm final group on Sunday with everything on the line. A PGA Tour-LIV Battle Royale! Give me maximum drama and chaos!

Tiger admits he's not physically able to play a lot of tournaments. He kidded he has 3 more years before he can get in the buggy with Fred Couples.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:01 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

I’d be down for that, and I’d love to see Rahm take down Koepka. It’d be a true good versus evil battle.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject:

The rules committee is reviewing their decision to not penalize Koepka for the incident where he and his caddie told Woodland he hit a 5 iron on his second shot at 15 yesterday.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2023 10:47 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
The rules committee is reviewing their decision to not penalize Koepka for the incident where he and his caddie told Woodland he hit a 5 iron on his second shot at 15 yesterday.

I must have missed it, and I don't quite get it from how you worded this. Can you elaborate further?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:19 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I must have missed it, and I don't quite get it from how you worded this. Can you elaborate further?

Sorry should have linked. There was an incident where Koepka’s team had appeared to help Woodland by telling him what club he just hit. A violation of the rule that says no player can give another advice.

AUGUSTA, Ga. — Masters rules officials on Friday revisited a potential issue from the first round involving tournament leader Brooks Koepka, Gary Woodland and their caddies after they finished the second round at Augusta National.

The issue seemed to be resolved after Thursday’s opening round, when Masters officials deemed that Koepka’s caddie, Ricky Elliott, had not breached the rules against giving advice when he appeared to say aloud what club Koepka had used from the fairway.

On Friday, Masters Tournament Committee members questioned Koepka, showing him and Woodland video from the 15th hole.

LINK
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2023 7:55 am    Post subject:

If they were going to penalize Koepka for the caddy thing, they should have done it after the round.

Taking strokes away now would have me crying foul.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 25 of 33
Jump to: