OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8222, 8223, 8224 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zambia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^
I wanted Seth at least a couple of summers ago, can't remember when he was a free agent and being discussed at first on here. Dude flat-out shoots it. Obviously he doesn't have the gravity on the court as his brother, but when he's wide open, he's really almost as good. He's never had a season of under 42% shooting from 3. He's crazy underpaid imo.

It was the Magic Johnson POBO year where he let Brook Lopez walk, signed Rondo, Lance Stephenson, Beasley, and then traded Zu for a Muscala rental and Svi plus a future 2nd for a rental of that dude with the dreadlocks updo at the trade deadline.

Brook Lopez (MIL) and Seth Curry (POR) both signed for less than what Magic signed Lance Stephenson for.

Who was the GM?
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

ChickenStu wrote:
^
I wanted Seth at least a couple of summers ago, can't remember when he was a free agent and being discussed at first on here. Dude flat-out shoots it. Obviously he doesn't have the gravity on the court as his brother, but when he's wide open, he's really almost as good. He's never had a season of under 42% shooting from 3. He's crazy underpaid imo.

2019 but that was the summer of Kawhi. There was mutual interest but he signed with Dallas
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

32 wrote:
Quote:
Luol Deng is now officially off of the Lakers' cap sheet.

Magic stretched his contract to give KCP a little more money. But the original sin is on Mitch. 2016 was horrible.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

lakerican wrote:
levon wrote:
ocho wrote:
Quote:
Minnesota Timberwolves star Karl-Anthony Towns has agreed on a four-year, $224M super max extension, his agent Jessica Holtz of @CAA_Basketball tells ESPN. Deal begins with the 2024-25 season and delivers Towns’ total contract value to six years and $295M.

That's over a quarter billion dollars to a guy who scored like 2 points in a play-in game.

Well, AD scored 0 pts.

What an intelligent argument!
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

zambia wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

It was the Magic Johnson POBO year where he let Brook Lopez walk, signed Rondo, Lance Stephenson, Beasley, and then traded Zu for a Muscala rental and Svi plus a future 2nd for a rental of that dude with the dreadlocks updo at the trade deadline.

Brook Lopez (MIL) and Seth Curry (POR) both signed for less than what Magic signed Lance Stephenson for.

Who was the GM?

Pelinka
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:10 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

2019 but that was the summer of Kawhi. There was mutual interest but he signed with Dallas

It was the year before the Kawhi year. Lakers still had Lonzo and BI. He was coming off of an injury year and signed for a couple million with Portland.

Last edited by Baron Von Humongous on Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:10 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

If we didn’t go all in on the Kawhi pursuit and prioritized Seth Curry he would have come here
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:12 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Beefy little boy drafted during a Taco Bell commercial has signed the biggest deal in NBA history.

Quote:
Denver Nuggets two-time MVP Nikola Jokic has agreed to the largest deal in NBA history – a five-year, $270M super maximum contract extension, his agents Jeff Schwartz and Mike Lindeman of @Excelbasketball tell ESPN. Deal includes player option and trade kicker.

I love him. I need him to be a Laker at some point in his career even if he's 40.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:13 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Beefy little boy drafted during a Taco Bell commercial has signed the biggest deal in NBA history.

Quote:
Denver Nuggets two-time MVP Nikola Jokic has agreed to the largest deal in NBA history – a five-year, $270M super maximum contract extension, his agents Jeff Schwartz and Mike Lindeman of @Excelbasketball tell ESPN. Deal includes player option and trade kicker.

I love him. I need him to be a Laker at some point in his career even if he's 40.

he can be our marc gasol in 7 years
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:14 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers didn't have to use the TPMLE.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:14 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:

he can be our marc gasol in 7 years

ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:15 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

It was the year before the Kawhi year. Lakers still had Lonzo and BI. He was coming off of an injury year and signed for a couple million with Portland.

Wasn’t he a free agent when he eventually signed with Dallas? Then he was traded to Philly. I feel like we were interested in him when we had cap room but we were waiting on Kawhi so he signed with the Mavs. I remember really wanting him because he would be perfect next to LeBron
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:18 pm    Post subject:

zambia wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^

Who was the GM?

Yea, I remember that summer…it sucked. We also rescinded the QO (5.8 mil) to Randle, our leading scorer that year so he walked for nothing as well as let Thomas Bryant walk for nothing…then tried Beasley at center.

Pelinka was the GM, gotta redeem himself this year or fired.
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:19 pm    Post subject:

King Kleazy wrote:
Without diving into the detailed math I can see a end scenario somewhere close to this as one deal or two for BKN:

Ayton/ Russ / picks - indy
Kyrie / Harris - LAL
KD / Hield - PHX
Turner / Brogdan / Bridges / picks - BKN

Some interchange depending on money off course, but allows all parties to get something that fits and allows Brooklyn to build with pieces that fit simmons

Does Ayton want to play in Indiana?

This certainly looks reasonable/possible to me.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:20 pm    Post subject:

So I guess OKC didn't use that cap space.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:21 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:

Quote:

You love ❤️ him?

Moving right on…
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:22 pm    Post subject:

Walker is a good add as a vet min only. Rob dropped the ball. OPJ should have been our target
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:22 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:

You love ❤️ him?

Moving right on…

There are queer posters here, you know that, right?
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:26 pm    Post subject:

If someone pays Miles Bridges they are going to look horrible. He may end up with the qualifying offer.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

Seems like Pelinka has a theme every year for free agency. This year is "athleticism." Last year, was shooting. It's always combined with preserving future cap space.

With his largest exceptions, it seems like we will go to a Plan B which usually involves one of the Klutch clients at the last minute needing some $$$.

Oh, and, usually...almost always...there seems to be a correction off a previous mistake. Bringing back someone he let go that he shouldn't have in the first place. Did that once again this year with Jones.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

Thad Young's 2-year deal with Toronto was a veteran extension, not a free agent contract, so he's technically eligible to be traded right away, I believe. Just some housekeeping there.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:27 pm    Post subject:

I'm starting to think the Kyrie trade won't go down because they don't want Westbrook. I don't think the odds are that great that a 3rd team would take Westbrook.
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:28 pm    Post subject:

Miles bridges, wtf is wrong with u man
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:28 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
ocho wrote:

Quote:

You love ❤️ him?

Moving right on…

There are queer posters here, you know that, right?

West Hollywood Queer?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2022 8:29 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I'm starting to think the Kyrie trade won't go down because they don't want Westbrook. I don't think the odds are that great that a 3rd team would take Westbrook.

Lots of posturing right now 32, both parties will eventually come to their senses.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8222, 8223, 8224 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 8223 of 8560
Jump to: