Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:10 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
My son, the video gamer and total nerd told me to watch The Legend of Vox Machina on Amazon Prime. Thank God I didn't spend all that money on his college education for nothing.

If you like fantasy and animation with inappropriate amounts of sex and violence you should check it out.

I watched E1. Language and sexual images are not for children.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:32 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:
My son, the video gamer and total nerd told me to watch The Legend of Vox Machina on Amazon Prime. Thank God I didn't spend all that money on his college education for nothing.

If you like fantasy and animation with inappropriate amounts of sex and violence you should check it out.

Definitely not for children. Mine are both in their 20s and out of the house. I can finally watch the cartoons I like.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:11 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:
jodeke wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Definitely not for children. Mine are both in their 20s and out of the house. I can finally watch the cartoons I like.

How about others?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:31 pm    Post subject:

ElginBaylor wrote:

My wife and I love that one, its a lot of fun. Based on the DnD series by a bunch of well known voice actors. One of the girls, who plays the gnome cleric whose name I forget, is the voice of Ellie in the Last of Us game.

There is a great animated series, 1 season only (at least so far), called Arcane. Not sure if its been discussed here already but its amazing. I heard cyberpunk: edgerunners is really good too, but I haven't seen it
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

My wife and I love that one, its a lot of fun. Based on the DnD series by a bunch of well known voice actors. One of the girls, who plays the gnome cleric whose name I forget, is the voice of Ellie in the Last of Us game.

There is a great animated series, 1 season only (at least so far), called Arcane. Not sure if its been discussed here already but its amazing. I heard cyberpunk: edgerunners is really good too, but I haven't seen it

I've been seeing good reviews on it. If both you guys vouch for it. I'll give Vox Machina a shot.

Theseus. I've seen Cyberpunk:Edgerunners. It's definitely worth a watch. If you're into futuristic, animated content.
ElginBaylor
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:37 am    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
ElginBaylor wrote:

Arcane is fantastic.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:57 pm    Post subject:

I really am enjoying Maid on Netflix.
Gives me early seasons of Shameless vibe. When Fiona was running the house.

IMDB gives it a 8.4, I give it a 9.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:28 am    Post subject:

I watched all 12 episodes of Vox Machina. If you're into animations I recommend it. I think there will be a season 2 of The Legend Of Vox Machina sometime in early 2023.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 6:43 am    Post subject:

Just watched the first 2 episodes of the final season of Snowfall. Really enjoyed it. Happy the show is back.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:58 pm    Post subject:

The series is based on the life of "Freeway Rick" Ross. He was sentenced to life in prison under the 3 strike law. It was commuted to 20 years. He was released in 2009. I think the CIA was involved in his drug dealings and was influential in his release.

C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:09 am    Post subject:

My friends made me watch The Last of Us s1e1-e7. It's like someone watched the walking dead s1, hated all the good stuff about it and just kept the useless relationship pap. 0/10

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:21 am    Post subject:

IMO The Last Of Us lacks excitement. The last episode had a little drama. I thought they're gonna kill Joel. I asked myself, where does it go from here? It ended with Ellie sewing him up. IMO it's a slow show but I'll keep watching.

Triumph
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:01 pm    Post subject:

I think The Last of Us is great.

I don't play video games so the story is all new to me. The characters are well-written and the story is compelling.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:17 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
IMO The Last Of Us lacks excitement. The last episode had a little drama. I thought they're gonna kill Joel. I asked myself, where does it go from here? It ended with Ellie sewing him up. IMO it's a slow show but I'll keep watching.

That show and Godfather of Harlem. Those 2 shows I'm waiting for the season to finish. Then I'll binge them. Feel like I'll enjoy them more that way.

Week to week I'll watch Snowfall, Servant, Poker Face, Mayor of Kingstown, and Your Honor .

Also, were you the one who recommended 1923?

I binged that this past weekend. Overall, I really enjoyed it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:19 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

That show and Godfather of Harlem. Those 2 shows I'm waiting for the season to finish. Then I'll binge them. Feel like I'll enjoy them more that way.

Week to week I'll watch Snowfall, Servant, Poker Face, Mayor of Kingstown, and Your Honor .

Also, were you the one who recommended 1923?

I binged that this past weekend. Overall, I really enjoyed it.

I didn't recommend 1923. I only watch the 1st episode and forgot about it. I'm a Helen Mirren fan. I have the series recorded. I'll watch it when I have the time.

I'm watching The Godfather Of Harlem and Snowfall. Both series are based on real-life people. The Mayor Of Kingstown is a fictionalized version of a real location. Another series I was watching and forgot to continue.

Haven't seen Poker Face or Your Honor. I'll give them a peek. I can't get into Servant, I'm trying.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I didn't recommend 1923. I only watch the 1st episode and forgot about it. I'm a Helen Mirren fan. I have the series recorded. I'll watch it when I have the time.

I'm watching The Godfather Of Harlem and Snowfall. Both series are based on real-life people. The Mayor Of Kingstown is a fictionalized version of a real location. Another series I was watching and forgot to continue.

Haven't seen Poker Face or Your Honor. I'll give them a peek. I can't get into Servant, I'm trying.

Honestly, Servant isn't for everyone. And it's not one of those shows that needs a couple episodes then you like it. It is what it is. Start to finish. So maybe just drop it, if it isn't your thing.

Your Honor is an interesting show. Solid cast. Solid premise. Should be an 8-9 out of 10. But is actually a 7-8 out of 10. Tough for me to put my finger on why. Maybe its the editing. Maybe it's the pace. But give it a try. You might like it.

Poker Face is unlike all the other shows we talked about. Much lighter. Changes cast week to week (has some great guest stars though).
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:22 am    Post subject:

I've started to watch The Mayor Of Kingstown again. I remember Dianne Wiest from the Associate with Whoopie Goldberg. Mike McLusky (Jeremy Renner) is a bad mofo. He straight kicks ass. What I don't like about the series is every other word is a f... bomb. IMO it's over used.

dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Another tear jerker from The Last Of Us tonight. I definitely got chocked up in episode 3 and tonight’s episode 8. Next week will be the season finale at episode 9 I think.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Did y’all see the Chris Rock Netflix, I didn’t enjoy it. Can’t remember laughing much and kinda cringe when he went in Will/Jada but gotta give him props for doing a live show, big cojones
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:39 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Did y’all see the Chris Rock Netflix, I didn’t enjoy it. Can’t remember laughing much and kinda cringe when he went in Will/Jada but gotta give him props for doing a live show, big cojones

I turned it off. It wasn't Chris Rock funny. I'll try again. Some of the laughter seemed canned. What really turned me off what his use of the N word.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:48 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Another tear jerker from The Last Of Us tonight. I definitely got chocked up in episode 3 and tonight’s episode 8. Next week will be the season finale at episode 9 I think.

Joel got well fast. I was wondering why he was killing the people he did. I was with the preacher until cannibalism was introduced. Ellie is a badass. It's not a fast moving series but it's captivating. Looking forward to the finale.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:49 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Joel got well fast. I was wondering why he was killing the people he did. I was with the preacher until cannibalism was introduced. Ellie is a badass. It's not a fast moving series but it's captivating. Looking forward to the finale.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:51 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Joel got well fast. Went from death bed to killer with a lot of strength. I was wondering why he was killing the people he did. I was with the preacher until cannibalism was introduced. Ellie is a badass. It's not a fast moving series but it's captivating. Looking forward to the finale.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:54 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Joel got well fast. Went from death bed to killer with a lot of strength quick and in a hurry. I was wondering why he was killing the people he did. I was with the preacher until cannibalism was introduced. Ellie is a badass. It's not a fast moving series but it's captivating. Looking forward to the finale.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:55 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Joel got well fast. Went from death bed to killer with a lot of strength quick and in a hurry. I was wondering why he was killing the people he did. I was with the preacher until cannibalism was introduced. Ellie is a badass. It's not a fast moving series but it's captivating. Looking forward to the finale.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 91 of 111
Jump to: