Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 29029
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2023 4:55 pm    Post subject:

Binged Pantheon. 2 Seasons. 16 episodes total.

Starts off as a pretty run of the mill sci-fi show. And progressively climbs higher and higher. It's rated an 8.2 on IMDB.

I guess that's fair. What makes it unique is its premise. The final episode I'd give a 10.

8.2 is a fair rating. I might rate it a tad lower though.
_________________
"Every hurt is a lesson, and every lesson makes you better”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 66892
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:53 am    Post subject:

LUPIN

Hubert Pellegrini was shown in the fanale closing scene of LUPIN. I thought that indicated there would be a season 4. Assane Diop is a master thief, Hubert Pellegrini is rich. To me that gives him an advantage in prison. How will Assane's trade match up?

Quote:
Lupin season 4 has yet to be confirmed, but creator George Kay has expressed his hopes for a renewal, indicating that the story is far from over. The release date for Lupin season 4 is uncertain, with predictions indicating a late 2024 release at the earliest.

5 days ago

_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 21403

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:49 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Binging The Fall of the House of Usher. It's alright so far.

Really enjoyed this monologue. "When life hands you lemons..."


The reveal at the end was a nice touch, kinda drag a lil in the middle tho


I finished Usher in the gym this morning. I thought the series overall was “meh”. A bit slow at times and some gore. The final episode was pretty riveting though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 29029
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:59 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Binging The Fall of the House of Usher. It's alright so far.

Really enjoyed this monologue. "When life hands you lemons..."


The reveal at the end was a nice touch, kinda drag a lil in the middle tho


I finished Usher in the gym this morning. I thought the series overall was “meh”. A bit slow at times and some gore. The final episode was pretty riveting though.


I just read spoilers after 3-4 episodes and called it a day.
It was a bit too formulaic for me.
Mike Flanagan will never be able to top his work The Haunting of Hill House. But I appreciate his effort I guess.
_________________
"Every hurt is a lesson, and every lesson makes you better”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 29029
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 5:02 am    Post subject:

Waiting patiently for Scavengers Reign to end. They are releasing 3 episodes a week. 12 in total.

Two weeks from now, I'll have a fun binge.

The reviews currently have it as a 9.0 on IMDB:

_________________
"Every hurt is a lesson, and every lesson makes you better”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 24832

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:21 am    Post subject:

Watching rabbit hole, it’s entertaining but just can’t expect 24 good lol
_________________
“The main goal for the Lakers is to win a championship. All I care about, all we care about, is to raise another banner in the rafters.“
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 5950

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Finished Severance.

First 6 episodes were tough for me to get through but it pays off with the last 3. Not sure how many people I’ll be recommending this to..it can be quite an investment. I know a lot of people love it throughout but it was hard for me.

Looking forward to s2…kind of wish I waited to binge!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 16519

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2023 8:12 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Watching rabbit hole, it’s entertaining but just can’t expect 24 good lol

I enjoyed it but i never watched 24. i thought they had some nice twists and turns.
_________________
Kobe.
https://www.instagram.com/reel/Clw9scopegx/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 29029
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2023 12:55 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Finished Severance.

First 6 episodes were tough for me to get through but it pays off with the last 3. Not sure how many people I’ll be recommending this to..it can be quite an investment. I know a lot of people love it throughout but it was hard for me.

Looking forward to s2…kind of wish I waited to binge!


I liked it from jump. Just because it is a brand new premise, I've never seen before.

People say that or The Bear was the best show of 2022.
But I don't think it is anywhere near as good as The Bear.
_________________
"Every hurt is a lesson, and every lesson makes you better”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 29029
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:46 pm    Post subject:

Just caught up on The Morning Show before the finale premieres in 15 minutes.

This season is nucking futs!
_________________
"Every hurt is a lesson, and every lesson makes you better”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor


Joined: 29 Dec 2002
Posts: 13669

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 5:53 pm    Post subject:

I'm working my way through the second season of The Bear.

The episode "Fishes" left a huge impression on me. It's the most chaotic, well acted, well executed hour of television that I've seen in a long time. And it hit close to home.

Jamie Lee Curtis deserves Emmy considerations for her performance, as well as Jon Bernthal.

Overall, The Bear is a fantastic show.
_________________
¡Hala Madrid!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 24832

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
LUPIN

Hubert Pellegrini was shown in the fanale closing scene of LUPIN. I thought that indicated there would be a season 4. Assane Diop is a master thief, Hubert Pellegrini is rich. To me that gives him an advantage in prison. How will Assane's trade match up?

Quote:
Lupin season 4 has yet to be confirmed, but creator George Kay has expressed his hopes for a renewal, indicating that the story is far from over. The release date for Lupin season 4 is uncertain, with predictions indicating a late 2024 release at the earliest.

5 days ago


Too good not to continue, cough top boy cough, mission impossible, regular guy version
_________________
“The main goal for the Lakers is to win a championship. All I care about, all we care about, is to raise another banner in the rafters.“
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 5950

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
I'm working my way through the second season of The Bear.

The episode "Fishes" left a huge impression on me. It's the most chaotic, well acted, well executed hour of television that I've seen in a long time. And it hit close to home.

Jamie Lee Curtis deserves Emmy considerations for her performance, as well as Jon Bernthal.

Overall, The Bear is a fantastic show.


Yes this is the episode everyone talks about and I think has a 10/10 or 9.8/10 on IMDb but to me it’s the episode right after which stole my heart.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 29029
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Wilt wrote:
I'm working my way through the second season of The Bear.

The episode "Fishes" left a huge impression on me. It's the most chaotic, well acted, well executed hour of television that I've seen in a long time. And it hit close to home.

Jamie Lee Curtis deserves Emmy considerations for her performance, as well as Jon Bernthal.

Overall, The Bear is a fantastic show.


Yes this is the episode everyone talks about and I think has a 10/10 or 9.8/10 on IMDb but to me it’s the episode right after which stole my heart.


That episode and season 3 episode 5 of Mr. Robot called Runtime Error. Are the best 2 episodes of TV I've ever seen.

And I've seen ALOOOOOOT of TV.

Those episodes push all aspects to a peak all at once. Storyboard/plot, dialogue, cinematography, editing, acting, direction, set, wardrobe, etc.
_________________
"Every hurt is a lesson, and every lesson makes you better”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 5950

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2023 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Anyone watch Bodies? Keeps coming up on my tiktok..I started it but not sure if I’ll continue. There’s like 3 different timelines and the same crime
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 29029
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2023 8:51 am    Post subject:

I'm really impressed by Steven Yeun.

He's a big reason why Walking Dead was special.
And Invincible is great as well.
I'll probably watch anything he's in, moving forward.
_________________
"Every hurt is a lesson, and every lesson makes you better”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 30513

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:02 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I'm really impressed by Steven Yeun.

He's a big reason why Walking Dead was special.
And Invincible is great as well.
I'll probably watch anything he's in, moving forward.


He's not very diverse but if you're casting an earnest and sincere character, he's your guy for sure.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 29029
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Rick and Morty just wrapped up 6 and 1/2 seasons worth of major story arch in a midseason episode. Probably the best episode of the series.
_________________
"Every hurt is a lesson, and every lesson makes you better”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 24832

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:27 am    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I'm really impressed by Steven Yeun.

He's a big reason why Walking Dead was special.
And Invincible is great as well.
I'll probably watch anything he's in, moving forward.


He's not very diverse but if you're casting an earnest and sincere character, he's your guy for sure.


He needs those evil villain role like Jackie Chan in the foreigner (not cause he’s Asian but shedding that lovable guy role)
_________________
“The main goal for the Lakers is to win a championship. All I care about, all we care about, is to raise another banner in the rafters.“
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 66892
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:31 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I'm really impressed by Steven Yeun.

He's a big reason why Walking Dead was special.
And Invincible is great as well.
I'll probably watch anything he's in, moving forward.


He's not very diverse but if you're casting an earnest and sincere character, he's your guy for sure.


He needs those evil villain role like Jackie Chan in the foreigner (not cause he’s Asian but shedding that lovable guy role)



Wasn't Jackie Chan the victim in that move?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 24832

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:31 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
governator wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I'm really impressed by Steven Yeun.

He's a big reason why Walking Dead was special.
And Invincible is great as well.
I'll probably watch anything he's in, moving forward.


He's not very diverse but if you're casting an earnest and sincere character, he's your guy for sure.


He needs those evil villain role like Jackie Chan in the foreigner (not cause he’s Asian but shedding that lovable guy role)



Wasn't Jackie Chan the victim in that move?


Yes but his character was this serious, attempt to torture, not the usual laughing lovable teddy bear
_________________
“The main goal for the Lakers is to win a championship. All I care about, all we care about, is to raise another banner in the rafters.“
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 5950

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Finished Lioness. I enjoyed it. It’s not a “good” show but it kept me engaged and was entertaining enough.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 66892
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:44 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Finished Lioness. I enjoyed it. It’s not a “good” show but it kept me engaged and was entertaining enough.

I was surprised by how well Zoe Saldana played a badass. As you said it wasn't a good show but entertaining. Season 2 has not been confirmed.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Nov 2006
Posts: 19827
Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:50 am    Post subject:

Lee Van Cleef on Johnny Carson

he sits next to Tony Bennett



pure class
_________________
http://chickhearn.ytmnd.com/

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 18171
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:55 am    Post subject:

I enjoyed the first two episodes of "Monarch: Legacy of Monsters" on Apple+. I'm not into Kaiju films anymore and thought all the ones they've released since 2014's Kong:Skull Island started out okay then got progressively worse.

In the first two episodes, Monarch is developing into more of a thriller with monsters as the backstory rather than being straight up monster movie.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 104, 105, 106 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 105 of 110
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB