Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114, 115  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 10:37 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
The Sympathizer has gotten worse with time. It had a strong start. But its become increasingly more difficult to watch.

Meanwhile, I hear Sugar finally dropped its twist apparently. In episode 7 out of 8. I have been waiting to watch it cause I wanted to binge it. But I guess I'll start the binge today. I can wait a week for the finale.

Does it still have a lot of foreign language dialog? I stopped watching because that made it difficult to follow.

First episode they were in Vietnam. So there was alot of Vietnamese spoken with accompanying English subtitles.

Since episode 1, it has mostly taken place in America. So less Vietnamese dialog.
But it just isn't very good. Particularly the most recent episode. It had great actors. The plot points were good. But it was a struggle for me to finish. Maybe it is the dialogue or the pacing. I dunno. Just wasn't interesting.

My girlfriend is Vietnamese and just finished it and was raving about it. But it wasn't what I was expecting at all. It's way too campy and I don't like the humor. Not sure I'll be able to get through even Episode 2. I think she enjoyed that it wasn't too serious since there's a lot of family traumas about the war which is fair but I was hoping for something a little meatier
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 7:42 pm    Post subject:

I mentioned The veil a page back. cant recommend it enough. Short 6 episodes on Hulu. if you like international spy stuff this is great.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 9:04 pm    Post subject:

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2024 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
I mentioned The veil a page back. cant recommend it enough. Short 6 episodes on Hulu. if you like international spy stuff this is great.

I'll check it out. Sounds like my jam.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 10:41 am    Post subject:

I watched the celebration of Willie Nelson's 90th birthday last night. It was very enjoyable. You don't have to be a country music fan to appreciate it. The lyrics tell stories. I love the song Mamas Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Cowboys Waylon Jennings & Willie Nelson

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2024 10:35 pm    Post subject:

I just finished Sugar. Like many people, I heard that there's a big twist before I even watched the show.

I ended up guessing what it was since they kinda gave it away before the big reveal if you listened carefully. I'm okay with it. Not the worst twist of all time. Overall, I enjoyed the show. Colin Farrell is fantastic in it, the rest of the cast is just okay. Great cinematography and just fantastic editing. It kept me constantly engaged.

I don't know if there are any plans for a second season. But if there is one, I'll watch.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2024 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Watching Bodkin. I like it so far. I've been a Will Forte fan since The Last Man on Earth.
Which is a show that was cancelled too soon. Really loved that show. Didn't get the proper ending it deserved.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 9:09 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
I just finished Sugar. Like many people, I heard that there's a big twist before I even watched the show.

I ended up guessing what it was since they kinda gave it away before the big reveal if you listened carefully. I'm okay with it. Not the worst twist of all time. Overall, I enjoyed the show. Colin Farrell is fantastic in it, the rest of the cast is just okay. Great cinematography and just fantastic editing. It kept me constantly engaged.

I don't know if there are any plans for a second season. But if there is one, I'll watch.

Yup I’ll definitely tune into season 2. What’s funny is you replace Colin with someone else and the show probably bombs. He was incredible.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 11:16 am    Post subject:

started Killing eve. So far pretty good.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2024 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

One of my favs shows released the last decade. I didn’t watch the last season because I heard it fell apart and was awful..but everything up until that point was top notch.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2024 8:12 pm    Post subject:

“Clipped” just released the first two episodes on Hulu. It’s about the Donald Sterling and Vee Stiviano situation.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2024 3:49 pm    Post subject:

The first 2 episodes of The Acolyte dropped yesterday. The series has promise.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2024 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Wilt wrote:

Yup I’ll definitely tune into season 2. What’s funny is you replace Colin with someone else and the show probably bombs. He was incredible.

I caught the twist in E7 when Sugar gave himself a shot. There were subtle hints throughout. Didn't he show his real self to Melanie at the end? I'll definitely watch season 2. Something I don't understand. Why would a species so advanced as to be able to monitor humans be afraid of them?

ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2024 9:35 am    Post subject:

OK, for something a bit different for this forum, with what I perceive to be the usual interests. By this I mean "dude flicks"--shows with violence, super heroes, nudity, drug dealers, or car chases. I just finished Geek Girl, and enjoyed it. Since I've already lost my guy card being a big fan of Gilmore Girls, I am comfortable saying this--and this touches on a big theme of the show. Anyone with young girls should encourage them to watch it. I remember going to see Legally Blond with my girls, dragging my heals and really worrying about the next two hours as it began. But it was really good and I was glad I watched it with them. Geek Girls may be about as realistic regarding fashion and models as Legally Blond was to law and trials, or, say, The Natural was to baseball, and some of the characters, caricatures, but...so what? A note about the show that I didn't realize until reading about it midway thought the episodes, the lead gal in the story, utterly delightfully played, is autistic, though never the word was mentioned in the ten episodes.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:24 am    Post subject:

Season 3 The Mayor Of Kingstown dropped.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:56 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

And The Boys is coming out soon too.

TV is heating up.

Can’t wait for The Bear.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2024 5:02 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

TV is heating up.

Can’t wait for The Bear.

Is The Boys worth watching? I think I watched one episode and gave up on it. Not a big super hero guy.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2024 11:24 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:

TV is heating up.

Can’t wait for The Bear.

Is The Boys worth watching? I think I watched one episode and gave up on it. Not a big super hero guy.

I just started watching. If I have it right it's about exposing Super Heros. The superheroes are villains. The Boys are everyday people. I'm gonna continue for a while. It's worth a watch. What I've seen so far is really blood and guts gory.

Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2024 7:07 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Love this show. Waiting for a few episodes to accrue before I start watching.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 11:12 am    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Halflife wrote:

One of my favs shows released the last decade. I didn’t watch the last season because I heard it fell apart and was awful..but everything up until that point was top notch.

just finished 1st season. so good. For those that haven't watched Killing eve. season 1 is dope and original.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Love this show. Waiting for a few episodes to accrue before I start watching.

I'm gonna do that with House of the Dragon S2.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2024 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Clipped is up to episode 4, I thought it was a great episode. Only 2 more left.

“Your Honor” was picked up by Netflix. I’ve been rewatching that one again.
Snipes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Watched the first 3 episodes of Presumed Innocent starring Jake Gylenhall. Very good so far. On Apple TV.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 8:35 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:
Watched the first 3 episodes of Presumed Innocent starring Jake Gylenhall. Very good so far. On Apple TV.

Thanks for the reminder! I’ve been waiting for this one. I’m gonna start it tonight.

There was a movie based on the same book with Harrison Ford in 1990. I’ve never seen it, but I think the series usually does a better job of capturing the book due to the difference in time constraints.
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Snipes wrote:

Just saw the first episode. Excellent.

Looking forward to the rest of the season.

I never saw the movie with Harrison Ford, or maybe I did but forgot all about it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 112, 113, 114, 115  Next
Page 113 of 115
Jump to: