Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1311, 1312, 1313 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Cranjis McBasketball podcast talking about AD

Great listen for people who think "AD is soft"
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Cranjis McBasketball podcast talking about AD

Great listen for people who think "AD is soft"

Idk if people think he’s soft. They think he is brittle. Can’t argue that with all of the missed games, and when he does play he does occasionally disappear and in Some games he gets pushed around and in others he’s elite.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:18 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
AD should be treated as first option by Ham. Not second, not third and no matter if LeBron plays or not. LeBron will figure out his place.

When has James ever taken a support role? Simply not in his DNA. Not sure he will “figure out his place” if it means anything else. He is not unique in this attitude. Every great player sees himself in that role, same as players and fans see them that way. They don’t adapt, others adapt to them. Even when they are not the same due to age or injury.

James is the exact same player he has always been, just older and less drive to win. This isn’t the “hungry” James of the past. This is the measured old timer that has to pick and choose his efforts. My guess is Davis accepts this role as sidekick. More than I like, but the reality of this roster. Likely Davis is a frustrated with this team as I am at times.

James is still the focal point on and off the court. Not Davis. James has no idea how to be anything different. This is the James we have. With his positives and negatives.

Davis can only do so much when forced to play center. He is a finesse player, not a power player. Especially when giving up 30 lbs and often a second body can help rebound against him with James or other SF playing the undersized PF role. Davis has multiple bodies on him, a role he is of comfortable with.

There is a reason the Lakers become stagnant on offense and they are susceptible to 40 pt quarters every game. Teams attack the weaknesses and understand what the Lakers are.

Give other teams and coaches some credit. They see the current roster for what it is. A not so scary play-in team and opportunity for a W in the schedule.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:23 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
MJST wrote:
AD should be treated as first option by Ham. Not second, not third and no matter if LeBron plays or not. LeBron will figure out his place.

When has James ever taken a support role? Simply not in his DNA. Not sure he will “figure out his place” if it means anything else. He is not unique in this attitude. Every great player sees himself in that role, same as players and fans see them that way. They don’t adapt, others adapt to them. Even when they are not the same due to age or injury.

James is the exact same player he has always been, just older and less drive to win. This isn’t the “hungry” James of the past. This is the measured old timer that has to pick and choose his efforts. My guess is Davis accepts this role as sidekick. More than I like, but the reality of this roster. Likely Davis is a frustrated with this team as I am at times.

James is still the focal point on and off the court. Not Davis. James has no idea how to be anything different. This is the James we have. With his positives and negatives.

Davis can only do so much when forced to play center. He is a finesse player, not a power player. Especially when giving up 30 lbs and often a second body can help rebound against him with James or other SF playing the undersized PF role. Davis has multiple bodies on him, a role he is of comfortable with.

There is a reason the Lakers become stagnant on offense and they are susceptible to 40 pt quarters every game. Teams attack the weaknesses and understand what the Lakers are.

Give other teams and coaches some credit. They see the current roster for what it is. A not so scary play-in team and opportunity for a W in the schedule.

Pretty good take on that. Kudos.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:36 am    Post subject:

crazy thing is Bron should have learned from wade about stepping back.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 2:14 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

We haven't had the team together and healthy since all the trades, so I don't know what kind of team we have. I am not going to be a prisoner of the moment and get all worked up by Lebron's first game back from his injury. Hopefully, DLo will come back and the last few games of the season will show what we have.

I don't see a point in worrying about who "the first option" is. Right now, Lebron is averaging 29 ppg. on 50% shooting and AD is averaging 26 ppg. on 57%. They have both been great offensive players this year when playing at a high level.

If the Lakers do anything this season, you will likely see both Lebron and AD scoring a lot of points, just as they did during the ring year. Who is more dominant in a particular series could depend on the opponent. Anyone who expects Lebron and AD to suddenly become different players than they have been their entire careers is just kidding themselves.

My guess is other teams look at the Lakers differently than you do. I would consider us a sleeping lion. We might well lose in an embarrassing fashion. But we could roar to life at any second.

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing what happens. I am not expecting us to win a ring, but I don't assume we will fail. I don't see the point in taking a doom and gloom attitude myself. But if that's your thing, to each his own.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:03 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
MJST wrote:

We haven't had the team together and healthy since all the trades, so I don't know what kind of team we have. I am not going to be a prisoner of the moment and get all worked up by Lebron's first game back from his injury. Hopefully, DLo will come back and the last few games of the season will show what we have.

I don't see a point in worrying about who "the first option" is. Right now, Lebron is averaging 29 ppg. on 50% shooting and AD is averaging 26 ppg. on 57%. They have both been great offensive players this year when playing at a high level.

If the Lakers do anything this season, you will likely see both Lebron and AD scoring a lot of points, just as they did during the ring year. Who is more dominant in a particular series could depend on the opponent. Anyone who expects Lebron and AD to suddenly become different players than they have been their entire careers is just kidding themselves.

My guess is other teams look at the Lakers differently than you do. I would consider us a sleeping lion. We might well lose in an embarrassing fashion. But we could roar to life at any second.

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing what happens. I am not expecting us to win a ring, but I don't assume we will fail. I don't see the point in taking a doom and gloom attitude myself. But if that's your thing, to each his own.

Yeah, pretty spot on with how I feel as well.. I def. don't think other teams feel we're an easy W in the slightest though especially when most of our top guys are playing.

I actually don't think anyone in the Playoff picture is terrified of a single team in the Western Conference this Season though and rightfully so.

Time is possibly our biggest enemy right now as we need to create some major chemistry across the board but on paper the talent level and potential fit is already clearly there to beat anyone in the Western Conference at least. Can we gel enough and stay healthy enough to be a true Contender once the Playoffs begin? Who knows for sure??? I'm just happy we have at least a fighters chance with how this Season started. I can absolutely see a Cinderella esque finish and finally passing the Celtics but I can also see a brutally ugly exit as well.

Like you, i'm still excited to see how it all pans out this Season as well.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

Yeah, Wade stepped back because a top 1-3 player of all time in his Prime was on his team and clearly the better player.. Not sure i'm seeing who that is on the Lakers?

AD and Bron will both average 25-30 ish in pretty much any Playoff series with it varying a bit likely depending on matchups. I also don't think AD has it in him to be a true, clear as day number 1 option consistently game in and game out. I'd absolutely love to be wrong about this but at a certain point of watching him and now that he's 30 i'm not seeing a reason this is going to change? He'll continue looking like an absolute all time level 2 way beast at times but also looking like a solid role player at other times.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:56 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Yeah, Wade stepped back because a top 1-3 player of all time in his Prime was on his team and clearly the better player.. Not sure i'm seeing who that is on the Lakers?

AD and Bron will both average 25-30 ish in pretty much any Playoff series with it varying a bit likely depending on matchups. I also don't think AD has it in him to be a true, clear as day number 1 option consistently game in and game out. I'd absolutely love to be wrong about this but at a certain point of watching him and now that he's 30 i'm not seeing a reason this is going to change? He'll continue looking like an absolute all time level 2 way beast at times but also looking like a solid role player at other times.

AD is way more valuable and better. This team can win without Bron cant win IMHO without AD. Not saying AD is the future as he is who he is but today he's our guy. Personally I would have traded him 2 years ago
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:03 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Halflife wrote:

The reality is Wade didn't even step back the first season. He averaged more in the playoffs than Lebron did. The guy who stepped back was the #3 banana Bosh. And that was the right way for the Heat to go.

Anyway, Lebron and AD will be equal partners as always, each providing their pros and cons to the equation. This silly attempt to stir things up is really making me drowsy.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:05 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
hype wrote:
Halflife wrote:

The reality is Wade didn't even step back the first season. He averaged more in the playoffs than Lebron did. The guy who stepped back was the #3 banana Bosh. And that was the right way for the Heat to go.

Anyway, Lebron and AD will be equal partners as always, each providing their pros and cons to the equation. This silly attempt to stir things up is really making me drowsy.

it cant be equal. AD needs to eat and if he's not hungry he needs to be force-fed.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:11 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
activeverb wrote:
hype wrote:
Halflife wrote:

it cant be equal. AD needs to eat and if he's not hungry he needs to be force-fed.

I am certainly happy you have no decision making authority with the Lakers
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:58 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Halflife wrote:
activeverb wrote:
hype wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Thank god this board in general has zero input into the lakers.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:29 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Halflife wrote:
activeverb wrote:
hype wrote:
Halflife wrote:

You don't think Rob and Rambo are on LG?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:02 am    Post subject:

Comparing AD to Wade is difficult (to say the least).

1 can initiate their own offense full court and the other can’t/won’t.

I don’t think AD has shown the mentality or durability to be a #1 like other big man MVP candidates this year. And at this point in his career I think he is a known quantity.

But I doubted him leading into our last chip too. So I acknowledge I could be wrong.

I will say that, I haven’t seen the on court adjustments from Bron that Kobe made pre and post Pau coming to the Lakers. So this isn’t 100% on AD.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:20 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Halflife wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Halflife wrote:
activeverb wrote:
hype wrote:
Halflife wrote:

You don't think Rob and Rambo are on LG?

with some of the horrible ideas from some I would not doubt that maybe that is Rambo with a few burners.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Halflife wrote:
activeverb wrote:
hype wrote:
Halflife wrote:

There are many good, knowledgeable posters on Laker ground. Maybe someday you'll come up with a thought other than "I despise LeBron" and finally put a worthwhile post yourself
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:29 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Halflife wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Halflife wrote:
activeverb wrote:
hype wrote:
Halflife wrote:

There are many good, knowledgeable posters on Laker ground. Maybe someday you'll come up with a thought other than "I despise LeBron" and finally put a worthwhile post yourself

Your original response was more succinct. This is silly.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Expecting more shot attempts for AD in this one with DLo being back. Can't run under screens against him so there should be better passing angles and space for AD.

Bulls are an excellent defensive team that doesn't allow transition opportunities so we should expect to be playing in the half court a lot tonight. Feel like AD is our best option there, especially with Drummond out
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:50 pm    Post subject:

Party like it's 2020
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Monster game. Bulls just had no answer
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:23 pm    Post subject:

I need this consistency from ad
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:34 pm    Post subject:

Dennis100mtrash wrote:
I need this consistency from ad

AD isn't going to have a 38-point game that often. The important thing is that Lebron and AD continue to be a one-two punch and score 55-60 points a game between them. If they lead the attack, and a few of the other guys fill in, we'll be fine.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:37 pm    Post subject:

Ah, peace and quiet.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:39 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Ah, peace and quiet.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1311, 1312, 1313 ... 1425, 1426, 1427  Next
Page 1312 of 1427
Jump to: