Official ANTHONY DAVIS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1312, 1313, 1314 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:31 pm    Post subject:

AD stepping up at home, when we needed a win like air. Grest game

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:19 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
I need this consistency from ad

AD isn't going to have a 38-point game that often. The important thing is that Lebron and AD continue to be a one-two punch and score 55-60 points a game between them. If they lead the attack, and a few of the other guys fill in, we'll be fine.

He had a 10 game stretch averaging 35/15 , he's legit capable of putting up high scoring nights consistently.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:50 am    Post subject:

Big game from a big time player. AD has been the main reason the Lakers have been able to stay in the play ins and competitive the last 6-8 weeks. Heck, to start the season as well, he was the main reason they didn't end up in Houston territory in the standings.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aphex Twin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:23 am    Post subject:

When a player like AD gets a groin injury, why doesn't anyone from the staff help massage his twig and berries? He was just out there on his own hunched over in real pain for a long time on the court and no one assisted.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

AD isn't going to have a 38-point game that often. The important thing is that Lebron and AD continue to be a one-two punch and score 55-60 points a game between them. If they lead the attack, and a few of the other guys fill in, we'll be fine.

He had a 10 game stretch averaging 35/15 , he's legit capable of putting up high scoring nights consistently.

That's absolutely not being "consistent".. That's a great stretch of games for sure but consistently means over an 82+ game Season not a players best 10 game stretch which plenty of stars league wide have.

He's now 30 and has been in the NBA 10 years, he is what he is. As far as personality on the court goes i'd say he's MUCH more Pau then Bron or Kobe. He's better then Pau especially when factoring in the defensive side but he's just not that guy who's going to look like the best player on the floor every single game.

He's absolutely "capable" of dropping a 50-60 point game at any point just like he's "capable" of having another great stretch like the one you mention at any point (or even better) but none of that will ever be on a consistent level imo. There's nothing wrong with that at all especially if he doesn't miss a ton of games along the way which is the only true negative thing about AD to me. Expecting him to suddenly have a complete change in his personality and playing style this late is just asking for disappointment much like people expecting Bron to make huge changes overnight to his style.

Saying all that, I love how he's played overall lately and I feel it's plenty for us to compete for a Championship this Season if him Bron and the other main rotation guys can actually stay healthy and finally get some legitimate Chemistry heading into the Playoffs. We aren't winning anything without AD and Bron especially though, either of those guys go down and it's still over just like the last few Seasons. Regardless of Bron's age he's still clearly that interchangeable 1A/1B with AD depending on the game/series imo.

I'm sure the Mavs wish they had this problem
Kblo247!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:17 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Day wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

That's absolutely not being "consistent".. That's a great stretch of games for sure but consistently means over an 82+ game Season not a players best 10 game stretch which plenty of stars league wide have.

He's now 30 and has been in the NBA 10 years, he is what he is. As far as personality on the court goes i'd say he's MUCH more Pau then Bron or Kobe. He's better then Pau especially when factoring in the defensive side but he's just not that guy who's going to look like the best player on the floor every single game.

He's absolutely "capable" of dropping a 50-60 point game at any point just like he's "capable" of having another great stretch like the one you mention at any point (or even better) but none of that will ever be on a consistent level imo. There's nothing wrong with that at all especially if he doesn't miss a ton of games along the way which is the only true negative thing about AD to me. Expecting him to suddenly have a complete change in his personality and playing style this late is just asking for disappointment much like people expecting Bron to make huge changes overnight to his style.

Saying all that, I love how he's played overall lately and I feel it's plenty for us to compete for a Championship this Season if him Bron and the other main rotation guys can actually stay healthy and finally get some legitimate Chemistry heading into the Playoffs. We aren't winning anything without AD and Bron especially though, either of those guys go down and it's still over just like the last few Seasons. Regardless of Bron's age he's still clearly that interchangeable 1A/1B with AD depending on the game/series imo.

I'm sure the Mavs wish they had this problem

The thing is ADs consistent is not a Shaq consistent. He’s a KG consistent. AD is by far the best two way big in the league, and he’s easily more fixated on his own defense than his own scoring. AD spent more time running out there trapping Lavine and Derozan, contesting shots, and playing defense than he did looking to score. And too often times people fixate on well AD doesn’t give us 30.

But AD had the most 30/15 games of anyone in the league this season. AD leads the league in second chance points. AD is the leagues top rebounder. AD since the break has lead the leagues best defense without Bron and Russell most the time while facing constant doubles and boxes. AD is literally playing out of position and on a foot everyone knows needs surgery but he’s been consistently a force … he just doesn’t tend to score like Embid.

You also can’t ask Embid or Jokic to defend like AD. Embid would drop dead if he told him trap every pick and roll, contest every shot, and then get back to your guy too while playing full quarters at a time. Jokic would be embarrassed if told him cover the ground AD covers or switch on to the hot player. Hell Giannis himself doesn’t guard the best big on any team or defend the rim, he has Lopez for that whereas AD has no other big.

I think people have to live with AD doesn’t care. It’s not that he doesn’t care about the game or winning. He just doesn’t care about scoring 30 a night. AD doesn’t care about averages, if he did he would have never agreed to come off the bench multiple times on a minutes restriction. He lived and dies with his defense. If you want to engage AD, play defense around him and he’s easily screaming, running the floor, clapping around on the bench, walking with iPads and engaged.
textbook
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:24 pm    Post subject:

You know the AD your going to get in the first 5 minutes of the game.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Day wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:

It seems like this is getting into a semantics exercise about what you mean by the word consistent.

AD has averaged 26 ppg for his career. So he's a guy who can score.

If you are expecting him to average 35 ppg for an extended period, you're going to be disappointed.

But is it possible for him to do that for a 10-game stretch? Sure. Should you expect him to do that for any particular 10 games stretch? No. Is it likely he will have a 10-game stretch where he averages 35 ppg during the rest of this season and the playoffs? No.

So if you are counting on him having a 10-game stretch from this point forward where he averages 35 ppg that's unlikely
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:58 pm    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:
activeverb wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
activeverb wrote:
BILBJH wrote:
activeverb wrote:

The most Lebron can do is threaten to opt out of $50 million contract and leave next season if he doesn't get what he wants, but I doubt that threat would matter to the Lakers at this point.

Which is why the team is becoming more balanced again.

There is a correlation between the less the Lakers care about what Lebron does and the improved condition of their roster.

Two years ago, this wasn't the case.

I know a lot of people think that the whole Westbrook fiasco was Lebron's doing entirely, and the Lakers were captive to his wishes. Whether that is actually true is another's guess. People also seem to think Lebron had no input into all the recent changes . Again, whether that is true or not, is anyone's guess.

The Lakers decision-making process is a difficult thing to read

Let's put it this way.

Had LBJ wanted Hield instead of Russ... I don't feel I'm going too far out on a limb to say that trade would have happened instead.

Sure, I agree with that. Rob had his sights set on Hield, so if Lebron had seconded that he would have done the deal.

I just don't believe the notion that Rob grudgingly switched from Hield to Westbrook because he was catering to Lebron's wishes. I think when Lebron and AD presented him with the idea, Rob said, "I like that. Westbrook sounds better than Hield to me."

Since we are writing fan fiction here

Mr. 2% of LBJ's net wealth might have said that... but I doubt he meant it.

I don't understand what point you're trying to make about LeBron's net wealth. There are lots of players in the league who have higher net worth than their GMs. I mean, Dennis Schroeder probably has a higher net worth than Rob. I don't see why you think that would intimidate a GM. And if it did, I can't imagine the GM would last in the league very long
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Jay Williams calling out ESPN and giving Davis his flowers

epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:22 pm    Post subject:

PLAYOFF AD!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:24 pm    Post subject:

He anchored both sides.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:35 pm    Post subject:

If he misses any amount of time this season is cooked.
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Hope for the best on that ankle. The replay it didn't look all that bad to me, but we don't have much margin for error if that ends up being a problem. Prayers for AD that it was just a tweak and responds well to treatment.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:37 pm    Post subject:

a MONSTER game by AD tonight. Played like a MVP.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:38 pm    Post subject:

AD gets the game ball. Played amazingly against tough defense that was directed at him for most of the game.

A lot of guys stepped up for the Lakers so it isn't only AD, but his consistent scoring in the 4th made the lead stick and really put the TWolves in a bad spot.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Take care of that ankle, champ

He's been huge lately
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Great effort tonight. Game ball. WILT
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Love watching him actually get the ball in his preferred spots
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Rest up AD. You were a warrior tonight.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Rest up AD. You were a warrior tonight.

How many days doe?

Lakers can’t afford to play Gabriel against Sengun vs HOU again.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:48 pm    Post subject:

AD
ON
THE
WAY
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:49 pm    Post subject:

Played like best player in the league... Keep up bro
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:50 pm    Post subject:

He is that guy I guess.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:50 pm    Post subject:

I dunno Im worried. Lebron played through his injury too, but then he missed a month of play.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1312, 1313, 1314 ... 1428, 1429, 1430  Next
Page 1313 of 1430
Jump to: