ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 455, 456, 457, 458  Next
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Japago
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jun 2018
Posts: 1730

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:48 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Japago wrote:
Getting 2 worse stars and paying more for them are the only 2 worse moves the Clippers made.

They've been better run ever since. But that hasn't mattered because their stars have let them down.

Look at the Lakers right now. They continue to be trash at putting together competent rosters around LeBron and AD.

If the Clippers had LeBron and AD, they would have multiple championships. I really believe that.

LeBron and AD being SO much better and more available than Kawhi and PG is the ONLY reason why the results have been what they are.

They would have won maybe one more last year. LeBron and AD weren't healthy themselves in the postseason until 2023, and even then LeBron wasn't 100%.

It's really hard to win a championship.


Absolutely.

But, I'm talking about how you can't compare them just because the results haven't been there for them.

They've done a much better job with their supporting casts over the years. Kawhi and PG just never gave them a chance.

They've had better regular season records than the Lakers despite the injuries for that reason.

It's Kawhi and PG's fault that they have nothing to show for their tenure there. The Clippers gave them the rosters, but they didn't do their part.

It's the Lakers' fault that they haven't had contenders around LeBron and AD since 2021 with the mismanagement of the roster.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jun 2016
Posts: 3950

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
Getting 2 worse stars and paying more for them are the only 2 worse moves the Clippers made.

They've been better run ever since. But that hasn't mattered because their stars have let them down.

Look at the Lakers right now. They continue to be trash at putting together competent rosters around LeBron and AD.

If the Clippers had LeBron and AD, they would have multiple championships. I really believe that.

LeBron and AD being SO much better and more available than Kawhi and PG is the ONLY reason why the results have been what they are.


There's always the opportunity to either join the clippers or

Or


Or


Just
Shut
Up
_________________
"If You're Afraid To Fail...Then You're Probably Going To Fail."
- Kobe

#BannersOverBillboards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Posts: 6277

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
levon wrote:
Japago wrote:
Getting 2 worse stars and paying more for them are the only 2 worse moves the Clippers made.

They've been better run ever since. But that hasn't mattered because their stars have let them down.

Look at the Lakers right now. They continue to be trash at putting together competent rosters around LeBron and AD.

If the Clippers had LeBron and AD, they would have multiple championships. I really believe that.

LeBron and AD being SO much better and more available than Kawhi and PG is the ONLY reason why the results have been what they are.

They would have won maybe one more last year. LeBron and AD weren't healthy themselves in the postseason until 2023, and even then LeBron wasn't 100%.

It's really hard to win a championship.
Absolutely.

But, I'm talking about how you can't compare them just because the results haven't been there for them.

They've done a much better job with their supporting casts over the years. Kawhi and PG just never gave them a chance.

They've had better regular season records than the Lakers despite the injuries for that reason.

It's Kawhi and PG's fault that they have nothing to show for their tenure there. The Clippers gave them the rosters, but they didn't do their part.

It's the Lakers' fault that they haven't had contenders around LeBron and AD since 2021 with the mismanagement of the roster.
Clips are a front-running team that always melts under pressure

Their FO decided on Kwahi, PG, Westbrook, CP3, etc.

Clips have a better record because most teams bring their A Game when they are playing the Lakers

Kwahi is doing what his history has shown, he is injured prone - nothing changed
PG has a basketball career filled with injuries - nothing change and no surprise

Clips didn't try to get KD!

Balmer, with all his monies, haven't achieved what the Lakers have done - won a ring

PG left Clips to player for the 77ers
Clips are trying to trade Westbrook
Kwahi is content to get his $50+M a year
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 4415
Location: Lake Nacimiento

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:08 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
Japago wrote:
levon wrote:
Japago wrote:
Getting 2 worse stars and paying more for them are the only 2 worse moves the Clippers made.

They've been better run ever since. But that hasn't mattered because their stars have let them down.

Look at the Lakers right now. They continue to be trash at putting together competent rosters around LeBron and AD.

If the Clippers had LeBron and AD, they would have multiple championships. I really believe that.

LeBron and AD being SO much better and more available than Kawhi and PG is the ONLY reason why the results have been what they are.

They would have won maybe one more last year. LeBron and AD weren't healthy themselves in the postseason until 2023, and even then LeBron wasn't 100%.

It's really hard to win a championship.
Absolutely.

But, I'm talking about how you can't compare them just because the results haven't been there for them.

They've done a much better job with their supporting casts over the years. Kawhi and PG just never gave them a chance.

They've had better regular season records than the Lakers despite the injuries for that reason.

It's Kawhi and PG's fault that they have nothing to show for their tenure there. The Clippers gave them the rosters, but they didn't do their part.

It's the Lakers' fault that they haven't had contenders around LeBron and AD since 2021 with the mismanagement of the roster.
Clips are a front-running team that always melts under pressure

Their FO decided on Kwahi, PG, Westbrook, CP3, etc.

Clips have a better record because most teams bring their A Game when they are playing the Lakers

Kwahi is doing what his history has shown, he is injured prone - nothing changed
PG has a basketball career filled with injuries - nothing change and no surprise

Clips didn't try to get KD!

Balmer, with all his monies, haven't achieved what the Lakers have done - won a ring

PG left Clips to player for the 77ers
Clips are trying to trade Westbrook
Kwahi is content to get his $50+M a year


If only the Lakers had the prime Splash Bros and enticed KD to come here instead we'd be coming off a Dynasty right now instead of the Warriors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Japago
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jun 2018
Posts: 1730

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Even right now, the Clippers have added to their roster while the Lakers have done nothing. They lost PG so it won't matter, but it's still reminiscent of how they've done everything right outside of their stars.

They got the wrong superstars. That's basically what it comes down to. They've had the supporting cast EVERY year to compete, but the superstars have never been up to the task. They choked in the bubble and haven't been healthy ever since.

Meanwhile, the Lakers haven't had the supporting cast to compete since 2021. I actually agree that they needed a move at the time. The Lakers just didn't have enough offense outside of their stars.

But, they went about it in the absolute worst way and have never been able to recover from it. They sold off ALL of their amazing defensive talent for a guy who wasn't close to worth it.

They needed offensive upgrades while keeping as much of that defense as possible.

The Lakers tried to tinker with the roster, but ended up making things far worse. Even post-Westbrook, the supporting cast still might not be as good as they were then. More offense for sure, but far worse defense as well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 27300

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Ya'll always hype up the Clippers and their moves in comparison to the Lakers but every season the Clippers never do better than the Lakers do when it matters.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 11643
Location: Stay Thirsty my Friends

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 9:28 pm    Post subject:

During his 5 years with the Clipp's, Kawhi has averaged 45 (out of 82) games per season. They also saw fit to resign Kawhi for another 3 years at $50 mil/year (ouch)..

George has averaged 53 GPY (Games Per year).

Next season, I predict the Clippers will be battling the Warriors for LAST place in the Pacific! (Suns-Kings-Lakers-Warriors-Clippers).
_________________
DON'T LET THE FACTS GET IN THE WAY OF A GOOD PUT DOWN


Last edited by unleasHell on Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Japago
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jun 2018
Posts: 1730

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2024 5:23 am    Post subject:

People make fun, but I think it's great that the Clippers managed to put a competitive supporting cast every year behind their stars while Kawhi and PG were together.

All you can do as a GM is put your stars in a position to succeed. Their stars didn't succeed despite all the support they got them.

LeBron and AD haven't had the supporting casts to succeed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Japago
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Jun 2018
Posts: 1730

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 7:48 pm    Post subject:

I don't know if it's right, but a part of me would be really irritated if a player on my favorite team played extensive exhibition basketball after ALL of the time Kawhi has missed over the years due to injury, including the playoffs that just happened.

People harp on the durability of AD and LeBron, but Kawhi has not made it to the end of the season healthy even once since 2020.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Posts: 6277

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 12:52 pm    Post subject:

"I never wanted to leave LA," George said on his podcast. "LA is home, this is where I wanted to finish at, and I wanted to work as hard as possible to win one in LA. That was the goal, to be here and be committed to LA. As it played out though, the first initial deal was I thought kind of disrespectful. In all of this, no hard feelings, no love lost ... it's a business. So the first initial deal was like two years, 60. So I'm like, whoa, whoa, whoa.

"That's crazy! I'm like, 'Naw, I'm not signing that.'"

-

Balmer, NBA’s richest owner who also had the late and great Jerry West by his side, authorized the offer that he traded a boatload of assets and proclaimed that he was needed to open his new arena

Jeanie might win rings every year, but she is loyal to her players

Kwahi will get a Gold Medal at the upcoming Olympics, yet rarely plays in the playoffs. For the next three years, the Clippers during the playoffs will have Kwahi in street clothes and Harden (for 2 years) playing like he is playing in his street clothes collecting Balmer’s money

Balmer’s money has made it clear where his priorities are and it’s not the Clippers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Posts: 6277

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:36 pm    Post subject:

"I never wanted to leave LA," George said on his podcast. "LA is home, this is where I wanted to finish at, and I wanted to work as hard as possible to win one in LA. That was the goal, to be here and be committed to LA. As it played out though, the first initial deal was I thought kind of disrespectful. In all of this, no hard feelings, no love lost ... it's a business. So the first initial deal was like two years, 60. So I'm like, whoa, whoa, whoa.

"That's crazy! I'm like, 'Naw, I'm not signing that.'"

-

Balmer, NBA’s richest owner who also had the late and great Jerry West by his side, authorized the offer that he traded a boatload of assets and proclaimed that he was needed to open his new arena

Jeanie might win rings every year, but she is loyal to her players

Kwahi will get a Gold Medal at the upcoming Olympics, yet rarely plays in the playoffs. For the next three years, the Clippers during the playoffs will have Kwahi in street clothes and Harden (for 2 years) playing like he is playing in his street clothes collecting Balmer’s money

Balmer’s money has made it clear where his priorities are and it’s not the Clippers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Apr 2005
Posts: 6277

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:45 pm    Post subject:

"I never wanted to leave LA," George said on his podcast. "LA is home, this is where I wanted to finish at, and I wanted to work as hard as possible to win one in LA. That was the goal, to be here and be committed to LA. As it played out though, the first initial deal was I thought kind of disrespectful. In all of this, no hard feelings, no love lost ... it's a business. So the first initial deal was like two years, 60. So I'm like, whoa, whoa, whoa.

"That's crazy! I'm like, 'Naw, I'm not signing that.'"

-

Balmer, NBA’s richest owner who also had the late and great Jerry West by his side, authorized the offer that he traded a boatload of assets and proclaimed that he was needed to open his new arena

Jeanie might win rings every year, but she is loyal to her players

Kwahi will get a Gold Medal at the upcoming Olympics, yet rarely plays in the playoffs. For the next three years, the Clippers during the playoffs will have Kwahi in street clothes and Harden (for 2 years) playing like he is playing in his street clothes collecting Balmer’s money

Balmer’s money has made it clear where his priorities are and it’s not the Clippers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Sep 2002
Posts: 8531

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:45 pm    Post subject:

Clipper initially offered 2/60 and he left for 4/212. What happened to Ballmer's deep pockets? He's got $130B.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 9436

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:52 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Clipper initially offered 2/60 and he left for 4/212. What happened to Ballmer's deep pockets? He's got $130B.


Balmer knows when to cut loss quick. it's appearant to him the core of KL and PG not gonna bring them a title, so he put out a take it or leaving it offer knowing full well PG would bolt elsewhere. Clippers are all in on the 2 year plan with KL and Harden, if that doesn't work, they he will start clean house and rebuild. having a 34 year old PG on the team for another 4 years just isn't too enticing to Balmer. he's rich but he's not stupid.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Sep 2002
Posts: 8531

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 2:57 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Clipper initially offered 2/60 and he left for 4/212. What happened to Ballmer's deep pockets? He's got $130B.


Balmer knows when to cut loss quick. it's appearant to him the core of KL and PG not gonna bring them a title, so he put out a take it or leaving it offer knowing full well PG would bolt elsewhere. Clippers are all in on the 2 year plan with KL and Harden, if that doesn't work, they he will start clean house and rebuild. having a 34 year old PG on the team for another 4 years just isn't too enticing to Balmer. he's rich but he's not stupid.


PG probably better value than Kawhi at $150 million though. The last time he was healthy for the playoffs was five years ago and that was after a COVID shortened season. Expecting to win with Kawhi is like flushing money away at this point.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jan 2016
Posts: 3379

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:13 pm    Post subject:

4 yr / 212 million just to bring the CP3 choking gene to the 76ers. He will be a bigger disappointment than Simmons.
_________________
Yi Jianlian Fanboy. Respect The Chair.
Starting anew. I'm retiring my main.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 7636

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Balmer could have sent him to the Warriors for some assets.

I think Clippers are under tax level. So he is saving (bleep) ton of money. Clearly his priorities.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 17320

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:20 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Clipper initially offered 2/60 and he left for 4/212. What happened to Ballmer's deep pockets? He's got $130B.


Balmer knows when to cut loss quick. it's appearant to him the core of KL and PG not gonna bring them a title, so he put out a take it or leaving it offer knowing full well PG would bolt elsewhere. Clippers are all in on the 2 year plan with KL and Harden, if that doesn't work, they he will start clean house and rebuild. having a 34 year old PG on the team for another 4 years just isn't too enticing to Balmer. he's rich but he's not stupid.


PG probably better value than Kawhi at $150 million though. The last time he was healthy for the playoffs was five years ago and that was after a COVID shortened season. Expecting to win with Kawhi is like flushing money away at this point.


This. From all reports, Klaw and his crew are a cancer in the locker room.

Whatever happened to the tampering/bribery investigation where West supposedly promised someone $2.5 million for delivering Kawhi to the Clippers?
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Nov 2018
Posts: 7636

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
ducasse wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Clipper initially offered 2/60 and he left for 4/212. What happened to Ballmer's deep pockets? He's got $130B.


Balmer knows when to cut loss quick. it's appearant to him the core of KL and PG not gonna bring them a title, so he put out a take it or leaving it offer knowing full well PG would bolt elsewhere. Clippers are all in on the 2 year plan with KL and Harden, if that doesn't work, they he will start clean house and rebuild. having a 34 year old PG on the team for another 4 years just isn't too enticing to Balmer. he's rich but he's not stupid.


PG probably better value than Kawhi at $150 million though. The last time he was healthy for the playoffs was five years ago and that was after a COVID shortened season. Expecting to win with Kawhi is like flushing money away at this point.


This. From all reports, Klaw and his crew are a cancer in the locker room.

Whatever happened to the tampering/bribery investigation where West supposedly promised someone $2.5 million for delivering Kawhi to the Clippers?


You mean Kawhi's uncle?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Mar 2012
Posts: 22127

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 4:04 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
ducasse wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Clipper initially offered 2/60 and he left for 4/212. What happened to Ballmer's deep pockets? He's got $130B.


Balmer knows when to cut loss quick. it's appearant to him the core of KL and PG not gonna bring them a title, so he put out a take it or leaving it offer knowing full well PG would bolt elsewhere. Clippers are all in on the 2 year plan with KL and Harden, if that doesn't work, they he will start clean house and rebuild. having a 34 year old PG on the team for another 4 years just isn't too enticing to Balmer. he's rich but he's not stupid.


PG probably better value than Kawhi at $150 million though. The last time he was healthy for the playoffs was five years ago and that was after a COVID shortened season. Expecting to win with Kawhi is like flushing money away at this point.


This. From all reports, Klaw and his crew are a cancer in the locker room.

Whatever happened to the tampering/bribery investigation where West supposedly promised someone $2.5 million for delivering Kawhi to the Clippers?


You mean Kawhi's uncle?


Uncle Dennis is making out like a bandit. I play golf with someone who has a service contract with the Clippers, and Uncle Dennis orders more services than anybody in the organization.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 17320

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:26 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
ducasse wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Clipper initially offered 2/60 and he left for 4/212. What happened to Ballmer's deep pockets? He's got $130B.


Balmer knows when to cut loss quick. it's appearant to him the core of KL and PG not gonna bring them a title, so he put out a take it or leaving it offer knowing full well PG would bolt elsewhere. Clippers are all in on the 2 year plan with KL and Harden, if that doesn't work, they he will start clean house and rebuild. having a 34 year old PG on the team for another 4 years just isn't too enticing to Balmer. he's rich but he's not stupid.


PG probably better value than Kawhi at $150 million though. The last time he was healthy for the playoffs was five years ago and that was after a COVID shortened season. Expecting to win with Kawhi is like flushing money away at this point.


This. From all reports, Klaw and his crew are a cancer in the locker room.

Whatever happened to the tampering/bribery investigation where West supposedly promised someone $2.5 million for delivering Kawhi to the Clippers?


You mean Kawhi's uncle?


Kawhi's Uncle's friend.
_________________
On Lakersground, a concern troll is someone who is a fan of another team, but pretends to be a Lakers fan with "concerns".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 5010

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
miggz23 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
ducasse wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Clipper initially offered 2/60 and he left for 4/212. What happened to Ballmer's deep pockets? He's got $130B.


Balmer knows when to cut loss quick. it's appearant to him the core of KL and PG not gonna bring them a title, so he put out a take it or leaving it offer knowing full well PG would bolt elsewhere. Clippers are all in on the 2 year plan with KL and Harden, if that doesn't work, they he will start clean house and rebuild. having a 34 year old PG on the team for another 4 years just isn't too enticing to Balmer. he's rich but he's not stupid.


PG probably better value than Kawhi at $150 million though. The last time he was healthy for the playoffs was five years ago and that was after a COVID shortened season. Expecting to win with Kawhi is like flushing money away at this point.


This. From all reports, Klaw and his crew are a cancer in the locker room.

Whatever happened to the tampering/bribery investigation where West supposedly promised someone $2.5 million for delivering Kawhi to the Clippers?


You mean Kawhi's uncle?


Kawhi's Uncle's friend.


I think had the contract timing been reversed, then Paul George would have been paid and Kawhai would have been left out. As it was, Kawhai was paid as a last ditch Hail Mary to see if the Kawhai/PG would have post season success this past season. When the Hail Mary was dropped, Balmer pivoted. I’m even surprised Harden got resigned but he still has to fill the new arena seats and a full rebuild would have been bad marketing. Harden’s deal is shorter than what PG wanted and they are a year into the Kawhai mistake. My reasoning…complete speculation…is that my perception is that PG looks like a better gamble, all things considered, than Kawhai at this stage in their careers. It’s the only way it makes sense to me.
_________________
“When it looks as if it is a realistic possibility, I want to focus on winning a ship like it’s a goal that can’t be denied. I didn’t see that this off season.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Nov 2012
Posts: 23959

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 5:56 pm    Post subject:

ducasse wrote:
Clipper initially offered 2/60 and he left for 4/212. What happened to Ballmer's deep pockets? He's got $130B.


I think 2/60 is more than fair for Paul George. He isn’t worth what the 76ers are paying him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 12732

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2024 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
ducasse wrote:
Clipper initially offered 2/60 and he left for 4/212. What happened to Ballmer's deep pockets? He's got $130B.


I think 2/60 is more than fair for Paul George. He isn’t worth what the 76ers are paying him.


For perspsective: George is coming off back to back All-Star seasons, and is a 9x all-star, 6x all-nba, and 4x all-defensive. It's difficult to imagine him leaping at the opportunity to sign a 2 year deal to become the 50th highest paid player in the league? This isn't a washed up version of George, he's still an All-Star. And he had a player option for $48.8m which he opted out of.

There is no way he was going to add a second year for $12m. Yeah, he's 33. But that offer is an extreme lowball figure.

For comparison's sake, Franz Wagner just signed a $224m extension. His career best number are 19.7 points, 5.3 rebounds, 3.7 assists, and 1.1 steals.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 9436

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2024 9:22 am    Post subject:

Clippers lost PG for nothing and basically added pieces on the edges with a hobbled KL and aging Harden as their main core, and yet, they're considered mid pack in Western Conference playoff standing according to media prediction. and Lakers with LeBron and AD, both are considerably better than Clippers' core, but the team is forecasted of being another play-in seed next year. this shows you how important to have a stable ownership/front office and coaching staff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 455, 456, 457, 458  Next
Page 456 of 458
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB