ESPN: There's a gap between Clippers and Lakers (Clipper/Laker Discussion)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 456, 457, 458

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 10:22 am    Post subject:

Kawhi will have made nearly a half billion in (above board) basketball income by the time his current contract is done. In his career, he has played on the order of 800 basketball games, regular season and playoffs. He has played this very well.
Denny_Russo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 11:21 am    Post subject:

That contract was pure insanity. He makes 50 million for 3 more years but he's already cooked. They may get him through the regular season with load management, but the knee issues have been constant and kept him out of the playoffs. Not his fault obviously because he has a lot of mileage on his body, but this is exactly why teams don't want to give BI a fat contract.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:18 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
That contract was pure insanity. He makes 50 million for 3 more years but he's already cooked. They may get him through the regular season with load management, but the knee issues have been constant and kept him out of the playoffs. Not his fault obviously because he has a lot of mileage on his body, but this is exactly why teams don't want to give BI a fat contract.

Yeah, what was with people saying Kawhi took a team friendly deal so the Clippers could have more flexibility to contend? That’s an albatross of a contract.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:19 pm    Post subject:

Kawhi for LaVine, which team sending picks?
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Stick a fork in Kawhi, he’s done.

Lakers lucked out with him not joining. The Spurs were correct in their medical assessment.

What was the Spurs’ medical assessment? What do you think would have happened if we had signed Kawhi? Would we have still won in 2020?

Great question! I don't know the answer, but had we focused on Jimmy Butler instead, I think we'd have won multiple rings. I understand the FO staying with Kawhi until the bitter end. I just hate that he was so disingenuous - the Lakers hadn't done jack to him, but Kawhi (and West, btw) were just malicious in their attempts to sabotage the Lakers (remember the Serge Ibaka fiasco the following summer?).

I don't wish injury on anyone. I am very glad that the Clippers are coming apart at the seams.

Yeah… With Butler you still have the elite perimeter defense that KCP/Green brought while also getting the third option we were missing.

The only thing that makes me feel better is some claiming that Jimmy always wanted to be the #1 guy and would not have come here.

How about if we had signed Paul George in 2019?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 1:24 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Stick a fork in Kawhi, he’s done.

Lakers lucked out with him not joining. The Spurs were correct in their medical assessment.

What was the Spurs’ medical assessment? What do you think would have happened if we had signed Kawhi? Would we have still won in 2020?

Great question! I don't know the answer, but had we focused on Jimmy Butler instead, I think we'd have won multiple rings. I understand the FO staying with Kawhi until the bitter end. I just hate that he was so disingenuous - the Lakers hadn't done jack to him, but Kawhi (and West, btw) were just malicious in their attempts to sabotage the Lakers (remember the Serge Ibaka fiasco the following summer?).

I don't wish injury on anyone. I am very glad that the Clippers are coming apart at the seams.

Yeah… With Butler you still have the elite perimeter defense that KCP/Green brought while also getting the third option we were missing.

The only thing that makes me feel better is some claiming that Jimmy always wanted to be the #1 guy and would not have come here.

How about if we had signed Paul George in 2019?

thought JB didn't want to play with bron.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:43 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
So does this mean the Clippers are less hateable now?

I will start liking them when Kawaii is gone.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2024 3:03 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
What was the Spurs’ medical assessment?

Degenerative issue with his quad

Basically nothing you can do and it's only getting worse with time
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 456, 457, 458
Page 458 of 458
Jump to: