Worldwide Coronavirus Thread (US death toll passes 1 Million - that's right, 1 Million dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 315, 316, 317, 318  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:06 am    Post subject:

I got the updated COVID booster a few days ago. Had mild side effects the next day for 24 hours (feeling feverish and achy), the side effects were a little greater than after my first booster but less than after my second dose of the main series.

A good friend from high school is having a birthday party next weekend at a bar. I hope I'll be safe there now that I'm up to date on my COVID vaccine doses.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:12 am    Post subject:

I emailed my doctor and asked if I were due for a second booster shot. I'm waiting for her response.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:00 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I emailed my doctor and asked if I were due for a second booster shot. I'm waiting for her response.

Have you only had two shots total?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject:

Per the CDC: Anyone who is 4-months past their last Covid shot of any kind is eligible for the new bivalent booster and should get it ASAP.

(The exception is for someone like trmiv who recently had COVID and is waiting 3-4 months post infection before getting the booster.)
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 3:33 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

No, I had a booster. I just got an email from my doctor a minute ago. I'm due for the (bivalent) booster. I'll make an appointment right now.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:01 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:

No, I had a booster. I just got an email from my doctor a minute ago. I'm due for the (bivalent) booster. I'll make an appointment right now.

👍🏻
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 11:12 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Bill Clinton @BillClinton

I’ve tested positive for Covid. I’ve had mild symptoms, but I’m doing fine overall and keeping myself busy at home.

I’m grateful to be vaccinated and boosted, which has kept my case mild, and I urge everyone to do the same, especially as we move into the winter months.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:36 pm    Post subject:

My 21 year-old daughter contracted COVID from a coworker (there's frustratingly no mask mandate for employees at the store she works at) over the holiday. Not really surprising after she's been working in a busy retail environment for the last year and a half. So far, her symptoms aren't terrible, a little run down and a hacking cough. But it's a bit of a pain trying to isolate from each other for the next few days. Fortunately, I work from home and do so from a home office separate from the main house, so now I have no excuse not to be extremely productive. So far I'm testing negative and feel perfectly fine . . . but I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:46 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
My 21 year-old daughter contracted COVID from a coworker (there's frustratingly no mask mandate for employees at the store she works at) over the holiday. Not really surprising after she's been working in a busy retail environment for the last year and a half. So far, her symptoms aren't terrible, a little run down and a hacking cough. But it's a bit of a pain trying to isolate from each other for the next few days. Fortunately, I work from home and do so from a home office separate from the main house, so now I have no excuse not to be extremely productive. So far I'm testing negative and feel perfectly fine . . . but I am waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Hope her symptoms stay relatively mild and you stay healthy.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:25 pm    Post subject:

Thanks CL 🤞🏻
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Good luck, Mule & daughter.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:31 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
Good luck, Mule & daughter.

🍻✌️
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:44 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Hope you and your family get through this with no complications.🙏🏾

I'm scheduled to get the Bivalent booster tomorrow at 1:30 pm.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:49 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Hope you and your family get through this with no complications.🙏🏾

I'm scheduled to get the Bivalent booster tomorrow at 1:30 pm.

Thanks jo. Glad to hear you're getting your booster.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2022 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Just got the Bivalent booster about an hour or so ago. I'm good to go until CDC comes up with other recommendations.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:03 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Follow up. My daughters symptoms got a bit worse, she was a mess for a couple of days (nausea, hacking couch, aches etc.) but nothing terrible. My wife started feeling mildly symptomatic not long after I posted and tested positive Wednesday. It got worse, but nowhere near what my daughter was feeling. I started to feel it a bit on Wednesday, but was negative, a bit worse Thursday, mild sore sore throat and cough, still negative. Early Friday I woke up feeling really achy and the cough was worse. Still negative. I didn't feel good, but was able to be up and about. Felt much better yesterday morning and tested again . . . positive, so much so that the "T" lime showed up solidly almost immediately. Today I'm feeling almost back to normal.

I only mention this because this is my observation: GET ANY AND ALL BOOSTERS YOU CAN! That's what I did and my case was pretty uneventful. I had the most recent booster and all the previous ones. My wife hasn't had the most recent and was hit a bit worse than I. And our daughter is less up to date on her vaccines than the two us and she got hit much harder.

So I'll just say it again, GET YOUR BOOSTERS ASAP if you haven't already. This bug ain't going anywhere, and in fact is surging again.

Did mention GET YOUR BOOSTER!?
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:42 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Follow up. My daughters symptoms got a bit worse, she was a mess for a couple of days (nausea, hacking couch, aches etc.) but nothing terrible. My wife started feeling mildly symptomatic not long after I posted and tested positive Wednesday. It got worse, but nowhere near what my daughter was feeling. I started to feel it a bit on Wednesday, but was negative, a bit worse Thursday, mild sore sore throat and cough, still negative. Early Friday I woke up feeling really achy and the cough was worse. Still negative. I didn't feel good, but was able to be up and about. Felt much better yesterday morning and tested again . . . positive, so much so that the "T" lime showed up solidly almost immediately. Today I'm feeling almost back to normal.

I only mention this because this is my observation: GET ANY AND ALL BOOSTERS YOU CAN! That's what I did and my case was pretty uneventful. I had the most recent booster and all the previous ones. My wife hasn't had the most recent and was hit a bit worse than I. And our daughter is less up to date on her vaccines than the two us and she got hit much harder.

So I'll just say it again, GET YOUR BOOSTERS ASAP if you haven't already. This bug ain't going anywhere, and in fact is surging again.

Glad you're feeling better. What did you use to test for COVID? I have 2 iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test kits. I haven't used them because I haven't had any symptoms.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:01 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Glad you're feeling better. What did you use to test for COVID? I have 2 iHealth COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test kits. I haven't used them because I haven't had any symptoms.

Thanks. That's test we have been using.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChefLinda

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:23 am    Post subject:

Glad you're doing okay DMR. Even though your family is a small sample size, the moral of the story is clear. Get the latest booster ASAP.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject:

I'm up to date on my COVID vaccinations. Kaiser has a text message follow up monitoring side effects. I get a questionnaire on occasion. I think it goes on for about 5 weeks. I haven't had any side effects. I had very little ache in the injection area, much less than the initial shot.

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:28 pm    Post subject:

DMR, Wife, Daughter

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:56 pm    Post subject:

FernieBee wrote:
DMR, Wife, Daughter

🍻
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Guardian News

(China’s relaxation of zero-Covid rules sparks concern about spread of new variants)

Quote:
As China abruptly dropped some of its toughest Covid-19 restrictions – including scrapping quarantine rules for travellers, experts are watching nervously to see how this may impact Covid-19 variants and their global spread, with some countries already ramping up precautionary measures. The decision on Monday to drop quarantine for overseas visitors from 8 January has prompted concerns about the potential for new variants beyond China’s borders. Japan and India are among the countries that have introduced measures to prevent an influx of cases China’s move to open up travel sparks concern over spread of new Covid variants
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:18 am    Post subject:

MSNBC

(Dr. Gottlieb: China could have successive waves of infection now)

Quote:
Former FDA Commissioner, Dr. Scott Gottlieb, joins Morning Joe to discuss the China's recent grappling with Covid.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2023 5:51 pm    Post subject:

PBS NewsHour

(New COVID subvariant spreads rapidly in Northeast, sparking concerns it evades vaccines)

Quote:
Three years into the pandemic and yet another new variant of the coronavirus has emerged. The omicron subvariant known as XBB.1.5 now accounts for more than 40% of new COVID infections in the U.S. and around 75% of cases in the Northeast. Dr. Jay Varma of the Cornell Center for Pandemic Prevention and Response joined William Brangham to discuss the concerns.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 315, 316, 317, 318  Next
Page 316 of 318
Jump to: