BLACK LIVES MATTER (Please Continue to Say Their Names) - DALANEO MARTIN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 74, 75, 76  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
This is why I support the death penalty in certain circumstances. I'd flip the switch myself on this MF'er, without an ounce of guilt.

i wouldn't bat an eye and there'd might even be a sense of satisfaction to it.

Killing him would be giving him the easy way out. Send him to the most hostile prison in the country and put him in the general population. He would be brutalized. I don't know how long he'd last but the period he did would be very painful. Give him the dirtiest job in the facility. I would absolutely love this THIS

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:39 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
This is why I support the death penalty in certain circumstances. I'd flip the switch myself on this MF'er, without an ounce of guilt.

Damn.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 8:53 am    Post subject:

A reminder that the American police force regardless of locality is almost all bad apples.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:29 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Killing him would be giving him the easy way out. Send him to the most hostile prison in the country and put him in the general population. He would be brutalized. I don't know how long he'd last but the period he did would be very painful. Give him the dirtiest job in the facility. I would absolutely love this THIS

That would never happen. And that's the point. As I said before, he would sit in segregation away from the rest of the prison population. Likely, the only other prisoners he might come in contact with would be likeminded people who would simply high-five him.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 9:35 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Damn.

I said "might" . . .
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 10:05 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

That would never happen. And that's the point. As I said before, he would sit in segregation away from the rest of the prison population. Likely, the only other prisoners he might come in contact with would be likeminded people who would simply high-five him.

I realize that to be true. I'm wishing upon a star. As is the bold green.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
SweetP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 10:08 am    Post subject:

Quote:
BoringButVeryNastyHat
@Popehat
Imagine being one of the bystanders, powerless to help without getting killed yourself, as the cops leisurely kill this guy in broad daylight

This is what made it even more horrific in some ways, just how casual and prolonged this was. In full view of a crowd of people recording them and the cops just kept at it for several minutes. Calmly and slowly watching the guy die while kneeling on him. No hurry, no chaos just methodically snuffing out a life like it was no big deal.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject:

Revealing article by a Republican writer.

After George Floyd Murder, the N.J. Republican Party Will Continue to Condone Trump Racism
By Alan Steinberg | May 27, 2020, 11:18 am | in Columnist

LINK

Quote:
On December 4, 2019, Donald Trump’s Roy Cohn, Attorney General William Barr threatened African-Americans who would protest racist police brutality, as follows: “… if communities don’t give that support and respect, they might find themselves without the police protection they need.”

With that statement, the Trump administration gave a license to white racist police officers to engage in unrestrained acts of violence against African-Americans. Yesterday in Minneapolis, Minnesota, we saw the results.

Quote:
I have searched for any comment whatsoever on the part of Donald Trump regarding the murder of George Floyd. I have found no such statement in either his infamous Tweets or the news coverage.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 12:27 pm    Post subject:

NEW SURVEILLANCE VID SHOWS MOMENTS BEFORE KILLING ...
No Signs of Him Resisting; Mayor Calls for Charges

goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 1:01 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

I was impressed with the interview that the mayor gave yesterday. Good to see that he acted swiftly and didn’t hide behind the police union. I doubt that we would see the same reaction if it had happened in LA.
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 1:05 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Police unions need to be banned. I don't know how that would be possible, but as long as they're around, no substantial steps can be taken to hold their members accountable.

I think I've mentioned it before on these forums, but I have several friends in LE, and I've heard on more than one occasion from the ones who are supervisors that it's nearly impossible to effectively discipline, let alone terminate problem individuals.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:14 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Police unions need to be banned. I don't know how that would be possible, but as long as they're around, no substantial steps can be taken to hold their members accountable.

I think I've mentioned it before on these forums, but I have several friends in LE, and I've heard on more than one occasion from the ones who are supervisors that it's nearly impossible to effectively discipline, let alone terminate problem individuals.

Police officers deserve workplace protections just like any other worker. The problem is that they have been empowered with a tradition of gang-like protectionism that goes WAY beyond that, even to the point that a whistler blower within the union who raises a reasonable complaint against a fellow member is likely to be ostracized or worse.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Police officers deserve workplace protections just like any other worker. The problem is that they have been empowered with a tradition of gang-like protectionism that goes WAY beyond that, even to the point that a whistler blower within the union who raises a reasonable complaint against a fellow member is likely to be ostracized or worse.

Agreed. Don't disband police unions; disband police forces all together.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:48 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

OK. When someone breaks into your home, robs a bank, kills someone, who ya gonna call, GHOST BUSTERS???

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject:

DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

That's a common management complaint against all unions (precisely because management can't fire and discipline willy nilly), but the reality here is that there can be laws made about what constitutes misconduct that supersede that protection.
rokobe81
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject:

If the county attorney will not press charges can anybody else do it?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:06 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

That's a common management complaint against all unions (precisely because management can't fire and discipline willy nilly), but the reality here is that there can be laws made about what constitutes misconduct that supersede that protection.

In my union it's not really an issue. We have workplace place protections, but if someone violates any safety, legal or abuse issues, they are gone and the union supports appropriate punitive measures.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:07 pm    Post subject:

rokobe81 wrote:
If the county attorney will not press charges can anybody else do it?

I'm fairly certain the Feds can pursue it.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:11 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

OK. When someone breaks into your home, robs a bank, kills someone, who ya gonna call, GHOST BUSTERS???

I'll call on you and you call on me. We'll all be part of a rotating constabulary.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
DuncanIdaho wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

e.g. drinking on the job, absenteeism, disobedience etc.

Most common offense, abuse of power, is difficult to defeat because the Blue Shield is in place. If you turn snitch, even in the worst cases, you're labeled and most likely hurt your chances of advancement or in the heat of a fire fight not be sure someone will watch your back.

Cases caught on camera are becoming more difficult to defend. Body cams usage isn't being properly enforced. Cell phone video can make a difference.

Last edited by jodeke on Thu May 28, 2020 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
rokobe81
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:33 pm    Post subject:

We keep hearing in cases like this that there are bad apples everywhere, but here we have 4 out of 4. What are the odds?
I always felt that these "bad apples" tend to be from the same departments.
The police in Minnesota has a long history of "bad apples" so probably the department is full of them.

I am sure that the new chief is trying to clean the mess, but it's very difficult.
The Mesa PD chief had to resign after he tried to reform the department after they killed Daniel Shaver. They act like a criminal organization
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 3:50 pm    Post subject:

rokobe81 wrote:
We keep hearing in cases like this that there are bad apples everywhere, but here we have 4 out of 4. What are the odds?
I always felt that these "bad apples" tend to be from the same departments.
The police in Minnesota has a long history of "bad apples" so probably the department is full of them.

I am sure that the new chief is trying to clean the mess, but it's very difficult.
The Mesa PD chief had to resign after he tried to reform the department after they killed Daniel Shaver. They act like a criminal organization

The institution itself is rotten, hence it recruits bad apples and turns the few good apples sour.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject:

If you are in that much "fear" that you feel the need to kill a guy in handcuffs because he is a "threat" than obviously you are not qualified for the job. Or society in general, (bleep) that.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

I'll call on you and you call on me. We'll all be part of a rotating constabulary.

Ask Ahmed Aubrey how that works out.

Odd that someone who calls people out for asking others to be decent and follow the rules in public as being "deranged" is an advocate for vigilantism . . . that's an irony that's astounding in it's magnitude.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Wed May 27, 2020 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2020 5:44 pm    Post subject:

John Boyega just made a lifelong fan out of me for his comments on this.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 74, 75, 76  Next
Page 3 of 76
Jump to: