What are your most Controversial opinions?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 78, 79, 80  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 8:03 am    Post subject:

I think on one level, america is a lane of opportunity for low wage workers to make more in safer conditions than in the home countries that the same america has helped to perpetuate as low cost suppliers if things and humans. It is also a place that screens the remainder of its immigrants and provides opportunity to the wealthier more educated who seek to move here (although racism tends to drag future generations downward), but the reality of income mobility and opportunity is vastly oversold. Most people who do well do so because they are connected to capital, and most people who are connected to capital through the circumstances of their upbringing and social/economic class that they start in.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Good & Plenty's taste better than fine and there are copious pieces in the box. Dumb name, tho.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I think on one level, america is a lane of opportunity for low wage workers to make more in safer conditions than in the home countries that the same america has helped to perpetuate as low cost suppliers if things and humans. It is also a place that screens the remainder of its immigrants and provides opportunity to the wealthier more educated who seek to move here (although racism tends to drag future generations downward), but the reality of income mobility and opportunity is vastly oversold. Most people who do well do so because they are connected to capital, and most people who are connected to capital through the circumstances of their upbringing and social/economic class that they start in.

(Me reading this): LINK
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2022 9:34 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Good & Plenty's taste better than fine and there are copious pieces in the box. Dumb name, tho.

I remember getting Good & Plenty out of an old vending machine as a child.

Back then I LOVED candy. Couldn't get enough of it.
But even back then, I didn't like Good & Plenty.
It's a licorice flavored candy. TBH, I don't like Twizzlers either.
Only red vines.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2022 4:20 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

The low cost wages exploitation is more so a function of big corp being allowed to do so by the home country, not sure if it's a US as a country's fault unless you're talking about the import tax being too low?
US for immigrants is by far the best option, the sheer number of immigrants. Education, social safety network and healthcare is guaranteed regardless of legal status and the biggest thing is that all immigrant children born here (and also dreamers who come over under 18, may have to fight for it) will become American citizens. This opportunity is not oversold, people don't move family unless it's for better opportunity.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 4:04 pm    Post subject:

Halloween sucks, it's boring, and the decorations look tacky.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:29 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Only red vines.

I feel like I'm eating plastic when I bite into a Twizzler.
Red Vines all the way.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2022 11:37 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
kikanga wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Only red vines.

I feel like I'm eating plastic when I bite into a Twizzler.
Red Vines all the way.

Only the black is the licorice in strictest terms, tho Red Vines still makes black ones. I dunno if Twizzlers still does, but I second the post saying Twizzlers are a form of plastic. I can do the Red/Purple Vines, still. I hate popcorn, so Red Vines have been a consistent theater choice for me for many years.

Good & Plenty is one of the or the longest running candy in the US. I see it on shelves, tho, and they never have one or more missing packs from the box. They got em in aisles at my grox store, full boxes always. Afaic, because it's black licorice, you will only ever try it (again) if by some coincidence puts a box in front of you because you ain't purposely buying it. And then, if you actually eat a few, you might eat a few more if only because you've already invested in fouling your tastebuds up for the next hour. Same goes w/ green NyQuil. If you are illin and desperately need NyQuil and you only got a choice between the green kind, yer prolly gonna slug a cup down while pinching your nose and then shuddering at the sink while you sling handfuls of water into your mouth. W/ NyQuil, even the red sh is whole-body shutters nasty.

Beyond that, I dunno how the hell people drink so much Jagermeister considering that black licorice is the least liked candy for everyone younger than 90+ years who grew up sucking on licorice drops as kids. Brian Dennehy eats a piece of it in "Silverado" because the movie was set in the 1800s when Jodeke was a kid. I know chasers are there for a reason, but Jager is the kind of S that makes that chaser come faster than Usain Bolt.

Following the pink/white motif and plastic, frosted Mother's Animal Crackers? The mouth feel of those has gotta be akin to eating a candle. Even McDonald's doesn't feel that greasy.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 4:07 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Beyond that, I dunno how the hell people drink so much Jagermeister considering that black licorice is the least liked candy for everyone younger than 90+ years who grew up sucking on licorice drops as kids. Brian Dennehy eats a piece of it in "Silverado" because the movie was set in the 1800s when Jodeke was a kid. I know chasers are there for a reason, but Jager is the kind of S that makes that chaser come faster than Usain Bolt.

Following the pink/white motif and plastic, frosted Mother's Animal Crackers? The mouth feel of those has gotta be akin to eating a candle. Even McDonald's doesn't feel that greasy.

I love how you guys rip Jo. Reminds me of my buddies and I.

Ya Jager is so syrup-y with a taste that overpowers anything else. You'd think it was a liqueur (instead of liquor). I'll drink a Jagerbomb if someone really wants me to. That's probably the most pleasant way I've found to drink Jager. But ideally, you'll never drink that heinous liquid in the first place.

I remember Mother's Animal Crackers!! I loved them! But you are right. The texture of those things. You'll never forget.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:36 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Halloween sucks.

I got a controversial one for you. RIP J-Dilla. How do you feel about this statement? It should've been asked back then.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:15 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
C M B wrote:
Halloween sucks.

I got a controversial one for you. RIP J-Dilla. How do you feel about this statement? It should've been asked back then.

I still don't know who J Dilla is, and I think it will always be funnier that way.

RIP J Dilla

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:32 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Ya Jager is so syrup-y with a taste that overpowers anything else. You'd think it was a liqueur (instead of liquor). I'll drink a Jagerbomb if someone really wants me to. That's probably the most pleasant way I've found to drink Jager. But ideally, you'll never drink that heinous liquid in the first place.

I remember Mother's Animal Crackers!! I loved them! But you are right. The texture of those things. You'll never forget.

Hard liquor is disgusting, Jager is really disgusting, and black licorice is only slightly less disgusting.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Twitter, tiktok, and twitch were designed for idiots, and the idiots keep them.

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:29 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Ironically, animal mother was a cracker.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:04 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

My first pair of hard sole shoes was Thom Mcan. Founded in 1922 and like me still around.

I've watched Silverado at least 10 times. I love the Danny Glover fight scence when he wasn't allowed service. LINK

For any in the forum who think I'm bothered by what I think is being lovingly harassed, believe me, I'm not, I love it. I hope those who do the harassing live long enough to be the ones harassed. Long life is a blessing.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
FernieBee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject:

I would tell jodeke to act his age, but I'm afraid he would kick the bucket if I told him that.

jodeke, had illuminated manuscript been invented by the time you were in primary school?

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:46 am    Post subject:

I'm conflicted about progress. Example. Automobile assembly lines. How many jobs did they eliminate? Are the cars really better? I'm all for progress but in some instances, progression may cause regression.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 9:37 am    Post subject:

It's a damn shame Holloween is no longer a day of fun and goblins. So many people with mental disorders and hate make it Horrorween.

Parents, I know your kids may get angry but if it's not wrapped throw it away. If it is wrapped check it carefully.

ENJOY THE TRADITION AND BE DILIGENT.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Armani suit and tie wearing Nike tennis. What's happened to fashion? Drew Carey is ridiculous.

governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 6:19 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Armani suit and tie wearing Nike tennis. What's happened to fashion? Drew Carey is ridiculous.

button downs, slacks and vests up here, the army of the finance bros
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:

Ironically, animal mother was a cracker.

On the field: "I am become Death, destroyer of worlds".

Off the field: "Cracker who needs hand grenades thrown at him the rest of his life".
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:22 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The Nike shoes thing has eliminated high heels for the gurlz, too. Tacky, popular or not. It was cute when Don Nelson wore em in a cheap suit w/ a trout tie. There was kitch w/ guys like Don.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 12:11 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
governator wrote:
jodeke wrote:

The Nike shoes thing has eliminated high heels for the gurlz, too. Tacky, popular or not. It was cute when Don Nelson wore em in a cheap suit w/ a trout tie. There was kitch w/ guys like Don.

Do you mean kitsch? Jus messin wit cha.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Nothing. Fashion has always been all over the place. The thing about style, is other people's sense of it in no way impugns your own.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:53 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Nothing. Fashion has always been all over the place. The thing about style, is other people's sense of it in no way impugns your own.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72 ... 78, 79, 80  Next
Page 71 of 80
Jump to: