T-Wovles open to trading the number 1 pick

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:19 pm    Post subject: T-Wovles open to trading the number 1 pick

Link: https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/timberwolves-open-to-trading-no-1-pick-expected-to-base-decision-purely-on-value-per-report/

They talk about the reason they would be open to trading the #1 pick is because they feel they are set at the PG, SG and C positions and the top three guys in the draft play those same positions.

Which got me thinking, the position they are weakest at is PF and the Lakers have young dynamic high scoring PF, that is under-utilized in the current team roster.

So would a Kuz + Filler (Future Picks and/or Green/KCP) be enough to get that #1 pick?

And as I said, the top three guy's positions are positions the Lakers could upgrade at:

LaMelo Ball: PG @ 6'7', 180lbs he is on the thin side, 17ppg 7.6rpg 6.8apg (Alert 25% - 3pt shooting) would the Lakers want to roll the dice with another Ball?

Anthony Edwards: SG: @ 6'5", 225lbs he is very solidly built, 19.1ppg 5.2rpg 2.8apg (29.4% 3pt shooting)??

James Wiseman: C @ 7'1" 240lbs, great size for today's centers, 19.7ppg and 10.7rpg he could fill the middle for a long time and should fit well with Davis!

Thoughts?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:58 pm    Post subject:

Kuz would be a good addition to the Wolves but I don’t think that we have the assets to pull it off.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:00 am    Post subject:

Kuz + filler is nowhere near enough.

Plus it interrupts FA 2021 plans with a lottery salary pick.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2020 8:27 pm    Post subject:

We wouldn't be able to pull off this trade due to lack of assets. More likely than not, Wolves are just trying to trade down a few spots and get a couple other assets in the process. Something like Wolves trade #1 to Knicks for #8, 2021 unprotected 1st round pick (maybe another 2nd round pick to get to fair value).
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:51 am    Post subject:

If the T-pups really wanna take Ball at #1, then that could make Russell available and with him not performing too well in his games there, they might not have a problem moving him.

So Kuz, McGee, filler and our #28 pick might work. Kuz would be a great fit for the T-Wolves and Lakers would love Russell's play and 3-point shooting..
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: