šŸˆNFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREADšŸˆ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 203, 204, 205 ... 333, 334, 335  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:48 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
Terrible holding call to decide the game.

It shouldnā€™t have been called. But the game was decided when the Eagles came out of halftime with a ā€œtry not to loseā€ attitude.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:58 pm    Post subject:

It's true. Rihanna is pregnant.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/music-news/rihanna-pregnant-rep-confirms-super-bowl-halftime-show-1235323383/
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:28 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/music-news/rihanna-pregnant-rep-confirms-super-bowl-halftime-show-1235323383/

Yeah, that was pretty obvious when she started rubbing her belly and winking at the camera.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:38 pm    Post subject:

I'm happy for Andy Reid. LA kid. He has turned out to be one hell of a coach.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:49 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Yeah, that was pretty obvious when she started rubbing her belly and winking at the camera.

I missed that part. lol. Didn't see the whole performance.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 8:58 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I'm happy for Andy Reid. LA kid. He has turned out to be one hell of a coach.

Reid is the reason I knew the Eagles were done after seeing the third quarter. Heā€™s always going to have an answer. He went into halftime behind and with a QB who was injured and he got his team ready to turn it around. Not to take anything away from Mahomes, but that was the coachā€™s win. He conducted a master class for Sirianni to observe.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Agree with DMR that Sirianni got his ass handed to him by Reid in the 2nd half. But wow, what a missed opportunity for the Eagles. Felt like they should have been up by 17-21 points, the way the offense was pretty much doing whatever it wanted in the first half and with holding the KC offense to just 7 points. Obviously, the fumble-six was a gigantic play that helped the Chiefs to not get completely blown out in the first half. But I think Philly really messed up badly on the last drive of the first half and on their first drive of the second half. If you recall, Philly had a 3rd and 1 in KC territory (maybe around the 45 or something) with about 50 seconds left and 2 timeouts. They got the first down on the sneak, which was a call I agreed with. However, they inexplicably didn't use one of their two timeouts there. After the ensuing first down incompletion, there were only 28 seconds left. They were basically always going to be extremely hard-pressed to get a touchdown after that, and at least they did get a FG to end the half. But that was terrible time management. If they had used the timeout after the sneak, they would have had enough time to realistically still have a TD in their sights, and it was a mistake.

Now on to the first drive of the second half for Philly. Not once but twice, they failed to get the play call in, resulting in a delay of game the first time, and then they took the timeout the second time. Hmm, think they could have used that timeout at the end? It only literally decided that Philly had no chance to come back, after the Bradberry penalty. That extra timeout changes everything. At worst, with 2 timeouts there, KC can only run the clock down to about 48 seconds, and that's only if they score on third down. (They did run it down to 8 seconds, and having an extra timeout would've saved 40 seconds.) Both teams would have had to play it straight up, so if KC scores before third down, now there's at least 90 seconds left, and possibly more. So not having that timeout was crucial. Extremely and utterly crucial. Also, on the ensuing play after calling the timeout, on 3rd and long, Philly came out and ran a 3-yard pass that didn't have a chance. It was a disastrous timeout, truly, that had calamitous effects on their chances of winning in the end.

My nephew is a huge Eagles fan and he's sick.
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 10:59 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
panamaniac wrote:
That was actually a very good HT show, even with the tape miming.

Very cool staging and production, but outside of that? . . . Meh.

Prince still reigns as the best HT act ever.

MJ halftime perfomance is my all time favorite.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:12 am    Post subject:

KC run game was big time. To get over 100 ground yds from their halfbacks (and an extra 44 from Mahomes) against a staunch Philly defense was crucial. It kept Eaglesā€™ pass rush honest, just enough for Mahomes to do his thing. Isiah Pacheco was a stud, and had huge runs for KC this postseason, what a find he has been for them.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:56 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
32 wrote:
Wow what a great Super Bowl. Congratulations to the Kansas City Chiefs. Not many experts give them a chance. Patrick Mahomes is the real deal.

I can't believe the Eagles' D got manhandled like that. Wow

Philadelphia now have lost to Finals in the last 3 months:

World Series to the Astros in November 2022 and now the Super Bowl in Feb 2023.

Imagine if the Sixers made the Finals and lost

I donā€™t follow MLS, but looks like LA beat Philadelphia in Nov last yr.

So 3 consecutive finals defeats in 3 months for Philadelphia.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:26 am    Post subject:

I'm also happy for JuJu Smith-Schuster USC star. He came up with some big time catches in the 4th quarter.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:07 am    Post subject:

Fans of Cincinnati and Philadelphia definitely have a right to some sour grapes, overall some of the worst playoff officiating I have ever seen in the NFL and seemingly every call in favor of Kansas City.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 3:41 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Dominator wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
32 wrote:
Wow what a great Super Bowl. Congratulations to the Kansas City Chiefs. Not many experts give them a chance. Patrick Mahomes is the real deal.

I can't believe the Eagles' D got manhandled like that. Wow

Philadelphia now have lost to Finals in the last 3 months:

World Series to the Astros in November 2022 and now the Super Bowl in Feb 2023.

Imagine if the Sixers made the Finals and lost

I donā€™t follow MLS, but looks like LA beat Philadelphia in Nov last yr.

So 3 consecutive finals defeats in 3 months for Philadelphia.

All aired on FOX btw
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Philadelphia makes sporting history as Super Bowl defeat makes them the first city in HISTORY to lose three straight sports championships... after Phillies were beaten in World Series and Union lost MLS Cup final

The final result of this game marked the second time in American sports history that the same city had teams lose three finals in the same season. Unfortunately, that title also goes to Philadelphia.

Quote:
In the 1979-80 season:

- the Flyers lost the Stanley Cup Final in six games to the New York Islanders,

- the 76ers lost the NBA Finals in six games to the Los Angeles Lakers, and

- the Eagles lost Super Bowl XV to the Oakland Raiders that crowned them champions of the 1980 season.

While it may currently be doom-and-gloom for the city, its NBA team - the 76ers - remain in playoff contention in the Eastern Conference.

With James Harden and Joel Embiid at the helm, Philadelphia (36-19) sit third in the conference, just five wins behind Boston.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-11743835/Philadelphia-city-HISTORY-lose-three-straight-sports-championships.html
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 5:28 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
Philadelphia makes sporting history as Super Bowl defeat makes them the first city in HISTORY to lose three straight sports championships... after Phillies were beaten in World Series and Union lost MLS Cup final

The final result of this game marked the second time in American sports history that the same city had teams lose three finals in the same season. Unfortunately, that title also goes to Philadelphia.

Quote:
In the 1979-80 season:

- the Flyers lost the Stanley Cup Final in six games to the New York Islanders,

- the 76ers lost the NBA Finals in six games to the Los Angeles Lakers, and

- the Eagles lost Super Bowl XV to the Oakland Raiders that crowned them champions of the 1980 season.

While it may currently be doom-and-gloom for the city, its NBA team - the 76ers - remain in playoff contention in the Eastern Conference.

With James Harden and Joel Embiid at the helm, Philadelphia (36-19) sit third in the conference, just five wins behind Boston.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/nfl/article-11743835/Philadelphia-city-HISTORY-lose-three-straight-sports-championships.html

Great info LBP. You always post entertaining facts from the past.

Maybe that's why I was rooting for the Eagles. They contributed to my Raiders SB championship. LOL.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:08 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:

Maybe that's why I was rooting for the Eagles. They contributed to my Raiders SB championship. LOL.

You know in my lifetime, I've never experienced a Raider title? I don't know how much hope I have that I'll ever see one.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:50 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

You know in my lifetime, I've never experienced a Raider title? I don't know how much hope I have that I'll ever see one.

I was just 10 years old back then. I became a fan cause I thought their logo looked awesome. LOL
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:43 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Aaron will bring one next year.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:53 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

Aaron will bring one next year.

If the Raiders make the playoffs with a home game in any round then I am booking a trip to Vegas. Or if they are playing the Chargers here then it's even better. LOL
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:01 pm    Post subject:

I'm kinda conflicted about THE CALL. Holding is holding. Some are missed, and some are not. That doesn't alter the fact that a hold is a hold. Refs don't have the luxury of time to decern when it's appropriate to call a hold or when it's not. Refs are instinctive and should call as they see.

If the call hadn't been made MAYBE Butker would have made the field goal from, I think, the 15 yard line and given the Eagles the ball with almost 2 minutes to go MAYBE NOT.

Maybe Jalen would have scored a touchdown or gotten within field goal range and sent the game into overtime, MAYBE NOT.

When asked about the hold Bradberry admitted he held but was kinda ambivalent. He seemed to think the call should have been made but this was not the time to make it if that makes any sense. A hold is a hold regardless of when it happens.

OT would have been exciting. Patrick and Jalen were tossing the pigskin and running with excellence. Jalen was making the more accurate and difficult passes, Patrick was also on target.

THE CALL tainted the Chief's win for some, not for me.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
aprevo15
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:10 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I'm kinda conflicted about THE CALL. Holding is holding. Some are missed, and some are not. That doesn't alter the fact that a hold is a hold. Refs don't have the luxury of time to decern when it's appropriate to call a hold or when it's not. Refs are instinctive and should call as they see.

If the call hadn't been made MAYBE Butker would have made the field goal from the 15 yard line and given the Eagles the ball with almost 2 minutes to go MAYBE NOT.

Maybe Jalen would have scored a touchdown or gotten within field goal range and sent the game into overtime, MAYBE NOT.

When asked about the hold Bradberry admitted he held but was kinda ambivalent. He seemed to think the call should have been made but this was not the time to make it if that makes any sense. A hold is a hold regardless of when it happens.

OT would have been exciting. Patrick and Jalen were tossing the pigskin and running with excellence. Jalen was making the more accurate and difficult passes, Patrick was also on target.

THE CALL tainted the Chief's win for some, not for me.

I agree with you also. A hold is a hold. I don't believe in letting them play when the game is on the line. Penalties are part of the game regardless of when it happens. People saying the Chiefs SB is tainted because of the call are just hating and the broadcasters that are saying that are only doing it to get views.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:36 pm    Post subject:

I think all the UFO's are aliens who have come back through time to see the historic start to the Rams Super Bowl run that starts now. At least that is what Kyrie told me
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:37 pm    Post subject:

aprevo15 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

I was just 10 years old back then. I became a fan cause I thought their logo looked awesome. LOL

I'm a few years older than you, but I was the same . . . what kid didn't want to root for a team with a skull and crossbones logo, a DB known as the "Assassin" and a QB called the "Snake".
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:16 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

I'm a few years older than you, but I was the same . . . what kid didn't want to root for a team with a skull and crossbones logo, a DB known as the "Assassin" and a QB called the "Snake".

I would imagine that NFL Films played a part in the romance of the Raiders, so to speak. That John Facenda-narrated "The Autumn Wind" piece alone is still inspiring to this day!
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:21 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
aprevo15 wrote:

I would imagine that NFL Films played a part in the romance of the Raiders, so to speak. That John Facenda-narrated "The Autumn Wind" piece alone is still inspiring to this day!

agree on Autumn wind.

They have had some transcendent players

Al was a pioneer

The logo and colors are great for all ethnicities and body types

On the west coast, they were the antithesis of the 49ers and rams.

I remember as a kid going to games at the coliseum and my mom saying every time the games were over. "Ok lets all hold hands and get out of here."

The Raiders for me are baked in. When they went back up north it was almost a relief. Games weren't ideal to attend here anymore. 3 of us flew up to oakland and saw a bunch of games. Even that got to be a bit much even if you were wearing the colors.

I am happy they are in vegas. A more transient crowd and the stadium is exactly what a raider stadium should look like.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 203, 204, 205 ... 333, 334, 335  Next
Page 204 of 335
Jump to: