Official JEANIE BUSS Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:29 pm    Post subject:

focus wrote:
activeverb wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Jeanie is an idiot and I wish fans and the media would start holding her and Rob Pelinka accountable for this crap roster and crap coach they hired.

Seriously she only got his work ethic and ambition but none of his brilliance and hearing her talk makes her seem clueless and a daddy's girl who only wants to impress her daddy

So far she has failed miserably in doing that during her 10 years as Lakers governor. Anyone who gives her any credit for the 2020 championship is an idiot because it was all Lebron. Without Lebron, we could have been looking at 8 out of 10 years of missing the playoffs without a championship.

When you take the attitude "she gets all the blame for the bad, and none of the credit for the good," you're pretty much saying there's no reason to even have a discussion. You've declared that no matter what happens you're going to stack the deck so she can never be viewed favorably.

To be fair, I think you need to consider the totality of what happened while she's been in charge. You can't simply pick the bad things and forget about the good things.
What credit do you think should get for the good, i.e. for the process to the championship? Considering the totality.

In the totality, I would say Jeanie hasn't been a good owner. I have not been impressed with the people she's hired. The organization has been chaotic with no clear strategy beyond "get stars." To her credit, that did result in a championship, and that's no small thing. But the championship has been one glistening gem on an ocean of floundering.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 4:40 pm    Post subject:

There's been a turnaround. The current roster is a very good one. I don't know if Jeanie is getting help or Rob is a better GM than I gave him credit for being. We have a team that if kept together with a few tweais can be a contender,

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:36 pm    Post subject:

I'm convinced that Snyder (who is friends with Pelinka) isn't our coach because we wouldn't pay the pricetag, and Ham is our coach because he would sign for a discount to break through while agreeing to babysit Russ.

You get what you pay for.
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 9:50 am    Post subject:

Jeanie, (Rob, F.O.) you do everything in your power to bring this team back even if we win it this year, as you know back to backs are nice.

Keep that purse open & im not going to prioritize players but just by reading posts & reactions Beasley is at low end, but remember since our last Chip we have had a hard time acquiring them, especially young ones! If we let go of Beasley don’t be crying we don’t have shooting, Dennis is gonna demand his value amongst AR, etc…

Yes, we have Christie coming back & can replace someone & we’ll have a first rounder too (even though he’ll probably sit like Max. I just hope the F.O. makes sure we have 9-10 players locked up if possibly for more than 1 year with as little minimum players as possible, but don’t think that will happen & another 1 or 2 players who want to do a Dennis deal is more realistic.
HC: Riley
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:06 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
I'm convinced that Snyder (who is friends with Pelinka) isn't our coach because we wouldn't pay the pricetag, and Ham is our coach because he would sign for a discount to break through while agreeing to babysit Russ.

You get what you pay for.

You have to consider the coaching message. Quinn Snyder is almost like a college coach, constantly yelling at his players. I don’t think that’s going to work on a team of veterans, in particular Russell, Lebron and Anthony. That is a quick way to lose the locker room. You kind of see that happening in Atlanta. Has Quinn Synder lost Trae Young?

Darvin Ham, on the other hand, has control of the locker room, his guys. Anthony respects him. He got Russell to accept a reduced role. He got the most out of his guys. He even grabbed his first playoff win in comeback fashion on the road. That’s a really incredible feat, people say a playoff series doesn’t begin until the road team wins (it’s that much of a challenge).

I think Darvin deserves a lot of credit for what he has done in his first season.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:14 am    Post subject:

The constant pissing and moaning about Jeanie is unwarranted. The team has had the sixth or seventh highest payroll over the past 3 seasons, they have been a play-in team over the past 3 seasons. Also, bank rolling a higher salaried team isn’t going to make Lebron and Anthony play a full season — accept they are injury prone, that’s why they are a play-in team.

The stars playing 40 to 50 games each season is outside of HER control.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:18 am; edited 2 times in total
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:17 am    Post subject:

Funny how often these complainers are silent when we win on game day and then come out of the woodwork in between games.

I'd say get a life, but that's not it.

Get some happiness...life's too short to be this miserable over sports entertainment.

#BannersOverBillboards
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:18 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
The pissing and moaning about Jeanie is unwarranted.

This is where your post should have ended. Everything else that came after from you is just trolling my guy.

You’re like Anakin Skywalker right now, and VCF is Palpatine. Come back to the light!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:52 am    Post subject:

I love that Jeanie hasn't been doing interviews these days talking about basketball. Behind the scene owner is the best type of owner.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:55 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
I love that Jeanie hasn't been doing interviews these days talking about basketball. Behind the scene owner is the best type of owner.

Even James Dolan, probably the worst owner in professional team sports, finally became hands off.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2023 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Recent Jeanie interview w/ Mark Medina

Quote:
What was your reaction to LeBron saying after the season ended that he might retire?

My dad [Jerry Buss] told me many times that no decision should be made after a loss in the playoffs. You give yourself time and space to reflect on things and not make any decisions in those kinds of moments. It was exactly how we treated LeBron – it was to give him his space and time that he needed to reflect and make his decision as to what is right for him.

Until LeBron said officially at the ESPYS that he’s returning, what was your level of optimism or concern about his decision?

Again, it was about giving him his space and letting him make his decision. But with the way he played last season, there was to me no reason for him to retire. But I can’t make up his mind. He has a contract. If he does play in the NBA, he’s a Laker. That part, I knew. But you can’t force somebody to play if they don’t want to play. It was really his decision to make.

LeBron made it clear last season that he would defer to the front office on roster moves and support anything they did or didn’t make. How did you see that dynamic play out?

He was true to his word in terms of supporting the organization and the decisions that the organization is making. It was exactly what he meant. He would be in support of the decisions that the organization was making like hiring a new head coach. I can’t speak for LeBron. But he was true to that statement, and we appreciate his support.

What will you remember most about the night LeBron eclipsed Kareem’s all-time scoring record?

It was really a special moment. It felt like a celebration and the idea that Kareem was there to literally pass the torch is what made it really special. It had a playoff-type atmosphere. It had a family feel with the Lakers family. It was great for LeBron to be able to break that record in Los Angeles. I’m grateful the record will be held by somebody wearing a Lakers jersey at the time.

But it’s really LeBron’s record and a tribute to him for his career. It isn’t a Lakers record. It’s a LeBron record. He’s had just an amazing career. Being the NBA’s all-time leading scorer is a pretty unique title to own. Congratulations to him.

I was just grateful to be a part of it and host an event that people would remember for a long time. I don’t even know how to describe it. I’m grateful the Lakers organization can be a part of such an important milestone in history and we got to witness history being made in person.

What would it mean if LeBron retires as a Laker?

It would mean a lot. But it won’t change his contributions to Lakers history. It’s great if he retires as a Laker. That’s the ultimate thing because a player like Shaquille O’Neal has meant so much to Lakers history, but he wasn’t a Laker when he retired from the NBA. But that didn’t change what his part of Lakers history was. When he retired from the NBA, we retired his Lakers jersey.

Given that, is it definitive the Lakers will retire LeBron’s jersey?

The standard for having your jersey retired as a Laker is when a player is inducted into the Hall-of-Fame. I have absolutely no doubt that LeBron will make it into the Basketball Hall-of-Fame. When he does so, then we will retire his jersey. Knowing that he will make it into the Basketball Hall-of-Fame, he will have his Lakers jersey retired. No doubt about it.

Will that be both of his jersey numbers or just one of them?

That’s a discussion for another time.

What’s your message to the James family following Bronny’s cardiac arrest this week?

I don’t want to make any public comments about that. I defer to the request the James family made and am giving them their time to be together as a player. That’s done privately.

(Cedars-Sinai Medical Center said in a statement on Thursday, “Thanks to the swift and effective response by the USC athletics’ medical staff, Bronny James was successfully treated for a sudden cardiac arrest. He arrived at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center fully conscious, neurologically intact and stable. Mr. James was cared for promptly by highly-trained staff and has been discharged home, where he is resting. Although his workup will be ongoing, we are hopeful for his continued progress and are encouraged by his response, resilience, and his family and community support”).

In light of that, I read you donated money to a foundation on behalf of [NFL player] Damar Hamlin after he suffered cardiac arrest ($2,503 to The Chasing M’s Foundation). Why was that important to you?

I didn’t know him. But obviously with what he went through, I read about him and was really touched by his community work. I wanted to let him know that I support him. I hope someday that our paths could cross and that I could meet him and tell him that.

I made a personal donation because it felt like it was a personal connection. I couldn’t be happier for him in that he recovered and that the medical staff was acknowledged at the ESPYS for their quick work. It still gets me choked up. What I appreciated most is at that moment in time, sports fans on social media all felt the same way.

There’s not many times we can all agree on something. It felt good to be united in something. We were all putting our energy toward hoping for a full recovery for him. I just really appreciated that moment, and I hope there are more moments where we can come together and be on the same page and all be working toward positive goals.

How do you evaluate the Lakers’ past season with advancing to the Western Conference Finals, but losing to the Denver Nuggets?

It was a wonderful run at the end of the season after the trade deadline. You can dial it back to the [Rui] Hachimura trade with bringing in a player that fit in nicely with the team that we had. Then Rob furthered at the trade deadline by making moves that really fit the way that Coach Ham wanted to play. I really like how Rob talked about pre agency and that we got a chance to look at someone like Rui and how he fit in on our team so that we had the first option at bringing him back. Instead of waiting for free agency to make moves, he did it by making trades during the season. I thought the way he handled it was really strategic. He and Darvin were on the same page as to what they wanted to accomplish in terms of roster building.

What were the keys for the organization to maintain continuity, and adding depth within the confines of the salary cap?

It was a strategic and well-planned execution with the team that they wanted to build. It wasn’t about, ‘Hey, let’s look at who is available’ and ‘Do we have enough money to spend on this player in free agency?’ They knew what they wanted well in advance. It was clear that the team that we got to the Conference Finals with, they wanted to try to keep together.

They did a good job at that. With the players that we needed to replace, I think they pivoted with good pickups. A player like Gabe Vincent is really significant with picking up a player that fits the style of play that our coach wants to play.

What’s your outlook on the Lakers’ championship chances given LeBron and Anthony Davis, the off-season moves and the rest of the league landscape?

I’m not going to predict that. That always limits a team. When people say, ‘The Lakers only play for championships,’ well, you have to be in the playoffs first to get to the championship. You have to put one foot in front of the other. Making it into the playoffs last season, to me, was getting over that hurdle.

That playoff experience that we could give to our younger players that had never experienced playoffs was like money in the bank, in particular, for Austin Reaves. You can’t ask a young player to go from never being in the playoffs to now playing in the NBA Finals. That’s a huge jump. You need that experience.

It would’ve been nice to get to the NBA Finals. We had an opportunity because we were one of the top four teams. But certainly we came across a Denver team that was very well prepared. Congratulations to the Denver organization for winning the championship.

We learned a lot during that series, and we’re going to use that as we go forward. With the changes to the roster that Rob made, that will give Darvin the necessary tools that he needs to take us to that next level. The end of last season wasn’t just a one off. It’s the momentum that we’re going to continue to build. Stay tuned. There will be more.

What do you think you all learned?

That’s a basketball question. That’s better answered for Rob and Coach Ham. But generally it’s about answering, ‘What were we missing that we weren’t able to beat Denver? What do we need to shore up? What are the pieces that we need? How do we address those needs?’”

What did you think of the Nuggets’ trash talk after winning the title and at the championship parade?

(laughs). It’s just that. I know the emotions they were feeling. [Former Lakers coach] Pat Riley was notorious for putting something out there to motivate his team. If that’s what the coach [Michael Malone] was trying to do, I completely understand it. We’ve experienced those emotions many times in this organization.

There was no offense. No harm, no foul as Chick [Hearn] would say. Good luck to them. On our path this past year, we knocked off the defending champs [Golden State Warriors]. Denver is now going to have an experience it never had before because they’re wearing the crown. That means everybody is going to be coming after that. That’s part of the NBA landscape. That’s what you have to go through in order to defend your title.

So I gather you laughed when Michael Malone was referred to as “The Lakers Daddy?”

(laughs). Yes. I thought it was a very timely pop culture reference to call somebody that. I can take it with the intention that he’s trying to keep his team geared on one of their rivals, which is the Lakers. They know we’re going to be ready for them. He’s got to keep his team motivated with identifying who’s their threat going into the upcoming season.

Last year, there was criticism about missing the playoffs and with the Russell Westbrook trade. Even then, you expressed support for Rob and cited his role with the Lakers’ 2020 NBA title. Rob was also granted an extension before the season started. Then and now, what qualities did you see that gave you confidence he could move things in the right direction?

I always felt then and now that Rob was the right person to be in charge of our front office. I continued to do so. Every decision that is made isn’t always the perfect one. But it’s the decision you make after that that counts. We had a roster that didn’t work and wasn’t working. But you can’t change things overnight in the NBA. But you can set yourself up by making the next right decision.

That’s exactly what Rob did. He’s very strategic. He’s very big picture. He endured a lot of challenges as did I in terms of media scrutiny. But we knew what we wanted to accomplish in the long term. You had to be patient, and you had to do the work. Every decision, you have the opportunity to make the next right decision. That’s what Rob has proven.

I presume you would defer to Rob on Anthony Davis becoming eligible for an extension in August. But philosophically, how does the organization feel about Davis?

Rob said it best. Our intention is that we want to keep continuity with our team. I’ll leave it at that.

The front office has had a strong track record with both drafting players and identifying young talent. Why do you think the organization has been successful with that?

I have to give a lot of credit to my brother, Joey Buss, who oversees our development with our G League team and my brother, Jesse Buss, who is in charge of all of our scouting. He has done a terrific job not only with our draft picks, but also identifying players that aren’t drafted and bringing them to our G-League team, our summer league team and giving players opportunities to be seen.

Even if they get called up by another team, we’re happy for those players that we’ve identified. Giving talent opportunities to make our league is important to us. We will continue to do that. They have identified players that fit the system and the style of play that Darvin Ham wants to play.

That’s the influence that Phil Jackson had on me in terms of how you run a basketball team. The first decision that needs to be made is what kind of style of play do you want to play?

Between Rob, Joey, Jesse, Coach Ham, we’re all on the same page as to what type of Laker basketball we want to play. When you’re all in agreement and in unison, that’s when great things happen. That’s when players get an opportunity to shine. That led to the kind of success that we saw and will continue to build on from the end of last season.

Darvin credited you for giving him a lot of confidence and feeling supported both through the ups and downs last season, beginning with the 2-10 start. What were your messages to him?

I gained very valuable insight with being a companion of a head coach in the NBA for many years (Jackson). I know for a coach, it is kind of a lonely existence. You are the face of the franchise day in and day out. I know what it means when the coach receives support from ownership and from the front office.

I let Darvin know that from day one that I am behind him 100% and I will continue to be behind him 100%. I reminded him of that during the season when he faced a lot of challenges.

What I appreciated about Darvin so much was that, in discussions before the season, I said, ‘Things may get worse before they get better. We’ll do everything we can to get the roster the way we want it to be.’ Darvin said, ‘That’s for me to figure out. I’m the coach of this team, so that’s for me to figure out how to bring out the best in each of these players. That’s what a coach does.’ That was music to my ears.

How did you see Darvin try to do that?

He comes from a place of authenticity that he’s done the work. There is really no BS about the guy. He knows what it takes to win in the NBA. He’s done it as a player and as an assistant coach and now as a head coach. This was all part of his skillset that he brought to the Lakers when we hired him as head coach. I think he shined in a job that had a lot of challenges.

He never faltered. What I appreciated so much about him was his calm demeanor, even when we were near the bottom of the standings when we started the season. We were awful with being 2-10. That’s a tough place to be, especially in Los Angeles, which has very high expectations for all of their teams and all of their sports. He never got too up. He never got too down. He always brought the same calm, energy day in and day out. That really set the tone with doing the work.

With Pau Gasol about to be inducted into the Hall-of-Fame, how would you contextualize what he meant to the Lakers?

I really enjoyed reflecting back on him joining the Lakers. It was a trade that was a well-kept secret in the organization. My father had talks at the time with Michael Heisley (the Grizzlies owner). My dad had a really good relationship with him. There were conversations that were had and executed on.

At first it seemed like a trade that might’ve seemed one-sided. Obviously as time went on, Marc Gasol became a very important player for the Memphis Grizzlies. It really was a fair trade. We got a great talent. But we gave up talent. Obviously with the comments by somebody like [Dallas Mavericks owner] Mark Cuban or [San Antonio Spurs coach] Gregg Popovich, I believe if they had been tipped off that the trade was going to happen, they would offer or convince Memphis not to make the trade. Thankfully, that didn’t happen.

Pau came into the team that was running the triangle offense. He picked up the offense in three days. He didn’t miss a beat. He was the perfect player. As Phil explained to me, as an organization you decide what style of play you want to play and what team you want to be. Then you hire a coach that runs that style. Then you draft a team or sign players that fit that style.

Here was the ultimate player that fit so perfectly in what we were doing. He fit with Kobe and what Kobe wanted to accomplish. Then the team just took off on a run all the way to the NBA Finals only to lose to our No. 1 rival, the Boston Celtics. That was a heartbreaker. But to come back to win the next two was really special.

How did you see Pau handle the difficult parts of his time with the Lakers with the Chris Paul trade being nixed [in 2011], changed rules and being part of trade discussions?

That was a very frustrating time, certainly for our entire organization. At that time, my dad was nearing the end of his life with his illness. It was a difficult time. I don’t know how things could’ve gone differently. When you look back at it, I wondered what would’ve happened if Phil would’ve come back for another run [in 2012-13]. Obviously he didn’t.

Pau wasn’t a player that fit into the kind of style of play that Mike D’Antoni wanted to play. That’s where you’re not on the same page and your roster can’t adjust quickly enough to what Mike wanted to do. That was an observation I had with how Phil saw the game and saw how an organization needs to be built.

Mike Brown, who was a great coach, left. Then Mike D’Antoni came in. That’s two very different styles of play. A roster in the NBA can’t change quickly enough to give a coach a real chance to make his mark in 18 months. When you’re changing coaches that quickly, it’s really difficult to be successful. When Pau left as a free agent (in 2014), that was his choice to do. He felt he had a better opportunity to go someplace else. It was hard to see Pau go. That was the next step in his journey.

Where do you put Pau’s time with the Lakers in context of his whole Hall-of-Fame resume?

His celebration was Lakers centric when we retired his jersey here. But going into the Hall-of-Fame, people need to realize his entire journey as a person and as a player that he is one of the great European players to come into our league and be successful.

It’s that global influence that he’s had and will continue to have going forward. He’s such a world leader, not just a Los Angeles Laker leader. I think the moments for him going into the basketball Hall-of-Fame will be very important.

How did you internalize all the complex emotions with Pau’s jersey retirement ceremony: Seeing and celebrating Pau for what he meant to the Lakers as well as wanting Kobe to be there because of what he has meant to you, the Lakers franchise and to Pau?

It was emotional. It was very emotional for Pau. The fact that Vanessa Bryant was there to participate meant a lot to me personally as well as to Laker fans and, of course, to Pau. I felt like Kobe was in the building. It was Pau’s moment to celebrate his career. But we all felt a little bit closer to Kobe. That was a nice feeling.

Is there any update on when Kobe’s statue will be constructed and unveiled, or too premature?

It’s too premature. It’s not for public consumption yet. Rest assured, there will be an announcement when the time is right.

Will the Lakers’ Hulu docuseries be extended for another season?

No. People have asked me that because we ended with the 2020 championship. Certainly every day that goes by, there is another Lakers story. There are no plans for another season. But we did win an Emmy for ‘Best Sports Documentary’. I was really humbled by that.

With the entire family participating in the project, have things healed between you and your brothers, Jim and Johnny?

Absolutely. It was an opportunity for everybody to share their story and to talk about the Lakers and Dr. Buss from their point of view. I think it went a long way toward opening new lines of communication for all of us.

Shaq suggested he feels excluded that you left him off you list of five most important Lakers…

[Interrupts] Yeah, I fell into that trap. I was reminded when my dad had to face questions like that with ‘Who’s your favorite player?’ His answer was, ‘Well, I’ll give you my starting five. At point guard: Magic Johnson. At shooting guard: Magic Johnson. At small forward: Magic Johnson. At power forward: Magic Johnson. At center: Magic Johnson.’

He knew how to answer a question like that. What I remind people that ask about it is I took the question as, ‘Who are the five most important Lakers to me’ in my career and in preparing me for sitting in this seat. That’s why the influence of Phil was so important. I reference that, and, of course, my relationship with Kobe not only as a great Laker, but as a great friend. He’s a person I can go to for guidance and for counsel.

You collaborated with Michael Jordan on Cincoro Gold. How did that come about?

It’s a tequila company that was founded not only by myself and Michael Jordan, but Wyc Grousbeck (Boston Celtics governor) and Wes Edens (Milwaukee Bucks governor). The four of us spent a lot of time together because we were on a committee that was overseeing the labor agreement back in 2016. The fifth founder is Emilia Fazzalari, who is married to Wyc.

We found out we had a common interest in being fans of tequila. We thought we’d create a tequila that we’d like and would want to drink. That’s really all our intention was when we came up with Cincoro. It was going to be a fun, small project. But with the pandemic and ‘The Last Dance’ documentary where people were wondering what is in the glass next to MJ really launched Cincoro.

It has been a joy to create these friendships with people that are also my rivals. The message for me is that if you don’t have a rival to push you, do you ever reach your full potential? Would the Lakers be where the Lakers are if it wasn’t for the Boston Celtics? There has to be respect for your opponent. I want to beat them on the court. But that doesn’t mean afterwards that we won’t sit down and share a drink and a story and move on to the next day when I’m going to want to beat you again.

I’m sad that MJ has sold the majority shares of his Charlotte Hornets team. But he’ll remain as a shareholder at a smaller level. He’ll still be a part of it. He’s a smart businessman. It seems like everything he gets involved with, he knows how to win. It’s great to be partners with him at a tequila company. But I’ll miss seeing him at all the Board of Governors meetings.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/news-exclusive-jeanie-buss-interview-sportskeeda-full-mark-medina

lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:43 am    Post subject:

Lebron was at least 50% responsible for our 2020 championship and anyone with half a brain would know that neither Jeanie nor Magic was responsible for bringing him here. With how deeply he's involved in Bronny's life, do you guys think for a second that he would remotely consider Cleveland or Philadelphia at the time? As far as his praises for Magic is concerned, what did you expect him to say about his GM at the time? That he didn't like him? Lebron and Magic aren't even that close right now.

With that being said, assuming Jeanie WAS NOT responsible the 2020 championship, how would you rate her first 10 years as Lakers governor? What do you think the next 10 or 20 years will be like assuming she will still be governor?

If I remembered correctly, AD didn't ask to come to LA after Lebron has been here so I would give Pelinka 10% credit for lucking out with the roleplayers, 10% credit to Vogel for coaching and the rest of the credit should go to Bron and AD.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:20 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Lebron was at least 50% responsible for our 2020 championship and anyone with half a brain would know that neither Jeanie nor Magic was responsible for bringing him here. With how deeply he's involved in Bronny's life, do you guys think for a second that he would remotely consider Cleveland or Philadelphia at the time? As far as his praises for Magic is concerned, what did you expect him to say about his GM at the time? That he didn't like him? Lebron and Magic aren't even that close right now.

With that being said, assuming Jeanie WAS NOT responsible the 2020 championship, how would you rate her first 10 years as Lakers governor? What do you think the next 10 or 20 years will be like assuming she will still be governor?

If I remembered correctly, AD didn't ask to come to LA after Lebron has been here so I would give Pelinka 10% credit for lucking out with the roleplayers, 10% credit to Vogel for coaching and the rest of the credit should go to Bron and AD.

F+. Put aside the *bubble and a fluke run last year in the playoffs, and the Lakers have never had as bad a 10 year stretch as this in my lifetime and I am no spring chicken. Her stewardship has been deplorable. She doesn't have her dad's skills.
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:39 am    Post subject:

Fired Vogel in favor of Westbrick, and now gonna trade key players in favor of Pockets. SMH.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Sad to say but I am slowly starting to warm up to the Clippers. Great owner who gets along great with his players, super enthusiastic about his team, building his team his own arena, and a roster full of guys who just keep their heads down and play the game.

Unlike our owner who has accomplished nothing in her life and got lucky Lebron came here for reasons unrelated to the Lakers. Like someone else mentioned, where would this team be if Lebron did not come here? Prior to him signing, Melo, Howard, PG, Kawahi all passed on signing here. Instead, hiring guys like Byron Scott, Luke, Magic, and Pockets. Hey since we’re hiring family like a typical mom and pop shop does, how about we hire Kobe’s agent to be the GM? He can work with Kurt and Linda Rambis!

What a freaking joke she is.
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:42 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
Sad to say but I am slowly starting to warm up to the Clippers. Great owner who gets along great with his players, super enthusiastic about his team, building his team his own arena, and a roster full of guys who just keep their heads down and play the game.

Unlike our owner who has accomplished nothing in her life and got lucky Lebron came here for reasons unrelated to the Lakers. Like someone else mentioned, where would this team be if Lebron did not come here? Prior to him signing, Melo, Howard, PG, Kawahi all passed on signing here. Instead, hiring guys like Byron Scott, Luke, Magic, and Pockets. Hey since we’re hiring family like a typical mom and pop shop does, how about we hire Kobe’s agent to be the GM? He can work with Kurt and Linda Rambis!

What a freaking joke she is.

I think you are right. She is a joke. Darvin sucks.

In time, the family will sell the team and the Lakers will begin to start doing well.

In the mean time, you need to simply appreciate having Lebron and AD on this team.

It happens eventually.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Johnny Buss, brother of Lakers governor Jeanie Buss, is running for President of the United States, according to documents filed with the Federal Election Committee and an official website for his campaign

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:19 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
Johnny Buss, brother of Lakers governor Jeanie Buss, is running for President of the United States, according to documents filed with the Federal Election Committee and an official website for his campaign

I just read this

levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:19 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

Darvin Ham for White House Chief of Staff

"They got a helluva country over there"
Bron2AD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 3:35 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

this is all like succession hbo series....is Jay Mohr the new owner of Lakers?
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:15 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:

Wait what
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22
Jump to: