DENNIS SCHRÖDER - Toronto (2yr, $26M)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 270, 271, 272 ... 282, 283, 284  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:16 pm    Post subject:

We need to find a way to keep DS around. He is an asset to the team on the floor and in the locker room.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:13 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
We need to find a way to keep DS around. He is an asset to the team on the floor and in the locker room.

Definitely what has impressed me a lot is his 4th quarter performance. It almost seems like he plays average offensively than becomes an all star in the 4th. Not afraid to hit big shots at all
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:15 pm    Post subject:

This dude gets so much grief here yet all he does is show up and grinds.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:27 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
I will say this again, he dragged us in the playoffs in 2021, and he is doing it again. It is only right we reward him with MMLE

He's a keeper in my book. The guy competes every night. Plays with in the system. Plays hard on the defensive end.

If it comes down between him and DLO... I rather role with Schro. Trade DLo for a legit 3&D wing or another big like Turner.

Lakers don't have bird rights for DS. DLo S&T would need his consent and a big salary coming back which means no cap space to sign DS. Your scenario is unrealistic which Rob can't work with.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Schroeder has come up big for us on several occasions. Great game tonight.

Would love to keep all 3 DLO, Austin Reaves, and Schro, not sure if there's any way to make it work salary-wise. Would love to see it nonetheless.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:34 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Schroeder has come up big for us on several occasions. Great game tonight.

Would love to keep all 3 DLO, Austin Reaves, and Schro, not sure if there's any way to make it work salary-wise. Would love to see it nonetheless.

Co-Sign!
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:37 pm    Post subject:

I think he loves LA and will return if other offers are not much better than TP MLE which Lakers can offer. If he plays well in playoffs/play in, he will likely get bigger offers than MLE from other teams.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:43 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
I think he loves LA and will return if other offers are not much better than TP MLE which Lakers can offer. If he plays well in playoffs/play in, he will likely get bigger offers than MLE from other teams.

He literally can’t get more. Please refer to the cap thread by vasashi. 12 mil is the most ANY team can pay him next season and 13 mil the following. Poison pills contracts can come in after year 3 only
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:46 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

He literally can’t get more. Please refer to the cap thread by vasashi. 12 mil is the most ANY team can pay him next season and 13 mil the following. Poison pills contracts can come in after year 3 only

I am talking about DS not AR. Why can't any team with cap space offer DS 15 M for example? He's unrestricted free agent.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:53 am    Post subject:

I'd imagine Dennis will see an MLE offer this summer from someone. His value was in the gutter over the past season. I think he's restored it this year. Not that he's had one of his better years, but he seems to be accepting who he is as a player.

He always gives you effort defensively, and he can still be a spark on offense.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:26 am    Post subject:

DLO, Reaves. Schro are definitely priorities.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:00 am    Post subject:

Keep this team together!!!!!!!!!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:59 am    Post subject:

I know he turned down $80M from us a couple of years ago, but I want him back. This dude is tough. Doesn’t care if he starts or not, he still produces. Obviously he has to take care of his family first, but hope he can come back somehow.

That two fast breaks he broke up that ended in getting fouled will be one of the all-time hustle play by any Laker.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 6:07 am    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

I am talking about DS not AR. Why can't any team with cap space offer DS 15 M for example? He's unrestricted free agent.

Nobody wanted him for 2 years now, and I am not sure why teams would be interested in him all of a sudden.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 7:20 am    Post subject:

Always been supporting Dennis. He’s been one of the best if not best minimum salary FAs in the NBA this season.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:20 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Nobody wanted him for 2 years now, and I am not sure why teams would be interested in him all of a sudden.

One advantage is league is filled with all star or borderline PGs and bad teams dream about drafting the next superstar guard. So they might not want to spend 10 M+ cap space on DS. Dennis coming back for 6.5 M MLE should be an easy choice for Lakers.
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:24 am    Post subject:

His contributions to the team this season as a minimum salary player makes him the best value proposition in the league, and it's not even close.

His 4th Q performances have helped our previously un-clutch team win close games.

His "play like there is no tomorrow" energy is infectious, and needed, to get guys like AD going. Last night he had two lobs and a shovel pass to a streaking AD that resulted in 3 dunks for the big man. He continues to look for him whenever possible. That type of awareness is very important, especially with Bron out.

I've been one of his biggest supporters on this forum since his first stint. Happy to see the success he's been having, especially after a difficult 1.5yrs.

If the Lakers can find some way to keep him (perhaps for the TMLE), it would be huge, and something I am sure Bron and AD would be in favor of.

This team needs to develop some continuity. Keeping Reaves, DLO and Schro to add to the already signed Bron, AD, Vando and Christie would be my top 3 priorities this offseason.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:26 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Well, there is a thing called THIS SEASON, and Schroder is a better player now, than he was for the past two years.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:51 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

You are about to be very wrong.

Well, there is a thing called THIS SEASON, and Schroder is a better player now, than he was for the past two years.

mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:16 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Better player for the LAKERS, he put up slightly better numbers in 2021 with us and he could only fetch a MMLE the year following. He is not a hot commodity nowadays with his lack of 3 point shooting.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:21 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Better player for the LAKERS, he put up slightly better numbers in 2021 with us and he could only fetch a MMLE the year following. He is not a hot commodity nowadays with his lack of 3 point shooting.

There’s context to certain numbers though. Brook Lopez when he came to the Bucks on a vet min contract years ago, didn’t post better numbers than he did in his 1 year stint on the Lakers. In fact, it was almost worse across the board. But there was context to his numbers. He made the TEAM better than ever, and his impact was obvious. Especially in a clearly defined role. That’s how after that season, he then got the bag.

Same thing with Schroder. Numbers might be only as good as his 2021 stint, but the impact difference between 2021, and 2023 is night and day. His role especially, is different. And everybody sees that.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:26 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

There’s context to certain numbers though. Brook Lopez when he came to the Bucks on a vet min contract years ago, didn’t post better numbers than he did in his 1 year stint on the Lakers. In fact, it was almost worse across the board. But there was context to his numbers. He made the TEAM better than ever, and his impact was obvious. Especially in a clearly defined role. That’s how after that season, he then got the bag.

Same thing with Schroder. Numbers might be only as good as his 2021 stint, but the impact difference between 2021, and 2023 is night and day. His role especially, is different. And everybody sees that.

Dennis had a better impact and season basketball wise his 1st time with the Lakers and he got MLE
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:34 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Dennis had a better impact and season basketball wise his 1st time with the Lakers and he got MLE

Completely and utterly disagree. Schroder has never been this impactful of a defender in his entire career, and not been a liability unlike 2021 on several occasions. Especially game 5 against the Suns.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:40 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Completely and utterly disagree. Schroder has never been this impactful of a defender in his entire career, and not been a liability unlike 2021 on several occasions. Especially game 5 against the Suns.

Stats and advanced stats say otherwise. He was better in every category last time. He was even offered a 4 year 80 million dollar contract that he messed up and didn't accept.

He isn't prime Pat Bev level impact, and Pat only got like 14 million a season when he hit the market.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

In 2021 he overvalued himself. I feel he would have easily latched on to a team if he was willing to take a NTMLEish offer but he held out and we all know what happened. I still can't figure though how his value tanked so badly that he almost went UNSIGNED last summer. Even after this season, I think the book is out on him though that he's not a full-time starter in this league. 15 million seems like a lot for a backup guard. Tyus Jones makes just shy of that and he's seemingly the consensus choice for best backup PG in the NBA. I think Dennis' ceiling will be NTMLE in which case I wouldn't see him staying on board with us short of a discount.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 270, 271, 272 ... 282, 283, 284  Next
Page 271 of 284
Jump to: