2021 NBA Draft Board
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:43 pm    Post subject:

Mark10 45 wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
Mark10 45 wrote:
rank Dosumnu, Scottie Lewis, Reaves. And how considerably would you have Reaves above those guys if he is ?

Reaves.

I wouldn't draft Ayo. Lewis is mid to late 2nd round, like a poor man's Thybulle, but too small.

moved him up a handful of spots.
Lewis, I'm holding out like pie in the sky hope, that he'll be a cool offensive player...cuz he does some skilled stuff and is just so athletic. and defensively he could be really good

Guys that age, and that athletic, lacking offensive aggression, I have issues with. Thybulle was an exception. It's not going to get easier next level.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:46 pm    Post subject:

intersting.
What are some of your reservations with Dosumnu?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 12:01 am    Post subject:

Mark10 45 wrote:
intersting.
What are some of your reservations with Dosumnu?

I don't believe him as an athlete. Ball handling. He's a wing in a 1 body, but add 3 years.

Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:12 am    Post subject:

watched more Scottie Lewis and cooled some, put him below Duke Jr. Moved Christopher up a tier, and a spot above Ayo
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject:

This morning’s pre-draft workouts per Lakers MR:

Miles McBride - West Virginia
Ayo Dosunmu - Illinois
Sandro Mamukelashvili - Seton Hall
Mac McClung - Texas Tech
Jaden Springer - Tennessee
Balsa Koprivica - Florida State

https://twitter.com/AlexmRegla/status/1416426642306527233

Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject:

Something like:

Jaden Springer
Roko Prkacin
Jared Butler

Bones Hyland

Chris Duarte
Trey Murphy III
Kessler Edwards
JayGup

Can't shake the idea that someone I think is lottery to mid first is going to slip to 22. There's an outlier chance for Kai Jones there I think. Bones Hyland I go back and forth on, because he's an awesome player, but I think LAL would want a player with a bigger frame. Just a guess.

nbaDrafter
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject:

Glad to hear Duarte and Tre Mann linked to the Lakers. Hell naw on Cam Thomas.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:59 pm    Post subject:

nbaDrafter wrote:
Glad to hear Duarte and Tre Mann linked to the Lakers. Hell naw on Cam Thomas.

I'm not happy about Tre Mann either.

nbaDrafter
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:45 am    Post subject:

I really like Tre Mann's ability to shoot it - he had some reallly impressive shooting marks in college, coupled with the fact that many were off the dribble. You don't see that out of your Max Abmas's, Isaiah Joe's, Josh Primos's, Corey Kispert's or Terrence Ross's, and that's a unique cross-section that gets him a bit of rope in my book. I project him to be an A, or at worst a B+ shooter in the league. He seems like a step-up from your run of the mill shooters that always attempt to get into the league.

His ability to manufacture deep shots under duress is something I think we really need, and if he can do that, he can spot up for threes as well in lineups that feature our alpha scorers with LBJ, AD, and Schroder replacement. We need shot creation and long distance shooting, and he fits the bill on both fronts. All teams can certainly use an endless supply of shooting, providing they can buffer. Between Vogel and our team ethos, I think we can cover up for his weaknesses (passing/lack of athleticism) best and maximize his return.

Weaknesses - yes, his lack of athleticism and inability to impinge basket might really remind of D'Angelo Russell, and he doesn't pass. So he's a bit contextual and might not even a 2-level scorer, much less a 3-level scorer. That's likely why despite his elite creation ability, he'll settle into role playing scorer. The lack of athleticism will hurt him defensively as well, but I think there's some toughness in his rebounding numbers that might aid his cause a little. This isn't Abmas, who lacks the athleticism, numbers and the height to possibly not even play in the league.

I do agree it's problematic that he's doing this at 6'4.5"; if he were 6'6" or so he'd be looked upon more favorably, since you could rationalize that lack of passing a bit better. But I think if we have LBJ or Caruso, and with the advent of big playmakers, having a small but not-small-enough two like Mann could have utility.

I guess this is all to say - I like that uniqueness cross-section, I like how the Lakers might optimize him within their lineups in particular and shade his weaknesses, but I understand why deterrents are putting him in the early 2nd round now. I wouldn't mind if we trade down 22 for two more picks in this draft, and one 2nd rounder would be used on Mann. Of course, I'd prefer Springer, Duarte, and Jared Butler over him.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:12 am    Post subject:

My lack of faith in Mann's ability in everything else, except to shoot off the dribble and requiring touches, places him in the 2nd round for me.

But I'm extreme enough to prefer Austin Reaves, even with the giant age difference.

nbaDrafter
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Big fan of Austin Reaves' game as well - he's ranked 40th in my mock, but a lot of that is due to the age factor and athleticism translation, which I'm sure has held down his stock. But his stock is pointing up, and he's moving up ESPN's big board into the early 30s. We worked him out and might split our first rounder into two seconds, I wonder if we'll use one of our seconds on him. He'll give us another shot creator (we'll see how well that translates, but he was definitely in the top this past season in unassisted shots), passer and potential shooter potentially wrapped in one. Think teams will love his tenacity and growth. If we get Buddy Hield, I'm more lukewarm on Tre Mann since in terms of the shooting stuff, they are kinda similar - but given our starting point in three point shooting, I do want volume creating three point shooters.

Another guy I like is Alan Griffin of Syracuse. The son of early aught's non-scoring defensive wing pest Adrian Griffin, he shares a lot of the defensive moxie at 6'5" (dad also had that height). Yeah, Syracuse zone and all, but he exceled in every defensive metric, especially blocks, and holds his own in fouling and athleticism as well. On offense, I think he can quite a good shooter as well. He doesn't have much offensive upside because he never sees the rim and has no real ball skills, but if he can shoot and translate the Syracuse defensive pest aspects to the league, he can be quite interesting. The Syracuse stuff does dock him-since the 2000s, they churn out a ton of prospects but the vast majority have been really underachieving. But he's a 50s pick and he fits a role on both ends.
Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject:

T1
1. Cade
2. Mobley

T2
3. Green
4. Suggs

-------------T3 3rd or 4th best player on contender ceilings

5. JT Thor: trust his floor and think he has a the most realistic shot to hit a nice ceiling, out of the upside-plays in this tier. 6'10 in shoes, really skilled, 3s off the dribble. super long on defense with great shot blocking knack. super coordinated and athletic. Highest ceiling in tier. Could be a 2.5 on contender

6. Davion Mitchell: safe.

7. Duece Mcbride: really good length measurements + athleticism show. can guard big enough wings too; guarded Cade really well. Traces the ball kind of like Thybulle.... great IQ defensive reads too. Collin Sexton offensively? Wants to play with pace, use his burst, score in midrange and solid from 3. ..converted PG level passer.

8. Bouknight: floor is a 6 MOY candidate scorer. realistic ceiling is like Lavine-lite / Caris Levert type scoring. he's quicker than Clarkson, longer too. Solid rebounder. solid defensive potential. I do think he has the ancillary skills to stay on the court in playoff crunchtime, and the jumper will come around.

9. Moody: Mikal Bridges. Tobias Harris with better defense as a ceiling.
10. Barnes
11. Cooper
12. Kai Jones: potential 3pt shooting + super dynamic defensive piece.
13. Vrenz B: love that he's played a PG type role since he was HS age. At 6'9, his blend of skills is really unique.
14. Wagner
15. Jalen Johnson
16. Ziaire Williams
17. Springer
18. Giddey
19. Duarte
20. Garuba
21. Keon Johnson
22. Sengun

--------------T4 worthy of Laker pick
23. Butler
24. Bones Hyland
25. Tre Mann: best space creator in the class that I've seen. doesn't like ball pressure often times though. 6th man Cj Mccullum.
26. Isaiah Livers
27. Quentin Grimes
28. Isaiah Jackson
29. Kuminga
30. Trey Murphy
31. David Johnson: Caruso, Terrance Mann ish. All around 2way player. great passer as well.
32. Kispert
33. Joshua Primo
34. Josh Christopher
35. Austin Reaves
36. Juhann Begarin

------T5 - 2nd rounders
37. David Duke Jr
38. Dosumnu
39. Kessler Edwards
40. Sandro M
41. Bj Boston
42. Jericho Sims
43. Romeo Weems
44. Aaron Wiggins
45. Rokas J
46. Joe Wieskamp
47. Aaron Henry
48. Herb Jones
49. Ej Onu
50. Queta
51. Scottie Lewis
52. Joel Ayayi
53. Greg Brown

---------------- T6 - near pick 50+
54. Raiquan Gray
55. Cam Thomas
56. Aamir Simms
57. DJ Stewart (Miss St)
58. Hauser
59. Isaiah Todd
60. Robinson Earl
61. Preston
62. Daishen Nix
63. Matt Mitchell
64. DeJon Jarreau
65. AJ Lawson
66. Anthony Tarke
67. Alston Jr.
Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:21 am    Post subject:

done. I legit like 99% of the players.. really rare that 1-60 catches my eye skill wise. the skill of the game is increasing and this class exemplifies that. This is the deepest role player draft to me
Mark10 45
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject:

If Vrenz can just be 75% of Huerter's shooting (one day), and add 25% to Huerter's creation....... that's a good player

wondering if his elbow is more in here..

Saw Huerter's feet be super close like Vrenz' on a jumper and it made me think of how Vrenz could mold himself after Huerter instead of him thinking he's a combo G
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9
Jump to: