Cow seen running loose on Michigan Highway

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2023 8:39 am    Post subject: Cow seen running loose on Michigan Highway

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/nation-world/cow-on-s-curve-us-131-grand-rapids/69-bf70ca45-f4af-479b-b7f7-a78be10b63bf

Quote:
'UDDER' CHAOS | Cow seen running loose on Michigan highway
Police say a driver on U.S. 131 was driving with a trailer of six cows when one got out and started running across the lanes.

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. — A video taken on US-131 Friday morning shows a cow "hoofing it" across several lanes on the S-Curve.

Police say a driver on US-131 was driving with a trailer of six cows when one got out and started running across the lanes.

Bethany Patterson was driving on the S-Curve and took a video of the attempts to catch the cow during its "legen-dairy" escape attempt. She said it was a normal Friday morning until she saw people hitting the brakes in front of her.

"And then all of a sudden, on my left side, I saw a black shape moving, and as we got closer, it was a big cow," she said.

Two people got out of the truck hauling the trailer and tried to catch the cow, Patterson said. As more drivers learned about the cow, they started trying to corral it.

Employees with the Kent County Road Commission and the Michigan Department of Transportation helped catch the cow, bringing the "udder" chaos to an end.

Luckily, the cow was returned safely.

"It made me really happy to know that the cow was on to happier pastures and no damage was caused to any vehicles," Patterson said. "So I'm really happy that the cow is okay. And we all just want a happy ending."

It is still unclear how the cow got out of the trailer.

Patterson said it's a good reminder of why drivers should be aware of their surroundings and be careful when other drivers begin braking or turning their hazard lights on.

This comes a week after milk was spilled in the same area of US-131 when a tanker truck overturned. Weird, huh?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: