Official RUSSELL WESTBROOK Thread (Traded to Utah)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 423, 424, 425, 426  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:55 pm    Post subject:

I like how we purposely waited until the moment he was gone to trash him. Typical stuff from our franchise. Westbrook was the same with Vogel, and we supported Westbrook over the championship coach. Hell, we had Jeanie say he was the Lakers best player at one point (LOL).

Westbrook was a problem the moment we traded for him because gave up too many quality players and that WB needed to play a Center role where Lebron/AD play off him as jumpshooters. They all said they would, but the moment it came to really doing it AD's jumpshot was MIA, and Lebron wanted the ball a lot more than he should have. The blame in this is all around. The largest share should go to the FO though.

So then they bring in a coach in large part to get WB to respect/do as he wishes, and WB actually does. He came off the bench and he actually had a lot of support from the fans at Staples this year. It wasn't WB's fault that the team wasn't good this year so far, certainly not so far.

Look, I'm no fan, and I wanted him gone since last trade deadline. But all these excuses are so convenient for those in the FO. Oh, it was the coach last year. Oh, it was WB's toxic personality this year. As if it's WB's fault that there was a mid-game celebration to a game where the Lakers lost, so that Lebron could get past the scoring record.

I feel the reality may hit the Lakers soon. It served the coaching staff who have underperformed this year a great deal to put WB as the scapegoat. By all accounts, Ham and WB seemed to have respect and WB listened to Ham. As for Handy, he gets into it with many players, included Lebron last year. Yet suddenly WB toxic personality is why we're 13th? LOL. Youtube Handy/Lebron halftime argument.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:09 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I like how we purposely waited until the moment he was gone to trash him. Typical stuff from our franchise. Westbrook was the same with Vogel, and we supported Westbrook over the championship coach. Hell, we had Jeanie say he was the Lakers best player at one point (LOL).

Westbrook was a problem the moment we traded for him because gave up too many quality players and that WB needed to play a Center role where Lebron/AD play off him as jumpshooters. They all said they would, but the moment it came to really doing it AD's jumpshot was MIA, and Lebron wanted the ball a lot more than he should have. The blame in this is all around. The largest share should go to the FO though.

So then they bring in a coach in large part to get WB to respect/do as he wishes, and WB actually does. He came off the bench and he actually had a lot of support from the fans at Staples this year. It wasn't WB's fault that the team wasn't good this year so far, certainly not so far.

Look, I'm no fan, and I wanted him gone since last trade deadline. But all these excuses are so convenient for those in the FO. Oh, it was the coach last year. Oh, it was WB's toxic personality this year. As if it's WB's fault that there was a mid-game celebration to a game where the Lakers lost, so that Lebron could get past the scoring record.

I feel the reality may hit the Lakers soon. It served the coaching staff who have underperformed this year a great deal to put WB as the scapegoat. By all accounts, Ham and WB seemed to have respect and WB listened to Ham. As for Handy, he gets into it with many players, included Lebron last year. Yet suddenly WB toxic personality is why we're 13th? LOL. Youtube Handy/Lebron halftime argument.

Wow! well said. Best to close the thread there.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:15 pm    Post subject:

Uh, there was a report last year that Westbrook would react adversely anytime Vogel called him out in film session. There's a video of him saying he doesn't watch film. There are multiple spats he gets into with reporters anytime anyone lobs him a softball question that slightly offends him.

As far as a basketball player coming off the bench for the betterment of his team and listening to his coach...well, great? Does he deserve extra credit for doing his job? He's paid 47 million dollars a year and rates as an average to bad bench player. That's the reality. Thank you so much Russ for coming off the bench and not just staying home, while still playing 29 minutes a game and closing most games, most of which he shouldn't have closed. Holding this guy to a standard where that's seen as some kind of sacrifice is frankly patronizing to him.

It's not a hit piece to detail what happened in the locker room on Tuesday. The Lakers have publicly supported Russ. They conducted the whole coaching process to make sure they selected a coach that could utilize him best. They designed lineups just for him. There were reports that rival teams were confused as to why the team personnel was optimized for Westbrook instead of James. They went well out of their way to make it work. Arguably it took way too long and tanked this season.

He's not dead. He's going to retire a hall-of-famer with a quarter billion at the least in his bank account. Forgive us if fans and Lakers sources want to finally blow off some steam after the albatross is gone.
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:20 pm    Post subject:

You can both be right. Coaching has beem miserable, but WB is equally toxic.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 8:14 pm    Post subject:

How can anyone defend a guy who routinely kills momentum, via TO, brick, early shot, and/or utter lack of defense?

How can anyone defend a guy when his attitude was so unaccountable and he lashes out when anyone tries to introduce him to reality?

How can anyone defend a guy who has blooper reals for a single season longer than 15 minutes!

How can anyone defend a guy guilty of all of this and who takes it upon himself to make it about him on a historic night AND when he's making FAR more money than his contributions to the team warrants?

If Russ wasn't the BIGGEST problem on the team than what is?

Ham's inexperience? Ok explain Vogel.

Pelinka's roster construction? Ok Russ is why the roster construction sucked.

Bron or AD? Ok...they got a ring together...what's Russ got besides more trades for a supposed superstar than anyone I can think of.

Yes Bron, AD and Pelinka F'd up by bringing this turd in.

But that doesn't make him any less of a turd.

Name ONE player Russ made better in his time here.

Name ONE game where you thought to yourself, 'Man. I'm so glad we got this guy.'

Name ONE time you thought, 'this is going to work.'

Yes there's a lot of blame to go around for bringing him in...but on the court...Russ was THE problem.

Wolf...I would have rather the Lakers paid you 47 Million...you would have been just as effective and with a much better representation of what it means to wear the Purple and Gold Armour.

That's my final comment.

#BannersOverBillboards
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:27 pm    Post subject:

Good riddance to the Westbrook era. Never had I hated watching a Laker team play before, but I did since that miserable summer that brought WB here in trade for for the oh so minor cost of our stifling defense and title contention.

Best of luck to all the new Lakers!

And best of luck to one returning Laker too.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Thanks Russ for playing hard for his entire stint here and bringing grade-A comedy to Laker games.

We weren't going to win a title anyway and Russ at least entertained us.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:19 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
How can anyone defend a guy who routinely kills momentum, via TO, brick, early shot, and/or utter lack of defense?

How can anyone defend a guy when his attitude was so unaccountable and he lashes out when anyone tries to introduce him to reality?

How can anyone defend a guy who has blooper reals for a single season longer than 15 minutes!

How can anyone defend a guy guilty of all of this and who takes it upon himself to make it about him on a historic night AND when he's making FAR more money than his contributions to the team warrants?

Bron or AD? Ok...they got a ring together...what's Russ got besides more trades for a supposed superstar than anyone I can think of.

Name ONE game where you thought to yourself, 'Man. I'm so glad we got this guy.'

Yes there's a lot of blame to go around for bringing him in...but on the court...Russ was THE problem.

Wolf...I would have rather the Lakers paid you 47 Million...you would have been just as effective and with a much better representation of what it means to wear the Purple and Gold Armour.

That's my final comment.

I know right? It’s hilarious seeing people defend this clown. He deserves everything he is getting.

His cardinal sin(for me) was his lack of accountability for his play. It’s always somebody else’s fault. We’ve all worked with people like that in our careers. The ones who blame everybody else. That’s Westbrick. I think it’s fair to say if he did hold himself accountable, the vast majority here wouldn’t be piling on him and would feel some sympathy for him. But nope.

Good riddance. Maybe he can go pay Gotham Chopra for another documentary about himself.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:21 pm    Post subject:

^yup. Gotta agree
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Best of luck Brodie.

Was one of my favorite players in the league before he got to us. He just wasn’t a good fit with Lebron and Ad.

I wish him and his family the best. I actually ran into them in Maui last summer.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Best of luck Brodie.

Was one of my favorite players in the league before he got to us. He just wasn’t a good fit with Lebron and Ad.

I wish him and his family the best. I actually ran into them in Maui last summer.

U must not watch him play a lot before he got here…

Even in his prime, he wasn’t a winning player at the highest level.
The dude seems like a good person. But his basketball IQ is so low.

OKC choked the 3-1 lead to the Warrior mainly due to Russ plays at crutch time. Durant did suck too, but at time Russ could be on the court and you feel like he was helping the other team.

And it is not like just cuz he can’t shoot. And why can’t he shoot? Even Jason Kidd developed a reliable 3 point shot late in his career.

The dude completely lack self awareness on the court, he doesn’t even know how to make himself better or what his weakness are.

Shooting ain’t that hard, Russ mechanic isnt that bad, he just jump too high and shoot on the way down. Like it should take one summer to fix that.

But nooo, he has to shoot the same every year, maybe he is feeling it in practice, but NOO dude you need the right mechanic to be consistent. Simple things like that he can’t even adjust.

He is kinda of mentally handicapped in a way at Basketball that you can’t even fix.

Self awareness is super important in sports.

Russ on a scale 1-10, he is like a 1 in term of basketball self awareness.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:26 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Best of luck Brodie.

OKC choked the 3-1 lead to the Warrior mainly due to Russ plays at crutch time. Durant did suck too, but at time Russ could be on the court and you feel like he was helping the other team.

And it is not like just cuz he can’t shoot. And why can’t he shoot? Even Jason Kidd developed a reliable 3 point shot late in his career.

The dude completely lack self awareness on the court, he doesn’t even know how to make himself better or what his weakness are.

Shooting ain’t that hard, Russ mechanic isnt that bad, he just jump too high and shoot on the way down. Like it should take one summer to fix that.

But nooo, he has to shoot the same every year, maybe he is feeling it in practice, but NOO dude you need the right mechanic to be consistent. Simple things like that he can’t even adjust.

He is kinda of mentally handicapped in a way at Basketball that you can’t even fix.

Hey congrats or sorry that happened to you but not reading all that.

He’s gone we don’t need to btch about him anymore.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 2:21 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

That's my final comment.

I know right? It’s hilarious seeing people defend this clown. He deserves everything he is getting.

His cardinal sin(for me) was his lack of accountability for his play. It’s always somebody else’s fault. We’ve all worked with people like that in our careers. The ones who blame everybody else. That’s Westbrick. I think it’s fair to say if he did hold himself accountable, the vast majority here wouldn’t be piling on him and would feel some sympathy for him. But nope.

Good riddance. Maybe he can go pay Gotham Chopra for another documentary about himself.

Clown is the right word. He’s been a clown since his days in OKC.

Never liked his act- never wanted him on the Lakers.

The fact that Lebron and AD fell for his BS and pushed to trade for him is unbelievable. I’m still stunned they didn’t see what a horrible fit he was on every level.

It will be nice to watch Lakers games again now that Russ and Pat Bev (another total clown) are gone. I had no desire to watch the team with those guys on the roster, and I bet I’m not the only one.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:04 am    Post subject:

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:19 am    Post subject:

My respect for Russ went up a notch when he finally came off the bench but his play was the same. How is he not killing other benches? I do not think we misused him and if other teams really think they can do better with him -- all the power to them.

Paul George out here reaching out to russ....music to my ears.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:19 am    Post subject:

My respect for Russ went up a notch when he finally came off the bench but his play was the same. How is he not killing other benches? I do not think we misused him and if other teams really think they can do better with him -- all the power to them.

Paul George out here reaching out to russ....music to my ears.
petergr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:13 pm    Post subject:

Won’t be surprised to see him fade out really quick. Do the Clippers really want him
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:28 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:

That's my final comment.

Like most WB scapegoatist you exaggerate. There are many answers to many of the questions that you asked yet you present them as if there isn't one. When thought it would work...Memphis game? Why take up for Russ?...plays almost every game.... Who made better...Gabriel. Overall Russ was bad but your take is emotional hyperbole.

Hey man, we're all glad Russ is gone, it was a problem, and we all want the same thing now...win without the Russ distraction. But Rob signed 6 over the hill former Lakers last year with 8 guards at or under 6'4" with no one on the team between 6'4" and 6'9". Reeves/Johnson were added later but it was too late. The stars miss too many games, not blaming them, maybe they can't control that but it was/is re-occurring where as Russ consistently didn't have that problem . The coaching rotation looks pedestrian with Ham and looked worse with Vogel, and the GM waited until the trade deadline this year to make a move where a hole is so big it might not be able to be overcome. Russ was but one of the many problems and may or maynot have been the main one. Avg 18/8/8 last year and slightly less this year. Again, it looked like the bad outweighed the good as there was plenty of bad...with some good...not enough to want to keep him but it is wrong to pretend there was absolutely none.

We can bash Russ on the way out but that is classless in my opinion. All that needs to be said is: "Thank you for your time, appreciate you playing as many games, glad we parted ways for our sake and yours...best of luck except against us".
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Other than his playing style, inconsistency is also one of his major problems. He might make some good plays but he would also make some terrible mistakes. You don't really want that if you want to play winning basketball.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:59 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

That's my final comment.

You ain't lyin'

Dawg, I couldn't even watch the games...me! A LIFELONG Lakers fan, been in it since '78...ME! I can't watch a damn game.

Damn shame.

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:04 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Best of luck Brodie.

No worries.

I know your feelin's hurt.

Me? I feel like a dark cloud has been lifted.

Your dude is a turd.

#BannersOverBillboards
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:38 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Best of luck Brodie.

No worries.

I know your feelin's hurt.

Me? I feel like a dark cloud has been lifted.

Your dude is a turd.

First of all I wasn’t even talking to you.

Second..I hated Russ’ time as a Laker. I’ve complained so many times on posts here about his play.

All I said was good luck to him and his fam and that he was one of my faves BEFORE he became a laker.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:42 pm    Post subject:

It’s one thing to dislike a player because of his play.

But people here really getting mad when you say best of luck to someone and his family.

You can dislike someone’s play on your team but also hoping for the best for them when they leave the team.

FOH with your hatin feelings LOL.

This crap is not that deep.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:47 pm    Post subject:

The fellas defending Westbrook from his play in the past: I dont blame you. This is an MVP we are talking about and his boneheaded plays were always there - will never forget in game 2 2012 when he got lost ball-watching and let Steve Blake get that wide open three to steal that game. Yet despite these gut wrenching mistakes, the Thunder consistently finished with 55+ wins. Lets also not forget when we matched up with them twice in 2010 and 2012, the biggest problem was not Kevin Durant. It was Russell Westbrook to the point Kobe had to switch onto him in 2010 and in 2012, he made Ramon Sessions his personal b**** to the point that it made the Fisher to Sessions regular season upgrade absolutely irrelevant in the playoffs
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2023 9:27 am    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
The fellas defending Westbrook from his play in the past: I dont blame you. This is an MVP we are talking about and his boneheaded plays were always there - will never forget in game 2 2012 when he got lost ball-watching and let Steve Blake get that wide open three to steal that game. Yet despite these gut wrenching mistakes, the Thunder consistently finished with 55+ wins. Lets also not forget when we matched up with them twice in 2010 and 2012, the biggest problem was not Kevin Durant. It was Russell Westbrook to the point Kobe had to switch onto him in 2010 and in 2012, he made Ramon Sessions his personal b**** to the point that it made the Fisher to Sessions regular season upgrade absolutely irrelevant in the playoffs

And had Thunder not been stupid, used Harden as their starting PG, and traded Russel for piece. the probably would have a championship.

Kobe switch onto Russ is mainly because Kobe likes to play I am letting you shoot, and give you 7 feet of space type of defense.

He did this against Rondo too.

Kobe likes to free lance on defense.

It was still Durant who own our soul when they knock us out of playoff, he drained dagger 3 right over Artedt face when Artest was still a good defender
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 423, 424, 425, 426  Next
Page 424 of 426
Jump to: