AUSTIN REAVES (four-year, $56 million Early Bird maximum contract)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 175, 176, 177  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:49 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Unquestionably returning. No it’s, ands or buts.

Can you say the same about DLo

No. But you can’t just let him go for nothing too. Hoping cooler heads prevail and we figure something. Can always trade later if necessary.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:51 pm    Post subject:

romanaztec wrote:
Halflife wrote:
john ireland (the worst play by play guy in history) said there were names the lakers would part with austin for today. Did anyone catch those names?

what? Can you rephrase that?...but the man delivered solid games after solid games...Needs to add strength to hide some of his defensive issues.

Mark stein according to Ireland said lakers will do everything to keep reaves. Ireland said yes but that there were names, plural that they would give him up for.

I couldn’t finish listening so I don’t know where it landed. He’s staying, hopefully.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
romanaztec wrote:
Halflife wrote:
john ireland (the worst play by play guy in history) said there were names the lakers would part with austin for today. Did anyone catch those names?

what? Can you rephrase that?...but the man delivered solid games after solid games...Needs to add strength to hide some of his defensive issues.

Mark stein according to Ireland said lakers will do everything to keep reaves. Ireland said yes but that there were names, plural that they would give him up for.

I couldn’t finish listening so I don’t know where it landed. He’s staying, hopefully.

Slow it down even more. Who is Reaves?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Theseus wrote:
Halflife wrote:
romanaztec wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Slow it down even more. Who is Reaves?

Lol
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 7:56 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
troy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Unquestionably returning. No it’s, ands or buts.

Can you say the same about DLo

No. But you can’t just let him go for nothing too. Hoping cooler heads prevail and we figure something. Can always trade later if necessary.

Need to go into training camp with the team we plan to compete with all year. Sure, as an emergency back up plan trades can be made once the season as started, but it can’t be THE plan for a team seriously considering a championship. Roll with Dlo or trade him before camp. Those continual trade rumors erode team chemistry and result in the inability to close games in the clutch…the problem all year as well as the reason for the loss to Denver in all 4 games. Team continuity and chemistry = better execution down the stretch to win close games. You get that by committing to your players to build chemistry without threatening to trade them all year.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Austin Reaves said he never really thought he’d be starting for a Conference Finalist, even if he held onto personal belief:

“Honestly I’m proud of myself … high school I didn’t have many offers … to be on this stage and perform … it feels good.”

21.3 ppg, 5.3 apg, 3.5 rpg

parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:29 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:
Austin Reaves said he never really thought he’d be starting for a Conference Finalist, even if he held onto personal belief:

“Honestly I’m proud of myself … high school I didn’t have many offers … to be on this stage and perform … it feels good.”

On 54.9% FG 56.0% 3FG 100% FT, wow
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:30 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Quote:

And I am so happy for him. Even Kobe couldn’t play like this in his first playoff experience
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:31 pm    Post subject:

By far my favorite Laker
LakerFan1987
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:32 pm    Post subject:

6'5" Steve Nash lol

Laker four life!!! Open the checkbook Buss Family and don't F this up
parsons777
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1987 wrote:
6'5" Steve Nash lol

Laker four life!!! Open the checkbook Buss Family and don't F this up

You just mentioned something I hope happens this summer for Austin. 2 weeks with Steve, 2 weeks with Jason and 2 weeks with John.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:52 pm    Post subject:

11 (bleep) shots?!

11 (bleep) shots?!?!

It's malpractice how underutilized he was this series. Maybe he isn't able to hack it, but down 0-3, let the kid shoot 25 times for Christ's sake and figure out if you have a role player or a star. And Ham botched it for Schröder bricking jumpers.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:53 pm    Post subject:

should have had the last shot
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 8:59 pm    Post subject:

I can't wait to see AR next season. There was a time after G1 in Memphis where he struggled for a bit and I was concerned that he was no longer effective without torching drop coverage.

But he adjusted and showed he actually is him.

I was so thrilled when we traded for DLO as an offensive fit, but it turns out AR is what I was hoping for (still like DLO!).

Genuinely think the people who want to blow it up next season and trade LBJ & AD are underrating what AR might end up being next season, i.e. a bona fide third option. The next step for him is to become a higher volume player, so that if LBJ is tired and AD is stymied, AR can be the guy creating baskets + quality looks for teammates of the high PnR. And if we trade Russell for a more conventional 3&D wing, then he needs to develop more PG skills. I'm optimistic! Kid is smart, talented, and a hard worker. Another year of skills work with Handy and learning from LBJ/AD?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Can he get better next season? Lebron and AD should give him more shots next season
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Excited to see him next season. He's going to add more to his game this offseason, too, no doubt. Kid works hard.

Real NBA hoopers know what's up.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2023 9:57 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Excited to see him next season. He's going to add more to his game this offseason, too, no doubt. Kid works hard.

Real NBA hoopers know what's up.

Hopefully the coaches let him run point next year.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 12:02 am    Post subject:

Does anyone seriously think Reaves has All-Star potential? I don't, but he's real good, and he seems not only seriously committed to his craft, but also the kind of guy who is always conscious of what he can improve on and won't settle for merely being good. With how well he has done in the playoffs, especially in fourth quarters, it makes me wonder if maybe he has one All-Star appearance in him in the coming years.

He can make bad games from DLO tolerable if we go out and get a legit 3-and-D guard who can finish games alongside him.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 12:55 am    Post subject:

I don't see why he can't be an all star down the line. Not saying it's a guarantee, but the potential is there? He averaged 17/5/5 in his first playoffs. 61% TS% btw.

For me the question for AR is whether he can do either of the following:
1) Can he run an offense? I mean really organize an offense, get the ball to players in spots they like, etc.? This is something DLO for example was very good at until he forgot how to play basketball.
2) Can he score with the same efficiency at higher volume? If he can turn 17/5/5 into 23/5/5 while keeping his efficiency, that's already borderline all star.

Jamal Murray is a pretty good example of the leap AR needs to take to become an all star. We were game planning for him and took away a lot of his preferred looks, but he had that "good offense beats good defense" level of shot making. (Murray isn't an all-star but he plays like one in the playoffs.)
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 9:06 am    Post subject:

Could be leverage by Reaves’s agent, but the threat of a poison pill is very real! Everybody and their momma could be signed to Htown with the amount of cap they got. Needless to say, they are going to be the team most recruited in multi team trades that require salary dumping.

Quote:
Outside of Harden, other high-ranking targets for Houston include Brook Lopez, Dillon Brooks and restricted free agents Cam Johnson and Austin Reaves, league sources said. – via Kelly Iko @ The Athletic

mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 9:17 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Could be leverage by Reaves’s agent, but the threat of a poison pill is very real! Everybody and their momma could be signed to Htown with the amount of cap they got. Needless to say, they are going to be the team most recruited in multi team trades that require salary dumping.

Quote:
Outside of Harden, other high-ranking targets for Houston include Brook Lopez, Dillon Brooks and restricted free agents Cam Johnson and Austin Reaves, league sources said. – via Kelly Iko @ The Athletic

i can see the spurs offering him max poison pill contract. he is someone Pop would love to have.
with that being said, we have to match it.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 9:17 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

Quote:

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if multiple cap space teams throw a big offer to Austin.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 9:22 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:

of course, there are guys Lakers would part with AR for today, but i don't think those players are looking for new homes now. the Giannis of the world.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 9:30 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:

Quote:

What’s there to leverage? Lakers will obviously match any offer, and if they could, they would throw the most the Lakers could offer without offers from other teams.

The whole leverage talk is reserved for someone like DLO.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 9:42 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
32 wrote:
Quote:

And I am so happy for him. Even Kobe couldn’t play like this in his first playoff experience

Kobe could have done it, or better, if he was 24 years old instead of a 19 or 20 year old in his first playoff.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 119, 120, 121 ... 175, 176, 177  Next
Page 120 of 177
Jump to: