RIP Gabriella "Gabby" Petito - 9.19.21; UPDATE: Brian Laundrie Autopsy shows he died by suicide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Human remains found in Florida park amid search for Gabby Petito's fiance -FBI

Quote:
Partial human remains were found on Wednesday in a Florida wilderness area where authorities were searching for Brian Laundrie, the fiance of Gabby Petito, a young woman who vanished on a road trip with Laundrie, the FBI said on Wednesday.

The Sarasota County Medical Examiner's Office was called on Wednesday morning to the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park where the search for Laundrie was under way, a spokesperson for the office said earlier.

FBI investigators were working at Carlton Reserve, which is near the park, the agency's Tampa division said.

"Investigators found what appeared to be human remains, along with personal items ... belonging to Brian Laundrie," the FBI said. The investigation was continuing.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject:

First thought.. if it's him.. some actual sadness for his parents.. What a tangled web we weave.... After they didn't give a (bleep) about Gabby missing or her parents calling and actually coming over.. It looks like he may really have took off on his own to debate breathing.. I assumed they helped him escape to somewhere because there are laws that protect them from helping him before he is named suspect

I did just read an article today saying that because of the interest in this case 5 bodies were found

https://nypost.com/2021/10/20/brian-laundrie-hunt-leads-cops-to-5-bodies-of-missing-persons/
Manhunt for Brian Laundrie leads authorities to at least 5 bodies of missing persons

Found in NC
The man was later named as Josue Calderon, 33, by investigators who said he’d been stabbed to death.
Found in WY
Meanwhile, authorities in Wyoming did credit interest in the case for tips leading to the body of missing Texas dad Robert Lowery, 46.
Lowery’s body was discovered close to where Laundrie’s girlfriend, Long Island native Gabby Petito, was found dead on Sept. 17. Lowery was ruled to have committed suicide.
Found in CO
The most recent was the discovery of Sara Bayard, 55, off a highway in El Paso County, Colorado, an area Petito and Laundrie had shared Instagram pictures from during their travels.
Found in CA
Interest in Petito’s case also helped lead to the discovery of a body in California’s Yucca Valley desert, where authorities were looking for missing New Jersey chef Lauren “El” Cho, 30, according to the Sun.

Cho had been missing since June 28, but her case garnered renewed interest when it was compared to Petito’s disappearance and murder.

Authorities have yet to confirm the remains are Cho’s.
Found in AL
In addition, a body found near a dumpster at a Walmart in Mobile, Alabama
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:44 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:
Partial human remains were found on Wednesday in a Florida wilderness area where authorities were searching for Brian Laundrie, the fiance of Gabby Petito, a young woman who vanished on a road trip with Laundrie, the FBI said on Wednesday.

The Sarasota County Medical Examiner's Office was called on Wednesday morning to the Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park where the search for Laundrie was under way, a spokesperson for the office said earlier.

FBI investigators were working at Carlton Reserve, which is near the park, the agency's Tampa division said.

"Investigators found what appeared to be human remains, along with personal items ... belonging to Brian Laundrie," the FBI said. The investigation was continuing.

Supposely they are very confident the remains they found are him. Will be curious to hear of cause of death.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:20 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

Supposely they are very confident the remains they found are him. Will be curious to hear of cause of death.

I hope it was slow.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:15 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Quote:

I hope it was slow.

You're losing your touch, CMB. You were supposed to say that you hope it was slow, with signs of a protracted struggle, and that most of his remains were embedded in alligator feces.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject:

The parents are suspicious as hell. Funny how they are the only ones who can find any evidence of his disappearance while the FBI and local police always come up empty.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:49 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
The parents are suspicious as hell. Funny how they are the only ones who can find any evidence of his disappearance while the FBI and local police always come up empty.

yeah they knew all along around where he was at
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

yeah they knew all along around where he was at

Yeah, my first suspicion when I heard the news of the remains is that they hadn't heard from him a few days and suspected something happened to him, so they pointed the police in the right direction for once.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:51 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
"You're losing your touch, CMB. You were supposed to say that you hope it was slow, with signs of a protracted struggle, and that most of his remains were embedded in alligator feces.

"The deceased was buried up to his neck in a fire ant hill, so between the ants eating him from below and the rats eating him from above, it's impossible to determine which was the actual cause of death."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject:

https://i.imgur.com/g99Z86T.jpg

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 6:31 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:
"You're losing your touch, CMB. You were supposed to say that you hope it was slow, with signs of a protracted struggle, and that most of his remains were embedded in alligator feces.

"The deceased was buried up to his neck in a fire ant hill, so between the ants eating him from below and the rats eating him from above, it's impossible to determine which was the actual cause of death."

Not sure if you guys have fire ants in California, but even in death I would not want them on me. I hate fire ants....and they are everywhere in Florida. When I was 17 years old, I got into a nest in rural Mississippi and went into anaphylactic shock. Took about 30 minutes to get to an ER....my throat was closing, etc., and the doctor told me that I did not have another 30 minutes of life if I did not get there when I did....
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:11 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Not sure if you guys have fire ants in California, but even in death I would not want them on me. I hate fire ants....and they are everywhere in Florida. When I was 17 years old, I got into a nest in rural Mississippi and went into anaphylactic shock. Took about 30 minutes to get to an ER....my throat was closing, etc., and the doctor told me that I did not have another 30 minutes of life if I did not get there when I did....

We do. Used to see their mounds here and there up in Lancaster as a kid.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject:

Brian Laundrie Died from Self-Inflicted Gunshot Wound, Family Attorney Says

Quote:
Brian Laundrie died from a gunshot wound to the head, family attorney Steven Bertolino announced Tuesday. His death has been ruled a suicide.

The news comes nearly five weeks after partial human remains of the 23-year-old fugitive were discovered in Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park — near Laundrie's last known location.

An initial autopsy produced inconclusive results last month. The remains were transferred to an anthropologist for further analysis.

"Chris and Roberta are still mourning the loss of their son and are hopeful that these findings bring closure to both families," Bertolino tells PEOPLE in a statement.

More detail
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:38 pm    Post subject:

Any mention of finding a gun next to the body or did his dad take it home?

Last edited by unleasHell on Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
VTECkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:16 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
A mention of finding a gun next to the body or did his dad take it home?

Was going to mention the same thing? Why take a month for cause of death... hole in head...

Then crickets when it comes to finding a gun in dead bodies hand?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger Reply with quote
Omar Little

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Brian Laundrie Died from Self-Inflicted Gunshot Wound, Family Attorney Says

Quote:
Brian Laundrie died from a gunshot wound to the head, family attorney Steven Bertolino announced Tuesday. His death has been ruled a suicide.

The news comes nearly five weeks after partial human remains of the 23-year-old fugitive were discovered in Myakkahatchee Creek Environmental Park — near Laundrie's last known location.

An initial autopsy produced inconclusive results last month. The remains were transferred to an anthropologist for further analysis.

"Chris and Roberta are still mourning the loss of their son and are hopeful that these findings bring closure to both families," Bertolino tells PEOPLE in a statement.

More detail

That’s a good term for him. Partial human.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:56 am    Post subject:

Gabby Petito’s family seeks $50 million from Utah police department for inadequate response to Brian Laundrie’s abuse

Quote:
The family of Gabby Petito has submitted a $50 million claim against the Moab, Utah, Police Department, arguing the 22-year-old may not have been killed last year by her fiancé if officers had recognized he was the “true primary aggressor” in a domestic dispute about two weeks before her death.

Additionally, Petito’s family claims her killing was caused by the wrongful acts or neglect of the police department and its officers.

Quote:
At the heart of Petito’s family’s claim is the traffic stop last August, which officers executed after being informed the witness “had seen Brian assault Gabby.”

Police pulled over their vehicle – a white Ford van – after it exceeded the speed limit, abruptly left its lane and struck a curb, according to a police report.

Footage recorded by police body cameras shows Moab police officers talking to Petito and Laundrie, who admitted to having a fight in which Petito said she struck her fiancé first. Officers noticed Petito had cuts on her face and arm, and she “demonstrated how Brian had violently grabbed her face during their altercation,” telling police Laundrie “gets frustrated with me a lot.”

But Petito also “displayed the classic hallmarks of an abused partner,” the notice says, taking blame for the incident. The officers “did not press further,” the notice says.

According to the family’s claim, a photo taken at the time, which has not been made public, “shows a close-up view of Gabby’s face where blood is smeared on her cheek and left eye, revealing the violent nature of Brian’s attack.”

Laundrie told police the couple had been under increasing stress. He admitted to pushing Petito away when she tried to slap him and also to taking her phone, claiming he didn’t have one and was afraid that she would leave him. However, later in the interview, he took out his own phone and gave officers his number, the notice says.

Despite the cuts and Laundrie’s inconsistencies, one of the officers said Petito must be booked into jail since, under the domestic violence statutes of Utah, she was considered the primary aggressor and Laundrie the victim.

Both Petito and Laundrie objected, and the officers eventually agreed not to charge Petito as long as she and Laundrie agreed to spend the night apart.

“Roughly two weeks later, Brian brutally murdered Gabby,” the notice says, “leaving her body in the woods of Grand Teton National Forest.”

A review of the Moab Police Department’s handling of the incident by an independent investigator – a captain with the police department in Price, Utah, about 115 miles away – recommended the two officers who responded be placed on probation, saying they made “several unintentional mistakes” – namely failing to cite anyone for domestic violence, though there appeared to be only sufficient evidence to charge Petito.

The investigative report, released in January, recommended new policies for the department, including additional domestic violence training and legal training for officers.

The city at the time did not address any potential discipline for the two officers but said it “intends to implement the report’s recommendations” on new policies for the police department, including additional domestic violence training and legal training for officers.

“Based on the report’s findings, the City of Moab believes our officers showed kindness, respect and empathy in their handling of this incident,” the city’s statement said.

Petito’s parents and stepparents did not comment on the litigation during Monday’s virtual news conference at the direction of their lawyers. But her mother acknowledged the footage of the Moab incident was “very painful.”

“I wanted to jump through the screen, rescue her,” Nicole Schmidt said, encouraging victims of domestic violence to reach out for help.

Asked what the family wants the public to remember from Petito’s story, her father Joseph Petito, said people should learn there’s always a way out.

“Her legacy is to help people that don’t see a way out, and there are,” he said.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/09/us/gabby-petito-family-lawsuit-moab-utah-police/index.html

---------

Quote:
"Gabby's parents are bringing this lawsuit to honor Gabby's legacy by working to save the lives of victims of domestic violence throughout the United States and the world," said James McConkie, an attorney with Parker & McConkie, which is representing the Petito family.

McConkie said this Utah lawsuit is part of a bigger effort by Petito's parents to raise awareness of intimate partner violence. The family wants to help victims of domestic violence know there are resources available and that they can rely on law enforcement.

"They hope their efforts to help will save lives and give meaning to the senseless, avoidable and tragic murder of their daughter," McConkie said.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50453358/gabby-petito-family-to-file-50m-utah-lawsuit-saying-moab-police-should-have-done-more

Yeah, I don't know if forcing the city of Moab and ultimately the taxpayers to pay $50M will help bring awareness to domestic violence...

It's also on Gabby to ask those 2 police officers for help as well.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Gabby Petito’s family seeks $50 million from Utah police department for inadequate response to Brian Laundrie’s abuse

Quote:
The family of Gabby Petito has submitted a $50 million claim against the Moab, Utah, Police Department, arguing the 22-year-old may not have been killed last year by her fiancé if officers had recognized he was the “true primary aggressor” in a domestic dispute about two weeks before her death.

Additionally, Petito’s family claims her killing was caused by the wrongful acts or neglect of the police department and its officers.

Quote:
At the heart of Petito’s family’s claim is the traffic stop last August, which officers executed after being informed the witness “had seen Brian assault Gabby.”

Police pulled over their vehicle – a white Ford van – after it exceeded the speed limit, abruptly left its lane and struck a curb, according to a police report.

Footage recorded by police body cameras shows Moab police officers talking to Petito and Laundrie, who admitted to having a fight in which Petito said she struck her fiancé first. Officers noticed Petito had cuts on her face and arm, and she “demonstrated how Brian had violently grabbed her face during their altercation,” telling police Laundrie “gets frustrated with me a lot.”

But Petito also “displayed the classic hallmarks of an abused partner,” the notice says, taking blame for the incident. The officers “did not press further,” the notice says.

According to the family’s claim, a photo taken at the time, which has not been made public, “shows a close-up view of Gabby’s face where blood is smeared on her cheek and left eye, revealing the violent nature of Brian’s attack.”

Laundrie told police the couple had been under increasing stress. He admitted to pushing Petito away when she tried to slap him and also to taking her phone, claiming he didn’t have one and was afraid that she would leave him. However, later in the interview, he took out his own phone and gave officers his number, the notice says.

Despite the cuts and Laundrie’s inconsistencies, one of the officers said Petito must be booked into jail since, under the domestic violence statutes of Utah, she was considered the primary aggressor and Laundrie the victim.

Both Petito and Laundrie objected, and the officers eventually agreed not to charge Petito as long as she and Laundrie agreed to spend the night apart.

“Roughly two weeks later, Brian brutally murdered Gabby,” the notice says, “leaving her body in the woods of Grand Teton National Forest.”

A review of the Moab Police Department’s handling of the incident by an independent investigator – a captain with the police department in Price, Utah, about 115 miles away – recommended the two officers who responded be placed on probation, saying they made “several unintentional mistakes” – namely failing to cite anyone for domestic violence, though there appeared to be only sufficient evidence to charge Petito.

The investigative report, released in January, recommended new policies for the department, including additional domestic violence training and legal training for officers.

The city at the time did not address any potential discipline for the two officers but said it “intends to implement the report’s recommendations” on new policies for the police department, including additional domestic violence training and legal training for officers.

“Based on the report’s findings, the City of Moab believes our officers showed kindness, respect and empathy in their handling of this incident,” the city’s statement said.

Petito’s parents and stepparents did not comment on the litigation during Monday’s virtual news conference at the direction of their lawyers. But her mother acknowledged the footage of the Moab incident was “very painful.”

“I wanted to jump through the screen, rescue her,” Nicole Schmidt said, encouraging victims of domestic violence to reach out for help.

Asked what the family wants the public to remember from Petito’s story, her father Joseph Petito, said people should learn there’s always a way out.

“Her legacy is to help people that don’t see a way out, and there are,” he said.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/09/us/gabby-petito-family-lawsuit-moab-utah-police/index.html

---------

Quote:
"Gabby's parents are bringing this lawsuit to honor Gabby's legacy by working to save the lives of victims of domestic violence throughout the United States and the world," said James McConkie, an attorney with Parker & McConkie, which is representing the Petito family.

McConkie said this Utah lawsuit is part of a bigger effort by Petito's parents to raise awareness of intimate partner violence. The family wants to help victims of domestic violence know there are resources available and that they can rely on law enforcement.

"They hope their efforts to help will save lives and give meaning to the senseless, avoidable and tragic murder of their daughter," McConkie said.

https://www.ksl.com/article/50453358/gabby-petito-family-to-file-50m-utah-lawsuit-saying-moab-police-should-have-done-more

Yeah, I don't know if forcing the city of Moab and ultimately the taxpayers to pay $50M will help bring awareness to domestic violence...

It's also on Gabby to ask those 2 police officers for help as well.

Yeah, and the reality is that even if they arrested it at the time, he wouldn't have been held for long and she likely would have waited for him to get out and reunite. I really don't see how it would have changed anything.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Page 7 of 7
Jump to: