Mexican TV Show host who proposed to Tom Brady at SB 42 accused of embezzling almost $150 million

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:53 pm    Post subject: Mexican TV Show host who proposed to Tom Brady at SB 42 accused of embezzling almost $150 million

https://brobible.com/sports/article/ines-gomez-mont-embezzling-150-million/

Quote:
Mexican TV Show Host Who Proposed To Tom Brady At SB XLII Accused of Embezzling Almost $150 Million

Mexican TV show host Ines Gomez Mont, who became famous for proposing to Tom Brady at Super Bowl XLII, is on the run, accused of embezzling $150 million.
Mont and her husband Víctor Manuel Alvarez Puga, a lawyer, are reportedly on the run from authorities after a federal judge issued a warrant for their arrest.
More crazy crime news here.
A Mexican television host, Ines Gomez Mont, who became internet famous back in 2008 when, while wearing a wedding dress, she attempted to ask Tom Brady to marry her at Super Bowl LII Media Day, is on the lamb after allegedly stealing almost $150 million.

The former host of TV Azteca’s Los 25+ and co-host of Ventaneando got her job as a TV show host after acting on a 1997 telenovela Tric Trac.

Since then, Ines Gomez Mont did actually get married, and have six children, with a lawyer named Víctor Manuel Alvarez Puga, who was also named in an arrest warrant issued by a federal judge in Mexico.

The couple are reportedly on the run for embezzling around 300 million pesos from Mexico’s Ministry of the Interior. People states “local outlet TVNotas reported that the couple had fled the country upon learning that they were being investigated.”

Now, the Mexican Attorney General’s Office is requesting that Interpol, the international criminal police organization, issue international location and capture orders against Gomez Mont and Alvarez Puga, according to Uno TV and Animal Politico.

The orders — more widely known as red notices — would allow authorities across the world to help track the couple’s location.

Writing on Instagram after the warrant was issued, Gomez Mont stated, “This afternoon various media reported on an arrest warrant issued against me, my husband, and other people.

“We have not had access to that order or to the evidence that justifies it.” she continued. “Only to press reports with partial and maliciously leaked information.

“To those who have sent us their expressions of support, I thank you with all my heart. Know that we are preparing to face this process and we will exercise all of our rights.

“I will keep you informed about this sad and painful situation. Thank you for your love and God bless you.”

Gomez Mont and Alvarez Puga have been officially charged with money laundering, operations with resources of illicit origin and embezzlement, and reportedly face between 20 to 60 years in prison if convicted.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 6:50 pm    Post subject:

They are either actually innocent, or incredibly stupid. If they are innocent, then being "on the run" (assuming that's the accurate description) hurts their case. And if they are guilty and actually on the run, using social media to profess their innocence just makes things easier for LE to find them.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject:

And what about their 6 kids? I'm assuming they didn't take them on the run with them. So in addition to everything else, they abandoned their kids. Of course if they end up in jail, same deal - abandoned kids.

Last edited by ChefLinda on Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:21 am; edited 2 times in total
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:04 am    Post subject:

How can we take news stories seriously when they don't know the difference between lam and lamb? I bet they have a college edumacashun.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:06 am    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
How can we take news stories seriously when they don't know the difference between lam and lamb? I bet they have a college edumacashun.

There was an incriminating trail of mint jelly.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: