Alec Baldwin accidentally kills film crew member with prop gun (UPDATE 4/20/23: Charges dropped)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:47 pm    Post subject:

I think it is fair if they go after the deeper pockets, because those were the people who got the film greenlit and who were not only responsible for but willfully engaged in cost and corner cutting of a huge degree that created a bad working environment even before a person died. They responded to a union crew quitting by hiring a scab crew and doubling down on the negligence. Because they had the power and wealth and control. They own what happened.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Looks like her excuse of having 2 jobs might not hold water:

Quote:
But sources within the production told NBC News on Friday that it’s common practice for an armorer, like Gutierrez-Reed, to have separate responsibilities within a prop team.

In the case of Gutierrez-Reed's on “Rust,” she worked only two days in props and never had dual prop and weapons responsibilities on the same day, the production sources said.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:21 am    Post subject:

Here's a clearer timeline of what happened:

1) The shooting happened after lunch break. The guns were not left on the cart, but was locked up in the truck.

Quote:
After the meal, property master Sarah Zachry retrieved the guns that would be needed for the scene from a truck, where the weapons were stored inside a locked safe.

2) There was ammunition left unsecured out on the cart during lunch break.

Quote:
The ammunition was also in the truck, but had been left unsecured on a cart during the break, according to a search warrant affidavit filed by the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office on Oct. 27.

3) Looks like the armorer (Gutierrez Reed) got the gun/guns from Sarah Zachry and brought them to the church to give to Dave Halls, the assistant director. The church was where they were shooting the scene. Alec Baldwin had not returned from lunch yet at this point. The armorer performed the safety checks in front of Dave Halls. It also says she entered the church. There were other people inside the church so I'm guessing they can corroborate what kind of safety check was performed.

Quote:
That Thursday, the crew began preparing for the scene before Baldwin had returned from his lunch break. Gutierrez Reed entered the church with the firearms, performing a safety check with the Colt .45 in front of Halls.

4) Seems like there was supposed to be dummy rounds inside the chamber. They wanted the dummy rounds in the chamber so that the camera can get a shot of the gun being loaded.

Quote:
No projectile was supposed to be in the firearm. Just a dummy round that contained no gunpowder.

Quote:
A dummy round, which contains no gunpowder and doesn’t fire, would look nearly identical to a a bullet when the camera peered down the barrel of the revolver Baldwin was holding, with none of the lethal capabilities.

5) Halls thought he did see 3 rounds in the chamber. He just assumed them to be the dummy rounds that were supposed to be in there. He never checked to see if they were dummy or live rounds.

Quote:
He thought he saw three rounds inside the gun, but he did not check them before taking the weapon in his hand.

He told investigators that “he should have checked all of them, but didn’t, and couldn’t recall if she spun the drum,” according to the affidavit.

Quote:
If the rounds had been checked as they went into the gun, Halls would have seen that at least one lacked the small hole or indent that visually differentiates dummies from bullets. He would have also noticed that it didn’t make the signature rattling that proves there’s only a BB — and no gunpowder — in the dummy round.

6) Gutierrez Reed left the church. So, she never saw Baldwin get the gun.

Quote:
The armorer left the church.

7) Dave Halls ran through Baldwin's scene as a stand-in performer with the gun. He never pulled the trigger.

Quote:
No stand-in performers were on site, so the first assistant director ran through Baldwin’s blocking himself, pulling the gun three times. Russell, a B-Cam operator, watched the action unfold from a monitor on his dolly. Hutchins stood over his shoulder, flanked by Souza.

During the scene, Baldwin’s character was supposed to fast-draw his weapon and shoot at a rival. Halls had not pulled the gun’s trigger during the run-throughs he performed.

8) Baldwin later comes in after lunch. It doesn't talk about when Dave Halls yelled "cold gun". Earlier accounts had him yelling "cold gun" and Baldwin heard it. But, from this timeline, I don't know when he yelled "cold gun". He got the gun before Baldwin was there. He was practicing with the gun, and then Baldwin came in. Is this when he yelled "cold gun"? This doesn't add up to me unless he yelled "cold gun" twice? If he's going to be practicing with the gun as Baldwin's stand-in, he needs to let everyone know he has a cold gun? Then, when Baldwin comes on set, he needs to let Baldwin know again?

Also, Baldwin shot the DP and the director at 2 ft range.

Quote:
But when Baldwin entered the church to do a quick rehearsal, he apparently did.

The bullet barely missed Russell before hitting the DP and the director. The trio was about two feet from the muzzle of the weapon.

Quote:
A lead bullet flew out of the weapon Baldwin had been assured was a “cold gun.”

Quote:
“What the f— just happened?”

Alec Baldwin repeated the words again and again with growing urgency as the sound of the shot reverberated throughout the wooden church.

Mere seconds before, the actor had been preparing to film a scene in which he, as a grizzled 1880s Kansas outlaw, becomes involved in a shootout in a church. He was just going through the motions, giving the camera crew a chance to line up their angles.

“So,” he had said, placing his hand on the Colt .45 revolver in its holster, “I guess I’m gonna take this out, pull it, and go, ‘Bang!’”

No projectile was supposed to be in the firearm. Just a dummy round that contained no gunpowder. Baldwin was simply showing the director and the cinematographer of “Rust,” a low-budget indie western film, what he was going to do when cameras began rolling.

Instead, he shot them.

A lead bullet flew out of the weapon Baldwin had been assured was a “cold gun.” It hit cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, who stumbled back, falling into the arms of the head electrician. As she was laid to the ground, she could see the blood pouring from her chest. Behind her director Joel Souza was also down, clutching his shoulder; the bullet had gone through Hutchins’ body into his.

“What the f— was that? That burns!” Souza screamed.

Baldwin put the gun down on a church pew. He looked down in horror at his two injured colleagues, repeating his initial question like a mantra.

“Medic!” someone yelled, as various crew members huddled around Hutchins, trying to stanch the bleeding. A boom operator looked into her eyes. “Oh, that was no good,” the sound guy said.

“No,” Hutchins replied. “That was no good. That was no good at all.”

Within hours, she would be pronounced dead.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/business/story/2021-10-31/rust-film-alec-baldwin-shooting-what-happened-that-day
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:03 am    Post subject:

^^^

Here are the thing that still don't make sense.

If Baldwin was going to pull the gun and say "BANG" without firing the gun, why did the gun get fired?

If Baldwin was supposed to shoot the gun in the take as it describes, why was the gun only loaded with what people presumed were dummy rounds? This was a film that was using blanks for its shooting scenes all the time. In fact, they used so many, one actor said he actually was afraid of all the blank rounds being fired because there was a shield around the camera crew, but the actors were unprotected.

The only thing I can think of is that they wanted a close up of the gun being fired at the camera (seeing the action of the trigger pull and the hammer movement) and since it was so close, they didn't use blanks. But if that is the case, why does no one's statement to the investigators actually indicate that the gun wasn't supposed to fire and that they were going to add the muzzle flash and smoke in post? Seems to me, if that was the plan and I was trying to explain why a deadly accident occurred under those circumstances, that would definitely mention to the invetigators.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Seems it’s one of three things:

They were looking for a shot of the gun firing with dummies in it for realism of the cylinder.

They were just getting a look at the shot and Baldwin wasn’t supposed to fire but did.

They were getting a look at the shot and the gun and Baldwin wasn’t supposed to fire but did accidentally.

Based on the fact that he apparently said Bang in the first of two “takes”, seems it is one of the latter two.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:

They were looking for a shot of the gun firing with dummies in it for realism of the cylinder.

They were just getting a look at the shot and Baldwin wasn’t supposed to fire but did.

They were getting a look at the shot and the gun and Baldwin wasn’t supposed to fire but did accidentally.

Based on the fact that he apparently said Bang in the first of two “takes”, seems it is one of the latter two.

This is the part I am referring to:

During the scene, Baldwin’s character was supposed to fast-draw his weapon and shoot at a rival.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:32 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Omar Little wrote:

This is the part I am referring to:

During the scene, Baldwin’s character was supposed to fast-draw his weapon and shoot at a rival.

If this gun was also allowed to be used as a live ammo recreational firing weapon outside of the set could it have a modified hair trigger? I imagine the police will inspect the trigger of the gun

Guns.. sigh.. Americans not taking these things seriously. How expensive would it be to just have actual prop guns that never leave a set ever?
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:12 am    Post subject:

The armorer was definitely at fault. She was given the firearm from the prop master. She was negligent as she didn't inspect the weapon carefully. I'm sure the dummy rounds have some markings that she should have seen by rotating the cylinder. If they didn't have markings, she should have removed all the rounds and inspected them one at a time prior to giving the weapon to Baldwin.

I'm still in disbelief that the firearm discharged on its own by a misfire accident. I can understand if it's a hang fire, but that isn't what happened here. Baldwin drew the gun and it fired. The weapon was a single action revolver (Colt .45 usually refers to the Single Action Army, or the 1911 Pistol which clearly wasn't used here). Single action revolvers require two actions, pulling the hammer back, then pressing the trigger, or keeping the trigger depressed and pulling back (likely fanning) the hammer. This isn't a double action revolver that fires with only the trigger pressed. Baldwin had to be drawing with the trigger already pulled, then pulling or fanning the trigger with the intent of firing the weapon.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
'Rust' armorer's attorneys speculate sabotage occurred on set in deadly Alec Baldwin shooting incident

The armorer on the set of "Rust" offered a chilling theory through her attorneys about what led to the accidental shooting death of Halyna Hutchins.

Speaking on the "Today" show Wednesday, Jason Bowles and Robert Gorence claimed that the bullets their client loaded into the gun on the day of the shooting were taken from a box that was only supposed to contain dummy rounds that were incapable of firing. However, because the ammunition was left unattended from roughly 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. that day, they believe the opportunity was there for a disgruntled crew member to mix a live round into the box.

"We don’t know, however, whether that live round came from that box," Bowles said. "We’re assuming it did. We’re assuming somebody put that live round in that box, which, if you think about that, the person who put the live round in the box of dummy rounds had to have the purpose of sabotaging the set. There’s no other reason you would do that. That you would mix that live round with the dummy rounds."

"I believe that somebody who would do that would want to sabotage the set, would want to prove a point and want to say that they’re disgruntled, they're unhappy," Bowles added. "We know that people walked off the set the day before and they’re unhappy. And the reason they’re unhappy is they’re working 12-14 hour days, they were not given hotel rooms in and around the area so they had to drive back and forth an hour to Albuquerque and they’re unhappy."

Quote:
"We know a couple of facts. We know there was a live round in a box of dummy rounds that shouldn’t have been there. At least one round. We have people who walked off set because they were disgruntled. We have a timeline of approximately 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. that day in which the firearms at that time were unattended," Bowles said. "So there was opportunity to tamper with this scene and yes, we’re looking at that possibility."

Sounds like they are accusing someone on set of premeditated murder.

I watch alot of Forensic Files so I’m thinking somehow they can trace these live round casings back to where it was purchased and who purchased them? At least that’s how it plays out on Forensic Files.

Even if this was true, I don’t see how the armorer can escape culpability if she was the one who loaded the gun (sounds like that’s what the attorneys are saying).

Basically they are saying that because it was a box of dummy rounds, the armorer couldn’t tell that she was loading a live round into the gun. What’s the point of having an armorer then?
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:15 pm    Post subject:

Ammunition sales are controlled, you have to present your identification at the point of purchase and the retailer has to record your personal details, including license number.

I don't buy the story, to me it sounds like the lawyer is weaving legal sophistry in an attempt to sow reasonable doubt among the potential jurors. It will probably be presented in court along the lines of, "The prosecution cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt that someone else tried to sabotage the filming" and then use the crew who abandoned the project as the potential saboteurs.

I'm not in the industry, but I do not understand why dummy rounds are not clearly marked. If you do something like anodize the dummy bullet casings in a florescent green or red color, you'd never make that mistake. I simply disbelieve that there were no markings present on the dummy bullets, it just doesn't stand up to common sense. In my opinion the armorer never checked the cylinder for live rounds.

Someone needs to tell Baldwin to stop with the indignant anger crap and keep a low profile.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
Ammunition sales are controlled, you have to present your identification at the point of purchase and the retailer has to record your personal details, including license number.

I don't buy the story, to me it sounds like the lawyer is weaving legal sophistry in an attempt to sow reasonable doubt among the potential jurors. It will probably be presented in court along the lines of, "The prosecution cannot prove beyond a reasonable doubt that someone else tried to sabotage the filming" and then use the crew who abandoned the project as the potential saboteurs.

I'm not in the industry, but I do not understand why dummy rounds are not clearly marked. If you do something like anodize the dummy bullet casings in a florescent green or red color, you'd never make that mistake. I simply disbelieve that there were no markings present on the dummy bullets, it just doesn't stand up to common sense. In my opinion the armorer never checked the cylinder for live rounds.

Someone needs to tell Baldwin to stop with the indignant anger crap and keep a low profile.

Do you have to show ID in New Mexico? I know that's a state that's a lot looser with the gun laws.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"There was a box of dummy rounds and the box is labeled dummy.

Hannah did take from that box which she by all accounts should have been able to rely on, that contains only dummy rounds," said Gutierrez Reed's lawyer Jason Bowles.

“She loaded rounds from that box into the handgun only to later find out -- and she had no idea -- she inspected the rounds, that there was a live round.

Her attorney contradicting himself.

He says she had no idea when she was loading the gun that she was loading it with a live round.

But later, he says after she inspected the rounds (presumably after it was fired) that there was a live round.

If she can tell the difference between a live round and dummy round after inspection, why couldn’t she tell when she was loading the gun?

His excuse: as long as the box is labeled “dummy” - her responsibility of checking each round ended there.

What was the purpose of her performing the safety check in front of Dave Halls then? She should have just showed him the box of ammunition labeled “dummy”
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

Yeah, it really doesn’t matter if or how the live rounds got into the dummy box. That’s pretty irrelevant when assessing her culpability.

According to the AEA guidelines, only 2 people can load the gun on set: the armorer and prop master. It’s up to whoever’s doing the loading to know what they are loading into the gun. No excuses. Can’t blame it on a saboteur.

Quote:
The Actors’ Equity Association’s guidelines state that, “Before each use, make sure the gun has been test-fired off stage and then ask to test fire it yourself. Watch the prop master check the cylinders and barrel to be sure no foreign object or dummy bullet has become lodged inside.” Further, “All loading of firearms must be done by the property master, armorer or experienced persons working under their direct supervision.”
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:26 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

Dummy rounds are made to look real because you can see parts of them both in western gun belts and in the weapon when filmed close up from the front or some side angles. They have a BB that is placed inside so they rattle when shaken. According to a union armorer whose article I read and can't locate right now, when he loads the gun he first has the first assistant director shake them all for confirmation, then loads, then dry fires every round at the floor in front of said person. Then he repeats that dry fire for the actor holding the gun and anyone he would point it at. Only then does he hand the gun over.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject:

So basically, multiple people ignored a series of required safeguards.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:39 pm    Post subject:

I'm sort of a conspiracy thinker

One of the first thoughts that crossed my mind was SNL Trump was in enemy territory and maybe some maga trash were on the set??

^I don't believe every thought I have.. just look at potentials
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

One of the first thoughts that crossed my mind was SNL Trump was in enemy territory and maybe some maga trash were on the set??

As someone familiar with the widely diverse group that makes up the typical production crew, I can guarantee that there were certainly some MAGA types on that set (including the armorer). However, I also know that crews have the utmost respect for each other and put aside differences in politics because they are in the trenches working their asses off together and need each other to make their days—they don't have time for that (bleep).

The idea that people would actually set Baldwin up so he would kill one of their own just because they dislike his politics is absolutely one of the most ridiculous things you have posted. And that's saying a lot.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:11 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Quote:
'Rust' armorer's attorneys speculate sabotage occurred on set in deadly Alec Baldwin shooting incident

The armorer on the set of "Rust" offered a chilling theory through her attorneys about what led to the accidental shooting death of Halyna Hutchins.

Speaking on the "Today" show Wednesday, Jason Bowles and Robert Gorence claimed that the bullets their client loaded into the gun on the day of the shooting were taken from a box that was only supposed to contain dummy rounds that were incapable of firing. However, because the ammunition was left unattended from roughly 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. that day, they believe the opportunity was there for a disgruntled crew member to mix a live round into the box.

"We don’t know, however, whether that live round came from that box," Bowles said. "We’re assuming it did. We’re assuming somebody put that live round in that box, which, if you think about that, the person who put the live round in the box of dummy rounds had to have the purpose of sabotaging the set. There’s no other reason you would do that. That you would mix that live round with the dummy rounds."

"I believe that somebody who would do that would want to sabotage the set, would want to prove a point and want to say that they’re disgruntled, they're unhappy," Bowles added. "We know that people walked off the set the day before and they’re unhappy. And the reason they’re unhappy is they’re working 12-14 hour days, they were not given hotel rooms in and around the area so they had to drive back and forth an hour to Albuquerque and they’re unhappy."

Quote:
"We know a couple of facts. We know there was a live round in a box of dummy rounds that shouldn’t have been there. At least one round. We have people who walked off set because they were disgruntled. We have a timeline of approximately 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. that day in which the firearms at that time were unattended," Bowles said. "So there was opportunity to tamper with this scene and yes, we’re looking at that possibility."

Sounds like they are accusing someone on set of premeditated murder.

I watch alot of Forensic Files so I’m thinking somehow they can trace these live round casings back to where it was purchased and who purchased them? At least that’s how it plays out on Forensic Files.

Even if this was true, I don’t see how the armorer can escape culpability if she was the one who loaded the gun (sounds like that’s what the attorneys are saying).

Basically they are saying that because it was a box of dummy rounds, the armorer couldn’t tell that she was loading a live round into the gun. What’s the point of having an armorer then?

None of what that attorney claims changes the armorer's level of culpability. Dummy rounds are marked on the firing pin end and are hollow, often with a BB inside that will rattle when handled.

Even if someone was "disgruntled" enough that they would willingly put a colleagues life in danger by putting a live round in the box, that doesn't absolve the armorer from the responsibility of checking the rounds when moving them from the box to the gun.

The more I hear about the armorer, the more I become aware that she is a miserable excuse for a human, so I am not surprised her legal representative is even more reprehensible.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Last edited by DaMuleRules on Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Which was the basic modus operandi of the production team in all aspects, not just the weapon handling.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:23 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

Which was the basic modus operandi of the production team in all aspects, not just the weapon handling.

And there is the reason this is going to be a costly as well as unnecessary death. I think the legal term is pattern of behavior.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:24 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ContagiousInspiration wrote:

As someone familiar with the widely diverse group that makes up the typical production crew, I can guarantee that there were certainly some MAGA types on that set (including the armorer). However, I also know that crews have the utmost respect for each other and put aside differences in politics because they are in the trenches working their asses off together and need each other to make their days—they don't have time for that (bleep).

The idea that people would actually set Baldwin up so he would kill one of their own just because they dislike his politics is absolutely one of the most ridiculous things you have posted. And that's saying a lot.

If you were to tell me Alec Baldwin is a cheapskate producer who runs off union workers and leaves them stranded. Hires an unqualified armorer. et al that would be really wild too

I didn't see much respect for studio crews in all of this
You cannot say you respect studio crews and hire non-union unqualified dangerous employees to replace them

Some really bad decisions were made about employment on this set

And to put anything past a MAGA is more ridiculous than anything I have ever said IMHO
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2021 7:48 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Do you have to show ID in New Mexico? I know that's a state that's a lot looser with the gun laws.

I stand corrected. In CA the sales are restricted; in NM it is the wild west.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:55 pm    Post subject:

This movie is cursed. More tragedy on the set:

Quote:
Worker closing down Baldwin’s ‘Rust’ set bitten by poisonous spider, may lose arm

A production worker on Alec Baldwin’s tragedy-marred flick “Rust” was bitten by a poisonous spider while helping to close down the set after its fatal accidental shooting — and may now lose his arm.

Lamp operator and pipe rigger Jason Miller was bitten by a venomous brown recluse while helping wrap up film production after Baldwin shot and killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on Oct. 21, Sky News said.

A JustGiving fundraising page said Miller has experienced necrosis of his arm and sepsis as a result of the bite.

“He has been hospitalized and endured multiple surgeries each day as doctors do their best to stop the infection and try to save his arm from amputation,” the page says, according to Sky News.

There is a chance “under worse circumstances he loses his arm,” the page said.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject:

Lawsuit has been filed by one of the crew members.

Quote:
Alec Baldwin, ‘Rust’ Producers, Armorer & First AD Sued For “General Negligence” By Film’s Gaffer Over Fatal Shooting

Rust gaffer Serge Svetnoy has filed a complaint of general negligence against the production, the financiers, star Alec Baldwin, armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed, first Assistant Director David Halls, armorer mentor Seth Kenny and many more.

I looked up what a gaffer is: the chief electrician in a motion-picture or television production unit.

The lawsuit was filed in LA Superior Court. This is odd since it happened in New Mexico.

Quote:
The 25-page jury trial seeking document placed in the docket in LA Superior Court

Here's a part of the complaint:

Quote:
As to the chain of custody of the Colt revolver that day....

Plaintiff is informed he believes, and on such information and belief alleges tat prior to the aforementioned scene, Defendant Zachry retrieved the Colt Revolver from an unknown location.

Plaintiff is informed and believes, and on such information and belief alleges that Defendant Zachry failed to thoroughly inspect the Colt Revolver for safety before handing it to Rust’s armorer, Defendant Gutierrez Reed.

Plaintiff is informed and believes, and on such information and belief alleges that Defendant Gutierrez Reed loaded the Colt Revolver for the forthcoming scene. As she did so, Plaintiff is informed and believes, and on such information and belief alleges that Defendant Gutierrez Reed either failed to thoroughly inspect the gun, causing her not to realize that a live round of ammunition was present in the Colt Revolver’s cylinder, or loaded the Colt Revolver with at least one round of live ammunition.

Plaintiff is informed and believes, and on such information and belief alleges that Defendant Gutierrez Reed either released or allowed the Colt Revolver to be released to Defendant Halls with at least one round of live ammunition in its cylinder.

Plaintiff is informed and believes, and on such information and belief alleges that defendant Halls, upon taking custody of the Colt revolver, failed to thoroughly and properly inspect it before shouting “cold gun” (an industry term indicating that the firearm was no loaded with live rounds) and handing it to defendant Baldwin. Defendant Gutierrez Reed then left the church set.

Defendant Baldwin, upon receiving the Colt revolver from Defendant Halls, failed to thoroughly inspect it with Defendant Halls to ensure that it was indeed “cold” before rehearsing his scene with it.

Guess they are also suing Baldwin for failing to inspect the gun.

https://deadline.com/2021/11/alec-baldwin-rust-lawsuit-fatal-shooting-halyna-hutchins-serge-svetnoy-1234871615/
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2021 1:53 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
The lawsuit was filed in LA Superior Court. This is odd since it happened in New Mexico.

Not really -- probably just that the production company is located there.

Quote:
Guess they are also suing Baldwin for failing to inspect the gun.

I'm interested in DMR's feedback here. Previously he said the actor's job in this scenario is to act. Are there any industry or legal requirements for him to have verified himself that it was a cold gun?

And if there were, does an actor typically have the technical competence to be able to make that determination?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10
Jump to: