Should Jeanie sell the team?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 13154

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:44 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for sharing, Vas!

Jeanie inherited her role and control of the team. She surrounds herself in the front office with people she considers family. Wanting her to make decisions based on merit is unrealistic. She may be a nice person and even care deeply about the Lakers (many accounts suggest those things are true). But she brings people onboard in her own image, because they’re known, not because they’re knowledgeable.
_________________
Los Angeles Lakers Leadership: Jeanie Buss, Robert Pelinka, Kurt Rambis, LeBron James, Rich Paul.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17972

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:59 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Vas!

Jeanie inherited her role and control of the team. She surrounds herself in the front office with people she considers family. Wanting her to make decisions based on merit is unrealistic. She may be a nice person and even care deeply about the Lakers (many accounts suggest those things are true). But she brings people onboard in her own image, because they’re known, not because they’re knowledgeable.

Except she won a ring 2 seasons ago because of the people she surrounded herself with.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
paymonM
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jul 2003
Posts: 4448

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Vas!

Jeanie inherited her role and control of the team. She surrounds herself in the front office with people she considers family. Wanting her to make decisions based on merit is unrealistic. She may be a nice person and even care deeply about the Lakers (many accounts suggest those things are true). But she brings people onboard in her own image, because they’re known, not because they’re knowledgeable.

Except she won a ring 2 seasons ago because of the people she surrounded herself with.


this is your owner. This is the face of the franchise:

https://twitter.com/JeanieBuss/photo

sometimes somethings are pretty simple .....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 37470

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:30 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Vas!

Jeanie inherited her role and control of the team. She surrounds herself in the front office with people she considers family. Wanting her to make decisions based on merit is unrealistic. She may be a nice person and even care deeply about the Lakers (many accounts suggest those things are true). But she brings people onboard in her own image, because they’re known, not because they’re knowledgeable.

Except she won a ring 2 seasons ago because of the people she surrounded herself with.


this is your owner. This is the face of the franchise:

https://twitter.com/JeanieBuss/photo

sometimes somethings are pretty simple .....



And so what? She poised naked for Playboy and she's not ashamed of her body or her sexuality.

I don't see how this says anything about her capabilities of as a owner.

I mean, Michael Jordan makes commercials wearing only underwear. Does the same criticism apply to him, or does it only apply to women?


Last edited by activeverb on Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 16169

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:32 pm    Post subject:

Jeanie will sell it to LeBron.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
acer77
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2017
Posts: 1050

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:49 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Vas!

Jeanie inherited her role and control of the team. She surrounds herself in the front office with people she considers family. Wanting her to make decisions based on merit is unrealistic. She may be a nice person and even care deeply about the Lakers (many accounts suggest those things are true). But she brings people onboard in her own image, because they’re known, not because they’re knowledgeable.

Except she won a ring 2 seasons ago because of the people she surrounded herself with.




How many other owners who has won a Championship in previous 2 years has been mocked, belittled and called an idiot as much as Jeanie Buss? None.

It's obvious it's because she's a woman and those attacking her are a bunch of sexists.
_________________
We love NIL (New & Improved Lakers!)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 9437

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:59 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Jeanie will sell it to LeBron.


please make this happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 13154

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:56 am    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Vas!

Jeanie inherited her role and control of the team. She surrounds herself in the front office with people she considers family. Wanting her to make decisions based on merit is unrealistic. She may be a nice person and even care deeply about the Lakers (many accounts suggest those things are true). But she brings people onboard in her own image, because they’re known, not because they’re knowledgeable.

Except she won a ring 2 seasons ago because of the people she surrounded herself with.




How many other owners who has won a Championship in previous 2 years has been mocked, belittled and called an idiot as much as Jeanie Buss? None.

It's obvious it's because she's a woman and those attacking her are a bunch of sexists.


I’ve no doubt your intentions are good and unfortunately there are surely those who have an issue seeing a woman as the owner. But just saying that’s the reason she’s criticized papers over the fact that there is a great deal about her performance as the owner to be critical of. She does deserve credit for the title and there are a bunch of other things she’s done well. But if you look over the last decade, it hasn’t been good. If you disagree, I respect that.
_________________
Los Angeles Lakers Leadership: Jeanie Buss, Robert Pelinka, Kurt Rambis, LeBron James, Rich Paul.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17972

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:04 am    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Vas!

Jeanie inherited her role and control of the team. She surrounds herself in the front office with people she considers family. Wanting her to make decisions based on merit is unrealistic. She may be a nice person and even care deeply about the Lakers (many accounts suggest those things are true). But she brings people onboard in her own image, because they’re known, not because they’re knowledgeable.

Except she won a ring 2 seasons ago because of the people she surrounded herself with.




How many other owners who has won a Championship in previous 2 years has been mocked, belittled and called an idiot as much as Jeanie Buss? None.

It's obvious it's because she's a woman and those attacking her are a bunch of sexists.

I don't know if its about being a woman but the narratives are silly:
1) She's cheap- Yet has the 4th highest payroll in the league
2) She doesn't pay FO - Rob makes 5per which is a lot, also I have to believe if you start to scrub other franchises you too will find legacy people in high positions.
3) Doesnt know good coaches - except her list was Monte, Lue, Vogel. Pretty good list, we ended up with a winner.
4) bullied by players - most franchises elite or otherwise in most leagues listen to input from their star, in this case both of our stars.
5) Seems to let basketball people do their jobs
6) Takes risks. - Allowed her people to swing for the fences. They struck out, but I certainly appreciate the approach.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 31763

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:24 am    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
How many other owners who has won a Championship in previous 2 years has been mocked, belittled and called an idiot as much as Jeanie Buss? None.

It's obvious it's because she's a woman and those attacking her are a bunch of sexists.


Naw, but this is part of the problem. She's the Teflon Buss. She's a woman, so the critics must be sexist. We won the bubble title, so she must be a competent owner. The problem for folks like you is that she has an actual resume at this point. The bulk of the criticisms have nothing to do with her gender. This leaves us with the disturbing fact that the bubble title validates Jeanie and the way she runs the franchise. This gives folks like you ammunition to say that she must be competent, even as it becomes increasingly obvious that she is mediocre at best and that she is doing a poor job of managing the franchise.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 9437

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:52 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
acer77 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Vas!

Jeanie inherited her role and control of the team. She surrounds herself in the front office with people she considers family. Wanting her to make decisions based on merit is unrealistic. She may be a nice person and even care deeply about the Lakers (many accounts suggest those things are true). But she brings people onboard in her own image, because they’re known, not because they’re knowledgeable.

Except she won a ring 2 seasons ago because of the people she surrounded herself with.




How many other owners who has won a Championship in previous 2 years has been mocked, belittled and called an idiot as much as Jeanie Buss? None.

It's obvious it's because she's a woman and those attacking her are a bunch of sexists.

I don't know if its about being a woman but the narratives are silly:
1) She's cheap- Yet has the 4th highest payroll in the league
2) She doesn't pay FO - Rob makes 5per which is a lot, also I have to believe if you start to scrub other franchises you too will find legacy people in high positions.
3) Doesnt know good coaches - except her list was Monte, Lue, Vogel. Pretty good list, we ended up with a winner.
4) bullied by players - most franchises elite or otherwise in most leagues listen to input from their star, in this case both of our stars.
5) Seems to let basketball people do their jobs
6) Takes risks. - Allowed her people to swing for the fences. They struck out, but I certainly appreciate the approach.


sure Lakers have one of the highest payroll in the league. but has she really gone all in to make that high payroll fulfill its full potential? a good comparison is a guy who has some money and went and bought a fancy car he always wanted, but since that's already pushing his limit, he skipped out on the extended warranty and takes his car to jiffy lube for oil changes. how long that expensive car is going to perform and last? this is similar with Lakers right now, sure she paid LeBron, AD and Russ, but what about rest of the team, what about a top notch world class medical/training staff?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 144843
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:57 am    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Vas!

Jeanie inherited her role and control of the team. She surrounds herself in the front office with people she considers family. Wanting her to make decisions based on merit is unrealistic. She may be a nice person and even care deeply about the Lakers (many accounts suggest those things are true). But she brings people onboard in her own image, because they’re known, not because they’re knowledgeable.

Except she won a ring 2 seasons ago because of the people she surrounded herself with.




How many other owners who has won a Championship in previous 2 years has been mocked, belittled and called an idiot as much as Jeanie Buss? None.

It's obvious it's because she's a woman and those attacking her are a bunch of sexists.


Lazy, very very lazy.
_________________
RIP mom. 11-21-1933 to 6-14-2023.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 1382

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:09 am    Post subject:

let's cut the cr @ p about her playboy centerfold. seriously, who cares? it was a long time ago, there's nothing wrong with doing it and she looked DAMN GOOD doing it. let it go!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 31763

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:42 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
paymonM wrote:
this is your owner. This is the face of the franchise:

https://twitter.com/JeanieBuss/photo

sometimes somethings are pretty simple .....



And so what? She poised naked for Playboy and she's not ashamed of her body or her sexuality.

I don't see how this says anything about her capabilities of as a owner.

I mean, Michael Jordan makes commercials wearing only underwear. Does the same criticism apply to him, or does it only apply to women?


Part of me wants to agree with you, but I just can't get there. The Playboy feature and the basketballs-over-breasts picture are part of her public image. This isn't an accident in any sense of the word -- these were conscious decisions that she made at the time and (in the case of the Twitter picture) is continuing to make. She chooses to present herself in an undignified way. If Michael Jordan posted a naked picture of himself holding a basketball over his crotch, you'd have a legitimate analogy. But he doesn't.

When Jeanie presents herself that way to the world, and then some people have a hard time taking her seriously, is it really sexist? I don't base my opinion about the quality of her ownership on her nude photos, but the person who is most responsible for Jeanie's public image is Jeanie herself.
_________________
Internet Argument Resolved
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17972

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:48 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
acer77 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Vas!

Jeanie inherited her role and control of the team. She surrounds herself in the front office with people she considers family. Wanting her to make decisions based on merit is unrealistic. She may be a nice person and even care deeply about the Lakers (many accounts suggest those things are true). But she brings people onboard in her own image, because they’re known, not because they’re knowledgeable.

Except she won a ring 2 seasons ago because of the people she surrounded herself with.




How many other owners who has won a Championship in previous 2 years has been mocked, belittled and called an idiot as much as Jeanie Buss? None.

It's obvious it's because she's a woman and those attacking her are a bunch of sexists.

I don't know if its about being a woman but the narratives are silly:
1) She's cheap- Yet has the 4th highest payroll in the league
2) She doesn't pay FO - Rob makes 5per which is a lot, also I have to believe if you start to scrub other franchises you too will find legacy people in high positions.
3) Doesnt know good coaches - except her list was Monte, Lue, Vogel. Pretty good list, we ended up with a winner.
4) bullied by players - most franchises elite or otherwise in most leagues listen to input from their star, in this case both of our stars.
5) Seems to let basketball people do their jobs
6) Takes risks. - Allowed her people to swing for the fences. They struck out, but I certainly appreciate the approach.


sure Lakers have one of the highest payroll in the league. but has she really gone all in to make that high payroll fulfill its full potential? a good comparison is a guy who has some money and went and bought a fancy car he always wanted, but since that's already pushing his limit, he skipped out on the extended warranty and takes his car to jiffy lube for oil changes. how long that expensive car is going to perform and last? this is similar with Lakers right now, sure she paid LeBron, AD and Russ, but what about rest of the team, what about a top notch world class medical/training staff?

so this is because of AC? How many games has he played? Show me another team with 3 stars as the caliber as ours (forget production, just sticker price) .

None. we could look at nets but like us they suck, the only difference is when healthy KD>bron.

We suck but it has everything to do with pieces vs. not paying. Thats not on her.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 144843
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:56 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
acer77 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Vas!

Jeanie inherited her role and control of the team. She surrounds herself in the front office with people she considers family. Wanting her to make decisions based on merit is unrealistic. She may be a nice person and even care deeply about the Lakers (many accounts suggest those things are true). But she brings people onboard in her own image, because they’re known, not because they’re knowledgeable.

Except she won a ring 2 seasons ago because of the people she surrounded herself with.




How many other owners who has won a Championship in previous 2 years has been mocked, belittled and called an idiot as much as Jeanie Buss? None.

It's obvious it's because she's a woman and those attacking her are a bunch of sexists.

I don't know if its about being a woman but the narratives are silly:
1) She's cheap- Yet has the 4th highest payroll in the league
2) She doesn't pay FO - Rob makes 5per which is a lot, also I have to believe if you start to scrub other franchises you too will find legacy people in high positions.
3) Doesnt know good coaches - except her list was Monte, Lue, Vogel. Pretty good list, we ended up with a winner.
4) bullied by players - most franchises elite or otherwise in most leagues listen to input from their star, in this case both of our stars.
5) Seems to let basketball people do their jobs
6) Takes risks. - Allowed her people to swing for the fences. They struck out, but I certainly appreciate the approach.


sure Lakers have one of the highest payroll in the league. but has she really gone all in to make that high payroll fulfill its full potential? a good comparison is a guy who has some money and went and bought a fancy car he always wanted, but since that's already pushing his limit, he skipped out on the extended warranty and takes his car to jiffy lube for oil changes. how long that expensive car is going to perform and last? this is similar with Lakers right now, sure she paid LeBron, AD and Russ, but what about rest of the team, what about a top notch world class medical/training staff?

so this is because of AC? How many games has he played? Show me another team with 3 stars as the caliber as ours (forget production, just sticker price) .

None. we could look at nets but like us they suck, the only difference is when healthy KD>bron.

We suck but it has everything to do with pieces vs. not paying. Thats not on her.


As usual you are wrong, she runs the organization so everything is on her. She could seek experienced help but she hasn’t. That is 100% on her., if she wants to run things then she accepts the results.
_________________
RIP mom. 11-21-1933 to 6-14-2023.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 9437

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:57 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
acer77 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Vas!

Jeanie inherited her role and control of the team. She surrounds herself in the front office with people she considers family. Wanting her to make decisions based on merit is unrealistic. She may be a nice person and even care deeply about the Lakers (many accounts suggest those things are true). But she brings people onboard in her own image, because they’re known, not because they’re knowledgeable.

Except she won a ring 2 seasons ago because of the people she surrounded herself with.




How many other owners who has won a Championship in previous 2 years has been mocked, belittled and called an idiot as much as Jeanie Buss? None.

It's obvious it's because she's a woman and those attacking her are a bunch of sexists.

I don't know if its about being a woman but the narratives are silly:
1) She's cheap- Yet has the 4th highest payroll in the league
2) She doesn't pay FO - Rob makes 5per which is a lot, also I have to believe if you start to scrub other franchises you too will find legacy people in high positions.
3) Doesnt know good coaches - except her list was Monte, Lue, Vogel. Pretty good list, we ended up with a winner.
4) bullied by players - most franchises elite or otherwise in most leagues listen to input from their star, in this case both of our stars.
5) Seems to let basketball people do their jobs
6) Takes risks. - Allowed her people to swing for the fences. They struck out, but I certainly appreciate the approach.


sure Lakers have one of the highest payroll in the league. but has she really gone all in to make that high payroll fulfill its full potential? a good comparison is a guy who has some money and went and bought a fancy car he always wanted, but since that's already pushing his limit, he skipped out on the extended warranty and takes his car to jiffy lube for oil changes. how long that expensive car is going to perform and last? this is similar with Lakers right now, sure she paid LeBron, AD and Russ, but what about rest of the team, what about a top notch world class medical/training staff?

so this is because of AC? How many games has he played? Show me another team with 3 stars as the caliber as ours (forget production, just sticker price) .

None. we could look at nets but like us they suck, the only difference is when healthy KD>bron.

We suck but it has everything to do with pieces vs. not paying. Thats not on her.


Not only AC, yearly turnovers of guys making minimums. Continuity and team chemistry be damned because they will make her pay luxury tax. Also our training medical staff has been trash for a long time. Injuries always become mysterious when laker medical staff is involved. Then the nickel and diving that cost us Ty Lue.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17972

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:24 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
acer77 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Vas!

Jeanie inherited her role and control of the team. She surrounds herself in the front office with people she considers family. Wanting her to make decisions based on merit is unrealistic. She may be a nice person and even care deeply about the Lakers (many accounts suggest those things are true). But she brings people onboard in her own image, because they’re known, not because they’re knowledgeable.

Except she won a ring 2 seasons ago because of the people she surrounded herself with.




How many other owners who has won a Championship in previous 2 years has been mocked, belittled and called an idiot as much as Jeanie Buss? None.

It's obvious it's because she's a woman and those attacking her are a bunch of sexists.

I don't know if its about being a woman but the narratives are silly:
1) She's cheap- Yet has the 4th highest payroll in the league
2) She doesn't pay FO - Rob makes 5per which is a lot, also I have to believe if you start to scrub other franchises you too will find legacy people in high positions.
3) Doesnt know good coaches - except her list was Monte, Lue, Vogel. Pretty good list, we ended up with a winner.
4) bullied by players - most franchises elite or otherwise in most leagues listen to input from their star, in this case both of our stars.
5) Seems to let basketball people do their jobs
6) Takes risks. - Allowed her people to swing for the fences. They struck out, but I certainly appreciate the approach.


sure Lakers have one of the highest payroll in the league. but has she really gone all in to make that high payroll fulfill its full potential? a good comparison is a guy who has some money and went and bought a fancy car he always wanted, but since that's already pushing his limit, he skipped out on the extended warranty and takes his car to jiffy lube for oil changes. how long that expensive car is going to perform and last? this is similar with Lakers right now, sure she paid LeBron, AD and Russ, but what about rest of the team, what about a top notch world class medical/training staff?

so this is because of AC? How many games has he played? Show me another team with 3 stars as the caliber as ours (forget production, just sticker price) .

None. we could look at nets but like us they suck, the only difference is when healthy KD>bron.

We suck but it has everything to do with pieces vs. not paying. Thats not on her.


As usual you are wrong, she runs the organization so everything is on her. She could seek experienced help but she hasn’t. That is 100% on her., if she wants to run things then she accepts the results.

isn't PJ experienced? Rambis? We either believe the reports or we don't.

Her results are a ring in the last two years and an attempt at a grand slam and failed.

Next time up to the plate it is crystal clear what this team needs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17972

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:32 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
acer77 wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Vas!

Jeanie inherited her role and control of the team. She surrounds herself in the front office with people she considers family. Wanting her to make decisions based on merit is unrealistic. She may be a nice person and even care deeply about the Lakers (many accounts suggest those things are true). But she brings people onboard in her own image, because they’re known, not because they’re knowledgeable.

Except she won a ring 2 seasons ago because of the people she surrounded herself with.




How many other owners who has won a Championship in previous 2 years has been mocked, belittled and called an idiot as much as Jeanie Buss? None.

It's obvious it's because she's a woman and those attacking her are a bunch of sexists.

I don't know if its about being a woman but the narratives are silly:
1) She's cheap- Yet has the 4th highest payroll in the league
2) She doesn't pay FO - Rob makes 5per which is a lot, also I have to believe if you start to scrub other franchises you too will find legacy people in high positions.
3) Doesnt know good coaches - except her list was Monte, Lue, Vogel. Pretty good list, we ended up with a winner.
4) bullied by players - most franchises elite or otherwise in most leagues listen to input from their star, in this case both of our stars.
5) Seems to let basketball people do their jobs
6) Takes risks. - Allowed her people to swing for the fences. They struck out, but I certainly appreciate the approach.


sure Lakers have one of the highest payroll in the league. but has she really gone all in to make that high payroll fulfill its full potential? a good comparison is a guy who has some money and went and bought a fancy car he always wanted, but since that's already pushing his limit, he skipped out on the extended warranty and takes his car to jiffy lube for oil changes. how long that expensive car is going to perform and last? this is similar with Lakers right now, sure she paid LeBron, AD and Russ, but what about rest of the team, what about a top notch world class medical/training staff?

so this is because of AC? How many games has he played? Show me another team with 3 stars as the caliber as ours (forget production, just sticker price) .

None. we could look at nets but like us they suck, the only difference is when healthy KD>bron.

We suck but it has everything to do with pieces vs. not paying. Thats not on her.


Not only AC, yearly turnovers of guys making minimums. Continuity and team chemistry be damned because they will make her pay luxury tax. Also our training medical staff has been trash for a long time. Injuries always become mysterious when laker medical staff is involved. Then the nickel and diving that cost us Ty Lue.

right but on paper last year we were better. Most cried about DH not coming back but he didn't get off the bench for the 76ers in post season and its clear he has 6 minutes of solid play a game in him.

Russ was a miss, and AD has proved he cant carry us for any amount of games and he's brittle.

We can go up and down of other teams medical staffs. The reality is players control that and whose opinion they take.

Was it GSW who threw KD out there too early? Did KL not bending to SAS medical staff make them at fault? Butler missed more time than initially anticipated in Miami. All 3 elite orgs.

We are old and where we arent old we are brittle.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 144843
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:34 am    Post subject:

Phil was a disaster in NY, as was Rambis. Sure she is taking advice from people, just not people who have proven they can have success running a team. Magic is another example. Winning the bubble title means nothing to me, that was the most abnormal and bastardized season the NBA will ever see. Same with the Stanley Cup that year. They were playing during football season. And even if you count that there were multiple lottery seasons under her watch before and likely more to come.
_________________
RIP mom. 11-21-1933 to 6-14-2023.


Last edited by venturalakersfan on Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 22505
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:35 am    Post subject:

If she deserves credit for the championship, she deserves blame for this (bleep) season and terrible roster decisions.
Simple as that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17972

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:42 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
If she deserves credit for the championship, she deserves blame for this (bleep) season and terrible roster decisions.
Simple as that.

Thats fair.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17972

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:49 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Phil was a disaster in NY, as was Rambis. Sure she is taking advice from people, just not people who have proven they can have success running a team. Magic is another example. Winning the bubble title means nothing to me, that was the most abnormal and bastardized season the NBA will ever see. Same with the Stanley Cup that year. They were playing during football season. And even if you count that there were multiple lottery seasons under her watch before and likely more to come.

we don't know what the conversations are. it seems from the Rambo side it is to bench Russ, but its pretty clear the issues we have and probably best to not read too much into whats written.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 9437

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:51 am    Post subject:

it's as clear as sky now, why are we even debating this. Jeannie Buss and Phil jackson will use Klutch and Vogel as scapgoat this off season, not saying they don't deserve it, but they're not the only reason Lakers are in current shape. after that she will sell fans the Laker family values by hire back phil jackson (VP of bball operation), Rambis (head coach). i believe she will stay with Pelinka as GM because 1. he just carries out whatever order she and Phil give him, and 2. Pelinka can be the 2nd scapgoat in a couple years to buy the new regime more time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 17972

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2022 10:59 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
it's as clear as sky now, why are we even debating this. Jeannie Buss and Phil jackson will use Klutch and Vogel as scapgoat this off season, not saying they don't deserve it, but they're not the only reason Lakers are in current shape. after that she will sell fans the Laker family values by hire back phil jackson (VP of bball operation), Rambis (head coach). i believe she will stay with Pelinka as GM because 1. he just carries out whatever order she and Phil give him, and 2. Pelinka can be the 2nd scapgoat in a couple years to buy the new regime more time.

shes not selling fans anything. They tried to put it all in the basket of 3 guys. Its failed.

They go into summer with direction. No one here knows what Linda does outside of her title. No one knows kurts angle ( you see what I did there). He supposedly was the guy who said do whatever you need to with russ. That's good right?

This whole family business deal has developed a pretty strong draft/player dev department.

I get it. The whines are loud because we stink, but lets not act like any of us know whats really going on other than the 3 star attempt sucked.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB