*** Los Angeles Lakers vs Denver Nuggets (04/03/22 @ 12:30PM PT) Gm#78 ***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:18 pm    Post subject:

I mean LeBron has been on numerous championship teams and been to the finals like 10 times. He been knew this team wasn’t good enough. He checked out in February and definitely wasn’t going to risk injury again
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Tweet from an NBA player next season: “Why is Melo not in the NBA?!”

Twitter: Because he’s a (bleep) defender and chucker that plays losing basketball.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
I mean LeBron has been on numerous championship teams and been to the finals like 10 times. He been knew this team wasn’t good enough. He checked out in February and definitely wasn’t going to risk injury again

It would have been nice of him to know when he was pounding his chest in the offseason about his scouting and GM skills.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:21 pm    Post subject:

I can’t even imagine how this team will look next season. Westbrook’s late season play is probably not enough to keep him from being traded
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Oh well. At least it was entertaining. Hope for the rest to be like this. Nuggets clearly superior but AD had some force which was nice to see.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

It would have been nice of him to know when he was pounding his chest in the offseason about his scouting and GM skills.

Sure, but I’ll say, the Westbrook we’ve seen the last month is the Westbrook we needed all season. Too little, too late
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
Oh well. At least it was entertaining. Hope for the rest to be like this. Nuggets clearly superior but AD had some force which was nice to see.

Lakers would do well to listen to trades for Davis. He looked like he was an injury away from missing another 20 games if we had that many left
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:24 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

Sure, but I’ll say, the Westbrook we’ve seen the last month is the Westbrook we needed all season. Too little, too late

Russ is the same exact player he’s always been. There is a graphic of his play by calendar month that is pretty consistent year in and year out.
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

Russ is the same exact player he’s always been. There is a graphic of his play by calendar month that is pretty consistent year in and year out.

I’d like to see it in comparison to past months. Eye test says his efficiency is better and he’s finishing around the rim better over the last month or three weeks.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:30 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

Russ can't be the 3rd option on a team... He's more effective being 1st or 2nd. But that's not winning basketball.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:35 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
I feel like an idiot. This team has checked out since the trade deadline. Especially LeBron. They never intended on extending the season, from management on down to the players. We’ve been watching hoping that the season could be saved but the players and coaches have been thinking about Cancun all this time. Melo smiling throughout. LeBron making April Fools jokes. Like c’mon

That April fools joke was disgusting. I was really hoping that was photoshopped.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:36 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Even though NO owns all of our picks (likely lottery) for the foreseeable future, I somehow think they'll find a way to f it up.

They have already surpassed the Lakers, if they can turn Zion and picks into another solid starter they will be taking that next step forward.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:37 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

This season is a bust but I'm gonna be honest. I, many basketball experts, and some of you here (though I don't think they'll admit it) thought this Lakers team would be in the finals. It didn't pan out. This year's team was a championship or bust. It's a bust. I hope the FO has a contingency in place.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Sun Apr 03, 2022 3:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:40 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
I can’t even imagine how this team will look next season. Westbrook’s late season play is probably not enough to keep him from being traded

His contract will keep him from being traded
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:41 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
Halflife wrote:

Lakers would do well to listen to trades for Davis. He looked like he was an injury away from missing another 20 games if we had that many left

I am aware, but hypothetically if you get a guy like Patrick Williams who imo could be next level defender next to him, that would help. I never blame loss on a guy but monk was messy.

However At this point I just want to be entertained and the ball didn’t stick as much without bron. Fun game
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Great game by the Joker once he got those early TOs out of the way
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 4:31 pm    Post subject:

ZeroDark30_ wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
ZeroDark30_ wrote:

A little showcasing for Russ's small trade market. We could basically sit
AD & LJ for the remainder of the season, no need to risk further
injury.
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 5:07 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Tweet from LeBron next season: “Why is Melo not in the NBA?!”

Twitter: Because he’s a (bleep) defender and chucker that plays losing basketball.

Fixed

"Through the legs to the left, through the legs to the right, we don't run them Laker plays, we just Kobe fadeaway..."
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 10:25 am    Post subject:

Melo was never a great defender, but I can assure you he should never guard centers. He should have been playing 15-20mpg tops and never any back to backs. He was overplayed because there really weren't much else on the roster. Lots of players in the NBA cannot guard. Steve Nash won two MVPs while never playing a lick of defense.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:17 pm    Post subject:

At this point, I will be shocked if they win another game this season
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 7:34 am    Post subject:

NEXT GAME:
    Los Angeles Lakers vs Phoenix Suns
    Foot Print Center, PHX, AZ | Tuesday, Apr. 05, 2022 • 7:30 PM PT

https://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?t=192569
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:15 pm    Post subject:

AJ wrote:
At this point, I will be shocked if they win another game this season

Maybe we can beat the Warriors if they rest their starters. But OKC? They're unbeatable.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16
Jump to: