Johnny Depp vs Amber Heard - Live YouTube Trial
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:11 am    Post subject:

Nervous time
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:14 am    Post subject:

Perhaps the most likely verdict now is a win for Depp but in a small amount, maybe even $1. I mean, if you're awarding significant damages, how do you forget to write in the amount?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:21 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
I have low key followed this. I don't know all the details and usually it's both sides fault. But I can say, that it has happened to myself personally where an ex wife completely made up/fabricated abuse, etc after an initial amicable separation, when lawyers/child custody/money was involved. 6 years later, I'm still going through it, and my lawyer fees are in 150K range over these years.

Anyway point is, if Johnny was in my boat, IE Amber made up a lot of stuff, and usually began fights by hitting him (which happened to me) and his worse fault was saying mean things to her in the marriage, I don't see why Depp should have lost all that movie income/jobs and I hope he does get some reward here.

But I don't know if that's the case with Depp/Heard, but it certainly was in mine and that side of me hopes Depp wins big.

Heard and/or her team also apparently went for a sexual battery claim recently to bolster the supposed domestic abuse. Said he tried to raype her w/ a bottle. Another thing that seems reminiscent of past cases of this sort all the way back to Fatty Arbuckle. I saw a clip of Amber vs Rhianna and it is pretty apparent that Amber stole the black eyes story from Rhianna re: Chris Brown. IE his eyes were black, I couldn't see Johnny, his eyes were black/vacant. Other tidbits like I didn't know the carpet was this filthy til I was slapped onto it and punching the wall by her head were things in a plot of a current Netflix show, apparently. I think she and her team must've studied up on how to sound more believable, but when it came to the carpet details and the others like her sitting in her car watching her breath steam the window, she flubbed the delivery. Sounded like she was forgetting a script in her mind instead of recounting something visceral that actually occurred.

That sucks to be accused, sorry that happened to you, but I don't want her to win because it's loathsome to think of a probable narcissist who gaslights and commits fraud (a la DT) to finagle her way into a role as a voice for women who were unquestionable victims of DA/sex assault, etc. That's utterly offensive to me and I'm a guy. However, it's more of an anti-narcissist thing. To me, that would be such a cynical game for her to win and the final goal for her: more notoriety, perhaps better movie ventures. Wouldn't be too far from the misguided plan of Jussie Smollet.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject:

$15MM! Holy crap!
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:25 am    Post subject:

YES!!!!!!!!!!

JusticeForJohnny!!!!!!!!!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:27 am    Post subject:

Now they seem to be finding for her as well!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:28 am    Post subject:

They found $2MM in damages for Heard. Seems rather odd lol.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:35 am    Post subject:

So as the judge explained, the $5MM part of Depp's award can legally only be $350K, so he was basically awarded $10,350,000, with Heard being awarded $2MM. Coincidentally, that was the same amount of Heard's Aquaman 2 pay.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 11:43 am    Post subject:

Johnny Depp v Amber Heard trial updates live: BREAKING NEWS today, deliberations, jury verdict...

LINK LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

Johnny awarded all 3/3 against Amber Heard for $15m.

Heard awarded 1/3 counter-suit against Waldman for $2m.

Amber Turd deserves 💩
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Johnny awarded all 3/3 against Amber Heard for $15m.

Heard awarded 1/3 counter-suit against Waldman for $2m.

Amber Turd deserves 💩

Yeah, and under VA law, the $5MM that was awarded to Depp can only be $350K. Regardless, just seems weird that the jury essentially said "OK Mr. Depp, we are awarding you all your claims and believe you that Ms. Heard defamed you, but at the same time, we're going to award Ms. Heard a claim because we believe you defamed her (through your attorney) by saying she defamed you, which we agreed with."
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Any movie studio should sign him to a multi movie deal asap. Q rating probably through the roof right now. Johnny posted a message on Instagram an hour ago and it already has half a million likes. Everyone I know on social media is cheering the dude on. People will rally to his movies.

Last edited by jonnybravo on Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Good. Now this whole ridiculous and disgusting mess can hopefully disappear from the news cycle and conversation.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:26 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
Any movie studio should sign him to a multi movie deal asap. Q rating probably through the roof right now. Johnny posted a message on Instagram an hour ago and it already has half a million likes. Everyone I know on social media is cheering the dude on. People will rally to his movies.

Warner Bros messed up big time.

They fired Depp but decided to keep Heard, what a huge misfire! 💩
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

It's still possible that they cut her scenes entirely from Aquaman 2. While she got her pay for the film because they exercised her option, they in no way have to show her on screen. In fact, they could even re-cast the role and re-shoot scenes of Mera with another actress portraying her, if they so choose.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:02 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

It's still possible that they cut her scenes entirely from Aquaman 2. While she got her pay for the film because they exercised her option, they in no way have to show her on screen. In fact, they could even re-cast the role and re-shoot scenes of Mera with another actress portraying her, if they so choose.

I think she won't get any screen time. She's radioactive at this point. I think they'll recast/reshoot. Just last year, the Netflix movie Army of the Dead had a cast member (Chris D'elia) replaced by another actor. Those scenes were a bit awkward but watchable. Ain't no one lining up at the theaters because of Amber Heard.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Amber’s probably face timing Elon Musk right now.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 7:43 am    Post subject:

Doesn’t look like this Amber will end this. Elaine went from being a lawyer to now being Turd’s personal publicist 😂
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2022 9:25 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Doesn’t look like this Amber will end this. Elaine went from being a lawyer to now being (AH's) personal publicist

I don't know how money would line up for an appeal w/ perhaps a higher quality legal team. I would suspect it lip service as of now. I guess if there's a hope of one in the future, you gotta keep some of the narrative going.

This case unloaded a lot of internet sewage even if it was Amber's fault. She should've consulted w/ attorneys before doing that op-ed in the TWP, which isn't a snotrag like The NY Post. That's predominantly because she knowingly signed a confidentiality contract against talking about their marriage crap. At some point, an adult has to be responsible for their own decisions. The WP has enough cred to shape readers' opinions. The web was mean as usual. That's the internet for ya. Internet does what internet does and no amount of complaining about it will ever stop that. But the first articles and opinion pieces on how this will silence women who are abused are part of that sewage, that is unless they actually show that the author watched the trial and weighed the evidence. However, after the initial push of MeToo to believe women even to the extent that formerly respected men like Charlie Rose and Matt Lauer got ousted, the women who remember that don't want to lose some of that ground. I do find that understandable because powerful men have a lot of resources and enjoyed the brunt of the legal system for a long, long time prior to MeToo. But this was such an ickly little case (and an uncommon one featuring defamation and a world-known celeb) that it's not going to have a chilling effect on all the cases involving Average Joe and Average Jane. I think that's a dubious claim. Onlookers, both men and women are capable of discerning who they believe and don't believe. Doesn't have to be anything more than that.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:54 am    Post subject:

The LA Times wrote an article trying to defend Heard but used spoof video meme of Jason Momoa testifying as the author’s source.

Read the comments on their feed:

https://twitter.com/dj_batman13/status/1532786119439691776?s=21

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1532174682320842752?s=21

Wow!

Journalists who don’t even watch the trial giving their opinion piece in this day and age. 💩
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Is this video foreshadowing, Nash Vegas?
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
The LA Times wrote an article trying to defend Heard but used spoof video meme of Jason Momoa testifying as the author’s source.

Read the comments on their feed:

https://twitter.com/dj_batman13/status/1532786119439691776?s=21

https://twitter.com/latimes/status/1532174682320842752?s=21

Wow!

Journalists who don’t even watch the trial giving their opinion piece in this day and age. 💩

Reminds me of a CNN reporter at a LGBTQ pride parade and she saw what appeared to be an ISIS flag, but the characters on the flag were all images of sex toys like plugs and beads and phallics, etc. She was totally confused as to why an ISIS flag was there and pondered if ISIS was somehow involved. Made her look like a total idiot until they found out what was on the flag. CNN made ISIL's appearance a thing in their broadcast on the day of and when someone told em they were buttplugs and penises they completely dumped the story and never referred to it again for obvious reasons. D'OH!!1

That shows how quick they were to pounce on that as a thing before taking a breath or two and turning on the logical parts of their brains, and then get closer to it in order to verify.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:44 pm    Post subject:

As I see the Depp Heard trial:

Let’s begin with what should not be controversial: Johnny Depp and Amber Heard frequently argued—multiple times a week as it became. These arguments would often easily escalate to verbal/psychological/emotional abuse by one, or the other, or more often than not, by both. Less frequently but far too often, these would lead to physical abuse by one, or the other, or by both. Later in the relationship, JH would walk away when he feared the arguments were escalating.

Both had emotional problems: Amber has ADHD, and presented symptoms of Borderline and Histrionic Personality Disorders (and based on my personal observations of her testimony, rebuttal testimony, and her Dateline interview, is a strong candidate for Narcissistic Personality Disorder). Johnny had a primary dopamine imbalance, ADHD, Bipolar One depression, insomnia, and had Chronic Substance Abuse Disorder. They both were abused by one of their parents.

The battle began as Amber made several mistakes in her approach to respond to Johnny’s decision to end their marriage, or as some would say, initiated calculated strategies, all with the apparent design to boost her image and career, and if not designed to harm Johnny, at least without regard to how it may harm him.

First, Amber, through her attorney, set up and appeared at the LA courthouse, with an apparent bruise on her face, to obtain an ex parte (only Amber’s attorney was present) TDO (temporary restraining order). This was totally unnecessary for the alleged purpose, protecting Amber, as JD was out of the country and would be for months. It appeared to only be necessary to leverage the divorce. The action harmed JD and started the whole mess, as the divorce and op-ed stemmed from this.

Second, Amber chose to appear for Rupert Murdoch’s Sun tabloid as a witness. As an American, although she did not have to appear, she did. This action also harmed JD.

Third was Amber’s op-ed. This clearly harmed Johnny as the jury unanimously found to his favor.

Fourth and beyond was her inability to be honest. This might mean embellishing or exaggerating or minimizing, or it might mean having an answer for everything, however implausible as it might be--like a child who had time to think of an alternate explanation for the broken whatever. Also, she might be feigning or acting, or she might simply outright lie. The jury was asked to believe her and her few friends (actually ex-friends), who did not appear in court, or to believe everyone else, the multitudes of opposing witnesses, including the police.

With this, the jury made their decision in what appears to be a fair and reasonable finding, though not exactly what I would have argued had I been among them. Some may then ask, how can it be true that I say the finding was reasonable and at the same time consider Johnny to be an abuser? For the answer, we must look at Amber’s op-ed. When she said, “Then two years ago, I became a public figure representing domestic abuse,” she was misleading: She did not tell “the whole truth”. She was clearly alluding to the fact that she was a victim, and only a victim, of domestic abuse, and not an equal partner, an actual perpetrator of domestic abuse herself, giving as good as she got. By this omission, she made herself look good while at the same time she made Johnny look bad. Had the roles been completely reversed, and Johnny had written the exact same op-ed, that would also be defaming.

As for her sexual violence claims, especially the rape claim that was not mentioned until long after the divorce, this and other claims kept expanding in number and degree over the months and years. For this injury, along with other extensive claimed injuries from this event as Amber claimed in court, there is not a stitch of supportive evidence, even though a doctor and a nurse were present in the immediate aftermath the following morning. They were not asked to examine Amber even though she claims she had vaginal bleeding, and they saw no evidence of the multitude of claimed injuries, except for two parallel straight cuts on the inside of her left arm that one person present thought were self-inflicted. As such, her claims of sexual violence were not supported and another reason for finding defamation.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:39 pm    Post subject:

^^^

One of the many troubling observations I have from watching this whole thing play out in the public forum is that when Depp utilized his legal recourses, it was viewed as reasonable and wise legal action, with little acknowledgment of Depp's obviously contributing role in escalating the disfunction. But when Heard did it, it was viewed as nefarious manipulation by a crazy woman. There's no doubt that old school misogyny and fan worship played a huge role in how this trial was viewed in the public forum, and it bled over to the trial itself.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:03 pm    Post subject:

^
She dug her own grave in this case. She was a breathtakingly bad witness. She lost because the evidence didn't seem to support the lies that she was telling on the stand, not because of misogyny. I can't speak to why people on social media clearly rallied to him in the way that they did, but with as much support for #MeToo on social media as there is, don't you think it's a little bit strange that the sentiment on social media was overwhelmingly, overwhelmingly in favor of Depp, particularly when Depp was seen by the public as persona non grata in the immediate aftermath of what Heard said happened? As for the trial itself, a female judge was presiding, and both sides had a female as the co-leading attorney. She had every opportunity to get up there and tell her story.

This case was about someone who was caught in lie after lie on the stand, and I say this while acknowledging that Depp is no saint. Elaine's media tour after the loss was pathetic, too.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: