Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 132, 133, 134 ... 283, 284, 285  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:03 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
https://twitter.com/GuruLakers/status/1638319810865172480

That's his favorite player on the team for sure. lol

We already knew. Ham loves playing “his boys” of Dennis Schroder, Westbrick before, Troy Brown, and now Beasley.

Like Byron Scott before him, he has a “man he wants with him in a foxhole”. The good old days when he loved playing Ronnie Price over Jordan Clarkson.

No doubt, I remember seeing a video on instagram where he was high fiving all the guys after a win in the locker room. But with DS he gave a high five and also a slap on the stomach unlike the other guys.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:36 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Lakersfan1211 wrote:
https://twitter.com/GuruLakers/status/1638319810865172480

That's his favorite player on the team for sure. lol

We already knew. Ham loves playing “his boys” of Dennis Schroder, Westbrick before, Troy Brown, and now Beasley.

Like Byron Scott before him, he has a “man he wants with him in a foxhole”. The good old days when he loved playing Ronnie Price over Jordan Clarkson.

No doubt, I remember seeing a video on instagram where he was high fiving all the guys after a win in the locker room. But with DS he gave a high five and also a slap on the stomach unlike the other guys.

At least Byron Scott was a Lakers legend. Ham was a scrub.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:47 am    Post subject:

Serious question. Should coaches be changing their lineups every game based on how a player played the last game? The last 5 games? The last 10?

How do you handle slumps while having consistency in your lineups?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:00 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Serious question. Should coaches be changing their lineups every game based on how a player played the last game? The last 5 games? The last 10?

It should affect playing time more than the lineup, per se. If you change a player's role (starter to bench or vice versa), it has collateral effects on everyone else. That's a decision that shouldn't be based on a short-term slump.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:27 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

You go with logic. Here’s a little example:

“Hmm, should I start a player who plays efficient offense and plays great defense as a guard, on a team that desperately needs perimeter defense help? Or should I start a chucking 3 point shooter who only stands waiting for the ball on offense to chuck one, while giving you nothing on the defensive end? Yeah maybe I should go with the former, and see if the chucker can play better against 2nd units”.

You don’t have to keep changing lineups as long as you use your head the first time. Which in Ham’s case, has been…well never. And that’s why we keep having a bunch of lineup changes because Ham is not logical, nor has he ever been with rotations.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:29 pm    Post subject:

Quote:

Mike Trudell
@LakersReporter

Darvin Ham hinted at a change to the starting lineup today. He’ll wait until mandatory time (30 minutes prior to tip, 6:30 tonight) to give the info out.

AR for Beas?
Or Rui for Vando?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
epic_ wrote:

You go with logic. Here’s a little example:

“Hmm, should I start a player who plays efficient offense and plays great defense as a guard, on a team that desperately needs perimeter defense help? Or should I start a chucking 3 point shooter who only stands waiting for the ball on offense to chuck one, while giving you nothing on the defensive end? Yeah maybe I should go with the former, and see if the chucker can play better against 2nd units”.

You don’t have to keep changing lineups as long as you use your head the first time. Which in Ham’s case, has been…well never. And that’s why we keep having a bunch of lineup changes because Ham is not logical, nor has he ever been with rotations.

Can't argue that
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:33 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:

Mike Trudell
@LakersReporter

Darvin Ham hinted at a change to the starting lineup today. He’ll wait until mandatory time (30 minutes prior to tip, 6:30 tonight) to give the info out.

AR for Beas?
Or Rui for Vando?

Rui for TBJ?
giordan0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:46 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:

Rui for TBJ?

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Someone had a good idea on a recent podcast. One of the Kam Bros I believe. Start Rui at forward for offense, move TBJ to the 2, and send Beas to the bench.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
D’Angelo Russell
Austin Reaves
Troy Brown Jr.
Jarred Vanderbilt
Anthony Davis

It's AR for Beas after all.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Lakersfan1211
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Darvin Ham to start the press conference: “You like that trick up my sleeve, Jovan?”
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Good line up change Ham. Salute 🫡
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Ham EVENTUALLY figures stuff out but it seems like it takes him forever to get there
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:16 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
D’Angelo Russell
Austin Reaves
Troy Brown Jr.
Jarred Vanderbilt
Anthony Davis

It's AR for Beas after all.

This is the way.

Though I doubt Ham will consistently have this best lineup next game.

And when Lebron is back.
maybe have Reaves come off the bench as sixth man.

As Beasley shooting might be ideal next to Lebron.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:18 pm    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
Ham EVENTUALLY figures stuff out but it seems like it takes him forever to get there

I question if it’s Ham “figuring it out”, or if it’s someone upstairs finally knocking some sense into his dumb ass.

Pelinka: “if I see your sorry ass not starting Reaves again, I’m calling and tempering getting Mike Malone here next off-season”.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:20 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

It only took him till 10 games left in the season to make the most obvious change of the season. So sure, “good job” there potato head. Well done!
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

It only took him till 10 games left in the season to make the most obvious change of the season. So sure, “good job” their potato head. Well done!

Ham supporter would tell you that we need to give him a break.
It is not his fault that he was given the worst lineup in the league before trade deadline.

It is not his fault that he can’t realize Reaves is the best option he got at SG, even though he has been playing for us the whole season.

It is not his fault that Lebron is injured, (actually it is )

It is not his fault that he is in love with Schroder.
Leave meathead alone!!!!

But seriously I doubt this is his decision.

It seems like more from other influence.

Just like that time where he actually had a good starting lineup, when he was gonna start Schroder, someone must be calling this dumb meathead
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Megaton wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

It only took him till 10 games left in the season to make the most obvious change of the season. So sure, “good job” their potato head. Well done!

It is not his fault that he was given the worst lineup in the league before trade deadline.

It is not his fault that he can’t realize Reaves is the best option he got at SG, even though he has been playing for us the whole season.

Leave meathead alone!!!!

Just like that time where he actually had a good starting lineup, when he was gonna start Schroder, someone must be calling this dumb meathead

What I would give, just to have a good coach again where I don’t have to worry about horrible rotations anymore since even Mike Dantoni.

People here ragged on Dantoni, but he was imo, the best coach we have had since Phil Jackson. He legit did the best he could with the roster handed to him, and always made players (especially point guards) better.

I mean come on, he made Kendall Marshall look like the next savior for a hot minute. That’s better than anything Ham could ever do.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:08 pm    Post subject:

The only thing I hate is that he effectively made Rui useless tonight. He was playing really well too. Gotta to find some minutes for Rui.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:10 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
The only thing I hate is that he effectively made Rui useless tonight. He was playing really well too. Gotta to find some minutes for Rui.

It’s frustrating because nothing is set for him other than the team seems to force him behind the 3 point line all the time.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:13 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Megaton wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Leave meathead alone!!!!

What I would give, just to have a good coach again where I don’t have to worry about horrible rotations anymore since even Mike Dantoni.

People here ragged on Dantoni, but he was imo, the best coach we have had since Phil Jackson. He legit did the best he could with the roster handed to him, and always made players (especially point guards) better.

I mean come on, he made Kendall Marshall look like the next savior for a hot minute. That’s better than anything Ham could ever do.

What I would give just for an average NBA coach who make reasonable decision.

Ham is so bad on some nights that he is creating barrier for us to win.

Dantoni with Vogel is a sick pairing.

But you need to pair Dantoni with a defensively assistant coach, since the dude best defensive scheme is to shoot the ball faster on offense so the other team is tired.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Megaton wrote:
Nonamehero wrote:
Megaton wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Leave meathead alone!!!!

What I would give just for an average NBA coach who make reasonable decision.

Ham is so bad on some nights that he is creating barrier for us to win.

Dantoni with Vogel is a sick pairing.

But you need to pair Dantoni with a defensively assistant coach, since the dude best defensive scheme is to shoot the ball faster on offense so the other team is tired.

I agree, but that Suns Dantoni team is actually pretty underrated defensively no lie. Shawn Marion, Raja Bell, Tim and Kurt Thomas, Leonardo Barbosa, Boris Diaw.

That’s a strong defensive core of players there. Obviously it took that amount to make up for Nash and Amare doing none of it, but still, shockingly lot of good defensive talent on that squad many years ago.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:35 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

I agree, but that Suns Dantoni team is actually pretty underrated defensively no lie. Shawn Marion, Raja Bell, Tim and Kurt Thomas, Leonardo Barbosa, Boris Diaw.

That’s a strong defensive core of players there. Obviously it took that amount to make up for Nash and Amare doing none of it, but still, shockingly lot of good defensive talent on that squad many years ago.

I just checked, the '06-07 Suns were the 13th ranked defense. Not great but not bad. People thought they were worse because their pace was so high they were giving up a lot of PPG. In 2023 people know to normalize for pace/possessions but back then no one did.

Though, that 2010 Suns team that made the WCF and got destroyed by Kobe was indeed terrible defensively (23rd in the league)
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:40 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
Megaton wrote:

I just checked, the '06-07 Suns were the 13th ranked defense. Not great but not bad. People thought they were worse because their pace was so high they were giving up a lot of PPG. In 2023 people know to normalize for pace/possessions but back then no one did.

Though, that 2010 Suns team that made the WCF and got destroyed by Kobe was indeed terrible defensively (23rd in the league)

Yeah but not worse in the league terrible. At least, not at all worthy of the constant “Antoni” nickname people would sometimes give him.

Now look up coaches like Luke Walton, Byron Scott, Don Nelson and I GUARANTEE you they were worse in that area then Dantoni.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 132, 133, 134 ... 283, 284, 285  Next
Page 133 of 285
Jump to: