Head Coach Mr. DARVIN HAM Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 290, 291, 292  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Surfitall wrote:
He got the starting lineup right! My hat is off to him for that.

A starting lineup that should have been after trade deadline?

There is no reward or credit for people being so slow to figure out something that literally any sane average joe Lakers fan figured out months ago.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:26 pm    Post subject:

I would consider starting Gabriel over Vanderbilt for the next game. Or we would have LeBron bathing either KAT or Gobert
Reds622
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Ham needs to figure out his rotations ASAP.

If they don’t come up with a consistent group then it’s all over.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Is he a chef with quality ingredients again? Lol
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Reds622 wrote:

It is not that he didnt have lineups and rotation that work before.

but he just wants to keep changing things over and over!

WTF

when something works perfect, he just goes away from it and try something new.

WTF??????

HAM, just do the simple things right, PLEASE!

Keep the same starting lineup as today
Russell
Reaves
Vander
Lebron
AD

Stagger Lebron and Russell minutes (it aint HARD)
Always have Vander guard the opponent best PERIMETER player (PLEASE DONT HAVE HIM GUARD BIG BULKY POST PLAYERS)

NO MORE 3 Guard Lineups, we have enough size on the wing now especially with Lebron back.

Troy Browns Jr is your best bench role player (with size, shooting, defense)
Rui Hachimura can give you a few buckets from the bench just with his post up.
Beasley is cold right now, but give him more minute with Lebron and Russell, he can get hot and win you one game in the playoff.
Schroder is good off the bench with 20 mins. I dont recommend him finishing games though with Lebron and Russell in the lineup.

Rest of the players should not see meaningful minute in a tight game.

KEEP IT CONSISTENT!
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 2:54 am    Post subject:

He is just not a good coach. How many games did he cost us? Things are so tight that we would have been a playoff team (and maybe even had home court advantage in the opening round) if he had half a brain.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:08 am    Post subject:

The weird thing is Ham admits in his post game interview he needs to keep DLO LBJ or AR in at all times.

Like he knows what we are saying..but somehow doesn't always follow it?
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:44 am    Post subject:

this seems like COMMON SENSE!

dennis is okay a distributing, but not nearly as good as DLo, AR or Bron. and Dennis is short.

i think Ham is going to have to stagger AR's minutes with the bench. the bench is definitely weaker since he moved to the starting lineup. especially if beasley doesn't get his head out of his a$$ soon.

lar9149 wrote:
The weird thing is Ham admits in his post game interview he needs to keep DLO LBJ or AR in at all times.

Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:37 pm    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:

Yes I watched the post game interview.

He was saying some of the right things he should be doing which seems obvious to everyone.

But the dude seems like he has brain freeze during the game.

I watched an old replay where Westbrick had to call a critical timeout for him.

He was just standing there frozen
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Nonamehero wrote:
Reds622 wrote:

It is not that he didnt have lineups and rotation that work before.

but he just wants to keep changing things over and over!

WTF

when something works perfect, he just goes away from it and try something new.

WTF??????

HAM, just do the simple things right, PLEASE!

Keep the same starting lineup as today
Russell
Reaves
Vander
Lebron
AD

Stagger Lebron and Russell minutes (it aint HARD)
Always have Vander guard the opponent best PERIMETER player (PLEASE DONT HAVE HIM GUARD BIG BULKY POST PLAYERS)

NO MORE 3 Guard Lineups, we have enough size on the wing now especially with Lebron back.

Troy Browns Jr is your best bench role player (with size, shooting, defense)
Rui Hachimura can give you a few buckets from the bench just with his post up.
Beasley is cold right now, but give him more minute with Lebron and Russell, he can get hot and win you one game in the playoff.
Schroder is good off the bench with 20 mins. I dont recommend him finishing games though with Lebron and Russell in the lineup.

Rest of the players should not see meaningful minute in a tight game.

KEEP IT CONSISTENT!

Agreed. Will Ham do this? Lmao probably not.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:12 pm    Post subject:

It's always been clear and obvious that 1 of LeBron, AD, and DLo must be on the court at all times. It's quite shocking that they have found themselves on the bench all at the same time.

But what's also become quite clear is that if AD is the one of the three on the court, then Austin must accompany Dennis in the lineup. The Dennis/AD + Brown/Beasley/Rui just doesn't have enough dribbling, passing, and shot creation. It was a disaster of a showing. AD is incredible, but Dennis is ostensibly on an island trying to dribble, pass, and create...and Dennis isn't the best or most willing passer.

To sum it up: 1 of LeBron, AD, and DLo must be on the court at all times. LeBron and DLo can play alone with four bench players because of their elite passing and shot creation...but AD alone must be accompanied by the Dennis/Austin backcourt.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:15 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
It's always been clear and obvious that 1 of LeBron, AD, and DLo must be on the court at all times. It's quite shocking that they have found themselves on the bench all at the same time.

But what's also become quite clear is that if AD is the one of the three on the court, then Austin must accompany Dennis in the lineup. The Dennis/AD + Brown/Beasley/Rui just doesn't have enough dribbling, passing, and shot creation. It was a disaster of a showing. AD is incredible, but Dennis is ostensibly on an island trying to dribble, pass, and create...and Dennis isn't the best or most willing passer.

To sum it up: 1 of LeBron, AD, and DLo must be on the court at all times. LeBron and DLo can play alone with four bench players because of their elite passing and shot creation...but AD alone must be accompanied by the Dennis/Austin backcourt.

I have reservations about things I've see from Darvin. But he is in a bit of an impossible situation. We're almost in a training camp situation with the extreme roster turnover and injury absences since the deadline. I get the impression he's trying to "speed date" units by dispensing with things like shifting in players and adjusting to matchups, instead trying to give specific groups run together with line changes. That's perilous given our playoff standing, but also a nod to the fact that we have zero continuity.
ArminNBA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:25 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

I have reservations about things I've see from Darvin. But he is in a bit of an impossible situation. We're almost in a training camp situation with the extreme roster turnover and injury absences since the deadline. I get the impression he's trying to "speed date" units by dispensing with things like shifting in players and adjusting to matchups, instead trying to give specific groups run together with line changes. That's perilous given our playoff standing, but also a nod to the fact that we have zero continuity.

That's certainly fair. I heard that the Lakers have never had such significant roster change midseason in their history. Swapping out 6 players with 25 games left in the season is a difficult and unusual circumstance.

But I feel like Ham and the staff could find a way to keep 1 of their 3 "All-Stars" on the court at all times, as well as flank AD with 2 playmakers if he's the lone All-Star. We're not asking Ham to have 1 of LeBron or AD on the court at all times, which would admittedly be much more difficult (especially because you want that duo on the court together as much as possible).
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 1:37 pm    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

That's certainly fair. I heard that the Lakers have never had such significant roster change midseason in their history. Swapping out 6 players with 25 games left in the season is a difficult and unusual circumstance.

But I feel like Ham and the staff could find a way to keep 1 of their 3 "All-Stars" on the court at all times, as well as flank AD with 2 playmakers if he's the lone All-Star. We're not asking Ham to have 1 of LeBron or AD on the court at all times, which would admittedly be much more difficult (especially because you want that duo on the court together as much as possible).

LeBron has missed 15 of the last 20 games and DLo has missed 8 of the last 20. Not saying Ham is good or bad, but he hasn't had a long stretch of games to see how all these guys fit. Hopefully it's coming together now.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 12:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
One possible solution is to stagger the trio of James, Davis and Russell so that at least one is on the floor at all times β€” something Ham is considering.

β€œIt’s good to have one of those guys β€” whether it’s Bron, D-Lo, AR β€” one of those guys on the floor with the bench unit,” Ham said. β€œβ€¦ But having one of those guys out there, or if it’s all five (bench) guys, just making sure we get into a rhythm and we try to find the actions and the defensive coverage that suits that group.”

https://theathletic.com/4362824/2023/03/30/nba-standings-playoffs-lakers-lebron-davis/
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:34 am    Post subject:

It should be 2 of the 4 on the floor at all times

Lebron
Davis
Russel
Reaves

Outrageous strategy right?
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:34 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
It should be 2 of the 4 on the floor at all times

Lebron
Davis
Russel
Reaves

Outrageous strategy right?

Reaves/Beasley/Lebron/Rui/Gabriel

Schroeder/DLO/TBJ/Rui/AD

Voila.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:55 am    Post subject:

We will see if he can adapt. Big game tonight and the Wolves are a good team who will present problems. Wenyen has to get minutes (to keep Rudy off the boards). KAT is stud and AD better be ready. Vanderbilt is going to be needed to limit Edwards.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:38 am    Post subject:

bluehill wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
ArminNBA wrote:

LeBron has missed 15 of the last 20 games and DLo has missed 8 of the last 20. Not saying Ham is good or bad, but he hasn't had a long stretch of games to see how all these guys fit. Hopefully it's coming together now.

That's a somewhat flimsy excuse. Ham has had 48 minutes each of those 15 games to find bench lineups for when LeBron sits - which is the biggest issue.
Nonamehero
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:46 am    Post subject:

If I see Vando guarding a center in this game instead of guarding Edward.

I SWEAR... HAM YOU MEATHEAD, please GET IT TOGETHER!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Coach was using rotations like it was the playoffs. Pretty good.
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Solid coaching from Ham against Minny. Credit where it's due, the rotations were much better and he had a solid game plan trapping Edwards.

One thing he does very well is when something works on offense, he just hammers it over and over. He went to the D-Lo and AD pick and roll over and over again and I've seen him do that before, when he finds a weak spot he attacks it.

Good sign for the playoffs.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:54 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Coach was using rotations like it was the playoffs. Pretty good.

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:54 pm    Post subject:

Good to see him tightening the rotation a little bit, giving Rui some minutes

Nice job tonight, coach
lakerfansd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Good job having Vanderbilt guard Edwards and Rui guard KAT. They both played solid D.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 135, 136, 137 ... 290, 291, 292  Next
Page 136 of 292
Jump to: