Which rotation do we trust more?

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

2023 or 2024 rotation?
22%
 22%  [ 4 ]
77%
 77%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 18

alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:27 am    Post subject: Which rotation do we trust more?

DLo/Schroder
Reaves/Lonnie
Vando/Rui
Bron
AD

or

DLo/Vincent
Reaves/Dinwiddie
Rui/Prince
Bron
AD/Hayes

I’m trusting the 2024 unit more. Obviously coming up against an excellent opponent first up, but I think the bench has more versatility, and Rui has grown as a player to make him more of a mismatch at SF. Also Hayes is playable, unlike Wenyen

Put your answers in the poll
#18 next...
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:39 am    Post subject:

The one with Lonnie
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:41 am    Post subject:

Are we doing feelings over facts? Sure, feelings, intuition, opinions based on emotions all turn out to be real sometimes.

These two?
12.6ppg, 41.5%fg, 32.9%3pt, 85.7%ft, 2.5apg, 4.5rpg
11.7ppg, 44.8%fg, 36.5%3pt, 85.8%ft, 1.9apg, 1.1rpg

Or these two?
6.8ppg, 39.7%fg, 38.9%3pt, 88.0%ft, 2.4apg, 1.7rpg
3.1ppg, 30.6%fg, 10.7%3pt, 50.0%ft, 1.9apg, .8rpg

Vando may be available on both so I won’t consider of him.

I’d like someone else to look at Weynen/TroyBrown vs Hayes/Prince
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Which rotation do we trust more?

alleyoop wrote:
DLo/Schroder
Reaves/Lonnie
Rui/TroyBrown/Vando
Bron
AD/Wenyen

or

DLo/Vincent
Reaves/Dinwiddie
Rui/Prince/Vando?
Bron
AD/Hayes

I’m trusting the 2024 unit more. Obviously coming up against an excellent opponent first up, but I think the bench has more versatility, and Rui has grown as a player to make him more of a mismatch at SF. Also Hayes is playable, unlike Wenyen

Put your answers in the poll

Last year Rui had the post season's best 3pt shooting percentage in the history of the NBA. It doesn’t make sense to say this year is better yet.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:53 am    Post subject:

Well, our bench this year is a big question mark. Last year I felt we kind of knew we could get production from Dennis/Rui.

This year Prince, Dinwiddie, Gabe, Hayes sound good on paper. First 3 all have a lot of big game experience. But they have been very inconsistent. How many times has our bench totally no showed over last 20 games?

Especially disappointed in Dinwiddie. This guy averaged 17/7 last year. I hoped we would be getting an upgrade over Dennis with him.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:06 am    Post subject:

Hayes has been playing well (gives us another big). Prince has really stepped up his game. I think these 2 are FAR BETTER than Brown and Wenyen (and its not close). I like Dinwiddie at the end of the season vs Lonnie. Obviously, DS and a healthy Vandy are better than Gabe and this seasons Vandy. I do not like Cam, but I can see a role for him in this series.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:45 am    Post subject:

LeBron is noticeably healthier and AD about the same. The rest is just details.
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:00 am    Post subject:

When this team is at full strength, they are better than last years team. But that would be with Vanderbilt and Wood. Right now, I'm not sure.

I think on paper they are better equipped to face Denver this year. You have Gabe, Dinwiddie, and Cam to throw at Murray. You can place Cam or Rui on their forwards. I'd feel a heck of a lot better if Vanderbilt and Wood were back though.
Lakeshow23_
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:17 am    Post subject:

Vando, Dennis and Lonnie were virtually unplayable against Denver for a variety of reasons. The fact that Rui didn't start until game 4 while Ham vacillated between starting Vando and Dennis was a silent killer. For this specific matchup, I much prefer Prince, Gabe, Spencer.

Gabe/Spencer is a significantly better defensive backcourt than Dennis and Lonnie and much better equipped to guard Murray due to their size and ability to navigate screens. Gabe helped limit Murray to 21 PPG on 55 TS% in the finals. We would take that every day of the week.

Prince's shooting and spacing is more valuable than anything Vando can provide in this series.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Last years rotation won zero games against Denver, so it seems like a low bar.
DA1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Just wish we had vando this year
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Key here is Ham avoiding the 2nd unit 3 guard line-up... He seems to fixed that vs the Pelicans. Rotation most likely gets more tighter in the playoffs. I see Dinwiddie losing some minutes to Gabe.

DLO/Gabe
AR/Dinwiddie
Rui/TP
Lebron
AD/Hayes
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Wasn’t last year’s team top 5 defensively after the trades? What makes y’all think this team would be better defensively against Den when they have been poor defensively against the league? Plus they don’t have Vando this year who was instrumental last year in being a defense force. Is it all faith in Vincent?

If you are high on Vincent’s play-in game performance I urge you to refresh your memory of Schroeder’s last year.

I sure hope Vincent delivers. It seems like a long shot and my expectations are low but hope is still high.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: