Mass shooting at elementary school in Texas. (19 children & 2 teachers dead)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:38 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Meanwhile, at the macho-man NRA convention, here's a list of the things that are banned:

https://i.ibb.co/42pX7xY/FTy-V5y-NUYAADl-W5-format-jpg-name-900x900.jpg

Well they certainly think highly of their constituents.

Those things weren’t banned during the convention, only when certain people were speaking.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:54 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Meanwhile, at the macho-man NRA convention, here's a list of the things that are banned:

Those things weren’t banned during the convention, only when certain people were speaking.

The Worst people.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:57 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:

The Worst people.

Definitely people that I am no fan of.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Aaron Katersky @AaronKatersky

The Uvalde Police Department and the Uvalde ISD police force are no longer cooperating with the @TxDPS investigation into the massacre at Robb Elementary and the state’s review of police response, multiple law enforcement sources told @ABC w/ @JoshMargolin
Corey78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 1:54 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

The Uvalde Police Department and the Uvalde ISD police force are no longer cooperating with the @TxDPS investigation into the massacre at Robb Elementary and the state’s review of police response, multiple law enforcement sources told @ABC w/ @JoshMargolin

Their story still has holes. I think it will only get worse. I suspect an officer or officers were there prior to the monster entering the school.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 3:38 pm    Post subject:

What are these tears called
Not joy
Tears from feeling the loving connectedness of some humans giant hearts?

This story cracked the tear bucket
The man chose to meet with every family that lost their child in Uvalde
To build and design beautiful customized caskets for them at no charge

https://people.com/crime/texas-artist-designs-uvalde-victims-caskets-for-free/
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Corey78 wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
Quote:

Their story still has holes. I think it will only get worse. I suspect an officer or officers were there prior to the monster entering the school.

The officers who went in to get their children while the gunman was in there are a huge problem

All the 911 calls from children in the rooms who were more intelligent than the officers

Officer told a child to call out if they needed help too supposedly
It got killed immediately because of those orders

Lots of new laws need written regarding cop duties and ethics
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 5:53 pm    Post subject:

I’m still trying to verify this but while Uvalde is heavily Latino, apparently the police force is nearly 100% white and has had issues with the community before.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:11 pm    Post subject:

What would have happened to a police officer who disregarded what the chief was telling them and ran in there anyways because he knew "what was right"

run in and drop a radio near the door
set off the sprinkler systems

I imagine any swat team has at least one pair of thermal imaging goggles?

Shoot the big object taller than 4 feet through a wall or something?

My conscience could have survived the accidental killing of one child if I killed the shooter at the same time...

*Nobody wanted to take responsibility if they escalated the situation?

Chief needs charged... gets off with senility defense and retires?
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
I’m still trying to verify this but while Uvalde is heavily Latino, apparently the police force is nearly 100% white and has had issues with the community before.

Not sure what you heard, but from what I have seen, they are definitely not as white skewed as that. And the photos of their SWAT team that have been heavily posted is definitely more mixed than 100% white. That of course doesn’t mean they haven’t had problems with their community interactions. Being a lousy cop is certainly not restricted to any race.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:35 am    Post subject:

slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:15 pm    Post subject:

paymonM wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Former President Donald Trump speaks at NRA Convention in Houston

LINK

Donald Trump is a vile individual. Hearing him speak literally causes my blood pressure to rise. His facial expressions make me nauseous. He spoke at the NRA convention and used Uvalde and its victims as a talking point. Actually had a bell toll after each name he read. No guns were allowed.

They don't care. Donald and those like him are caught in the NRA green trap, money. NRA buy politicians. IMO a movement to disband them should be engendered.

Cruz and Trump thinking what stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun is asinine and typical of people of that ilk. Two (Y)s

We can't allow this to become just another everyday occurrence. We can't become numb to these mass shootings.

We have a voice it's called a vote. Let it be heard in November. We have an instrument to let our representatives know our wants, it's called a telephone. Contact your senator call 202 224-3121. Bombard their offices with calls. Let them know your displeasure with their not using their position to put a stop to mass shootings.

If it's your opinion let them know gun control is a step that has to be taken. An assault weapon ban and background checks would be a step in the right direction.

Use the number above call your representatives.

Let them know ENOUGH IS ENOUGH and

WE'RE MAD AS HELL AND WE'RE NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!

he talked about "broken homes" being the problem while he's on his 3rd wife

If "broken homes" really are one factor in the men who perform these mass shootings (not sure if it really is), then here are a couple of possible solutions:

1. What is perhaps the number one things that destroys marriages and romantic relationships? Money. Maybe if we raise the minimum wage to at least $15 an hour and index it with inflation we can prevent some "broken homes." More affordable housing and better zoning laws to keep out yuppie gentrifying real estate developers from low-income neighborhoods would also help.

2. LEGALIZE ABORTION. Sometimes when a low-income woman has an unwanted pregnancy, it's unwanted because she (and her husband/partner) can't afford to have a baby.

Last edited by slavavov on Thu Jun 02, 2022 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Laugh if you want to but I read a bit of a book called A Course In Miracles

The only Sin there is is Separation
The Sicknesses of our Brothers and Sisters are our sicknesses too (Heal Them)

ONE TRIBE
Community
Pleased to be a living being

Get foreign money out of USA Politics.
Russians groomed the (bleep) in the cesspools of our society and turned them into Republicans. Those cannot be actual humans who keep voting to harm humanity??

Check this (bleep).. TWO horrible female Republicans both videoed or livestreamed themselves going to protest children asking for help to stop school shootings
Separate events ... I do not know if they knew each other at the time..If I wanted to harm our country I would support their campaign.

Lauren Boebert called the 15,000 “gun related deaths” per year in America “a drop in the bucket” in an uncovered 2018 video posted while driving 40 miles to counterprotest Colorado students demanding an end to school shootings.
https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnewsvideo/comments/uz2aq2/lauren_boebert_called_the_15000_gun_related/

That time Marjorie Taylor Greene harassed a child who survived a school shooting because he wanted the government to take action and protect kids like him and his now-dead friends
https://www.reddit.com/r/ThatsInsane/comments/uzkql2/that_time_marjorie_taylor_greene_harassed_a_child/
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2022 11:42 am    Post subject:

Dirtwater America IQ problems

Kids' 911 calls from inside Uvalde school were not relayed to police chief, Texas senator says
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2022/06/03/student-911-calls-uvalde-police-chief-arredondo/7496382001/
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:25 am    Post subject:

Though mass shootings bring attention to the need for gun control they are a small portion of the deaths and injuries guns cause. The number of people injured or killed on a daily basis is more than some imagine. Attention should focus on the whole, not just mass shootings. Gun control is a must. These stats are alarming.

THE FACTS THAT MAKE US ACT

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:31 am    Post subject:

^^^ A Canadian posted that they have 11 total deaths from school shootings in the nations history

America is about to implode

AFTER Americas latest shootings
Black Supermarket
Latino chilrens school

OTHER COUNTRIES (who weren't even affected) TIGHTENED their already stringent gun control policies...

What is our problem? REPUBLICAN TERRORISM is what it is!
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Thank you so much Dear Republican Terrorists
Our freedoms shouldn't be used this way

DHS terror threat bulletin warns online forums are encouraging copycat Uvalde attacks
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dhs-terror-threat-bulletin-online-forums-copycat-uvalde-attacks/

Quote:
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) issued a terror threat bulletin Tuesday warning that online forums harboring domestic violent extremist content and conspiracy theories have encouraged copycat attacks in the wake of the mass shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas. 

Analysts from DHS' Office of Intelligence & Analysis assess that these online platforms have also "seized on the event to attempt to spread disinformation and incite grievances, including claims it was a government-staged event meant to advance gun control measures."

Why are these hate forums allowed
Why can't they prosecute any turd that promotes violence against children and other innocent's
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:53 pm    Post subject:

^^^ A Canadian posted that they have 11 total deaths from school shootings in the nations history

Black Supermarket
Latino chilrens school

OTHER COUNTRIES (who weren't even affected) TIGHTENED their already stringent gun control policies...

And even that 11 is 11 f'in shooting deaths too f'in many.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:30 pm    Post subject:

American made. Wasn’t the first and won’t be the last. It’s in the roots and soul of the country and now you see the fruit that it bears. And there’s always an excuse. It’s mental health. Seems like all the mental health cases are here. Too diverse. Too this. Too that.

Money, greed, power and politics will continue to let this happen. It won’t stop in my lifetime. We’ll just keep putting out flags at half staff and keep praying because that seems like the only thing we do when this occurs.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:57 am    Post subject:

I keep posting the words of Abe Lincoln.

Quote:
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Freedom comes with a price. When is it right to curtail some freedoms and which should be curtailed?

IMO gun control is a freedom that needs to be addressed. Some Americans are stretching the boundaries past the limits and the 2nd amendment intent.

It won't happen in my lifetime or maybe my children's but how many generations are there left to enjoy our freedoms if we continue on the current path?

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:26 am    Post subject:

Matthew McConaughey said it best, to paraphrase his words, people justifying incidents like this using the second amendment are destroying that amendment for the millions of law abiding gun owners. Basing gun ownership on age isn’t destroying a freedom. Banning large capacity magazines isn’t destroying a freedom. Instituting waiting periods and requiring background checks isn’t destroying a freedom. There is nothing that can be done to stop the problem but you hope that some incidents can be stopped. Enforce the laws that we have by getting rid of the DAs who avoid enforcing our laws due to their own agenda.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Black Supermarket
Latino chilrens school

I had a guy get shot to death in a minute or less of walking distance from my room/front door in 2014. It was at 330 AM and I was texting a ladyfriend (just a platonic friend, unfort, wasnt in there) and told her, "I'm pretty sure someone just got shot to death outside here." It was 3 quick shots and 2 paused ones. Gladly, he wasn't shooting in my direction cus I was sitting on the couch watching TV and texting. Kid was a drug dealer or something from down the street and apparently was in some kind of tryst w/ the 40s-50s MILF aged woman of the guy who killed him. At their house, you'd often see garb on some of the younger cats that looked gangish. The long socks and Nike Cortez shoes and Pendleton style shirts, evocative of older Latino gang culture. But the shooter was in the passenger seat and the woman thought, "Hey, thanks for offering to let me drive the getaway car so we can ambush the kid (and I can get life in prison, TOO! YASS!) and they brought their teenaged son to boot. Kid obviously wasn't aware he was gonna get ambushed. All 3 were arrested within a day or two at a motel. Their red car was easily spotted by local residents. Street was blocked off all day w/ coppers investigating. Guy was only 23ish. Latino, so his relatives still walk down the street to place votive religious candles and flowers, etc, years later. They still do it.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:59 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Matthew McConaughey said it best, to paraphrase his words, people justifying incidents like this using the second amendment are destroying that amendment for the millions of law abiding gun owners. Basing gun ownership on age isn’t destroying a freedom. Banning large capacity magazines isn’t destroying a freedom. Instituting waiting periods and requiring background checks isn’t destroying a freedom. There is nothing that can be done to stop the problem but you hope that some incidents can be stopped. Enforce the laws that we have by getting rid of the DAs who avoid enforcing our laws due to their own agenda.

I don’t get it. If we are trying to fix a problem related to stopping a car with failed brakes, why is the one thing we are not allowed to do is fix the brakes? The rest of the world consumes our media and has all the issues in various forms we do. What’s the difference? Hint, it isn’t background checks and waiting periods.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:02 pm    Post subject:

You can address some of the issues that are correctable and could have positive results. Or you can pursue the pie in the sky ideas that will never happen and things will never change.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2022 6:20 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Matthew McConaughey said it best, to paraphrase his words, people justifying incidents like this using the second amendment are destroying that amendment for the millions of law abiding gun owners.

The problem is, the Second Amendment has nothing to do with individual gun owners. It has to do with "well regulated militias". It doesn't matter how "law abiding" private citizens are, they aren't in militias. Until republican representation stops misrepresenting the Second Amendment, taking bribes from the gun lobby and appeasing gun nuts, we are going to have these very preventable tragedies. THAT'S what McConaughey's point was.

[quote[Basing gun ownership on age isn’t destroying a freedom. Banning large capacity magazines isn’t destroying a freedom. Instituting waiting periods and requiring background checks isn’t destroying a freedom. [/quote]

That's true, and those are good starts, but they are purely bandaid solutions that don't prevent the wound in the first place.

But they are not an excuse to neglect addressing the real issue: the guns themselves. It's completely irrational to not place limits on what types of weapons are available to civilians and the capabilities they have, as well as the numbers allowed.

Quote:
There is nothing that can be done to stop the problem but you hope that some incidents can be stopped.

This is absolute BS and you know it. Plenty of countries have virtually eliminated the problem by identifying the problem—the guns themselves.

Quote:
Enforce the laws that we have by getting rid of the DAs who avoid enforcing our laws due to their own agenda.

The laws we have clearly aren't enough, and the DA's aren't the problem. The elected officials in DC and heading states who place their pocketbooks ahead of actual leadership are.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13
Jump to: