Max Christie the Lakers 35th Pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 18492

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 7:57 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
tox wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
His contract will be fascinating.

I believe 2y8M is fair. Wouldn't be a big Ham fan if was Christie, kept him on bench in contract year.

I would overpay AAV if you can get more years. 4Y$30M type vibe. This FO gives POs away like candy, but if you could lock up Christie into his mid 20s with the cap rising at anything less than <$10M/year you can end up with a serious deal

Well done man!

Unfortunately got the underlined part right too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 1217

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2024 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Chris Paul 1 year - 11 million
Jonas Valanciunas 3 years - 30 million

Max Christie 4 years - 32 million


We are paying deep bench, garbage time player number like contributing, proven veterans get.

Would much rather have Valanciunas as a quality Center.

Clownshow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 25744

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:13 am    Post subject:

There’s the comp now, Kelly Oubre, same salary
_________________
“The main goal for the Lakers is to win a championship. All I care about, all we care about, is to raise another banner in the rafters.“
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Pidge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 478

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:03 am    Post subject:

Seems a decent contract looking ahead to post-lebron. Might make him an interesting chip if he shows his potential this year as well.

Not sure it helps us right now though.

Oubre has had years of being paid, now he's clearly keen to stay with a competing side that has shown him some love. He's going to be on a team with three max players and knows that if it doesn't work out he'll easily be tradeable at that amount.
_________________
"I got Wheaties!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 32167

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:53 am    Post subject:

Lakers clearly betting pretty hard on Max’s upside, because his production even when he did get minutes didn’t warrant 8 per year. Good catch and shoot from three, but as much as we keep saying his defense is good (and he does seem to use his length to try to contest well), guys were hitting shots pretty comfortably over his contests for the most part, from my memory. Maybe it was all Ham effing up, but Max is still just potential right now. Hopefully he pans out in a big way for us. If he does, his K would be an extremely good value.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 22979
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:58 am    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
Chris Paul 1 year - 11 million
Jonas Valanciunas 3 years - 30 million

Max Christie 4 years - 32 million


We are paying deep bench, garbage time player number like contributing, proven veterans get.

Would much rather have Valanciunas as a quality Center.

Clownshow.


Funny, to me, it would be a clown show had they let Max walk. This is a good bet by the Lakers. You'll eat crow.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 18492

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:16 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
Lakers clearly betting pretty hard on Max’s upside, because his production even when he did get minutes didn’t warrant 8 per year. Good catch and shoot from three, but as much as we keep saying his defense is good (and he does seem to use his length to try to contest well), guys were hitting shots pretty comfortably over his contests for the most part, from my memory. Maybe it was all Ham effing up, but Max is still just potential right now. Hopefully he pans out in a big way for us. If he does, his K would be an extremely good value.

Agreed. I think it's a good bet personally but I'm also a homer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2001
Posts: 4163

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:19 am    Post subject:

Max has steadily improved and is getting stronger.
Darvin Ham inexplicably left him out of the rotation most of the year.
Maybe Redick can find ways to MAX-imize him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 1217

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:20 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
Chris Paul 1 year - 11 million
Jonas Valanciunas 3 years - 30 million

Max Christie 4 years - 32 million


We are paying deep bench, garbage time player number like contributing, proven veterans get.

Would much rather have Valanciunas as a quality Center.

Clownshow.


Funny, to me, it would be a clown show had they let Max walk. This is a good bet by the Lakers. You'll eat crow.


Been hearing that for a couple years. Still waiting for Kormac Carl Max Christie to become this star. It would be great if he did, but the numbers don't support it.
If he was on another team, nobody would be this high on him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2003
Posts: 8107

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:00 am    Post subject:

SMH at getting worked up over an $8M AAV for a 21 year old wing with 3 and D potential in today’s NBA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 5827

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:18 am    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
Chris Paul 1 year - 11 million
Jonas Valanciunas 3 years - 30 million

Max Christie 4 years - 32 million


We are paying deep bench, garbage time player number like contributing, proven veterans get.

Would much rather have Valanciunas as a quality Center.

Clownshow.


Funny, to me, it would be a clown show had they let Max walk. This is a good bet by the Lakers. You'll eat crow.


Been hearing that for a couple years. Still waiting for Kormac Carl Max Christie to become this star. It would be great if he did, but the numbers don't support it.
If he was on another team, nobody would be this high on him.

A couple of years? You thought that we all thought he'd be a star when he was 18 years old?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 18063

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:42 am    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
SMH at getting worked up over an $8M AAV for a 21 year old wing with 3 and D potential in today’s NBA.


The margins better.

Why bid against our selves again for a RFA?
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 1217

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:47 am    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
SMH at getting worked up over an $8M AAV for a 21 year old wing with 3 and D potential in today’s NBA.


We need a center to compete with Jokic in "today's NBA".

We got beat by the Nuggets 4-1 with Kormac Carl "Max" Christie.

Valanciunas signed for 10 mill a year. Would rather have him than Christie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 1217

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:49 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
Chris Paul 1 year - 11 million
Jonas Valanciunas 3 years - 30 million

Max Christie 4 years - 32 million


We are paying deep bench, garbage time player number like contributing, proven veterans get.

Would much rather have Valanciunas as a quality Center.

Clownshow.


Funny, to me, it would be a clown show had they let Max walk. This is a good bet by the Lakers. You'll eat crow.


Been hearing that for a couple years. Still waiting for Kormac Carl Max Christie to become this star. It would be great if he did, but the numbers don't support it.
If he was on another team, nobody would be this high on him.

A couple of years? You thought that we all thought he'd be a star when he was 18 years old?


No I did not. But others have been singing Christie's praises and potential. If he was on another team, he would just be another garbage time or deep bench player. We should be spending money on players who fill needs now, if we are going stay the course with Lebron and his time window.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2003
Posts: 8107

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:05 pm    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
SMH at getting worked up over an $8M AAV for a 21 year old wing with 3 and D potential in today’s NBA.


We need a center to compete with Jokic in "today's NBA".

We got beat by the Nuggets 4-1 with Kormac Carl "Max" Christie.

Valanciunas signed for 10 mill a year. Would rather have him than Christie.


Resigning Christie to his deal did not preclude them from signing Jonas. They’re completely unrelated signings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2003
Posts: 8107

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:19 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
SMH at getting worked up over an $8M AAV for a 21 year old wing with 3 and D potential in today’s NBA.


The margins better.

Why bid against our selves again for a RFA?


The better question would have been to ask why did Pelinka only sign him to a two year contract when they drafted him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2004
Posts: 3473

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:59 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
SMH at getting worked up over an $8M AAV for a 21 year old wing with 3 and D potential in today’s NBA.


The margins better.

Why bid against our selves again for a RFA?


The better question would have been to ask why did Pelinka only sign him to a two year contract when they drafted him.


Given 2 options, which would you take:

Max signs 2 year deal, re-signs for 3/24, breaks out
Max signs 3 year deal, breaks out, re-signs for more than 24M, likely with another team.

We literally just saw this play out with Reaves. Everyone complained about his 2 year deal and it ending up putting him in position to be a bargain contract.
_________________
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 1217

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:02 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
SMH at getting worked up over an $8M AAV for a 21 year old wing with 3 and D potential in today’s NBA.


We need a center to compete with Jokic in "today's NBA".

We got beat by the Nuggets 4-1 with Kormac Carl "Max" Christie.

Valanciunas signed for 10 mill a year. Would rather have him than Christie.


Resigning Christie to his deal did not preclude them from signing Jonas. They’re completely unrelated signings.


Does Christie not count against the salary cap or number of spots on the roster? How does that work?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2003
Posts: 8107

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:41 pm    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
SMH at getting worked up over an $8M AAV for a 21 year old wing with 3 and D potential in today’s NBA.


The margins better.

Why bid against our selves again for a RFA?


The better question would have been to ask why did Pelinka only sign him to a two year contract when they drafted him.


Given 2 options, which would you take:

Max signs 2 year deal, re-signs for 3/24, breaks out
Max signs 3 year deal, breaks out, re-signs for more than 24M, likely with another team.

We literally just saw this play out with Reaves. Everyone complained about his 2 year deal and it ending up putting him in position to be a bargain contract.


Fair enough if a longer deal would have meant he would be unrestricted. I honestly don’t know the rules around that. And I’m not the one complaining about the contract.


Last edited by LakersMD on Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2003
Posts: 8107

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:48 pm    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
SMH at getting worked up over an $8M AAV for a 21 year old wing with 3 and D potential in today’s NBA.


We need a center to compete with Jokic in "today's NBA".

We got beat by the Nuggets 4-1 with Kormac Carl "Max" Christie.

Valanciunas signed for 10 mill a year. Would rather have him than Christie.


Resigning Christie to his deal did not preclude them from signing Jonas. They’re completely unrelated signings.


Does Christie not count against the salary cap or number of spots on the roster? How does that work?


Works the same way they resigned Christie and are still trying to get another decent player to take the MLE. Assuming the rumors are true of Bron taking a paycut so they could use the MLE on certain players including JV, there’s no reason why the Lakers couldn’t offer JV an MLE deal even though they resigned Christie to his deal. JV apparently just chose to go to the Wizards for whatever reason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ThePageDude
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 25 Jul 2002
Posts: 2678

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:03 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
SMH at getting worked up over an $8M AAV for a 21 year old wing with 3 and D potential in today’s NBA.


We need a center to compete with Jokic in "today's NBA".

We got beat by the Nuggets 4-1 with Kormac Carl "Max" Christie.

Valanciunas signed for 10 mill a year. Would rather have him than Christie.


Resigning Christie to his deal did not preclude them from signing Jonas. They’re completely unrelated signings.


Does Christie not count against the salary cap or number of spots on the roster? How does that work?


Works the same way they resigned Christie and are still trying to get another decent player to take the MLE. Assuming the rumors are true of Bron taking a paycut so they could use the MLE on certain players including JV, there’s no reason why the Lakers couldn’t offer JV an MLE deal even though they resigned Christie to his deal. JV apparently just chose to go to the Wizards for whatever reason.


Answer him directly, no it doesn't, Jonas would've come via the (LBJ facilitated) exception which would exist irrespective of what Christie was offered - that's why it's called an exception.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2003
Posts: 8107

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:31 pm    Post subject:

ThePageDude wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
LakersMD wrote:
SMH at getting worked up over an $8M AAV for a 21 year old wing with 3 and D potential in today’s NBA.


We need a center to compete with Jokic in "today's NBA".

We got beat by the Nuggets 4-1 with Kormac Carl "Max" Christie.

Valanciunas signed for 10 mill a year. Would rather have him than Christie.


Resigning Christie to his deal did not preclude them from signing Jonas. They’re completely unrelated signings.


Does Christie not count against the salary cap or number of spots on the roster? How does that work?


Works the same way they resigned Christie and are still trying to get another decent player to take the MLE. Assuming the rumors are true of Bron taking a paycut so they could use the MLE on certain players including JV, there’s no reason why the Lakers couldn’t offer JV an MLE deal even though they resigned Christie to his deal. JV apparently just chose to go to the Wizards for whatever reason.


Answer him directly, no it doesn't, Jonas would've come via the (LBJ facilitated) exception which would exist irrespective of what Christie was offered - that's why it's called an exception.


I thought my answer was pretty clear LOL. You and I are saying the same thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 27300

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:32 pm    Post subject:

Is he playing Summer League again?
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2003
Posts: 8107

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:37 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Is he playing Summer League again?


There is no way he plays summer league this year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Knecht4
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 8888

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 5:54 pm    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
MJST wrote:
Is he playing Summer League again?


There is no way he plays summer league this year.


Yeah, he shut it down pretty quick last season also
_________________
Previously CamReddish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 52, 53, 54, 55  Next
Page 53 of 55
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB