Max Christie the Lakers 35th Pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 47, 48, 49  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 8:37 am    Post subject:

sonic the laker wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
activeverb wrote:
DD20045 wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Hell be a really nice player in a couple of years. Already beneficial for us in the minutes he plays for the most part

Too bad itll be for another team because Pelinka was a moron and didn’t give him a long cheap contract

It's strange. Christie is the only second round pick who got at least two guaranteed years, where the team didn't get an option on the third year.

Really can't understand how Rob didn't get the option year like every other GM.

Ex agent doing agent favors over helping his own ball club. Not hard to understand

Is that just something you are pulling out of your behind, or do you have anything to substantiate it?

Because if it’s just an assumption you’re making based on nothing, it makes no sense at all to me.

Haha still not hard to understand. Read ur own post and understand max only guy to get the 2 year old
Understand that other 2 previous 2nd Rd/undrafted guys got the same deal in tht and reeves.

Maybe what I am pulling out of my behind is the truth. Lol

What I don't understand is, what's the problem with signing Christie to a two year deal? After those two years, Christie will fall under the Arenas Provision, and the Early Bird Exception. So, there should beno issue in re-signing him, if the Lakers choose to.

Sometimes, I really get the feeling that people come on here to complain, and bag on people, just because... Whatever floats your boat.

So in year 3 you get to pay him $7 mil instead of $2 mil. Great planning.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2023 9:27 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
sonic the laker wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Dennis100mtrash wrote:
activeverb wrote:
DD20045 wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Hell be a really nice player in a couple of years. Already beneficial for us in the minutes he plays for the most part

Too bad itll be for another team because Pelinka was a moron and didn’t give him a long cheap contract

It's strange. Christie is the only second round pick who got at least two guaranteed years, where the team didn't get an option on the third year.

Really can't understand how Rob didn't get the option year like every other GM.

Ex agent doing agent favors over helping his own ball club. Not hard to understand

Is that just something you are pulling out of your behind, or do you have anything to substantiate it?

Because if it’s just an assumption you’re making based on nothing, it makes no sense at all to me.

Haha still not hard to understand. Read ur own post and understand max only guy to get the 2 year old
Understand that other 2 previous 2nd Rd/undrafted guys got the same deal in tht and reeves.

Maybe what I am pulling out of my behind is the truth. Lol

What I don't understand is, what's the problem with signing Christie to a two year deal? After those two years, Christie will fall under the Arenas Provision, and the Early Bird Exception. So, there should beno issue in re-signing him, if the Lakers choose to.

Sometimes, I really get the feeling that people come on here to complain, and bag on people, just because... Whatever floats your boat.

So in year 3 you get to pay him $7 mil instead of $2 mil. Great planning.

If he's worth it, sure. Not saying its the best use of money/contract structure. I honestly can't comment on that, since I have absolutely no clue as to the Lakers thinking behind the contracts. Or, if its a part of some long term plan, or just ineptitude (as a lot of posters seem to think).

I'll reserve my judgement.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 3:27 am    Post subject:

I just get this warm, fuzzy feeling every time I see Max come off the court and Darvin ham is right there in his ear talking to him. Ham knows that this is the future at wing.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:36 am    Post subject:

https://t.co/5aFhn6ASgZ

can someone post this whole article? Thanks!
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:52 am    Post subject:

First game where I actually saw something from him offensively. Good stuff,

But yeah, Pelinka is allergic to giving 2nd round/undrafted players 3 year contracts. Dude is obsessed with trying to collect cap space for that BIG free agent.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
https://t.co/5aFhn6ASgZ

can someone post this whole article? Thanks!

Sorry not it’s entirety, but some paragraphs from it…

Quote:
When Christie arrived in Los Angeles, he was 189 pounds. He’s now fluctuating between 197 and 200, gaining a solid 10 pounds of muscle over the past six months. Christie works closely with associate strength and conditioning coach Randy Flores (weightlifting, protein and supplements) and team dietician Becci Twombley (nutrition, meal timing and frequency). Their goal for the rest of the season is for him to maintain his weight, with an eye on adding a few more pounds in future seasons. “Two-hundred pounds is pretty good to be at right now, for now,” Christie said. “Next year, we’ll probably up that a little bit more. But it’s been 10 pounds this year so far. It’s probably more than what we expected, especially in a long season like this.”

Christie is taking advantage of his opportunity, shooting an elite 43.9 percent on 3s and often defending the opponent’s best backcourt scorer. The Lakers have tested Christie in crunchtime both on and off the ball, deploying him against players like Washington’s All-Star Bradley Beal and emerging Kings guard Kevin Huerter. “It’s been really cool,” Christie said. “It’s definitely a really good experience for me sort of closing out last game in Sacramento, for the most part. … I think the biggest game for me that I closed out was Washington. That was a really big game. I guarded Bradley Beal. To guard an All-Star like him in my rookie year, where he was obviously getting the ball crunchtime, he was going at me, and so I thought it did a good job, for the most part, of making him make some tough shots. So it’s really cool just to see that confidence that they have in me.”

Christie has studied James’ pre- and postgame routines throughout the season. And for the past three weeks, he’s been implementing everything James shared with him, ranging from icing his knees and feet to using Normatec boots to cold showers and foam rolling and stretching. “Everything he does from after the game in the locker room to before the game, how he gets ready for games,” Christie told The Athletic. “I mean, I’ve observed everything, and I’m trying to use everything that he’s been doing and putting it in my repertoire.”

Christie said he has been proactive and not reactive during his rookie season after hitting a “wall really, really hard” as a freshman at Michigan State last year, particularly as a 3-point shooter (31.7 percent). His inability to overcome that wall plunged his draft stock, knocking the five-star recruit into in the second round, where the Lakers selected him with the No. 35 pick (the same pick as Draymond Green, DeAndre Jordan, Carlos Boozer and Herb Jones).

“I didn’t take recovery, rest,” Christie said of his college days. “There’s a whole bunch of different things that I’m really being proactive with that I wasn’t proactive with at all last year. And that definitely showed. And so now I’ve learned from last year, coming into this year, and making sure that I’m taking the steps to make sure I’m really healthy and I don’t run into that wall. “And if I do hit that wall, it’s not going to be like a brick wall. It might be a much softer wall that I can break through.” – via Jovan Buha @ The Athletic

epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:26 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
“I wouldn’t score 40 points in a game when I’m with the Lakers. So, I’m really just trying to do in the G League what I would do in the Lakers game, which is shoot 3s, be aggressive, play great defense.”

Very wise, Max
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Thanks V!
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:07 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Quote:
“I wouldn’t score 40 points in a game when I’m with the Lakers. So, I’m really just trying to do in the G League what I would do in the Lakers game, which is shoot 3s, be aggressive, play great defense.”

Very wise, Max

Shades of Caruso who said he practiced workman like things at SB because that would be his role in the pros. Pointed out that guys who try to be all-stars at the GLeague level we’re practicing the wrong things. Then you have THT trying to be LeBron in the GLeague, and you see where training like that gets you (if you aren’t of that ilk).

Max s 19 years old. Wow.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2023 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
epic_ wrote:
Quote:

Very wise, Max

Shades of Caruso who said he practiced workman like things at SB because that would be his role in the pros. Pointed out that guys who try to be all-stars at the GLeague level we’re practicing the wrong things. Then you have THT trying to be LeBron in the GLeague, and you see where training like that gets you (if you aren’t of that ilk).

Max s 19 years old. Wow.

-Will be 20 yrs old in 1 month. He is a keeper.
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 1:03 am    Post subject:

Very excited about the young group we have

Last year’s team of X washed up all stars was the wrong way to go. If you’re not gonna give any credit at all, you should give some to management for going away from that philosophy.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:25 pm    Post subject:

Another good game by Max. He's showing steady improvement each time out.
7 Pts (3-6 FG), 5 Rbs, 1 Blk
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:39 pm    Post subject:

I like how he’s slowly starting to come out of his shell and be more assertive.

There were moments you could tell he got a little heated some of the defensive breakdowns that lead to Dallas points and he went right at them with his dribble and even started to get more physical on D.

Might have another Reaves (Diamond in the rough talent) on our hands…every passing game his belief in himself is starting to grow and with that confidence he’ll show more of what he’s really capable of.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:21 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
I like how he’s slowly starting to come out of his shell and be more assertive.

There were moments you could tell he got a little heated some of the defensive breakdowns that lead to Dallas points and he went right at them with his dribble and even started to get more physical on D.

Might have another Reaves (Diamond in the rough talent) on our hands…every passing game his belief in himself is starting to grow and with that confidence he’ll show more of what he’s really capable of.
AGREED!
With a little more seasoning and added strength, we have a winner on our hands.
Another fine job of evaluating potential talent by the young Buss brothers!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:30 am    Post subject:

Max Christie Closely Observing LeBron James’ Game Day Routine To Avoid Hitting Rookie Wall
Quote:
“Everything he does from after the game in the locker room to before the game, how he gets ready for games,” Christie told The Athletic.
“I mean, I’ve observed everything, and I’m trying to use everything that he’s been doing and putting it in my repertoire.”

https://lakersnation.com/lakers-news-max-christie-closely-observing-lebron-james-game-day-routine-to-avoid-hitting-rookie-wall/2023/01/14/
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 5:12 pm    Post subject:

I could see Christie sliding into a Danny Green type role in a coue years.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:25 pm    Post subject:

He just needs to be a little more confident on offense. The most sound rookies make quick decisions. Step into the jumper more and attack the seams on defense, as he has a lot of spacing to work with when Lebron is on the floor. I can see him progressing like Killian Hayes. However, teams routinely hunt him on defense. He has the tools and frame to be a physical defender, but he's not quite there yet at 19. Couple years in the weight room will fix that.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:50 pm    Post subject:

JamaalWilkes wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
JamaalWilkes wrote:
He's G-League talent, at best.

Care to provide specifics/explanation?

Sure. My specifics are the numbers that don't lie and the explanation is facts plus eye test. See link below for his stats in pre-season.

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/4432582/max-christie

So those are my specifics (based on facts) and explanation.

Would you care to provide specifics/explanation for your assessment?

Facts
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:58 am    Post subject:

IMO Max played well last night and gained more valuable real-time playing experience.

DancingBarry wrote:

Christie -- -- The Lakers needed some young legs and effort out there. Just too much sluggish play, so Christie got some extra run and was able to scratch out some points.
He had some aggressive drives that earned FTs and also finished a layup on one. He sank a three after letting a man fly by.
In the fourth, Bron fired a pass to him on the wing and he swished another three to cut the lead to 1. He needed to stay aggressive, but fell back into rookie mode a few times on some possessions late.
Defensively, he was giving good effort, but at times a little too much space to a shooter in Huerter.

The Stats: He scored 12 points on 3-8 shooting (2-6 from three, 4-4 from the line) to go with 3 boards, 1 assist, 2 steal and 3 fouls in 27 minutes. He was a -5.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:05 pm    Post subject:

Good game Max!
This kid gets better each game. His defense will be elite and his shot is developing nicely.
sonic the laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:18 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Good game Max!
This kid gets better each game. His defense will be elite and his shot is developing nicely.

Very much agree. Looking at his game critically, the parts of his game that should be an emphasis on improving in the offseason, is ballhandling, and strength. Of course he should work on all facets of his game. But, those two should be prioritized, imo. And, the only other thing I think he really needs is confidence. Good thing is, as he's played more games with more minutes, you can see it growing, bit by bit.

Keeper for sure!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Gonna be a good starter for years imo
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:23 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Gonna be a good starter for years imo

In the g league apparently. Lmao.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:24 pm    Post subject:

What happens when walker and Reaves comes back? I hope Ham plays him over Brown at least
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:24 pm    Post subject:

He's so (bleep) good as a chaser.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 47, 48, 49  Next
Page 21 of 49
Jump to: