TROY BROWN Jr. - Minnesota 2yr deal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:18 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
Looking through the FA list, I don't see any obviously better and attainable option for the tax-payer MLE. Due to his size, I had Torrey Craig in my sights but if he plays well enough to warrant the MLE, the Suns have early bird rights and a new owner going all in.

I was also thinking TJ Warren might return to form and be a viable candidate but it looks like he's yet to shake off all that rust.

Can you resign him and Schroeder if you use the MLE, that’s the question. It might be pick one or the other situation.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:52 am    Post subject:

BandwagonLBJhopper wrote:
gng930 wrote:
Looking through the FA list, I don't see any obviously better and attainable option for the tax-payer MLE. Due to his size, I had Torrey Craig in my sights but if he plays well enough to warrant the MLE, the Suns have early bird rights and a new owner going all in.

I was also thinking TJ Warren might return to form and be a viable candidate but it looks like he's yet to shake off all that rust.

Can you resign him and Schroeder if you use the MLE, that’s the question. It might be pick one or the other situation.

Maybe on a handshake deal they agree to come back but then we pay them in 2024?

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:37 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:

If it comes down to DS or TBJ, I think we have to keep DS because we don’t have PGs, and we have max Christie in the wing
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:40 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:

Both of them will look to cash in. If everything is equal , they might stay but I seriously doubt it. Both of them have played well enough to earn a payday and those opportunities are quite limited so they will definitely take advantage of that.
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:58 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
gng930 wrote:

If it comes down to DS or TBJ, I think we have to keep DS because we don’t have PGs, and we have max Christie in the wing

Maybe in my fantasy land I can see DS and TBJ splitting the non-taxpayer MLE at 5-6 million apiece...not holding my breath.

Crazy as it sounds I'd go with Brown over Schro. I think you can more easily find the latter's skillset at a bargain rate or in the buyout market later.
You have Bron/DLO/Reaves for half-court playmaking. You really only need someone you can trust to get the ball past midcourt and then hand it off to one of them. Christie is 6-5 and barely finishing his rookie year. Would he be as viable filling at SF?
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:33 am    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
gng930 wrote:

Maybe in my fantasy land I can see DS and TBJ splitting the non-taxpayer MLE at 5-6 million apiece...not holding my breath.

Crazy as it sounds I'd go with Brown over Schro. I think you can more easily find the latter's skillset at a bargain rate or in the buyout market later.
You have Bron/DLO/Reaves for half-court playmaking. You really only need someone you can trust to get the ball past midcourt and then hand it off to one of them. Christie is 6-5 and barely finishing his rookie year. Would he be as viable filling at SF?

thats what we drafted him for, he has shown potential. you forgot that DS is our only Pg that can actually chase smaller players like Curry, Jones, etc. he is a great on ball defender on top of that, the perfect PG off the bench.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:18 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
gng930 wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
gng930 wrote:

thats what we drafted him for, he has shown potential. you forgot that DS is our only Pg that can actually chase smaller players like Curry, Jones, etc. he is a great on ball defender on top of that, the perfect PG off the bench.

Yea, the defense wouldn’t be nearly as effective without Schro. I would think he is a must to bring back, not only for production but also injury insurance if Dlo is out…like now.

The way TBjr continues to produce and improve I’m starting to believe his return is necessary. Rui is showing value and we haven’t seen Mo’s impact yet but as a back up and injury insurance, Mo looks like a keeper.

Surprisingly both Beasley and LW4 are underperforming and either or both could be allowed to walk with less impact as originally perceived if TBjr continues to improve. Consider the team below with TBjr’s role. Even if Mo can’t elevate to starter status so AD stay at C, Vande would most likely be a starter and TBjr could still make play both back up SF and back up SG…maybe even start at SF over Vande with Bron/AD.

Mo
AD, Rui
LBJ, Vande
Reaves, TBjr
Dlo, Schro
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Good point about the water-bug PG defense skillset. You can certainly make a compelling case for either. Regardless, I don't see a viable way to keep them both should they continue their current level of play. I wonder to what extent they shop Beas/Mo/2023 pick before free agency starts to find those areas of need.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Is everyone now cool with the AC for Troy Brown trade this past summer?
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:51 am    Post subject:

This is the guy I hope we can keep really growing on me
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:57 am    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
Is everyone now cool with the AC for Troy Brown trade this past summer?

Former FRP. Only 23 years old and starting to hit his stride.

I would work really hard to keep him tbh.

Good role player who might pop into an elite role player.
SGSD32
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:12 am    Post subject:

The more Troy plays like he is now.. and is matching up more with 2's and not big 3's.. the better he looks.. and the more expensive he becomes.

He's playing winning role-player basketball.. and there's always a market for that kind of guy. I say, overpay to keep... he's young, so you'll likely be able to trade him for something of value at some point.

He understands what he is now, as an NBA player.. and is dedicating himself to that role. Sooooo valuable in today's game.

With DLo, Reaves and Lebron... I just think it will be easier to get a backup PG who can play decent D than it will be to find a young wing who can bring what Troy does, every night.

The Caruso comps are pretty on-point, imo.. he's not at AC's tier on defense.. but he's at the top of the tier below.. and his shot is just money right now.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:55 am    Post subject:

Quote:
The Lakers are Brown’s third NBA team in five seasons across three different time zones. In each spot, Brown has started and come off the bench, played with and without the ball and changed roles several times.
The journey has forced him to accept what most successful role players eventually realize but not all can admit after being stars their whole youth: It’s not about him.
“I feel like, in order for me to last in this league, I’m more of a 3-and-D wing,” Brown said. “That’s more of what the game is evolving into.” 3 days ago – via Jovan Buha @ The Athletic

https://theathletic.com/4281641/2023/03/07/troy-brown-lakers-nba-role/
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:58 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
The Lakers are Brown’s third NBA team in five seasons across three different time zones. In each spot, Brown has started and come off the bench, played with and without the ball and changed roles several times.
The journey has forced him to accept what most successful role players eventually realize but not all can admit after being stars their whole youth: It’s not about him.
“I feel like, in order for me to last in this league, I’m more of a 3-and-D wing,” Brown said. “That’s more of what the game is evolving into.” 3 days ago – via Jovan Buha @ The Athletic

https://theathletic.com/4281641/2023/03/07/troy-brown-lakers-nba-role/

He's young enough to where he can develop into something more and we've certainly seen flashes of it. Until then, committing to the 3/D-wing role is the best way for him to secure his next bag.

Look at guys like Mikal Bridges and Jerami Grant who gained notoriety as 3/D players and have since thrived when given the opportunity to do more.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Troy played well & brought a lot of energy tonight. That Booker poster was NOICE!!

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1638740508448096260
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Troy doesn't get enough credit. He's definitely a role player but I think he is a strong role player. He plays good defense and spaces the floor for you. He also runs the floor well and can dunk on Devin Booker. What else do you want?
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:09 pm    Post subject:

I like TBJ but he needs to be more consistent offensively... He needs to be 10ppg guy if he wants to get paid.
GOODRICH25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Nothing but love for Troy. Wish to see him here next season too

17 99 19 22 44 13 25 Mic.
52 33 32 42 34 8 24 16 23 3
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:37 pm    Post subject:

TBJ should be getting all of Beasleys minutes
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:39 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
I like TBJ but he needs to be more consistent offensively... He needs to be 10ppg guy if he wants to get paid.

That's difficult to ask of a guy you have shoot mostly 3 pointers. Even the best fluctuate throughout the season. If he plays solid defense and shoots around 37ish from 3 then he's easily a keeper.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:40 pm    Post subject:

That dunk was noice!
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:40 pm    Post subject:

I can't tell if he actually plays good defense honestly
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Nice to see the facial on Booker.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:

haha YES!

Next up, how about a facial on that weasel Payne?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:

That Booker poster was NOICE!!

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1638740508448096260
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13
Jump to: